Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  songs on cd sound ahead of their tme even though some are years old..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: songs on cd sound ahead of their tme even though some are years old..  (Read 2505 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »

I was listening to live madagascar from rock in rio 3.. and even though that stuff was 4 years old, I dont hear ANYTHING on the radio like the leaks from CD. its still ahead of its time really..

thoughts?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:54:26 AM »

The music industry and the music itself has changed since Guns were near the top.  They have evolved their sound, but it is still far different from most of what we hear today.  Hopefully the public responds positively.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 11:03:41 AM »

as you said you listened to madagascar from rock in rio 3....

wait for studio versions. THOSE will sound way ahead of time.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 12:32:40 PM »

Madagascar has always had a Zeppelin-Type feel to it. I think the fact that they played it at the VMA's back in 02' shows you that they felt confident that it could have been a strong single. I agree with the last guy that the studio version of this song is gonna be very good and yes - ahead of it's time
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 11:37:12 PM »

All of the songs on CD are sooooooooooooooooo far ahead of anything in current music today based on the leaks and what GNR have played live. It doesn't matter if some of these songs were written 8-9 years ago they still sound so fresh......CD is going to be mind blowing

There's a lot goin on here.....
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 12:02:16 AM »

as you said you listened to madagascar from rock in rio 3....

wait for studio versions. THOSE will sound way ahead of time.

definitely, thats the big thing, we haven't heard ANYTHING yet
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 12:24:59 AM »

reminds me of pink floyd....i still listen to some of that stuff today and wonder how the hell they came up with that music so many years ago.
SADIS
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 04:26:30 AM »

I don't think they are ahead of its time.

It's defenitly different but so is Radiohead's music and they don't get played on the radio. Guns was never a music inventor nor will they ever be. They make amazing music, but just not ahead of its time. They lean too much on the past for that.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 05:13:27 AM »

Im not sure if its ahead but its awesome and what will help these songs and guns is that Many people who dont follow guns on the net wouldent have heard them befor..and wont know how old they really are..People will love em and it will help get many new fans.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 08:10:17 AM »

Yeah, Ihave no doubt the songs will be amazing.  My only concern is about the production.  The songs gave been tinkered with for so many years, I really hope CD is not over-produced.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 08:20:13 AM »

Well what do you mean by over produced?

Lots of people bandy that term around, I'm yet to hear exactly what it means.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 08:28:21 AM »

i think what people mean by "overproduced" can be different things, like that they think that they have in the studio maybe mixed with axl's voice and made other "impossible" sounds that you can't play/sing live and maybe have done it too perfect that it's gonna sound wrong, like it's too much i can't really explain it but then again i'm not one of those guys who think that they (gn'r) "overproduce"
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 09:03:33 AM »

I don't understand how you got from "I dont hear ANYTHING on the radio like the leaks from CD" to "its still ahead of its time really." Did you get lost on the way?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »

To me, the leaks and the CD tracks sound like GnR, but *relevant* GnR.   Music that is unquestionably Axl & Co., yet has an urgency, passion, and relevacy that many bands are unable to capture on one album, let alone album after album.  Rather than remain stagnant or formulaic, Axl has put an insane amount of work into ensuring that GnR remains a dynamic and relevant force in rock and roll, something music desperately needs right now...
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »

songs on cd sound ahead of their tme even though some are years old..

i think they sound timeless.

Guns always sounded that way... that's what set them apart from the rest.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 03:21:48 PM »

i think what people mean by "overproduced" can be different things, like that they think that they have in the studio maybe mixed with axl's voice and made other "impossible" sounds that you can't play/sing live and maybe have done it too perfect that it's gonna sound wrong, like it's too much i can't really explain it but then again i'm not one of those guys who think that they (gn'r) "overproduce"

I think overproduction means to slick sounding...like Bon Jovi and Nickelback are overproduced...it sounds like something that was slickly wrapped up. I kind of feel certain parts of the Illusion albums....especially the drums were  overproduced...it took away from some of the songs. Where a rocker from AFD like Its So Easy, just felt alive and fast and fresh...YCBM, which i do love, sounds a little bit more restrained

Pink FLoyd stuff is so well done, becuase of all the synths and complicated parts and ideas....it still comes off as "alive" it doesnt sound like its a studio only product

As far as ahead of the time, I wouldnt say that any thing we have heard is ahead of its time...fresh, good rock songs is what they are...and that is what the world desperately needs!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »

I was listening to live madagascar from rock in rio 3.. and even though that stuff was 4 years old, I dont hear ANYTHING on the radio like the leaks from CD. its still ahead of its time really..

thoughts?

I don't know.

Maddy does sound kind of late 90's to me for some reason. Not that it's not an amazing song, same with Better. The other seem to be throwbacks to the UYI-era Guns.

I really think Catcher In The Rye is what sounds ahead of it's time, considering what we've heard was a 1999 demo. Knowing it's that mind blowing and different, yet is seven years old now, really says something.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 07:24:59 PM »

I dont think the new songs are ahead, they kinda gone back to when rock bands could write good ballads and produce great rock songs, then theyve taken that music and modernized it.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »

I dont think the new songs are ahead, they kinda gone back to when rock bands could write good ballads and produce great rock songs, then theyve taken that music and modernized it.

Thats how I feel.

gnrevolution.com
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 09:46:39 PM »

It's not ahead of its time.  It is just that other bands never caught up.  Rock music made a wrong turn somewhere in the last decade and now the current bands can't get back on the right track.  Hopefully CD will help fix that problem.  There are some "good" bands out there now but none that can be labeled as rock legends.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: