Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Nobody Has Done For Me What AXL ROSE Has Done'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Nobody Has Done For Me What AXL ROSE Has Done'  (Read 4711 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 28, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »

Rock My Monkey recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Rock My Monkey: Now why the name "Angel Down" [for your new solo album]? What's the inspiration?

Sebastian Bach: Oh, wow. Well, it's a song that is on the record that's, I have no idea when the new record is going to be coming out, so it's really weird for me to talk about it right now. But there's been a lot of stuff on the record about, kind of the war was on my mind, having the country at war, and also having a nineteen-year-old son. It's kind of what the youth of America have in the back of their mind. Are they going to get drafted? It very well could happen. It's a scary thing. So that was kind of on my mind when I was writing the lyrics for this record.

Rock My Monkey: How many songs do you have written so far? Is it totally done, and you're just waiting for the legalities to be finished?

Sebastian Bach: We have fourteen songs. The business side of it is really making me miserable right now. I don't know, man, when it's going to come out. I have no fucking idea, truly. It's bumming me out.

Rock My Monkey: As a fan of all the bands that have been involved in the current [GUNS N' ROSES] tour that you're on, and there's certain drama associated with one of them, I've got to ask, "Can't we all get along?"

Sebastian Bach: Well, as far as I knew, the SUICIDE GIRLS got along great. I don't know what you're talking about.

Rock My Monkey: The first band that was replaced by HELMET.

Sebastian Bach: Oh, the EAGLES OF DEATH METAL?

Rock My Monkey: Yeah. Did you get along with them? Did they seem okay with you?

Sebastian Bach: Yeah. I got along with them great. They were very nice guys. The one thing I haven't read in the press, but they don't tell anybody, that everybody knew that that was their first ever arena show. And we were all chuckling at them in soundcheck, because they set up their amps like, one foot behind their feet, like they're playing CBGBs on this arena stage that was half the size of a football field. And we were going, hey dudes, you can set them up back here, you know (laughs). They had never played an arena stage before. The first time I played an arena stage, I sucked, too. They came on stage, and had never done that, and it was evident to everybody in the whole place. That's the way it goes. I've been playing for fifteen years in arenas, and they wanted to go on after me, and the public did not accept that. That's just the way it goes in rock and roll.

Rock My Monkey: It seems the new GUNS N' ROSES, the "Chinese Democracy", might come out around the same time as your new cd. Does this mean even more touring with GNR in 2007?

Sebastian Bach: I hope so. That would be great. That would be killer. Nobody has done for me what Axl has done, as far as establishing me as a solo artist. Axl Rose has been the biggest help to me in that respect. I would definitely love to keep opening for GUNS in 2007. Definitely.

Rock My Monkey: Is there any chance of a Sebastian Bach DVD from this current tour you're doing?

Sebastian Bach: Yeah, that's a very, very big possibility. We've been filming-a lot of the nights GUNS N' ROSES has a full camera setup. A three camera shoot, pro sound, ProTools on the board. I've worked out a deal with the company that's on the road with them where I've got like, I can shoot whatever show I want, full camera setup and full good sound and everything, and I worked out a deal so I can do that. So I got about fifteen shows on video that I can definitely make a DVD with. It's very good quality stuff, so I hope to do something with that, definitely.

Read the entire interview at www.rockmymonkey.com.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 04:30:30 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

cool interview

everytime baz does an intervi?w the headlines is always about gn'r or axl, they all start with his solo album then it wents over to axl, CD and gn'r hihi
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 04:51:21 PM »

Baz is always so nice and respectful.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 05:00:18 PM »

Rock My Monkey recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Rock My Monkey: Now why the name "Angel Down" [for your new solo album]? What's the inspiration?

Sebastian Bach: Oh, wow. Well, it's a song that is on the record that's, I have no idea when the new record is going to be coming out, so it's really weird for me to talk about it right now. But there's been a lot of stuff on the record about, kind of the war was on my mind, having the country at war, and also having a nineteen-year-old son. It's kind of what the youth of America have in the back of their mind. Are they going to get drafted? It very well could happen. It's a scary thing. So that was kind of on my mind when I was writing the lyrics for this record.

Please don't let this be another anti-war album from a rock artist. Jeezus, it's been done so much, it's far unoriginal at this point.

Otherwise, cool interview. Baz is always great.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »

Please don't let this be another anti-war album from a rock artist. Jeezus, it's been done so much, it's far unoriginal at this point.

He was talking about that one song. Not the whole album.

At least thats what it sounds like to me anyways.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 05:06:43 PM »

Baz is a really cool down to earth guy when you get through all the hair and schtick.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 05:09:10 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=41710.msg842314#msg842314

Sebastian Bach: We have fourteen songs. The business side of it is really making me miserable right now. I don't know, man, when it's going to come out. I have no fucking idea, truly. It's bumming me out.

makes me wonder if these are connected i doubt it but you never know
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »

Not that I consider Sebastian one, but isn't expressing yourself what being an artist is about?

And a lot of people are dying over there for no reason, it should be discussed in art, music etc. Sorry you get tired of hearing about it, but it is important...even important enough for Savage Animal to speak his mind about it.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Annie
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »

Awesome interview! I thought Baz totally rocked in Chicago! He has the greatest head of hair , and his wife is stunningly beautiful! I'll never forget meeting the cast of LESTAT in NY and how most of the actors knew him and had been at the 5-15-06 show!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 06:04:43 PM »

Baz's new album is going to rock. I am very looking forward to it after seeing him with GNR twice.

gnrevolution.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 07:54:01 PM »

Baz's new album is going to rock. I am very looking forward to it

Same here  ok

And thanks for the interview FunkyMonkey
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 11:17:05 PM »

Some great insight in the interview, esp. concerning the EODM.  Overall, Baz seems quite objective and fair about the whole deal, but this line stuck out:

"I've been playing for fifteen years in arenas, and they wanted to go on after me, and the public did not accept that. That's just the way it goes in rock and roll."

Did they play before or after Baz?  Is Baz implying that's why they got booed by the crowd? 
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 11:49:21 PM »

But there's been a lot of stuff on the record about, kind of the war was on my mind, having the country at war, and also having a nineteen-year-old son.

Imagine Baz as your dad. Wonder if the kid likes GNR, he'd have a backstage pass any given day.  smoking

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 02:13:19 AM »

Not that I consider Sebastian one, but isn't expressing yourself what being an artist is about?

And a lot of people are dying over there for no reason, it should be discussed in art, music etc. Sorry you get tired of hearing about it, but it is important...even important enough for Savage Animal to speak his mind about it.

It is, but I partly enjoy music to escape. Sure music is about expression, but usually the best messages are sent when no one else is sending them. When the views you are speaking of in the song/lyrics, are controversial. Problem is the 'majority' of people & music artists have these views now. It's the norm. Now instead of it being rebellious, it's just another guy following the crowd.

Escapism is what I enjoy about music. This is why grunge was never big with me. I don't need to be reminded in 12 songs how fucked up my life is & the world is.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 07:28:41 AM »

But there's been a lot of stuff on the record about, kind of the war was on my mind, having the country at war, and also having a nineteen-year-old son.

Imagine Baz as your dad. Wonder if the kid likes GNR, he'd have a backstage pass any given day.? smoking

Yeah,would be awesome smoking

but i didn't know that his son was that old.does he have more kids?pics?

shit happens when you party naked
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 07:44:27 AM »

Imagine Baz as your dad. Wonder if the kid likes GNR, he'd have a backstage pass any given day.? smoking

he's a rockstar, he prolly has a bunch of kids in the world hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 09:08:54 AM »

Cool interview, thanks. I loved the part when he talk about every GNR show being filmed with profissional gear...

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »

Escapism is what I enjoy about music. This is why grunge was never big with me. I don't need to be reminded in 12 songs how fucked up my life is & the world is.

Wasn't the gritty reality what made Appetite cool in the first place? Every other band was making songs about getting laid, drunk, and driving fast cars. Guns came out describing something much darker and more real, which set the industry up for grunge to happen in a lot of ways.  Huh
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 10:45:28 AM »

Imagine Baz as your dad. Wonder if the kid likes GNR, he'd have a backstage pass any given day.  smoking

he's a rockstar, he prolly has a bunch of kids in the world hihi

hihi imagine Baz on Maury
guns_n_motley
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »

he has a couple of sons I believe. Ones in a death metal band..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: