Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CNN mention of Izzy with Axl just now!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CNN mention of Izzy with Axl just now!!!  (Read 4780 times)
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

I honestly dont think a lot of people know Izzy. Prolly just Axl and Slash.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 04:47:48 AM »

It's pretty interesting how this news spread... Promotion?  beer
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 01:03:33 PM »

That's an interesting article.? I didn't realize Izzy "filled in" for Gilby in '93.

Gilbey had broked his wrist because of an motorcycle accident in 1993. Izzy replaced Gilby for 5 shows.

05.22.93 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel

05.24.93 - Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece

05.26.93 - Inonu Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey

05.29.93 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England

05.30.93 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England

Where's Axl?
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »

Did they play the 'izzy' songs at these places?  e.g. Dust n Bones/14 Years? 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »

Did they play the 'izzy' songs at these places?? e.g. Dust n Bones/14 Years??

G N' R played this kind of setlist at most of the shows:
Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Welcome To The Jungle, Attitude, It's So Easy, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience [w/ Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

It happened that they changed the direction of songs a bit or they played an extra solo to the setlist. As in Greece for example where they played a short part of Since i don't have you as an intro to Sweet child o' mine.

Where's Axl?
don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »

Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Welcome To The Jungle, Attitude, It's So Easy, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience [w/ Imagine], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

It happened that they changed the direction of songs a bit or they played an extra solo to the setlist. As in Greece for example where they played a short part of Since i don't have you as an intro to Sweet child o' mine.

No but your missin my point man.  When izzy was still with the band they played Dust N Bones and 14 Years every night.  Then, once izzy left, they stopped cos they were Izzy tunes.  So i was wondering if they played any of the izzy tunes when he was back? 

stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 02:31:29 PM »

No but your missin my point man.  When izzy was still with the band they played Dust N Bones and 14 Years every night.  Then, once izzy left, they stopped cos they were Izzy tunes.  So i was wondering if they played any of the izzy tunes when he was back? 

He answered you already. No, they didn't.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 02:34:54 PM »

No but your missin my point man.? When izzy was still with the band they played Dust N Bones and 14 Years every night.? Then, once izzy left, they stopped cos they were Izzy tunes.? So i was wondering if they played any of the izzy tunes when he was back??

Double talkin' jive is also a Izzy song.

Where's Axl?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 02:42:30 PM »

No but your missin my point man.? When izzy was still with the band they played Dust N Bones and 14 Years every night.? Then, once izzy left, they stopped cos they were Izzy tunes.? So i was wondering if they played any of the izzy tunes when he was back??

which they continued to play after Izzy left....check out the Tokyo DVD

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »

which they continued to play after Izzy left....check out the Tokyo DVD

I know. I was only answering Don_Vercetti's question about the Izzy songs.
More info about the setlists can be found here:
http://www.gnrontour.com/

Where's Axl?
don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 04:01:50 PM »

ah ok, cheers thanks.  Cool site btw. 

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: