Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24998 times)
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2006, 06:51:04 AM »

(And another thing.....)

Anyone notice that Buckethead's best work is during Nightrain live and Paradise City at the VMAs?

The point I'm making is that he's not much of a songwriter, or much good at coming up with his own original melodies. Look at the recent GNR demos to see what I mean - his solos go nowhere. But when the melodies are already there to provide a skeleton or structure for him to do his wee fiddly solos round, it actually works fuckin good. see Nightrain - mindblowing solos.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2006, 06:58:58 AM »

This website has turned into a Buckethead fan club. ?" Buckethead rules " ? "Slash sucks" ?Axl better leave Buckethead guitars parts in ?or else the album will suck" ? " Buckethead is the greatest guitarist ever" Buckethead is God" ?Buckethead invented music" ? ? This place is becoming a joke. ?get this through your head ?Buckethead didn't write any of these new songs ?NONE!! ? . ? All he does is noodle ?on solos that aren't supposed to have it. ?And when he tries to play a melodic soulful solo ?it sucks . Many of you are saying that the other guitarists can't play BH solos. ?Why would they want to??? ?This is a Rock n' Roll band ? not a circus. ? Real guitarists don't hold puppets and wear masks while singing along to ODB.
Jonathan
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2006, 07:06:51 AM »

This website has turned into a Buckethead fan club. ?" Buckethead rules " ? "Slash sucks" ?Axl better leave Buckethead guitars parts in ?or else the album will suck" ? " Buckethead is the greatest guitarist ever" Buckethead is God" ?Buckethead invented music" ? ? This place is becoming a joke. ?get this through your head ?Buckethead didn't write any of these new songs ?NONE!! ? . ? All he does is noodle ?on solos that aren't supposed to have it. ?And when he tries to play a melodic soulful solo ?it sucks . Many of you are saying that the other guitarists can't play BH solos. ?Why would they want to??? ?This is a Rock n' Roll band ? not a circus. ? Real guitarists don't hold puppets and wear masks while singing along to ODB.

You are saying the same thing over and over again, if you don't like it here, then go.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2006, 07:09:36 AM »

Let's be serious, I promize you not to bash Buckethead here, but just to speack about THE MUSIC.

So do you think there's just Buckethead who can play fast? Do you think it's that difficult to play fast? Have you ever played guitar? There are tons of guitar players (and amateurs ones) who play fast as hell. The real genius is in the feeling, the melody, the songwriting. None of the greatest guitar solo and mesmorizing ones are fast: Stairway to heaven Hey Joe, Sweet Child Of Mine, Hotel California Bohemian Rhapsody or guitar players like, Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, Santana, Page, Slash etc... it's all about the feeling, the melody, the vibe, that's where the real genious is.

Do you really think only Buckethead is able to play fast in this new band? ok, Listen to that Richard Fortus outro on the Blues (Toronto'02), and now tell me that guy can't play fast as hell too---> http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q4ZEC9GPP8WI2P55CAA9P2EFJ

He can. And I'm sure Robin can too. Do you think The Buckethead's solo are that difficult to play on "Better" or "There was a time"? Anything of Jazz is way more difficult to play. I think you are way too impressed by things that are not that impressive when you really practize music.

Fortus and Finck can do the job. I think A LOT of people on this board will be really surprised when they will hear Fortus taking the lead and doing crazy guitar solos. Who do you think this guy is? Do you think Axl chose to take him in the band if he wasn't a killer guitar player? Dudes, he is. and he can play fast as hell too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 07:14:49 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2006, 07:13:32 AM »

I'm curious... was any of Izzy's stuff left on the Illusions?  He left the band before they were released.  If Izzy's stuff is there, then I can't see why Axl would insist that Bucket's parts be re-done (unless they already have been).

GNRevolution... the missing link.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2006, 07:16:47 AM »

hey swingtrader,

i have no allegiance to any guitarist, but i favour slash as he is more to my taste. the things you say about bh could have been said in 1986/7/8 about slash. i.e whats with the top hat, this is supposed to be rock?Huh is that the mark of a "real guitarist"?

the fact remains, no one in gnr right now can play the bh solos, they just cant. no one is technically profficient (sp?) enough to do it.

i agree that bh didn't write any of the songs, although i don't think it is all axl either.

i think what probably happened is axl "borrrowed" some of the music at times from the collaborations he had
with the other people he jammed with brian may, wylde etc. this isn't a bad thing, he probably heard them play it and had an idea in his head of a twist or change to it.

axl is a talented guy, but i don't think everything is done by him....

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2006, 07:18:22 AM »

izzys stuff was on illusions yes.

i also thought that izzy properly left afetr a few shows of the illusions tour and therefore afetr the cd's were out?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2006, 07:23:29 AM »

I'm curious... was any of Izzy's stuff left on the Illusions?? He left the band before they were released.? If Izzy's stuff is there, then I can't see why Axl would insist that Bucket's parts be re-done (unless they already have been).

Izzy left after the UYIs came out. Not 2 years before.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2006, 07:27:19 AM »

izzys stuff was on illusions yes.

i also thought that izzy properly left afetr a few shows of the illusions tour and therefore afetr the cd's were out?

Ah you're right on that one... Illusions came out in September, Izzy left in November. ?ok

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2006, 07:39:06 AM »

Ole Mr.Buckethead ... never would I had thought another guitarist could leave GNR and cause almost as much conversation (good and bad) as our dearly beloved Slash!!

Guess that in itself says alot about Bucket right there and how he creates a love or hate relationship with gunners be it through his actual playing or for most gunners through vanity reasons because of his costume.

Why arent there new Paul Tobias threads daily?!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »

saul? that is a crazy statement, only we the message board fans care that BH is gone since we could see the potential and know what could have been.. We know his parts on those leaks were very interesting so we assume to say Cd will be the same, but will suck if his parts are out... But in relation to slash leaving gnr that was global, gnr loosing slash to many is like any great band loosing their top well known guitar player.. Not trying to down play BH but his mark in the gnr world is so small there's not even a comparison
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:07:38 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2006, 07:45:38 AM »

Because Paul Tobias is boring..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2006, 08:10:51 AM »

Let's be serious, I promize you not to bash Buckethead here, but just to speack about THE MUSIC.

So do you think there's just Buckethead who can play fast? Do you think it's that difficult to play fast? Have you ever played guitar? There are tons of guitar players (and amateurs ones) who play fast as hell. The real genius is in the feeling, the melody, the songwriting. None of the greatest guitar solo and mesmorizing ones are fast: Stairway to heaven Hey Joe, Sweet Child Of Mine, Hotel California Bohemian Rhapsody or guitar players like, Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, Santana, Page, Slash etc... it's all about the feeling, the melody, the vibe, that's where the real genious is.

Do you really think only Buckethead is able to play fast in this new band? ok, Listen to that Richard Fortus outro on the Blues (Toronto'02), and now tell me that guy can't play fast as hell too---> http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q4ZEC9GPP8WI2P55CAA9P2EFJ

He can. And I'm sure Robin can too. Do you think The Buckethead's solo are that difficult to play on "Better" or "There was a time"? Anything of Jazz is way more difficult to play. I think you are way too impressed by things that are not that impressive when you really practize music.

Fortus and Finck can do the job. I think A LOT of people on this board will be really surprised when they will hear Fortus taking the lead and doing crazy guitar solos. Who do you think this guy is? Do you think Axl chose to take him in the band if he wasn't a killer guitar player? Dudes, he is. and he can play fast as hell too.

The only part that I disagree with you is that the Better BH solo is the best thing they could put there... I can't imagine something to replace that amazing machine gun effect...
Although, on TWAT I don't think we have Buckethead there... The guitar style sounds like Fortus on the middle solo and Robin on the outro.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2006, 08:13:17 AM »

"16) What bands or artists has Buckethead recorded/performed with?

This ever increasing list includes Deli Creeps, Henry Kaiser, Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Praxis, Jonas Hellborg, Michael Shrieve, MCM and the Monster, Tony Williams (w/ Arcana), Giant Robot, Giant Robot 2, Primus, Zillatron, Painkiller, John Zorn, Company Week '91, Anton Fier, Julian Schnabel, Insvisibl Skratch Piklz, Michael Kamen, George S. Clinton, Pieces (Buckethead and Brain), Cobra Strike, Viggo Mortensen, El Stew, Ben Wa, Mike Keneally, Iggy Pop, Banyan, phonosychographDISK, DJ QBERT, William Ackerman, Jon Hassell and Bluescreen... There are several discographies available at Bucketheadland.com"

maybe 15 dates on a defunked tour doesn't count Huh?
I haven't gone in search of the demos (not interested in demos) but I don't believe that was any sort of official release either so, technically...maybe that doesn't count when your in the coop hihi
For me, I'm going to have to flip a coin when this CD drops and BH isn't on it...as much as I like Tommy Stinson...I don't know...have to wait and see
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »

"16) What bands or artists has Buckethead recorded/performed with?

This ever increasing list includes Deli Creeps, Henry Kaiser, Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Praxis, Jonas Hellborg, Michael Shrieve, MCM and the Monster, Tony Williams (w/ Arcana), Giant Robot, Giant Robot 2, Primus, Zillatron, Painkiller, John Zorn, Company Week '91, Anton Fier, Julian Schnabel, Insvisibl Skratch Piklz, Michael Kamen, George S. Clinton, Pieces (Buckethead and Brain), Cobra Strike, Viggo Mortensen, El Stew, Ben Wa, Mike Keneally, Iggy Pop, Banyan, phonosychographDISK, DJ QBERT, William Ackerman, Jon Hassell and Bluescreen... There are several discographies available at Bucketheadland.com"

maybe 15 dates on a defunked tour doesn't count  Huh
I haven't gone in search of the demos (not interested in demos) but I don't believe that was any sort of official release either so, technically...maybe that doesn't count when your in the coop hihi
For me, I'm going to have to flip a coin when this CD drops and BH isn't on it...as much as I like Tommy Stinson...I don't know...have to wait and see

Are you saying your not interested in the demos because you want to wait for the cd, or you just dont generally care about the new songs? Cause if you're waiting for the record, I give you credit for waiting, but if you just dont care then you should really check them out cause they are really good.
shaun
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »

Because Paul Tobias is boring..

when i got to see the new GnR back in 2002 Tobias was on stage (i think it was him) and he was putting a lot of effort it, although i could not work out what sound he was making. When Buckethead was playing i could tell, when Robin was playing i could tell, when Tobias was playing i wasn't hearing much.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2006, 10:56:20 AM »

"Are you saying your not interested in the demos because you want to wait for the cd, or you just dont generally care about the new songs?"

A -- waiting for some official release...(CD)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2006, 10:59:17 AM »

saul  that is a crazy statement, only we the message board fans care that BH is gone since we could see the potential and know what could have been.. We know his parts on those leaks were very interesting so we assume to say Cd will be the same, but will suck if his parts are out... But in relation to slash leaving gnr that was global, gnr loosing slash to many is like any great band loosing their top well known guitar player.. Not trying to down play BH but his mark in the gnr world is so small there's not even a comparison

I didnt mention anything outside of the online fanbase .. infact thats exactly what I was talking about!  peace

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2006, 11:42:19 AM »

I'm curious... was any of Izzy's stuff left on the Illusions?? He left the band before they were released.? If Izzy's stuff is there, then I can't see why Axl would insist that Bucket's parts be re-done (unless they already have been).

Izzy left after the UYIs came out. Not 2 years before.
Info from GnRonTour.com

08.31.91 - Wembley Stadium, London, England
opening acts: Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, 14 Years, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Paradise City
attendance: 76,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video
notes: Izzy's last show as a band member. Footage of 'Live And Let Die' is used on the '91 MTV Video Music Awards show. Axl dedicates DTJ to Kerrang Magazine. Before YCBM, Axl rhymes, "It ain't no crime to bounce a dime, buy our new single You Could Be Mine." Axl thanks the crowd for helping make the Paradise City video 3 years before at Donington.

12.05.91 -- Worcester Centrum Centre, Worcester, MA
opening act: Soundgarden
set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Bad Obsession, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, So Fine, It's So Easy, Move To The City, Don't Cry, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, Rocket Queen [w/ It Tastes Good, Don't It?], Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door
encore 1: Estranged
encore 2: Mother [Intro] / Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: This is the first show since the release of Use Your Illusion. It's also Gilby Clarke's first show with the band. Axl says that the 'Live And Let Die' video will be premiering next Sunday. The first live performances of 'Attitude,' 'So Fine' & 'Wild Horses.' Slash introduces 'Move To The City' as "It's So? not, I screwed up already, ok this is Move To The City!" 'Pretty Tied Up' is started after the 'Godfather Theme' but is stopped. During 'Rocket Queen,' Axl says he smells some marijuana. Slash says he doesn't like to discriminate against any particular city's rock n' roll crowd "but you guys kick some fuckin' ass!"
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »

The only way they wouldn't use Bucketheads parts on the album is if it really is true that Slash is back in the band. Only then would the lead guitar be re-recorded (by Slash).

...but lets face it. This is not likely.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: