Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:24:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  EuroTour x U.S Tour (Sound "changes" between Tour Legs)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EuroTour x U.S Tour (Sound "changes" between Tour Legs)  (Read 1590 times)
Christian
VIP

« on: December 18, 2006, 07:34:27 PM »

Sorry if this is dead horse..

I would like to know if you have noticed something different, musically, between the EuroTour to now U.S Tour

Like:

- Better has now Axl (with the "high" voice) and Tommy Stinson (doing the Falseto that Axl does in the demo) singing the verse - EuroTour was only Axl
- Sweet Child O' Mine Mid-Solos has a different drumming from Frank
- Chinese Democracy (All song) different drumming now (even with Frank in the EuroTour)

There are other things i don't remember now, i'll try to post later while listening to the brand new Oakland bootleg
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 07:50:03 PM by ChrisMaciel » Logged
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 10:03:52 PM »

I haven't heard enough bootlegs to judge, however, songs always progress live over time, so...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:44:08 PM »

there was a article some where , I would have to search for it that describes the new north american sound set up  , from my memory it was pretty bad ass
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 08:28:32 AM »

Sorry if this is dead horse..

I would like to know if you have noticed something different, musically, between the EuroTour to now U.S Tour

Like:

- Better has now Axl (with the "high" voice) and Tommy Stinson (doing the Falseto that Axl does in the demo) singing the verse - EuroTour was only Axl
- Sweet Child O' Mine Mid-Solos has a different drumming from Frank
- Chinese Democracy (All song) different drumming now (even with Frank in the EuroTour)

There are other things i don't remember now, i'll try to post later while listening to the brand new Oakland bootleg

Don't know about the high voice (haven't heard many bootlegs from the U.S tour) but Tommy did sing that "no one ever..." part in europe also

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:42:43 AM »

Tommy sang in the European tour. But now seems like the chorus has Robin's backing vocals louder in the mix.

Here's some other stuff I noticed:

- Chinese Democracy - Besides the different drum (wich is kinda weird to hear at first), the song has now Ron playing his shredd all over the song (he always did that, BTW) with the fretless guitar now. I guess it's to emulate Buckethead's whammy, but it sounds way cooler with Ron. Smiley

- IRS - Ron don't stop playing the lead after his solo: it goes while Axl sing the last part. Frank drums are different than Brain's (and better), but he did that in the UK tour too.

- Rocket Queen has a new drum intro with Frank, not so funky but cool too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: