Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ask a question to the person below you
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 360 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ask a question to the person below you  (Read 557834 times)
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2007, 06:06:30 AM »

very diverse taste, everything from old school hiphop to bob dylan to the sex pistols.

ac/dc or zeppelin?

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2007, 06:10:58 AM »

ac/dc but led zep iv album is a corker

kohd - by bob dylan or gn'r?

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2007, 06:13:56 AM »

good question.

as much of a bob dylan fan as i am, i'd have to say KOHD is one of the songs other artists do better than him, so i'll have to go with GN'R - brilliant version.

favorite GN'R song? (tough one, i know) smoking

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2007, 06:30:37 AM »

welcome to the jungle.  always has been really.  the 1st gn'r song i ever heard and it got me hooked.

you?

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2007, 06:31:55 AM »

hard to choose, but probably nightrain or rocket queen.

what do you prefer to drink?

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2007, 06:33:58 AM »

don't drink alcohol so i would have to say coca cola.

if you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »

for my dreams and hopes in life to come true, for my family to live in happiness and for my and theirs health to stay good.

what about you?

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2007, 06:54:58 AM »

excellent reply and i would more than likely go the same way myself with those.

didn't ask, but what is your favourite drink?

p.s gotta go now and do some work.  laters!!

Don't Damn Me!!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2007, 07:21:31 AM »

Favourite drink?  It seems to be cranberry juice at the moment.  I also like water, wine and tequila slammers.

Where did all the philosophical threads go?
aimz
« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:07 AM »

they died of bordom hihi

do you think its right that queen have replaced the almighty freddie mercury with some other dude...and have gone on tour?
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2007, 08:21:28 AM »

tough question because paul rogers has a great voice.  obviously a lot different from freddie but still great. (not much of an answer but all i have i'm afraid).

favourite live performance you have heard or seen by any band?

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »

guns n' roses at the roskilde festival this summer.

do you play any instruments?

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2007, 08:26:59 AM »

play guitar.  not too badly.  used to have a gibson les paul, but when i ended up out of work for a while had to sell it for the cash.  was my pride and joy.  now i just have a cheap bog standard thing i doss about on.

same question back

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2007, 08:36:09 AM »

not really no but i do sing in a band and write lyrics.

have you played in band and if not, would you like to?

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:25 AM »

used to.  played a few little pubs round here a good few years back.  don't know if i would do it again though.  wife and 3 kids prevent me doing all that sort of stuff really.

so what sort of music do your band play and can we listen anywhere?

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

well it's what i would describe as melodious hardcore punk, i set out to be a singer for more of a normal punk or rock band lol but i had the oppertunity to join this band and we make it work, mostly play at the local clubs (more like youth houses so to speak). and no we don't really have anything online we have made a demo though which i can rip off of the cd and put it in the "nice boys" section if you're interested.

for how long have you been a fan of GN'R?

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »

been a fan of gn'r since "appetite........" was released all them years ago and am still the biggest fan where i live now, 20 or so years later.? i bought appetite on the 1st day it was released and still have the vinyl now and play it plenty.? still in good nick, original rape scene cover etc.? has been well well looked after.? saw them in donnington in '88 and then never saw them again until july '06 and axl still sounds as good now as then.? 18 years was quite a wait but well worth it.? anyway, there you go.? been a fan since the start.

how did you get to become a gn'r fan?

p.s, yep if you wanna pop something in the nice boys section, that'll be great and i'll have a listen.  cheers

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »

wow man that's really impressive! would kill to have that original vinyl! well, i got appetite on cassette, just like the other gnr records, i bought them all after begging my mom for money in like 1990/91, when i was 7 years old. i heard don't cry and november rain soon after their release on MTV and i was just sold right there, soon started putting on GN'R at my class mates house and birthday parties and proudly spread the word about them (keep in mind that we were 7 and a lot had not developed a musical taste yet so i'm proud to have gotten them into GN'R). and i've been a fan ever since! kept listening to the records, along with other bands like green day, and finally bought the gn'r cd's as late as in 1998 (the cassettes were long worn out), then in '99 when i got access to the internet i started reading daily at this site and other sites, watching this new band grow from the start, ever since the only news around was that axl didn't turn up in court after his airport arrest in '98, then i heard the snippet of oh my god on the internet and bought the end of days record once it hit stores, paid close attention daily until the first shows in january 2001, watched rock in rio online live and soon got the dvd. and been patiently waiting to finally see them live, as i was too young in the early 90's, and finally my dream came true twice this summer, and it rocked! better than i could have ever imagined, best two nights of my life. smoking so that's the story lol.

anyway, i apologize if anyone fell asleep reading that story! so what is your work? what do you with your life besides having a family?

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2007, 09:02:49 AM »

fantastic stuff.  and getting people in to gn'r so young.......................awesome!!!

to answer your question.  i am a planner with the local city council here.  people want to build them come to me and others for permission.  can get a bit boring but most of the time there is quite a variety of buildings and developments we have to make decisions on.  i am also at the moment doing a football/soccer coaching course with our local football team (not a big team, very lower leagues), so hopefully gonna get in to that at some stage in the future as well.

what about yourself?

Don't Damn Me!!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2007, 09:12:12 AM »

that sounds like decent work though, variety is important to keep your spirit up in what you do, no matter what it is.

well right now i'm applying for jobs as i quit my last job (the pay sucked and i had to do the work of two people basically since they had too few people working there, to save money, was at a supermarket storage thing), and i got plans to start an education in august, possibly as a teacher, as i love to teach and talk about what interests me. plus i couldn't handle just sitting at an office eight hours a day, at least as a teacher you get to work with people all the time. so we'll see what happens with that, and i want to combine that with making more music with my band and hopefully getting a record out at some point so i guess i will be quite busy in the coming months, but i see that as a good thing, i'm sick of having nothing to do. i have to do what i want with my life while i'm still young. so how old are your kids and have you been married for long?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 360 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: