Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Transformers Trailer
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transformers Trailer  (Read 9410 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 10:15:29 AM »

Interesting that you like the cartoon movie so much, i found it disappointing once prime dies.  its still a good movie, but it would have been a million times better had the original characters gotten all the screen time.  that was a clear marketing/toy ploy to make money off new characters.

Loved the '86 movie.  Still watch it..still love it.

"You've got the touch....You've got the POWER!!!!!!   When all hell's breakin' loose you'll be right in the eye of the storm!"

C'mon...that's gotta give you goose bumps, right there.

http://www.seibertron.com/media/video/thetouch/index.php

And "Dare to be stupid"? Possibly one of the greatest Weird Al songs, EVVVVAAAAAA!

Seriously, I still geek out to that movie. 

I own it on DVD (and have for a few years...I think it might be Canadian, though..not sure).  I've looked at the "Special Edition" and I, too, wonder what's so special about it.  Doesn't appear much different than the version I have, other than the packaging.

Smiley
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:18:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 02:53:50 PM »

Interesting that you like the cartoon movie so much, i found it disappointing once prime dies.? its still a good movie, but it would have been a million times better had the original characters gotten all the screen time.? that was a clear marketing/toy ploy to make money off new characters.

It was a blatant attempt to sell toys, and yet succeeded anyway!

Doesnt it just amaze u that when Prime dies u actually feel something - a cartoon character's death can actually affect u, powerful stuff indeed!

I just loved the way the film was the anti-matter of cartoons. The 80's was full of guys blazing away at each other and no one ever dying, no one even being injured

..and then transformers the movie comes along - its damn near genocide, the lasers they fire actually hit - there are consequences, finally some realism, some tension - you've been so used to everyone surving for next week, if only all cartoons were the same!

i don't know, i hope you're right Izzy.

Superman's weakness is kyrptonite - a transformers film's only weakness is attempts at comedy, Bay has never given us comic relief in his films - so my number 1 fear is layed to rest!

I just have a very bad feeling about it.? i want to be excited about it as if it is done right with respect to the source material it SHOULD be an awesome movie.? but Bay scares the shit out of me as does that early draft of the script.

People are so worried abou the plot - or the script

Think back to The Island or Pearl Harbour

Was there a plot there at all?

Bay films have no plot - so does it matter if on paper its good or bad - you wont even notice its there!!!

Bay films have just enough dialogue to explain the next set piece battle - with the script being almost absent, will it matter whats in it?

not sure if you've seen all the leaked pics, but they don't even look like transformers to me.?

No they dont - they look like unstoppable death machines from space.

They look like you could take a battalion to them and have your ass handed to you

They look scary and deadly

...so how is that a bad thing?

Dont we want the decepticons to looks scary and deadly? When Meagtron hits the screen i want to be thinking 'oh gods our hero's are in for it now!'

megatron looks like someone puked metal,

But shouldn't he look like some hellish brute? When he's on screen u dont want to be thinking anything but how awesomely powerful he is - because if he doesnt do that, then does anything else he does actually matter

prime has flames on him (WTF!!!!),

It could be worse - he could be a gorilla....

Providing he doesnt have a hippy daisy on the cab, does it matter? C'mon he's a massive truck with Peter Cullen doing the voice, the flames might actually look cool on screen too

bumblebee looks all Gen-x'd.....

Providing he isnt camp in portrayal or played for laughs i dont think its going to matter what he looks like

so long as they have the theme song and the transformer noise when they transform it'll be somewhat good Wink

They dont have either i'm afraid

The theme song is long gone and the transforming noise is the one in the trailer - sorry

i have also heard they got the original voice for prime (now lets just hope he has good lines).

Yep that is confirmed: Peter Cullen is the voice of Prime and possibly Ironhide too (he did both in the show), and Frank Welker (megatron's original voice) is supposed to be involved
god i sound like a fucking nerd hahah

Nope, Transformers transcended popular entertainment - everyone is a fan, its just some people dont know it yet Wink

EXCELLENT point about Boll though...i dont' know how he is allowed near a movie set.? And yes, Bay can blow shit up real nice.? we'll see.

Uwe Boll gets handed all kinds of films that deserve better - if he was involved - or (god forbid!) - Paul Anderson (AVP) or hell even worse - Bryan Singer or Bret Ratner, then u really could kiss this film goodbye!

Ye gods - imagine if Spielberg was directing - there would be more kids in it than the Simpsons!

Imagine the pretentious bore this film would be with Ridley Scott at the helm!

and u dont even want to think about the feminist film James Cameron would turn transformers into - hell they'd be made by ''the man''! (love the guy, but we dont need transformers learning about crying here!)

Michael Bay is reliable - he just does action - no pretentious shite, no 'atmospheric' snooze fest and no ''clever'' political slants.

Transformers is about war, directed by a man who is obsessed with US military hardware - this is a guy who spends all his interviews raving about A-10 Warthogs,

Starscream is an F-22 - we'll be lucky if Bay can take the camera off him, it will be endless lingering shots of the latest hardware - and people are worried abou the human characters having all the screen time! hihi

Its gonna rock!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 02:55:49 PM »

"You've got the touch....You've got the POWER!!!!!!? ?When all hell's breakin' loose you'll be right in the eye of the storm!"

C'mon...that's gotta give you goose bumps, right there.

I have to confess its a rather inspiring song that i've used more than a few times to calm the nerves

'your at your best when the going gets tough - you've been put to the test, but its never enough'

Genius

Quick! To the bandwagon!
anythinggoes
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 03:20:48 PM »

Well im looking forward to it i used to watch the cartoons every day after school thinking back i was 5 or 6 years old now i seem t remember there being dinosaur ones as well

anyhow i want to see a film version of either

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 03:39:20 PM »

Well im looking forward to it i used to watch the cartoons every day after school thinking back i was 5 or 6 years old now i seem t remember there being dinosaur ones as well

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf

a MASK movie?? hahahah c'mon now. 

maybe if tformers does well they'll make a Go-Bots movie hahahahah.

thundercats could be cool. 

Smurfs live action would be insane Wink hahah.  Will Ferrel as jokey smurf, paris hilton as smurfette, morgan freeman as papa smurf, brad pitt as handy....an all star cast.  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »

Interesting that you like the cartoon movie so much, i found it disappointing once prime dies.? its still a good movie, but it would have been a million times better had the original characters gotten all the screen time.? that was a clear marketing/toy ploy to make money off new characters.

It was a blatant attempt to sell toys, and yet succeeded anyway!

Doesnt it just amaze u that when Prime dies u actually feel something - a cartoon character's death can actually affect u, powerful stuff indeed!

I just loved the way the film was the anti-matter of cartoons. The 80's was full of guys blazing away at each other and no one ever dying, no one even being injured

..and then transformers the movie comes along - its damn near genocide, the lasers they fire actually hit - there are consequences, finally some realism, some tension - you've been so used to everyone surving for next week, if only all cartoons were the same!

i don't know, i hope you're right Izzy.

Superman's weakness is kyrptonite - a transformers film's only weakness is attempts at comedy, Bay has never given us comic relief in his films - so my number 1 fear is layed to rest!

I just have a very bad feeling about it.? i want to be excited about it as if it is done right with respect to the source material it SHOULD be an awesome movie.? but Bay scares the shit out of me as does that early draft of the script.

People are so worried abou the plot - or the script

Think back to The Island or Pearl Harbour

Was there a plot there at all?

Bay films have no plot - so does it matter if on paper its good or bad - you wont even notice its there!!!

Bay films have just enough dialogue to explain the next set piece battle - with the script being almost absent, will it matter whats in it?

not sure if you've seen all the leaked pics, but they don't even look like transformers to me.?

No they dont - they look like unstoppable death machines from space.

They look like you could take a battalion to them and have your ass handed to you

They look scary and deadly

...so how is that a bad thing?

Dont we want the decepticons to looks scary and deadly? When Meagtron hits the screen i want to be thinking 'oh gods our hero's are in for it now!'

megatron looks like someone puked metal,

But shouldn't he look like some hellish brute? When he's on screen u dont want to be thinking anything but how awesomely powerful he is - because if he doesnt do that, then does anything else he does actually matter

prime has flames on him (WTF!!!!),

It could be worse - he could be a gorilla....

Providing he doesnt have a hippy daisy on the cab, does it matter? C'mon he's a massive truck with Peter Cullen doing the voice, the flames might actually look cool on screen too

bumblebee looks all Gen-x'd.....

Providing he isnt camp in portrayal or played for laughs i dont think its going to matter what he looks like

so long as they have the theme song and the transformer noise when they transform it'll be somewhat good Wink

They dont have either i'm afraid

The theme song is long gone and the transforming noise is the one in the trailer - sorry

i have also heard they got the original voice for prime (now lets just hope he has good lines).

Yep that is confirmed: Peter Cullen is the voice of Prime and possibly Ironhide too (he did both in the show), and Frank Welker (megatron's original voice) is supposed to be involved
god i sound like a fucking nerd hahah

Nope, Transformers transcended popular entertainment - everyone is a fan, its just some people dont know it yet Wink

EXCELLENT point about Boll though...i dont' know how he is allowed near a movie set.? And yes, Bay can blow shit up real nice.? we'll see.

Uwe Boll gets handed all kinds of films that deserve better - if he was involved - or (god forbid!) - Paul Anderson (AVP) or hell even worse - Bryan Singer or Bret Ratner, then u really could kiss this film goodbye!

Ye gods - imagine if Spielberg was directing - there would be more kids in it than the Simpsons!

Imagine the pretentious bore this film would be with Ridley Scott at the helm!

and u dont even want to think about the feminist film James Cameron would turn transformers into - hell they'd be made by ''the man''! (love the guy, but we dont need transformers learning about crying here!)

Michael Bay is reliable - he just does action - no pretentious shite, no 'atmospheric' snooze fest and no ''clever'' political slants.

Transformers is about war, directed by a man who is obsessed with US military hardware - this is a guy who spends all his interviews raving about A-10 Warthogs,

Starscream is an F-22 - we'll be lucky if Bay can take the camera off him, it will be endless lingering shots of the latest hardware - and people are worried abou the human characters having all the screen time! hihi

Its gonna rock!

yeah, when prime died i was pretty shocked and upset.  i still can't get the image of wheel jack lying on the floor with a gaping hole in his chest.  or ironside getting blown away on the shuttle to earth.   or how about the cop car autobot getting killed and then his eyes burst open into smokign flames...fucking surreal.  the shame is they killed off all the cool characters!! haha.  even starscream got smoked (but came back as a ghost heheh).  I like galvatron though, good bad guy.

i remember the GI Joe movie following the same formula (get rid of all the old characters and introduce new ones) but that was just god awful.  and nobody died.  how do you have a Joe movie without snake eyes....sigh, sometimes i wonder how these corp. execs are still allowed to keep their jobs.

a live action Joe special forces movie could be bad ass if done right.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf

I think there is momentum building for a Thundercats film, it has to happen soon!!

I want to see the Thundertank!

Oh god they'll give them film to Uwe Boll......
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 06:19:17 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 12:52:57 PM »

As long as there is no comedy, the film could be pretty cool.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2006, 10:49:51 AM »

exactly my thoughts - the very first attempt they make at a joke, i'm outta the cinema peace

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lastroots
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 03:17:05 PM »

exactly my thoughts - the very first attempt they make at a joke, i'm outta the cinema peace

Why? There were plenty of scenes in the original series where I laughed my ass of. It just depends on if they get the humour right.

/lastroots
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 07:43:38 AM »

It's a Michael Bay movie. Let me sum it up for you: WHIZZ!BOOM!CRASH!SWOOSH!BLAM!KABLOOEY! (Insert corny dialogue here.) BAM!ZOOM!POW!KABOOM!BANG!SCREECH! (Roll credits.)

Spot on Grin

But you forgot to mention that he usually edits his movie with like 12,587 images per second. Epileptics, be warned.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 08:02:27 AM »

It's a Michael Bay movie. Let me sum it up for you: WHIZZ!BOOM!CRASH!SWOOSH!BLAM!KABLOOEY! (Insert corny dialogue here.) BAM!ZOOM!POW!KABOOM!BANG!SCREECH! (Roll credits.)

Spot on Grin

But you forgot to mention that he usually edits his movie with like 12,587 images per second. Epileptics, be warned.

Don't forget the one scene about 65% through the film where two characters will express their concern and/or love for one another through a horribly contrived scene stuffed with God-awful dialogue just so people will remember that their watching a movie rather than a fireworks display...

Don't get me wrong, though.  If only because of my total devotion to the '86 version, I'm seeing this movie.    beer
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf

You guys are cracking me up!!!  Never would I have thought that there were so many HARDCORE Transformers fan here. Believe me, I'm not laughing at you, only with you. I love Transformers as well. 

MASK had some of the coolest toys in the world I thought. Was the dinosaur one you were thinking of DinoSaucers??? Am I the only one that remembers this cartoon?? I think it was on after GI Joe in the a.m. I always ask people if they remember this show and I don't think I've found one person yet that I know that actually does. It's heartbreaking really...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf

You guys are cracking me up!!!? Never would I have thought that there were so many HARDCORE Transformers fan here. Believe me, I'm not laughing at you, only with you. I love Transformers as well.?

MASK had some of the coolest toys in the world I thought. Was the dinosaur one you were thinking of DinoSaucers??? Am I the only one that remembers this cartoon?? I think it was on after GI Joe in the a.m. I always ask people if they remember this show and I don't think I've found one person yet that I know that actually does. It's heartbreaking really...

I think he's talking about the Dinobots...the transformers that changed into Dinosaurs.  I forget their individual names, though...anyone?
lastroots
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 07:27:29 AM »

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf

You guys are cracking me up!!!  Never would I have thought that there were so many HARDCORE Transformers fan here. Believe me, I'm not laughing at you, only with you. I love Transformers as well. 

I think he's talking about the Dinobots...the transformers that changed into Dinosaurs.  I forget their individual names, though...anyone?

Grimlock, Snarl, Sludge, Slag, Swoop

Grin

/lastroots
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:30:23 AM by lastroots » Logged
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 08:27:17 AM »

just watched the trailer.  i think it looks great.  look forward to it.

Don't Damn Me!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 08:40:12 AM »

MASK

THUNDERCATS

how cool could they be

snarf snarf

You guys are cracking me up!!!? Never would I have thought that there were so many HARDCORE Transformers fan here. Believe me, I'm not laughing at you, only with you. I love Transformers as well.?

I think he's talking about the Dinobots...the transformers that changed into Dinosaurs.? I forget their individual names, though...anyone?

Grin

/lastroots

You're my hero.  That's them.  Ah, the memories...    beer
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »

MASK had some of the coolest toys in the world I thought.

Indeed - i want the Thunderhawk's gull-wing doors on my car peace - ?and the bravery to fly a car with the doors open nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 08:44:49 AM »

Grimlock wanna here Kupp's war stories!

Tell Grimlock about petro rabbits!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lastroots
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 08:58:40 AM »