Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 20th - Gibson Amphitheatre DISCUSSION THREAD
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 20th - Gibson Amphitheatre DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 8327 times)
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »

I'll be there.

Since I already saw (and enjoyed) Bach on Sunday, my plan is to get home from work, nap until 9:45 or so, drive up to LA (from Orange County), and by the time I get thru security it'll be around 11:20 or so. That's right. I'm beating Axl at his own waiting game!  ok

The last two nights they have played everything that's been done on the tour so far (RQ, Used To Love Her, Think About You, Down On The Farm, in addition to the regular set tunes). Tonight I'm guessing You're Crazy or something totally unexpected. I'm crossing my fingers.

Good luck to Axl and the band - for all the criticisms from fans/media and the unfortunate circumstances alluded to in the open letter, they've worked their asses off and had a great tour. For what it's worth, in the two shows I've seen this fall, they turned me from a cynical/doubting fan into a proud/optimistic fan again. This should be a fun night for everyone.  beer

Only question, not to be a downer, but I've checked Ticketmaster for all 3 shows since October and I've noticed that while night one was sold out (it was packed) and night two only had loge seats available, this particular show has had orchestra seats available almost the entire time. Anyone have any idea how many tickets have actually been sold? Also, anyone know the attendance figures for last night?

Hope everyone that's going has fun. I'll be the dude in 10th row center with the bald head who's buzzing off his 'herbal medicinal' baked goods...Perhaps Baz and Axl will join me, end of tour celebration and all...

Drive safe folks!  peace
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:48:38 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 01:13:19 PM »

Hope everyone that's going has fun. I'll be the dude in 10th row center with the bald head who's buzzing off his 'herbal medicinal' baked goods...Perhaps Baz and Axl will join me, end of tour celebration and all...

Drive safe folks! peace

haha good man! ok

hope you have fun!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 01:15:26 PM by Cotis » Logged
Bucketbrain
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:50:26 PM »

I need advice.  As far as sound quality is concerned, would it be better to be closer or further away from the stage?  I've been up close to GNR shows before where Axl's voice was drowned out or the sound was a bit muffled.  But after talking to people who were at the same show and further away, they said they had no trouble hearing.   
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 01:50:43 PM »

I need advice.? As far as sound quality is concerned, would it be better to be closer or further away from the stage?? I've been up close to GNR shows before where Axl's voice was drowned out or the sound was a bit muffled.? But after talking to people who were at the same show and further away, they said they had no trouble hearing.? ?

the best sound is/should be around mixer area... so somwhere middle/end of floor if I am correct
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »

I need advice.  As far as sound quality is concerned, would it be better to be closer or further away from the stage?  I've been up close to GNR shows before where Axl's voice was drowned out or the sound was a bit muffled.  But after talking to people who were at the same show and further away, they said they had no trouble hearing.   

the best sound is/should be around mixer area... so somwhere middle/end of floor if I am correct

Agreed. I was 2nd row stage left on Sunday and the vocals were definately muddy...that was just due to the volume and the speakers being right in my ears....so go for 10 rows back or so. It's a great venue, you're going to be happy with the sound either way. Even in the 2nd row it sounded way better than most arena shows I've been to.

Bucketbrain
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »

Sounds great guys!  There's some good seats available center stage but in the back.  I'm thinking about getting those.  Price is also an issue.  I wonder what the scalper situation is like.  Does anyone know about that? beer
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 02:11:57 PM »

I'm hoping for a setlist surprise...

*starts chant*
new song! new song! new song!

gnrevolution.com
EFISH
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »

I'm hoping for a setlist surprise...

*starts chant*
new song! new song! new song!
Ah, that would be beyond amazing.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 03:19:25 PM »

My guesses for any 'surprises' tonight-

- TWAT

-New Song..from the options list maybe?

- single announcement

-telling the casual GNR fans about the tentative CD release date.  There was a press release, but how many people saw it?  There are probably a good number of people that are going to the show tonight that know nothing about it, and this would be a pretty damn good surprise for them.

Or a combination of the above Smiley  I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and find out how the show went! Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

*starts sweating*? nervous

Dangit! Last night of the tour leg. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? Pending tonight's concert, the new GUNS N' ROSES have completed a US Tour leg! Not being facetious (okay, maybe JUSSST a bit). But, I really have to give it up to Axl and co. Perserverance in the collective assface of adversity.

*sweating intensifies*? nervous confused

After tonight, do you realize that the next time we hear about something will be THE CHINESE F**KING DEMOCRACY ALBUM???!??!? (I'm over 30, dammit, and we still call 'em albums!)

*sweating stops*
*confidence regained*

Okay, so I'll be a bit sad to see the concert updates go away for now. But I'll be even more excited for the next wave of news, fingers and toes crossed, in early March, if not before.

To everyone going tonight, enjoy and be safe!! To all others on the board, Jarmo and the Mods, a most happy holiday to you and yours.? ?ok

SH

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »

Yes, what a ride it's been...Best of luck to the band, Hope they put on a great show and I hope everyone enjoys it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Bucketbrain
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »

just got my ticket.  this is gonna kick so much ass.  thanks to those who answered my question earlier.   ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »

Everyone going to this have an awesome time!!! beer

I am going to try to stay up to read the updates!

I am so happy that GNR is back and completing a tour! beer
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »

just got my ticket.  this is gonna kick so much ass.  thanks to those who answered my question earlier.   ok

I bet you got damn good seats...Ticketmaster has this wonderful habit lately of releasing some of the best seats the day of the show. Have yourself a blast...if you want clearer sound, earplugs also sometimes help clean up the mix.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 07:16:31 PM »

After tonight, do you realize that the next time we hear about something will be THE CHINESE F**KING DEMOCRACY ALBUM???!??!? (I'm over 30, dammit, and we still call 'em albums!)

*sweating stops*
*confidence regained*

Okay, so I'll be a bit sad to see the concert updates go away for now. But I'll be even more excited for the next wave of news, fingers and toes crossed, in early March, if not before.

Here's a funny detail for all you folks. After tonights show, GNR's next appearance will be the new lineups 100th show (counting in the '02 VMA's, R. Dawson's bday and the acoustic gig in the Cuckoo Club). Yes, I'm what my friend calls 'anal retentive' (he alludes his father to be the same way, so I can't complain). I'm really hoping their first show en route to CD will now be in Dubai, since there's a damn good chance I might make it there to see them. My mom's been there a half a dozen times already and this fall, she complained she's running out of new faces to bring along. I told her about the possibility of the GNR concert and she said 'that's cool, let me know when'   smoking

But yeah, kudos to Axl and the boys for extensively touring Europe and North America this year. Despite the negatives, the fanbase has received a major adrenaline shot and all the bootlegs will keep us busy while waiting for the album to drop.

I only hope Izzy will be there again; A perfect way to end a good year.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:18:14 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
AppetiteForChinese
Opening Act

Now We All Know Better

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »

a new song or a 100% for sure release date could make this the most important show gnr has played in nearly 20 years

"there was a time, didn't wanna know it all, didn't wanna know it all,
and I don't wanna know it now"
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59:16 PM »

Unfortunately I don't think they will play any new unheard songs yet, not until the album is out anyway.

Of course I would love that and any other surprises, but i don't expect to hear a confirmed release date until next month.  Axl seems to announce official news via press releases these days.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
molested
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »

Here is Bumblefoot doing the Grinch theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYfPppe7TFQ
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 02:18:54 AM »

Thanks for that!

Bonus points for anyone who has a video of Live And Let Die - spill down the stairs and all  beer

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 02:33:36 AM »

Thanks for that!

Bonus points for anyone who has a video of Live And Let Die - spill down the stairs and all  beer

some guy filmed the show and we are trying to get donations to get this dvd and share it with the fans so if anyone wants to help bring this dvd out and for us to enjoy it then check out the Dec. 20 thread in the appetite for collection thread
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: