Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What minor additions could axl mean?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What minor additions could axl mean?  (Read 7509 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »

You know that on one of the new Smashing Pumpkins songs, there is a 7 guitar symphony. Maybe Axl is adding on and combining all the guitars together to create a sound that will kill the pumpkins?

i think the guitars on the leaks already kill the pumpkins  yes
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 03:42:48 PM »

Probably pointless stuff like the way he changed The Blues. Keeping the guitar out until, "So now I stumble through my days" when in 2002 the guitar came in at the beginning of the song - i think the fact that he keeps making "minor" changes like that to every song are what constantly delay this album. He always hears one tiny little minor thing that he thinks isn't perfect.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 03:48:15 PM »

Probably pointless stuff like the way he changed The Blues. Keeping the guitar out until, "So now I stumble through my days" when in 2002 the guitar came in at the beginning of the song - i think the fact that he keeps making "minor" changes like that to every song are what constantly delay this album. He always hears one tiny little minor thing that he thinks isn't perfect.

this is slowly turning to beating another dead horse... pointless in your eyes only  Shocked

Quote from: Axl
In the end, it?s just an album, but it?s one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N? Roses album. Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration. We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we?ll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »

by minor additions i'm hoping he means just mixing, mastering and maybe like final artwork. But who knows i hope thats all done already beer

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 05:07:08 PM »

When I read Axl and Merchs (not on this site of course) letters I thought they needed a few more days in the studio, not necisarily just Axls parts
guns_n_motley
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 05:09:22 PM »

When I read Axl and Merchs (not on this site of course) letters I thought they needed a few more days in the studio, not necisarily just Axls parts

2-3days to be exact ok
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »

Like I said before - I do not consider it being nonsense or useless. If you would have the chance to make something better - would you make it? I would.
We do not know what is going on - so why don't we just stop accusing one single person for being responsible for a delay. Maybe Zildijan is not able to get Frank's drumkit the way he wants it, who knows. I am really annoyed by so much intolerance and gossip spreading all over the net.
If you are a real fan, you will accept the things the band and/or the members of the band tell you. Of course you should not take everything without thinking, but starting to analyse each and every word is simply stupid.
Just a word to the tiny little minor thing:
If you have written a song that maybe means more than anything else to you and you find an intro or a new rhythm part or whatever that expresses exactly what you wanted to have expressed by that - I bet you would have the wish to make it perfect. So without having a clue what is going on behind the scenes, we should stop moaning and bitching.

I hope that I am not the only one who is thinking this way.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 05:18:23 PM »

I hope to God they're not putting more actual music on, they've had 10+ years to do that, plus it means that certain musical aspects will just be sort of thrown together at the end.  However, i'm sure axl is way smarter than this... i defiently think it's artwork/promotional shit they're working on.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »

In the words of Michael Jackson of all people, "You are not alone."  (seriously, I agree with you)  You can't force or rush genius.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »

You know that on one of the new Smashing Pumpkins songs, there is a 7 guitar symphony. Maybe Axl is adding on and combining all the guitars together to create a sound that will kill the pumpkins?

i think the guitars on the leaks already kill the pumpkins? yes

BBF playin' the grinch theme kills the pumpkins...

anyway, additions, prolly frank and BBF maybe some other stuff ok
Shoeboy517
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 08:38:59 PM »

Probably just the lyrics. ok
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »

32 songs? It would seem perhaps that GNR will stay on tour for the next couple of years and release a new cd each one??

The plan is to record 3 albums of material and release them with touring in between. I'm guessing the Chinese Democracy Project is loosely scheduled to endure for 3-4 years with 3 world tours and 3 albums.

If that were to come into fruition.....oh my drool

What he plans to do after that is anyones guess, even him. Reunion tour seems possible.

i hope not and i doubt it. wouldn't be fair to the new band, if that were to happen i would want the current line-up to stay together as the true guns n' roses and the old members just fill in at a few shows for the fans to experience. but i much prefer the new band to the old. and besides, with slash' and duff's history of lying about axl i have very little respect for them and i would like to see the new line-up succeed without them and i believe that will happen in a major way.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:41:10 PM by 2007what! » Logged

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 10:44:21 PM »

yeah. that really made the song "better"...
not!
it's still the same old song it was 6 years ago. nothing better.
if he wants it to be november rain, then he needs to rewrite it completely, not just change a detail here and there....

anyhow...

it's always been one step forward, 2 steps back.

I still hope we havent heard the big guns yet, because, better, twat, IRS are not that ahead of madagascar, blues, cd, as I tought they'd be after the 2002 statement.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
guns_n_motley
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »

yeah. that really made the song "better"...
not!
it's still the same old song it was 6 years ago. nothing better.
if he wants it to be november rain, then he needs to rewrite it completely, not just change a detail here and there....

anyhow...

it's always been one step forward, 2 steps back.

I still hope we havent heard the big guns yet, because, better, twat, IRS are not that ahead of madagascar, blues, cd, as I tought they'd be after the 2002 statement.

the problem is your hyping up the cd to be something Mythical and ahead of expectations. thats the probelm with axl keep delaying it. it blows it out of proportions with the hype that he cant match. he needs to just get it out and move on.

Just look at it as a good rock record and you can look at it better hihi

I mean if you think of IRS as they took 10years to create this? youll be disapointed. but if you just look at it as a rock song. its a damn good rock song
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 03:15:52 AM »

I didn't even know there was a new Pumpkins CD out?  Who cares if GN'R tops them or not, they are NOBODYS now.  Don't get me wrong they were good in there day, but Chinese Democracy is on an entirely different level than ANY pumpkins CD.  I think he just means mixing/mastering as the minor changes IM HOPING!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2006, 04:02:06 AM »

It's pretty clear that the minor additions he's talking about in his letter are small parts to be recorded by Frank and Ron and some new liner notes.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 04:19:26 AM »

I don't understand how that is so clear? ?He doesn't mention anything about the new members or recording ANY material? ?So really we DON'T know what Axl is referring too. ?I recall a new article stating that he couldn't put time into his music because of all the lawsuits he had to face in the last 10 years. ?Maybe hes sorting the last of these lawsuits out, and then its time for the album and FULL promotion. ?Seems logical to me.
estranged27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 04:28:30 AM »

i think axl will deliver this time. minor additions maybe a few hooks hes just tryin to nail or a little section of a solo who knows? we'll get the album im not worried. as for what as been produced so far, i love all of it especially The Blues, IRS and Better. the album will go great guns
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 05:37:32 AM »

What Axl plans to do between now and next week is anyone's guess. I am sure things have changed since he wrote the letter. Could change for the good, could change for the bad. Undecided The contract renegotiation is a HUGE deal and will give you an idea of what will come after Chinese. ok
well, the negotiation wont start until axl hands in the master..

I'm curious, what makes you guys so sure that by contract negotiations Axl's referring to Geffen / the record deal?

edit: Nevermind, I've found an answer to that question.

Hujiko, You have to chuckle at these comments-same shit different year. The only difference is Axl gave an exact "tentative" release date. Tentative being the key word in the document. It doesn't mean he will actually be able to meet his deadline-just like "fall 2006". Not one shred of evidence shows that the album is complete.

The album is not complete that last we've heard. No-one's telling you different.

What makes this date significant is that now Axl must respond by March 6th one way or the other. The last time he took the time to mention the delays, he avoided mentioning any dates, he only 'hoped' to announce one within a 'few months'. We all know how that went, but he didn't have to say anything afterwards, as he had not promised jack shit on that department. Now he has a date and he's pretty much obligated to either deliver the album or step up saying; "Sorry, we didn't make it. Plan B goes like this..."

In any case, we'll know more on CD's status by or on March 6th. I don't know about you, but I'll gladly take it over any 13 Tuesdays crap they've been selling us for the past months (does anyone notice a resemblance to the RIR4 date note there?  hihi).

Quote from: Axl, RIR4 press release
Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Quote from: Axl, '06 letter
We do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:53:16 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »

We do not know what is going on - so why don't we just stop accusing one single person for being responsible for a delay. Maybe Zildijan is not able to get Frank's drumkit the way he wants it, who knows. I am really annoyed by so much intolerance and gossip spreading all over the net.
If you are a real fan, you will accept the things the band and/or the members of the band tell you. Of course you should not take everything without thinking, but starting to analyse each and every word is simply stupid.
Just a word to the tiny little minor thing:
If you have written a song that maybe means more than anything else to you and you find an intro or a new rhythm part or whatever that expresses exactly what you wanted to have expressed by that - I bet you would have the wish to make it perfect. So without having a clue what is going on behind the scenes, we should stop moaning and bitching.

I agree completely! It's their music, their art, after all. If they want to make it perfect, let's let them. I'm sure the end product will be that much better when we hear it that the wait won't matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: