Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007  (Read 25302 times)
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2006, 01:57:50 PM »

I dont get why every1 is making a big deal outta the word tentative. I think he just pretty much said, it's out March 6th, and just added the tentative incase something random occurs and they need to push it up or back a week. He had to cover his ass.

I agree.. he protects himself incase something does occur.

T.T.
?.?.
omgrunnn
Headliner

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2006, 02:28:17 PM »

There is still 52 Tuesdays remaining in 2007........... peace

November 25th, 2006-Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit
December 2nd, 2011-U.S. Bank Area, Cincinnati
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »

I was looking up in the calendar..
If the TENTATIVE release date is March 6th, and 8 weeks before that the album has to be handed over the label, that means the band should be turnin' CD over in the week of Jan 9th, at the latest.
And barring any unforseen complications Roll Eyes, we should be happilly listening to the first single by the end of jan or the first 2 weeks of february.

My 2 fucking cents

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2006, 03:30:49 PM »

I was thinking of a tentative single release date and wouldn't it be nice if Axl releases the first single on his bday?? Feb 6th, and an exact month before the release of CD ok

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2006, 03:33:01 PM »

I dont get why every1 is making a big deal outta the word tentative. I think he just pretty much said, it's out March 6th, and just added the tentative incase something random occurs and they need to push it up or back a week. He had to cover his ass.

It IS a big deal.  He said tentative for a reason.   He said tentative because he doesn't want everyone to say "Fuck Axl" if MArch 6th comes and goes with no Chi Dem.   Some will anyway, but those that understand what tentative means should understand that there are still things that need to fall into place.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
SLCPUNK
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2006, 03:35:21 PM »

it's a great feeling to finally be able to make a countdown with so exact numbers lol

It is not exact numbers........

i don't follow.. what do you mean?

You are saying that CD WILL be released on the date given. Axl said it is a tentative date. If you are "counting down" anything, you are not being honest with yourself.
ben9785
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »

It is a tentative date. It is unconfirmed. It may come out on that date. It may not. I feel pretty confident we'll see it around that time, whether it is a week or two out or whatever. And again, from Axl's letter, things aren't going to be so cryptic or misleading for us anymore. We will get confirmation on the release date in late January or February I think. I wouldn't suggest counting down to that date, but I'd say probably at this stage we can assume there's about 3 months until the album comes out, unless otherwise informed. Things are going to be a bit different now. Especially since Merck is no longer on the scene.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »

79 Days to go  Wink
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2006, 06:48:05 PM »

Although things are different this time cos Axl has given us a date,he has said on numerous occasions in interviews (2001,2002,2004) it will be out 'soon' or 'this year'. Why did he say that if it was soooooooo far from being finished back then? I'm not trying to piss on the parade as it were, i've been a fan of Axl for almost 20 years and I can't wait to hear this stuff and I agree it really does look good this time cos I guess once he hands it over there can be no more tweaking. I'm just looking at it from another angle since this is a discussion.

Again i'm as excited as the rest of you that Axl released that statement and gave the date I just can't rest until it is really in my hands!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2006, 07:02:11 PM »

my birthday is on march 9...
I'm planning on making a birthday party...
everyone invited would have to bring me a copy of CD...
I'm pretty sure that would ensure that CD is no1 in croatia, at least for a week Smiley

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ben9785
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »

Although things are different this time cos Axl has given us a date,he has said on numerous occasions in interviews (2001,2002,2004) it will be out 'soon' or 'this year'. Why did he say that if it was soooooooo far from being finished back then? I'm not trying to piss on the parade as it were, i've been a fan of Axl for almost 20 years and I can't wait to hear this stuff and I agree it really does look good this time cos I guess once he hands it over there can be no more tweaking. I'm just looking at it from another angle since this is a discussion.

Again i'm as excited as the rest of you that Axl released that statement and gave the date I just can't rest until it is really in my hands!

I think it may have been finished, but I guess since that time they've taken the opportunity to improve the album even more. Back them Axl was being forced to put the album out, I recall he said around that time he wasn't even ready to tour. I think it's safe to say following the general well receipt of the tour, and Axl's satisfaction of the album particularly following the late additions by BumbleFoot and Robin to the album, he's ready this time, by his own watch. The record company stopped caring about Axl's work on the album about 5 years ago, so he's had this time to ensure the album to his own personal standards without immediate stress (from record labels or other 'professional' relationships), so it's safe to say it's going to happen. Just my opinion.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »

It IS a big deal.  He said tentative for a reason.   He said tentative because he doesn't want everyone to say "Fuck Axl" if MArch 6th comes and goes with no Chi Dem.   Some will anyway, but those that understand what tentative means should understand that there are still things that need to fall into place.

Yeah, unfortunately one of those "things" that needs to fall into place is that he still has to finish the album, something he still hasn't accomplished after all these years...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »

It IS a big deal.? He said tentative for a reason.? ?He said tentative because he doesn't want everyone to say "Fuck Axl" if MArch 6th comes and goes with no Chi Dem.? ?Some will anyway, but those that understand what tentative means should understand that there are still things that need to fall into place.

Yeah, unfortunately one of those "things" that needs to fall into place is that he still has to finish the album, something he still hasn't accomplished after all these years...

it only needs a good 2-3 days to finish...
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2006, 08:52:56 PM »

yeah....which they have been attempted to do all year, but the "muse" didn't show up.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2006, 08:56:54 PM »

yeah....which they have been attempted to do all year, but the "muse" didn't show up.

but apparantly this time axl thinks his muse is here, or will be so that he can hand the album in by Janruary 9
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2006, 08:58:46 PM »

but apparantly this time axl thinks his muse is here, or will be so that he can hand the album in by Janruary 9

I really hope so, but if history is any indication.....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2006, 08:59:47 PM »

Well, history (more specifically, Axl) has also never given us a solid release date, tentative or otherwise.? Positive thoughts....
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »

Well, history (more specifically, Axl) has also never given us a solid release date, tentative or otherwise.  Positive thoughts....

Agreed that that is a first. He or management has, in the past, said it was coming out that year (multiple times) but there has never been a date given. I really hope it does come out, but for obvious reasons i'm skeptical. I wouldn't be nearly so skeptical if the album was actually done.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

I hear you.  Me, I'm sticking with "cautiously optimistic."  The fact that an month/day was named gives me new hope...I'm very appreciative for Axl's letter.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2006, 09:05:32 PM »

I hear you.? Me, I'm sticking with "cautiously optimistic."? The fact that an month/day was named gives me new hope...I'm very appreciative for Axl's letter.

its more to me that axl said hes going to try everything in his power to get it out that date... and that if something goes wrong theyll tell us..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: