Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:58:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What minor additions could axl mean?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What minor additions could axl mean?  (Read 7501 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: December 27, 2006, 12:10:02 PM »

"In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor ?- and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotiona'

I read this line, and im wondering if he means studio time? or perhaps watching over the Mixing of the album??

it looks though as if everything has been scheduled ahead of time...If everything goes to plan, id guess theyed hand the album in sometime within the next 13days?
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »

more cowbell
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »

"In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor ?- and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotiona'

I read this line, and im wondering if he means studio time? or perhaps watching over the Mixing of the album??

it looks though as if everything has been scheduled ahead of time...If everything goes to plan, id guess theyed hand the album in sometime within the next 13days?

If we go by the 2 letters from Axl and Merck it seems the additions are mainly Axl things. Who knows, it could be vocals, layers, production, mixing and what not. He said in Feb. that they had 6 more songs to finish up. I'm guessing that is still pretty much the case. The rest of the songs (26) seems to be all but ready. We know Better is mastered and ready to go.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:16:53 PM »

32 songs? It would seem perhaps that GNR will stay on tour for the next couple of years and release a new cd each one??
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

32 songs? It would seem perhaps that GNR will stay on tour for the next couple of years and release a new cd each one??

The plan is to record 3 albums of material and release them with touring in between. I'm guessing the Chinese Democracy Project is loosely scheduled to endure for 3-4 years with 3 world tours and 3 albums.

If that were to come into fruition.....oh my drool

What he plans to do after that is anyones guess, even him. Reunion tour seems possible.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 12:22:14 PM by polluxlm » Logged

madagas
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 12:30:04 PM »

What Axl plans to do between now and next week is anyone's guess. I am sure things have changed since he wrote the letter. Could change for the good, could change for the bad. Undecided The contract renegotiation is a HUGE deal and will give you an idea of what will come after Chinese. ok
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 12:32:30 PM by madagas » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »

What Axl plans to do between now and next week is anyone's guess. I am sure things have changed since he wrote the letter. Could change for the good, could change for the bad. Undecided The contract renegotiation is a HUGE deal and will give you an idea of what will come after Chinese. ok

well, the negotiation wont start until axl hands in the master..

well, if studio time is set. I doubt that will change
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 12:49:47 PM by guns_n_motley » Logged
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 12:50:05 PM »

as I already said I believe that master was handed beginning of December... they saw 3 weeks plan will not work and the letter came... minior additions could be credits, artwork changes etc. but I don't think they are going back to studio at this time. since all business industry is dead tlll Monday January 8th and 8 weeks is needed to the stuff right, they put out tenetive release date - March 6th.

just my thoughts!

velimir
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 12:54:35 PM »

as I already said I believe that master was handed beginning of December... they saw 3 weeks plan will not work and the letter came... minior additions could be credits, artwork changes etc. but I don't think they are going back to studio at this time. since all business industry is dead tlll Monday January 8th and 8 weeks is needed to the stuff right, they put out tenetive release date - March 6th.

just my thoughts!

velimir

Merck said the album still needed about 3 days of work until finished. That can only mean musical additions.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 01:06:42 PM »

just my thoughts!

velimir

Merck said the album still needed about 3 days of work until finished. That can only mean musical additions.

True, but Once again It could just be mixing, overwatching the mix etc. doesnt nececerally mean adding stuff to the album
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 01:32:07 PM »

Like I said in the Open letter discussion, maybe the reasons are really simple.

Maybe Frank played some drum section different than the version Brain did and the band feels better with it, maybe the changed intro to the song Chinese Democracy should be done again, maybe some solos from other songs should be mixed different. We don't know what exactly is happening, and that should be that way, I don't want to know when someone is going to the toilet or if a cup of coffee has fallen down. Those are meaningless "facts".

I want the CD in a store. And I want that every member of Guns N' Roses can say: "Yes, that was the best that we could have done." If they need 3 days or 3 months to get that album recorded again, mixed or engineered, yeah, give them the time that they deserve. They ain't doing the record for none of us, they were doing it for themselves, and when they come out of the studio with the last piece of work done on the album, then they were releasing it for US, but untill then it is THEIR album and they know what they have to do to make it complete.

We don't know what things have been handed over to the record company. I know some people will say: "But Mr. XY called the company and they told him that they don't have anything" or "Magazine XYZ wrote that the company does not have a clue". LOL Sure the company will tell a random guy what the situation is like. Yeah!!! And that bad news are selling ones is also clear.

Just relax and enjoy the future with GN'R. You will get more than you expect. yes
guns_n_motley
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »

Like I said in the Open letter discussion, maybe the reasons are really simple.

Maybe Frank played some drum section different than the version Brain did and the band feels better with it, maybe the changed intro to the song Chinese Democracy should be done again, maybe some solos from other songs should be mixed different. We don't know what exactly is happening, and that should be that way, I don't want to know when someone is going to the toilet or if a cup of coffee has fallen down. Those are meaningless "facts".

I want the CD in a store. And I want that every member of Guns N' Roses can say: "Yes, that was the best that we could have done." If they need 3 days or 3 months to get that album recorded again, mixed or engineered, yeah, give them the time that they deserve. They ain't doing the record for none of us, they were doing it for themselves, and when they come out of the studio with the last piece of work done on the album, then they were releasing it for US, but untill then it is THEIR album and they know what they have to do to make it complete.

We don't know what things have been handed over to the record company. I know some people will say: "But Mr. XY called the company and they told him that they don't have anything" or "Magazine XYZ wrote that the company does not have a clue". LOL Sure the company will tell a random guy what the situation is like. Yeah!!! And that bad news are selling ones is also clear.

Just relax and enjoy the future with GN'R. You will get more than you expect. yes

theyve been working on it for 7years plus. I think thats enough time...
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »

Code:
theyve been working on it for 7years plus. I think thats enough time...

I have to disagree.

I prefer having a 100% song and if some of the possibilities I mentioned in my post above make a 100% out of a 95% song, then it should be worth the wait. That's my point of view.

Btw, are you sure that they were working 7 seven years in a row? Maybe Buckethead's action forced them to go back to an earlier stage of work again.
Hujiko
Opening Act

from Madrid

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »

here we go again... hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 02:26:48 PM »

From what Merk's letter stated, I was under the assumption that Axl himself had some more work to do...retouching vocals, perhaps?  Then again, given that the project is Axl's baby in every respect, having "more work to do" could mean in any aspect of the album...
madagas
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 02:29:34 PM »

Hujiko, You have to chuckle at these comments-same shit different year. The only difference is Axl gave an exact "tentative" release date. Tentative being the key word in the document. It doesn't mean he will actually be able to meet his deadline-just like "fall 2006". Not one shred of evidence shows that the album is complete. Thus, in the end, no different than anytime before. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 02:35:05 PM by madagas » Logged
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »

[quote author=polluxlm link=topic=41746.. We know Better is mastered and ready to go.

Sorry but how do u know better is mastered and ready to go??

I wouldent think there would be too much.l.is hes played the CD to Baz..them that must have been so close to complete.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »

[quote author=polluxlm link=topic=41746.. We know Better is mastered and ready to go.

Sorry but how do u know better is mastered and ready to go??

I wouldent think there would be too much.l.is hes played the CD to Baz..them that must have been so close to complete.. peace

I'm guessing since they handed a copy to Harley Davidson. That clip was obviously not a demo.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »

Hujiko, You have to chuckle at these comments-same shit different year. The only difference is Axl gave an exact "tentative" release date. Tentative being the key word in the document. It doesn't mean he will actually be able to meet his deadline-just like "fall 2006". Not one shred of evidence shows that the album is complete. Thus, in the end, no different than anytime before. Roll Eyes

is it really? ive never really gotten my hopes up until this fall. but even that seemed dismal as November came.

Axlls NEVER given a date tentative or not. seems this time Like he wants to meet his deadline as he told us hell do anything he can to meet it. so Id say it is coming this time... Might not be March 6, but it sounds like axl plans to get it out? Huh
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 03:39:02 PM »

You know that on one of the new Smashing Pumpkins songs, there is a 7 guitar symphony. Maybe Axl is adding on and combining all the guitars together to create a sound that will kill the pumpkins?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: