Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24916 times)
RichardNixon
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:52:14 AM »

What do you think? If the music was recored four years ago? How easily would it be to re-do the parts? They haven't gotten a replacement, so....

Mysteron???
McDuff
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:04:07 AM »

I think that they would re-record Bucket's parts on the album,I mean who would want a former band member's guitar parts on a new album,but what the hell do I know,I'm just a crazy fan like everyone else here beer
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:24:35 AM »

Tommy said the music essentially done 4 years ago. The latest sessions were just tinkering apparently(Tommy mentioned that he went in some interlude filling) so I guese Bucket is still on the album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 01:59:05 AM »

something tells me that they are removing bucket's parts...i read somewhere a few weeks ago that tobias or somebody was back in the studio, as well as fortus or finck...probably to re-record bucket's parts or something....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:03:20 AM »

Did brain say in dec of 2006 that some songs BH wrote will be on the album. I  think he will stay esp if he wrote some of the music for the song. If still gets royalties even if his parts are rerecorded.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 03:22:20 AM »

Did brain say in dec of 2006 that some songs BH wrote will be on the album. I? think he will stay esp if he wrote some of the music for the song. If still gets royalties even if his parts are rerecorded.

Are you really Michael J. Fox Dave? Can you give us the year in review for music?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 04:43:07 AM »

Did brain say in dec of 2006 that some songs BH wrote will be on the album. I? think he will stay esp if he wrote some of the music for the song. If still gets royalties even if his parts are rerecorded.
Yeah, I remember when he said that. Its only logical that BH would be on at least certain songs on the album. Hopefully him and Axl came to some sort of an agreement before his departure.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:59:08 AM »

Yeah, I remember when he said that. Its only logical that BH would be on at least certain songs on the album. Hopefully him and Axl came to some sort of an agreement before his departure.

well  if i remember correctly brain didn`t know anything and just guessed.... are you talkin about the sp1at interview (i think it was sp1at) sp1at told him that there`d be 5 rockers on the record according to the ross halfin statement and suggested four ones (chidem, IRS, etc....) and then brain was like: "yeah i`m not sure. the fifth one could be one of the rockers bucket wrote."     so i don`t think what brain said was realy credible....

after hearing that there are only 32 songs i think it`s possible that they scrapped the songs that bucket mainly wrote.... and the solos and stuff he recorded for other ones will stay on the album.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 09:39:39 AM »

I'm not exited to hear Buckethead on a GN'R album. Really, I'm not. Richard and Robin write much better solos, more melodic and with more feeling (and more bluesy!).

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 09:56:49 AM »

I'm not exited to hear Buckethead on a GN'R album.
Thats a shocking statement coming from you. hihi

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 10:03:26 AM »

Richard and Robin write much better solos, more melodic and with more feeling (and more bluesy!).

Right.  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 11:28:53 AM »

rant I can't stand shit head!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 11:36:22 AM »

I want to hear Buckethead on the album, but I doubt we will.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »

I want to hear BH on the albums and I think the odds are short.

Some of Richard mails sorta suggested it. Whether things changed since then or not,
We haven't heard otherwise from the members yet.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 12:42:48 PM »

Unless they got Yngwie or Paul Gilbert, the parts will be on there because certainly nobody in this band can do the Bucket justice.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 12:52:39 PM »

Unless they got Yngwie or Paul Gilbert, the parts will be on there because certainly nobody in this band can do the Bucket justice.
Yngwie? Gimme a break! Axl called Buckethead because of the bizarre sounds, not only because he was super-fast shredder.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

buckethead has a unique sound,so to get rid of his parts would almost change the whole sound of what CD used to sound like.if they have got rid of his parts then it would take a lot of work to re record some stuff nomatter how good robin n richie are.but i cant see axl keeping the parts if buckethead is no longer with GNR.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

I dont care one way or the other, im just happy he left and so it seems the rest of the band aswell.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 06:56:34 PM »

My question is how can they not be there.. I don't think axl could do what he planned without him..
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 08:37:08 PM »

What do you think? If the music was recored four years ago? How easily would it be to re-do the parts? They haven't gotten a replacement, so....

Mysteron???

Wow, I cant believe this question costed a million dollars.  You must be very rich.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: