Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Acoustic GN'R show wishlist thread (if the played MTV Unplugged, Bridge Benefit etc)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Acoustic GN'R show wishlist thread (if the played MTV Unplugged, Bridge Benefit etc)  (Read 12484 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »

i'd love for them to find a way onto Saturday Night Live...just watched a rerun from 2000 when U2 was on and Val Kilmer hosted.  Almost no better way to be seen/heard than being on a live show like that on Network TV
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

I hate SNL perfomances usually cause the crowd seems so quiet and it's weird having such an odd silence all song, but seeing GNR on anything would kick ass.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006, 12:21:25 PM »

that would be fuckin cool but I don't see them playing jungle and  SCOM acoustic, it would just butcher the songs....there are so many other songs to pick that would be cool...

The version of SCOM that Sheryl Crow did for Big Daddy was acoustic. She butchered the vocals, but the acoustics didn't sound too bad. I think GN'R could make it work.

I'd like to see....

1 Sweet Child O' Mine
2 Patience
3 The Blues
4 Dead Horse
5 The Catcher In The Rye
6 Look At Your Game Girl
7 Used To Love Her
8 One In A Million
9 Madagascar
10 Don't Cry
11 I.R.S.
12 Sailing

That would definitely be a memorable set and I think in a closed environment like Unplugged they could get away with performing some of the controversial songs without causing a lot of waves.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2006, 01:07:55 PM »

Great idea!! i think that Axl wanted to do this back in the day or at least it was mentioned in an article.
now that korn is doing it, it could happen.  I'd say wait till mid next year to do it though, after the album!  beer

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »

that would be fuckin cool but I don't see them playing jungle and  SCOM acoustic, it would just butcher the songs....there are so many other songs to pick that would be cool...

The version of SCOM that Sheryl Crow did for Big Daddy was acoustic. She butchered the vocals, but the acoustics didn't sound too bad. I think GN'R could make it work.

I'd like to see....

1 Sweet Child O' Mine
2 Patience
3 The Blues
4 Dead Horse
5 The Catcher In The Rye
6 Look At Your Game Girl
7 Used To Love Her
8 One In A Million
9 Madagascar
10 Don't Cry
11 I.R.S.
12 Sailing

That would definitely be a memorable set and I think in a closed environment like Unplugged they could get away with performing some of the controversial songs without causing a lot of waves.

Dead Flowers is a song that would work too. The bootleg version is amazing!

"all that anger, all that anger"
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2006, 01:11:41 PM »

that would be excellent!! ok

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2006, 01:36:32 PM »

Kind of a cool idea, though I can't say I'm thrilled about the idea of WTTJ acoustic.  Just seems wrong.

But the slower, more ballad-esque tracks would easily lend themselves to it, and you could fill in the spaces with acoustic versions of more hard-hitting stuff. 

I'd buy it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »

Kind of a cool idea, though I can't say I'm thrilled about the idea of WTTJ acoustic.  Just seems wrong.

But the slower, more ballad-esque tracks would easily lend themselves to it, and you could fill in the spaces with acoustic versions of more hard-hitting stuff. 

I'd buy it.

I think it'd show the versatility of the entire band to do songs of all different types.

I think breaking apart something like Better or Jungle to the roots of the groove would show just what these guys have to offer.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 02:53:45 PM »

Who said anything about an acoustic release? Huh

We're talking about an MTV Unplugged performance...

yeah, but they always release a dvd/cd pack after the performance on tv, don't they?

ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 02:59:22 PM »

Nope, there were lots of bands who didn't release their MTV unplugged on CD or DVD.
Pearl Jam's was never released at all, while Nirvana's was only on CD.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2006, 03:04:32 PM »

Fantastic if they did... Shocked

I like the idea... ok

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »

Nope, there were lots of bands who didn't release their MTV unplugged on CD or DVD.
Pearl Jam's was never released at all, while Nirvana's was only on CD.

fair enough, i'm just goin by what i see it's the trend now..

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

The fact that they've played two acoustic shows this year proves that they could actually pull it off.

I guess playing in a concert setting with TV cameras would be a bit different than playing in a night club.  Wink

A set similar to the London one, just with a few additions, would be cool. Mixing old, some covers and new:

Welcome To The Jungle
Mr. Brownstone
You're Crazy [edited from the MTV broadcast  hihi ]
New track we haven't head
Used To Love Her
Sailing
Patience
Richard & Robin instrumental / Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Sweet Child O' Mine
IRS
Ron, Dizzy & Axl [a cover or new song] / The Blues
November Rain
Nightrain
Madagascar
Paradise City

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2006, 03:48:10 PM »

i bet they`ll do this at some point. at least i hope so.

axl said he wanted to do a third acoustic show in chaicago, but he was ill....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »

Oh yeah.....

And they could do the slow, "hippie-yaya" version of It's So Easy that Axl talked about in the interview earlier this year
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2006, 04:36:53 PM »

'Sailing' for sure, what a great vocal performance he does on that.
Though I would want to see this released DVD/CD and these can sometimes be major releases (Nirvana anyone?)
ANything Guns would for sure create a major release and I don't want any major release before CD and I imagine sometime after that they will tour and support CD......It would be nice to have it drop after that to tide us over for the next studio album.

~sHiNe oN~
KelsisZero
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 02:20:35 PM »

Guns played the Bridge School Benefit?? It would be the perfect chance for the world to witness an acoustic Guns show for once with prior announcement.? For those who don't know what the Bridge School Benefit is, it is an annual concert put on by Neil and Peggy Young for the bridge school, a school for children with severe speech and physical disabilities, such as cerebral palsy.? I think it would be a great thing for Guns to play it.? All the bands play an acoustic (well, almost acoustic) set .? It's not like they are too big or too heavy to play the show, Paul McCartney played in 2004, and even weird bands that don't really fit play the show, such as Trent Reznor.? Do you think it's a good idea? and does anyone think that it is somewhat plausible? Your thoughts please...

September 20th, The Warfield, San Francisco
December 17th, Gibson Amphitheater, Los Angeles
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »

Would be kinda weird if Axl sang "It's been fourteen years of silence" to a mute kid, now wouldn't it? ... But it's a fantastic idea you got there, and they should play the following four songs.

Patience
The Blues
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
I Used To Love Her

drool

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 02:34:24 PM »

I think it would be an awesome thing to see but can't really picture it happening. Not sure GNR fits in with their vibe. Can you imagine Axl singing "I used to love her but I had to kill her" to children with speech impediments? That would be a bit surreal.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »

I think it would be an awesome thing to see but can't really picture it happening. Not sure GNR fits in with their vibe. Can you imagine Axl singing "I used to love her but I had to kill her" to children with speech impediments? That would be a bit surreal.

Stupid, so there's no other songs they could play?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: