Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Gotta love when Legit articles get deleted for no good reason
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gotta love when Legit articles get deleted for no good reason  (Read 6299 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« on: December 19, 2006, 09:32:02 PM »

The making of CD was appreciated by almost all who read it, yet it gets deleted, WHY?  There was nothing inaccurate in it!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:32:34 PM »

The making of CD was appreciated by almost all who read it, yet it gets deleted, WHY?? There was nothing inaccurate in it!

You know why. It doesn't paint Axl in a good light.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
benchiefjr
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »

The making of CD was appreciated by almost all who read it, yet it gets deleted, WHY?  There was nothing inaccurate in it!
There was a time that the IRS wouldn't go to Madagascar to make a better man out of you, in turn giving you the blues in this world of a Chinese Democracy.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:04:02 PM »

The making of CD was appreciated by almost all who read it, yet it gets deleted, WHY?? There was nothing inaccurate in it!

You know why. It doesn't paint Axl in a good light.

That, and the fact that it wasn't a new article.  Anything repeated usually isn't long for this board, either...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:05:10 PM »

And, I might add, that's why I knew enough to copy and paste the article before it got deleted, so I could re-read it later...  beer
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:47:03 PM »

Are you talking about the New York Times article from last year?
EFISH
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:47:38 PM »

Yeh, that's the one.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 10:49:01 PM »

I don't blame them for deleting that thing, it was utter shite!
EFISH
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 10:50:28 PM »

I didn't even bother reading it..... I can't conentrate on something that long.  no
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 10:58:19 PM »

I read it last year when it came out.. utter crap. I STILL can't believe the TIMES printed that garbage.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 11:06:08 PM »

One of the most interesting GN'R articles I've ever read. Can't see how some think it was crap.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
EFISH
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »

Can someone PM me a link to it, I'll just try and read it later tonight.  Smiley
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 11:28:43 PM »

That was a great article.

If they took it down it was only because it was already posted. I'm guessing their answer would be "use the search function."

EFISH
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 11:34:43 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19262.0

Time to start reading.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 01:11:51 AM »

One of the most interesting GN'R articles I've ever read. Can't see how some think it was crap.

Agreed is a nice read. yes

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »

No, it's not a nice read. It's a piece of crap with bullshits, lies and bad journalism. I mean, it was like only picking some quotes from the guys banned here and state "HTGTH is really the hell".

Biased chose of interviews, biased words about Axl and, of course, failing to share the positive things: the 13 million is not only for one album, the songs are really good, etc. The article is not well written and, IMHO, just wants to spread lies and portrait the easy and wrong side of the truth behind this album. Sounds like they didn't got the answers from the gnr camp and had to only interview former employes from 1999.

The worst part is that people still believe in those lies.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 02:10:42 PM »

great Voodo!!

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 04:07:47 PM »

Jesus - some of you guys are pretty sensitive.

I don't think that as a group we need the "truth police" to tell us what parts to believe and what parts not to believe.   It's a great read and even if some of it is factually shaky ground that doesn't mean that it should be erased and the author burned at the stake.

Much of life is open to interpretation.   Don't be afraid to try to make that interpretation for YOURSELVES.  And don't be afraid to allow others that choice too. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 09:48:59 PM »

I don't think that as a group we need the "truth police" to tell us what parts to believe and what parts not to believe.? ?It's a great read and even if some of it is factually shaky ground that doesn't mean that it should be erased and the author burned at the stake.

Much of life is open to interpretation.? ?Don't be afraid to try to make that interpretation for YOURSELVES.? And don't be afraid to allow others that choice too.?

Great point.  To make that interpretation for ourselves, however, we first need access to the information.  In this case, also need to find that information for ourselves, rather then only process and discuss what is provided for us (or in this case, not deleted), yes?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 07:36:10 AM »

I don't think that as a group we need the "truth police" to tell us what parts to believe and what parts not to believe.? ?It's a great read and even if some of it is factually shaky ground that doesn't mean that it should be erased and the author burned at the stake.

Much of life is open to interpretation.? ?Don't be afraid to try to make that interpretation for YOURSELVES.? And don't be afraid to allow others that choice too.?

Great point.? To make that interpretation for ourselves, however, we first need access to the information.? In this case, also need to find that information for ourselves, rather then only process and discuss what is provided for us (or in this case, not deleted), yes?

Absolutely.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: