Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  So did you get a Guns n Roses christmas present
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So did you get a Guns n Roses christmas present  (Read 22223 times)
kanga
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »

Where did you all find stickers for your cars?!
Me want.? Tongue

I think my son got them at Spencer's.  I'll check with him and let you know.  They are pretty cool though, he also got me an AC/DC one.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »

From my youngest daughter:? Don't know if everyone knows what "Build a Bear" is but she made me "Slash" bear, will also post a photo later! From my husband:? Whiskey plaque, and bar glasses, and had front row seats to Vegas, but guess I'll just have to spend the money on something else, and I would have gladly given up the show for the album, so no I am not pissed, looking forward to March.
Big oops!!  I meant I had front row tickets to the Reno show not Vegas.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2006, 03:11:54 PM »

Out of all the years I have loved this band, not one person has gotten me anything GNR related for Christmas Angry  those bastards!!! 

Great stuff you guys got, enjoy beer

Although, I did notice GH2 being mentioned...I did get that yes

I just, FINALLY, yesterday, was able to rock SCOM, on Hard, at 5 stars. 

My fingers still hurt. Smiley

dude, so did I, its fun, but pretty hard...now I'm trying expert later today

the intro is harder to play on GHII than on a real guitar.

OH man, I can only do medium..I am working my way up to hard.   This is harder in general then GH1, I could atleast do some songs on hard on that.   I can't even think about expert no

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »

Where did you all find stickers for your cars?!
Me want.? Tongue

I think my son got them at Spencer's.? I'll check with him and let you know.? They are pretty cool though, he also got me an AC/DC one.

Thanks so much  peace

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2006, 08:35:28 AM »

Out of all the years I have loved this band, not one person has gotten me anything GNR related for Christmas Angry  those bastards!!! 

OH man, I can only do medium..I am working my way up to hard.   This is harder in general then GH1, I could atleast do some songs on hard on that.   I can't even think about expert no

I can't touch expert, either...even being able to work my way through 5 stars on hard songs.  It's just too freaking fast for me to keep up.

It's funny, though.  You play on hard, and then go back to medium (build up some cash), and it almost feels like you're playing in slo-mo.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2006, 08:38:47 AM »

got the calendar.  but like was said in an earlier post, bity disappointed it was only the old members of the band.  hopefully next year there'll be an official calendar with the new guys.  also my missus picked me up a 7" record with jumpin' jack flash on one side and heartbreak hotel on the other, along with a new copy of the greatest hits album because my first copy was scrathed to bits and didn't play right because i had played it so much

Don't Damn Me!!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2006, 01:00:03 PM »

Out of all the years I have loved this band, not one person has gotten me anything GNR related for Christmas Angry? those bastards!!!?

I just, FINALLY, yesterday, was able to rock SCOM, on Hard, at 5 stars.?

OH man, I can only do medium..I am working my way up to hard.? ?This is harder in general then GH1, I could atleast do some songs on hard on that.? ?I can't even think about expert no

I can't touch expert, either...even being able to work my way through 5 stars on hard songs.? It's just too freaking fast for me to keep up.

It's funny, though.? You play on hard, and then go back to medium (build up some cash), and it almost feels like you're playing in slo-mo.

Smiley
Hey !!  Hope I'm not butting in, but I am laughing right now about my own experience so far with GHII, first off I don't own the first one, secondly I am not into this type of shit at all, I was so uncoordinated in the beginning It was endless laughter, and just when I was giving up, I slowly started getting it.  Heart Shaped Box, was my biggest challenge for some reason in the begining, and am only just gonna move on to medium today, wish me luck, hee hee!!  P.S.  I don't like admitting this, but this is a very addicting.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2006, 04:14:17 PM »

It's a very addictive game. I mastered easy, but am struggling with medium. This game is harder to play the songs, than on a real guitar. The game doesn't seem to recognize sliding your fingers very well, which makes hitting multiple chords in a quick amount of time hard as hell. Real guitars don't have this problem.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2006, 04:25:43 PM »

I can't touch expert, either...even being able to work my way through 5 stars on hard songs.  It's just too freaking fast for me to keep up.

It's funny, though.  You play on hard, and then go back to medium (build up some cash), and it almost feels like you're playing in slo-mo.

Smiley

I know it.  Easy isn't even an option now, medium seems slow after hard but easy is like ludicrous slow. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »

It's a very addictive game. I mastered easy, but am struggling with medium. This game is harder to play the songs, than on a real guitar. The game doesn't seem to recognize sliding your fingers very well, which makes hitting multiple chords in a quick amount of time hard as hell. Real guitars don't have this problem.

Wow, thats the 1st I have ever heard this.  I don't know how to play real guitar so I wouldn't know.  I can get 4 stars regularly on most of the hard songs, 5 stars once in a while.  I can get 5 stars on scom regularly (because I play it so much, and it was the reason I got into the game).  I am not going to bother with expert.  Right now I am working on busting moves, as I got the wireless guitar for xmas.  Flying around and acting like an ass while playing is half the fun. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2006, 07:40:39 PM »

I almost have SCOM down on expert, I can play the intro perfect and the verses, but I screw it up at the choruses and parts of the solo.  Angry
amdelos
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2006, 08:13:47 PM »

I got a really cool painting!

Check it out

http://amdelos.bilddagboken.se/index.php?main=L3Avc2hvdy5odG1sP2lkPTIzMTE0NzU1JnQ9MTE2NzQzMzIwMSZjdXJyaW1nPTA=

badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »

Sweet painting...  ok

Annie
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2006, 09:00:36 PM »

I was at one of my favorite boutiques today, and the store owner gave me this beautiful GNR poster that he had laminated! He said that I was a bigger fan than him so he wanted me to have it! I was so touched! As I was walking down Clark Street, people were so jealous!
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2006, 07:16:27 AM »

No GnR gifts...

I used the record store vouchers I got to buy a Little Axe album, a Drive-By Truckers Live DVD and the Martin Scorcese Blues Documentary set.

However, the UYI2 guitar tab book I ordered from Amazon arrived a week before Christmas, so that was cool.  Smiley
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2006, 02:42:23 AM »

My brother got me a gnr air freshener for my car. and my friend got me a shirt. my best friend and I, for our christmas presents to each other, bought each other tickets to the oakland show.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2006, 09:45:26 AM »

My Grandma had a Gn'R hoodie custom made for me with "Guns N' Roses: World Tour 2006" on the front, and on the back it has a huge picture of Axl at the 2002 VMA's holding the really high note during Paradise City Grin
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 09:47:07 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2006, 09:52:14 AM »

I got a GnR t-shirt.  Its the one with the skull wearing the blue bandanna tied around its head, and the two guns.  For those of you that remember, we used to call it the GnR Flag design.  it was also on the back of (i believe axl's) leather jacket.

--Tommie

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2006, 11:23:26 AM »

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2006, 12:03:49 PM »

That's bloody awesome..! Shocked

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »