Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24909 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »

I guess with any luck, if Axl planned to have the parts re-done, the parts have already been re-done, so that we won't have to wait another 10 years for CD.  Roll Eyes

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

I don't think BH wants any association with GNR whatsoever, that's fairly evident. ?

I could care less if his parts stay at this point, I'd be fine with Robin doing every lead on the record.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2006, 08:56:05 PM »

Well - he didn't mention he played with GNR and we know he did - so the entry means nothing

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2006, 08:57:04 PM »

I don't think BH wants any association with GNR whatsoever, that's fairly evident. ?

I could care less if his parts stay at this point, I'd be fine with Robin doing every lead on the record.

I hope u are joking falcon.

Finck nervous nervous nervous every lead nervous nervous nervous nervous

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2006, 09:02:55 PM »

Finck has been great on the demos. His solo on TWAT is amazing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »

I don't think BH wants any association with GNR whatsoever, that's fairly evident. 

Finck has been great on the demos. His solo on TWAT is amazing.

Finck is a great lead player, so is Richard.   GNR will be fine  peace
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2006, 09:06:11 PM »

Nope, not joking. ?

I've always dug Robin, his involvement in GNR is what got me re-interested in the band. ?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »

I did think the 3 guitarist idea was a bad one and 2 lead players is also a bad idea in my opinion, so I think this will work out great for the band in the long run.

Im keepin an open mind with Robin and will reserve judgement till after the CD comes out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2006, 09:11:30 PM »

I did think the 3 guitarist idea was a bad one and 2 lead players is also a bad idea in my opinion, so I think this will work out great for the band in the long run.

Im keepin an open mind with Robin and will reserve judgement till after the CD comes out.

I quite liked having solos from all three players on the 2002 tour.   They each have their own styles and it just mixes things up nicely.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »

That would be the best thing if Buckethead's parts were replaced.  He's no longer in the band  and he's mediocre.   
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2006, 03:35:52 AM »

^^^ Agreed. Buckethead does not fit into Guns N' Roses and his playing consists of ''bloop'' over and over fast as he can. Finck has been excellent in the demos but he's sloppy live because he doesn't concentrate. So I hope Buckethead's parts are re-recorded because it will improve 'IRS' and 'Better' intensley.

There's not anymore that I can do...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2006, 03:40:30 AM »

well I think it's good if they are removed only if axl isn't getting a third fuitar player....

The news guys left aren't going to be playing the end or irs the way it was meant to be, and am sure there are other songs out there requiring the same talent... Remember axl couldn't play rio 3 without buckethead with a few months left to prepare for one show
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2006, 03:48:34 AM »

we don't really know why buckethead left gnr and why he doesn't want to be associated with gnr.
but i think his parts should stay on cd if we want the album to have a fresh sound.
many people don't like him because he makes use of the new tehnology, uses a lot of effects on his guitar playing, and gnr fans would rather have a classic guitar player like slash.
we'll see if buckethead is still on cd when it's out ok

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2006, 03:48:48 AM »

whitesnake recorded their 1987 album with john sykes on guitar, but he and coverdale parted ways before it was released.

so when the videos and touring began i think it was adrian vanderberg and later steve vai who played the parts.

sykes was credited in the the liner notes with song writing and guitar playing on the rcord.

there's no reason why this can't happen again, although if axl wants a replacement i hope he has done so already........

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2006, 03:53:04 AM »

Buckethead absolutely stole the show musically on IRS and TWAT.  Taking his solos out would hurt both of those songs tremendously.  One of the coolest moments on all the new songs is Axl's screaming "It's a crime you know it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!" with Buckethead's solo kicking in at the same time on IRS.  And his outro on TWAT is magnificent
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2006, 04:47:04 AM »

Buckethead absolutely stole the show musically on IRS and TWAT.? Taking his solos out would hurt both of those songs tremendously.? One of the coolest moments on all the new songs is Axl's screaming "It's a crime you know it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!" with Buckethead's solo kicking in at the same time on IRS.? And his outro on TWAT is magnificent

that's how I feel but why start off a new band with an album filled will killer solos that aren't going to be done by him? As much as I feel BH stole the vmas and did great work (saved irs) I feel if he's not in the band then why bother using his material ,why have the band shine without even being in it..? It's like you hear the solo in Cd and you know he's not playing because it's bad
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 04:53:01 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2006, 06:17:17 AM »

can i also say from a musicians point of view technicall finck is utter shite at the guitar and could never pull anything that was remotely hard that either buckethead or slash for that matter played.

this probably means axl need a new guitarist, because with what he has, if the solos were redone, they would be missing that "wow" factor.

not that i don't like fink, i do, but i see him as strictly rythmn he don't wanna make it cry or sing  Wink

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
shaun
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2006, 06:27:04 AM »

Buckethead maybe well be in the dark as to wheather his guirtar parts will stay intact on CD. If they do remain, then i guess he will had GnR to his site. If Buckethead is not on CD, then i will download the album and not buy it  Grin
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2006, 06:38:52 AM »

Buckethead absolutely stole the show musically on IRS and TWAT.? Taking his solos out would hurt both of those songs tremendously.? One of the coolest moments on all the new songs is Axl's screaming "It's a crime you know it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!" with Buckethead's solo kicking in at the same time on IRS.? And his outro on TWAT is magnificent

that's how I feel but why start off a new band with an album filled will killer solos that aren't going to be done by him? As much as I feel BH stole the vmas and did great work (saved irs) I feel if he's not in the band then why bother using his material ,why have the band shine without even being in it..? It's like you hear the solo in Cd and you know he's not playing because it's bad

Using BH's parts would be ridiculous since he left the band more than 2 years ago. If his parts are great, then everybody will miss him. If his parts are not that great, everybody will wonder why his work stayed on the album.

On the other hand, without BH, CD won't have any quality guitarist. I understand it's hard for Axl to decide...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2006, 06:47:02 AM »

Look - I really hope SOME of his stuff IS redone. Some of his licks are good, ie - that really fast, biting descending riff leading into the chorus on Better. But some is just terrible, ie - the fast, trademark Buckethead going nowhere main solo on Better, ehich is actually in a different key at one part, and just ruins the melody of the song. I really hope they take that shit off. And for me, this song highlights the strengths and weaknesses of Buckethead as a whole.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: