Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Talk about a sick case - I hope they give her the DP
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talk about a sick case - I hope they give her the DP  (Read 11174 times)
Surfrider
« on: December 19, 2006, 06:54:41 PM »

Judges get slammed often; here is an example of a good decision.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/19/daughter.pedophile.ap/index.html

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (AP) -- A federal appeals court threw out the 10-year prison sentence of a woman who rented her 9-year-old daughter to a pedophile more than 200 times, saying the punishment was too lenient.

The woman often held the girl down in their home while Joe J. Champion molested her, according to court documents. Champion typically paid the mother $20.

The Associated Press is not naming the woman, to protect her daughter's identity.

"The factors of this case are no less than horrifying," Judge William Jay Riley wrote in the unanimous opinion released Monday by a three-judge panel.

Champion pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

The woman, convicted in 2003 of aggravated sexual abuse and conspiring with Champion to help him molest the girl, was sentenced to 17-1/2 years in prison -- the minimum provided under sentencing guidelines.

She appealed, and a panel of judges sent the case back to U.S. District Judge Charles A. Shaw, saying he might have given her a lighter sentence if he had known he was not bound by the guidelines.

Shaw then sentenced the woman to 10 years, saying mental problems and drug addiction had influenced her behavior. The judge also noted that she had taken parenting classes and had vocational training while in prison.

The judge said he did not believe the woman posed a danger to the public and was unlikely to repeat the actions, according to court documents.

The appeals judges disagreed. They found the woman's efforts to rehabilitate herself neither "lessen the horrendous treatment" of her daughter, nor indicate that she would not again offer her daughter to an abuser for money.

Kevin Schriener, the woman's attorney, said Tuesday he would ask for a rehearing of the appeal.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:56:33 PM »

She deserves alot more than the death penalty.  I can't wait for someone to come and defend her actions and view her as the victim.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:32:06 PM »

She deserves alot more than the death penalty.  I can't wait for someone to come and defend her actions and view her as the victim.

I can't think of one person on this board or in real life who would defend her actions by any means.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 11:04:34 PM »

I can't think of one person on this board or in real life who would defend her actions by any means.

There are no Republican members of Congress that post here, that I am aware of.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:36:39 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 11:14:46 PM »

Liberal judges for you, thats worse than the judge in Vermont who gave a child rapist 90 days.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:17:31 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:05:15 AM »

She deserves alot more than the death penalty.? I can't wait for someone to come and defend her actions and view her as the victim.

I could see Lisa coming in and defending her against severe punishment saying "she made a grave error" and will pay for it in prison and all that jazz.  Calling me a redneck for wanting to put the bitch down.  I say this because she essentially did that same thing last week.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:07:30 AM »

There are no Republican members of Congress that post here, that I am aware of.

Where are these Republican child molestors at?  I'm sure you're trying to reference Folley, but he wasn't a child molestor.  In fact, Republicans were the ones asking for harsher penalties, not the Democrats.  But I won't try to attack the other side by saying Dems condone child molestation, as neither party does.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 12:10:36 AM »

I could see Lisa coming in and defending her against severe punishment saying "she made a grave error" and will pay for it in prison and all that jazz.  Calling me a redneck for wanting to put the bitch down.  I say this because she essentially did that same thing last week.

well wait until somebody does before posting that you think someone will....its like you're trying to goad someone into an arguement or something.  I don't think you'd need to stir up the hornets nest that would transpire if someone posted defending or minimizing the actions of that bitch.  she should be sterilized and never able to see that poor kid again.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 12:24:09 AM »

I think you should not speak on behalf of others, especially for something of this nature.

You should apologize.

Where are these Republican child molestors at?  I'm sure you're trying to reference Folley, but he wasn't a child molestor.  In fact, Republicans were the ones asking for harsher penalties, not the Democrats.  But I won't try to attack the other side by saying Dems condone child molestation, as neither party does.

Since you can't seem to figure it out on your own.......

(yawn)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:25:53 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 02:42:15 AM »

so she's crazy. so what ? you gonna kill all the crazies ?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 03:17:30 AM »

Crazies and old people it seems........
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »

so you would just pat her on the head and give her some candy?

(... I think she'd prefer drugs)

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 07:16:33 AM »

Judges like that give not only liberals a bad name, but humans in general.  That is totally disturbed.  I tend to lean left of center, but my stance on crime is to the right of Genghis Khan's.  While I think the death penalty is useless as a deterrent, this woman should be doing hard time in a nasty prison for the rest of her miserable life. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 08:33:43 AM »

Judges like that give not only liberals a bad name, but humans in general.  That is totally disturbed.  I tend to lean left of center, but my stance on crime is to the right of Genghis Khan's.  While I think the death penalty is useless as a deterrent, this woman should be doing hard time in a nasty prison for the rest of her miserable life. 

to go beyond the DP issue, which absolutely stupid and do not need any argumentation

you're talking about the general issue of punishement

why do we punsih ? what's the point ? is it to "get back" at someone?
i dont think so
we're a society, a worlwide society now, so our actions must have reasons and objectives

at a local level,  if you hit me, i will hit you, and that's ok,  we're 2 kids, no big deal; my actions do NOT always have to be senseful and be "useful"

but we're talking about society

it's pretty simple, if there is not outcome / output  out of an action, then it's useless

putting that girl in prison so she can be miserable is simply stupid. what will that do ? what do you get out of it ? what do WE get out of it.

i'm saddened by what the wittle girl had to suffer, but when the woman goes the prison, it doesnt do anything for me, it doesnt make me feel good, and i dont feel like we've created something, it is just a useless act.

we have to think further than the act

i kill her so _____ i feel good ? she won't hurt anymore ?
i put her in prison so ______ she feels bad and i can laugh at it?
i put her in a mental institute and try to help here change so _______ i've changed something ?

i dunno, i dont have the answers. but we really should look at how useless some actions are.

i'd rather have her work for free in africa , building roads or serving poor people than haveing her in prison.

that's what we should do.
you steal a car ? we send you 3 months in africa and you make food for a village and clean their shit.
at least the world get something out of it.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

I agree.

Have her clean shit or work repairing a leaking nuclear plant for life.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »

i put her in a mental institute and try to help here change so _______ i've changed something ?

[...]

you steal a car ? we send you 3 months in africa and you make food for a village and clean their shit.

People go to prison as punishment for their crimes. Positive side-effect; for the duration of their sentence they're not a threat to their victims or the general public.  How is that a bad thing?

And that last sentence you wrote might just be the silliest idea I've ever seen expressed on the issue of crime and punishment. "Yeah, make 'em work at a car-wash in des moines for six months, that'll achieve. . . something!"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 09:13:04 AM »

A rather disturbed individual - lets be grateful the police found out to begin with

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 09:53:05 AM »

That is EXACTLY how I am too.  We seem to be on the same page, we should run for office together hahaha  ok   

However, as for the DP as a deterrent, I'm not 100% sure I agree with that because nobody is going to come forward and say, "I was going to kill that son of a bitch, but then I realized if I get caught i'd get the DP".  nobody is going to admit to anyone they were close to committing a crime...

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 10:04:31 AM »

When i'm trying to fight for my son, reading this makes me wonder.

The guy's sentence is not sufficient, let alone what they said about the mother.

I wonder why judges seem to think it is not " that bad" to have a kid raped.

I have asked myself the question so many times without having an answer that the only rationnal one that comes to mind is disgusting and i question their moralities.

No one ever investigates judges BECAUSE of that, they are judges.

But before anything else, they are humans.

But who are they  ? what do they like ? what's their family life like ? are their kids happy ? what are their vices ?

I am sure there would be judges ( and lawyers) who would NEVER work again if they were investigated once every 5 years throughout their careers.

You have to be neutral to judge, but what if they are not, if their personnal lifes enter in the game,  if they don't sentence sexual offences or crimes because THEY REALLY THINK IT IS OK ?

WHAT IF ?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:06:10 AM by Mademoiselle aka Jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 11:18:23 AM »

[...]

People go to prison as punishment for their crimes. Positive side-effect; for the duration of their sentence they're not a threat to their victims or the general public.  How is that a bad thing?

And that last sentence you wrote might just be the silliest idea I've ever seen expressed on the issue of crime and punishment. "Yeah, make 'em work at a car-wash in des moines for six months, that'll achieve. . . something!"

the idea how having her removed from society so she does not commit other crime is
1- natural, any kind of solution (prison, institute, forced work abroad) does it
2- so it's not the property of the prison system.

so prison positive outcome is : they are not a threat
forced work : they are not a threat AND they create value

you do the math

prison and DP comes from an old need of human beings to be closer to god. they process the will of god on earth.

just watch the reaction of people when they hear the sentence of a criminals: " oh man ! im so happy !! he got what he deserved !! "

deep inside we are scared. and seeing a criminal paying for his crime in a ruthless way, makes us more safe, as a society. it's all about " getting back at someone" and as we know
getting back at someone does not bring anything but .... a sinful pleasure.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: