Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Fire this Weiland guy and call Izzy!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fire this Weiland guy and call Izzy!  (Read 11444 times)
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« on: December 25, 2006, 11:21:06 AM »

Slash and Duff and Matt should just fire this Weiland guy and this Kushner guy and give a call to Izzy.
They could play GN'R, VR, Duff, Izzy and Slash's songs plus the ones that they wrote/recorded together but never released.
Izzy and Duff could share lead vocals.
That would be a dream come true.
Rock n' Roll, baby
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 08:52:18 PM »

yeah a band without a front man...are you high?
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

yes hihi

not a bad idea

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 11:26:48 PM »

how about - NO.

I don't know why, but this idea is a bit silly.
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 12:47:34 AM »

I've thaught about this alot, duff and Izzy sing alot of the songs anyway

if they ever do this they should call the band:

"GUNS"

But for now i'm VERY happy with VR and i cant wait for the new CD

(Dave Kushner Rocks!!!)

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 05:02:52 AM »

A band with the Slash/Izzy/Duff combo with the latter two singing would be great for me.. not for the GN'R sound or whatever but because they'd deliver some awesome music. To bad the guys didn't take on Izzy's offer to go out and tour and release their cd.. Sure it probably wouldn't have lasted longer then 6 months before they'd move on onto other projects but atleast we'd have a great album Cool

Contraband dissapointed me big time.. and the new GN'R stuff doesn't do it for me either. Hopefully Libertad will be better to my taste Wink
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 05:06:24 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 11:50:06 AM »

I'll take VR just the way they are.. Scott is awesome.... I wouldn't mind maybe Izzy replacing Dave.. But Dave rocks too....

luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »

No JohnSDMF, I am not high.
Did you know that Izzy is a frontman of his own band?
Did you know that Duff has been a frontman of Loaded, Neurotic Outsiders and of his own band?
Did you know that you can play guitar and sing at the same time? And that you can be the frontman playing guitar?
Did you know that people actually do it?
Are you high?
How old are you?

how about - NO.

Yeah Robman?, if you don't like rock n' roll played by guys who wrote the best album ever, than you are right, this is a pretty silly idea.

A band with the Slash/Izzy/Duff combo with the latter two singing would be great (...) because they'd deliver some awesome music. To bad the guys didn't take on Izzy's offer to go out and tour and release their cd..

I think the same way!

Contraband disapointed me big time.. and the new GN'R stuff doesn't do it for me either. Hopefully Libertad will be better to my taste Wink

Same here!

I'll take VR just the way they are.. Scott is awesome.... I wouldn't mind maybe Izzy replacing Dave.. But Dave rocks too....

I think Scott can be good. But sometimes it looks like he is trying too hard to be a rock n' roll guy. I like the way he (and the band) sounds on "Come on, Come in". Hopefully VR goes in that direction...

Luciano
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 05:23:31 PM »

how about - NO.

Yeah Robman?, if you don't like rock n' roll played by guys who wrote the best album ever, than you are right, this is a pretty silly idea.

Luciano

after thinking about your idea, I have to say its a good one  ok

now all we have to do is convince the guys to get rid of Scott  hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »

I'm not a big VR fan, but I'd rather things stay the way they are.  There is *no way* the band you suggest could pull off any GnR song that Axl recorded without it being embarrassing.  "Dust 'n Bones," "14 years," etc. would be about it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »

No JohnSDMF, I am not high.
Did you know that Izzy is a frontman of his own band?
Did you know that Duff has been a frontman of Loaded, Neurotic Outsiders and of his own band?
Did you know that you can play guitar and sing at the same time? And that you can be the frontman playing guitar?
Did you know that people actually do it?
Are you high?
How old are you?

ahhh, and now for my reaction....
You must either be high or have no knowledge of the music business...
Did you know that Izzy's solo records have sold shit?
Did you know that Duff's solo records and projects have also sold shit?
Neither of them are frontmen...they are great at what they do, but neither are frontmen
DId you know? alot? of Velvet Revolvers fans are actually just Stone Temple Pilot fans? So with your way of thinking VR should just throw away half of their fan base...yeah thats brilliant. I am glad you are not their manager...
Yes I could have sworn I have heard of people playing guitar and singing at the same time...but that doesnt apply here, VR is an established act already who sold over 2 million copies of their first album in the U.S..If you fire Scott Weiland the second record wont sell a quarter of that.....The reason VR worked to begin with is because it blended together a successful late 80's band with an alternative style 90's band...The reason they were selling out shows before the record even came out was because they took advantage of 2 bands fanbases...To tell half your audience to fuck off(which is what firing Scott would do) would be beyond stupid...Look I gave you the option of saying you were high and blaming one of the dumbest topics ever on this board on drugs....I guess you are just an idiot....which is cool, because drugs are bad for you....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:43:09 PM by JohnSDMF » Logged
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 06:45:34 PM »

Neither of them are frontmen...they are great at what they do, but neither are frontmen
DId you know a alot  of Velvet Revolvers fans are actually just Stone Temple Pilot fans? So with your way of thinking VR should just throw away half of their fan base...yeah thats brilliant. I am glad you are not their manager...
Yes I could have sworn I have heard of people playing guitar and singing at the same time...but that doesnt apply here, VR is an established act already who sold over 2 million copies of their first album in the U.S..If you fire Scott Weiland the second record wont sell a quarter of that.....The reason VR worked to begin with is because it blended together a successful late 80's band with an alternative style 90's band...The reason they were selling out shows before the record even came out is because they took advantage of 2 bands fanbases...To tell half your audience to fuck off(which is what firing Scott would do) would be beyond stupid...Look I gave you the option of saying you were high and blaming one of the dumbest topics ever on this board on drugs....I guess you are just an idiot....which is cool, because drugs are bad for you....

Rock n' roll is not about business.
It is about music.
It is about doing what you love.

If you like GNR because it sells a lot, then I have no business talking to you.

I don't care if Izzy and Duff solo stuff didn't sell much. They are great! I love them all. Those guys are killer songwriters and that's all that matters.

I am talking about a dream band. It is not about pleasing the audience, it is not about this fanbase or that fanbase.

It is about writing, recording and performing great music. Making money and pleasing the audience is what 99% of the bands are about today. If you like it, good for you!

Oh, and thanks a lot for calling me an idiot! That was soooooo cool, it reminded me when I was 11 years old. Those were good days!

Luciano

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 02:34:19 AM »

DId you know a alot? of Velvet Revolvers fans are actually just Stone Temple Pilot fans? So with your way of thinking VR should just throw away half of their fan base...yeah thats brilliant. I am glad you are not their manager...
Yes I could have sworn I have heard of people playing guitar and singing at the same time...but that doesnt apply here, VR is an established act already who sold over 2 million copies of their first album in the U.S..If you fire Scott Weiland the second record wont sell a quarter of that.....The reason VR worked to begin with is because it blended together a successful late 80's band with an alternative style 90's band...The reason they were selling out shows before the record even came out is because they took advantage of 2 bands fanbases...To tell half your audience to fuck off(which is what firing Scott would do) would be beyond stupid...Look I gave you the option of saying you were high and blaming one of the dumbest topics ever on this board on drugs....I guess you are just an idiot....which is cool, because drugs are bad for you....

It is about music.

I don't care if Izzy and Duff solo stuff didn't sell much. They are great! I love them all. Those guys are killer songwriters and that's all that matters.

I am talking about a dream band. It is not about pleasing the audience, it is not about this fanbase or that fanbase.

It is about writing, recording and performing great music. Making money and pleasing the audience is what 99% of the bands are about today. If you like it, good for you!

Oh, and thanks a lot for calling me an idiot! That was soooooo cool, it reminded me when I was 11 years old. Those were good days!

Luciano

nice point.I can care less about album sales, I am with you on that....however it was not just about album sales,,I thought Scott Weiland(as much as I dislike him personally) and Dave Kushner brought an updated sound to the other guys..if you just replace them with Izzy it will just be Guns N Roses minus Axl...I liked the new dimension that Scott Weiland added....
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 03:52:02 AM »

A dream band would be Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy and AXL! Period!

"...It don't really matter..."
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 04:43:17 AM »

A dream band would be Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy and AXL! Period!

Yeah! Maybe they should just change the drummer and bring "that Steven Adler guy" back  ok

nice point.I can care less about album sales, I am with you on that....however it was not just about album sales,,I thought Scott Weiland(as much as I dislike him personally) and Dave Kushner brought an updated sound to the other guys..if you just replace them with Izzy it will just be Guns N Roses minus Axl...I liked the new dimension that Scott Weiland added....

Yeah, it is not about album sales, it is about music, I guess we can all agree on that.

Then again, I don't give a damn about having an "update sound". If I were looking for update stuff I wouldn't be in a Guns n' Roses forum. I am looking for great rock n' roll music and those guys can deliver it anytime they want it. What you call "Guns n' Roses minus Axl" is a totally different animal than "Guns n' Roses". A band can be good with a different kind of frontman. Just watch the "reunion" gig (when Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt played two songs - Jumpin' Jack Flash - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRcYHRDwHE0 and Mr. Brownstone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cQWNKD2718) on that Camp Freddy show and you will understand HOW different that band would be from Guns n' Roses. Just listen to how Izzy sings - he is not trying to emulate Axl or to sing like him, but, instead, he is singing the song in a whole different way - HIS way. And that sounds just great.

In a perfect world, Axl would be in that band. Oh, and "that Steven Adler guy" too...

Luciano
Downgoesfrazier
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 05:14:47 AM »

I love Velvet Revolver! Leave them just the way they are, even though I wouldn't be sad at all if Izzy were to replace Dave Kushner, but I don't see that happening anytime this century. I love Scott Weiland. He's an excellent frontman. I don't see anyone else fronting that band!
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 02:55:08 PM »

DId you know a alot? of Velvet Revolvers fans are actually just Stone Temple Pilot fans? So with your way of thinking VR should just throw away half of their fan base...yeah thats brilliant. I am glad you are not their manager...

It is about music.

Luciano

So your saying pleasing the audience isnt important? ooooook then

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 03:07:20 PM »

^ You know what he meant Wink

I can't see Izzy/Slash/Duff/drummer play GN'R songs without Axl, and if they'll ever get together and play again I'm sure they won't with maybe an exception for Brownstone or Used To Love Her etc.

But if they ever get together again I'd like to see them record and play original material. No point in doing the same old stuff over and over again. And they're all better musicians now then years ago. I love Izzy's solo stuff... over the years I've began to even like it a little more then the GN'R stuff. Izzy's my favorite type of music. But put him in a room with Slash and Duff you'd get incredible music too, no going wrong there. Cool It would be interesting to hear the Slash/Izzy combo and sound again after all these years.. damn I hope Izzy will release some of that stuff one day. Maybe Slash will when he'll release his all-guests solo album after VR, he recorded some stuff with Izzy for it too.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:09:27 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 03:27:30 PM »

Weiland aint that bad really
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 03:33:57 PM »

Weiland aint that bad really

thats true, but I guess what people are trying to say, is they'd prefer izzy and duff
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: