Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  question about the cancelled dates in jan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: question about the cancelled dates in jan  (Read 16274 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

jarmo they taped most of the shows on this tour
so why wouldnt or couldnt they use that footage?

They could.

So I guess because they could, they should to please you?

Unless they have another concept for the video. But that's not a good idea since they filed all the shows...

And that is called an IDEA of what the first video could
We are not allowed to have an option what the first video might be?

What the hell are you talking about?

You can guess what it will be, but when you claim they have the footage already, you're not guessing. You're saying they don't need to work on the video because they have the live footage to use.

You made these claims even before you heard even one word about the video.

And that is called an IDEA of
You dont pull ths shit calling peope experts when they say Better is goign to be the first  single
now do you? No because you have a personal problem with me that is why
other people in the past have said the first video for better might just be live shots
and you never once made that claim about them
but you did here with me

I think Better will be the first video too. It's my guess.

It doesn't make me an expert on the video and I don't make claims about the band already having the footage for it like you did though.

grow up

Hahaha!

Yes you missed shows, but  you had other shows to go to. I am sure most of the people that got tix to the jan shows just got to one show and now it will be zero, big difference

No I didn't, the whole tour was cancelled in 2001. So, you're 100% wrong.

Its just a thread asking a legit question

But you don't like the answers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »

I think the simple, fair and enforceable answer is that nobody is allowed to post anything other than verifiable fact. ?

That way it's much easier for the mods and members alike. ?No more speculation, no more rumours and no more need for personal attacks.

We can have a Q&A with Beta if she's willing and we can discuss the actual facts around what we know. ? We don't KNOW for sure what's happening with the video and too many are incapable of discussing it in an adult fashion.

GNR doesn't have to answer to us. Axl wrote us a letter, and Beta came on here and made a few more comments. That should be enough.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2006, 06:28:44 PM »

We can have a Q&A with Beta if she's willing and we can discuss the actual facts around what we know.   We don't KNOW for sure what's happening with the video and too many are incapable of discussing it in an adult fashion.

Please.

She gets attacked for not being nice enough for your tastes and now you're asking her for favors.

Dave is also now on a short break from this board. He deserves it.

Asking people to grow up and calling them losers says enough of what he's been trying to accomplish here these past few days. Obviously he's above this place and we don't need that kind of fans here. He needs to think what he wants to do and where to post.

I know some of you love to question everything I do, but I really have better things to do than to keep repeating myself over and over again because you refuse to pay attention.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 06:32:05 PM »

What are you talking about?  When did I attack her?  I think it's awesome that she comes here. 

As a GNR fan I thought it might actually be an interesting idea. 

Silly me.    Roll Eyes

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »

I think the simple, fair and enforceable answer is that nobody is allowed to post anything other than verifiable fact. ?

That way it's much easier for the mods and members alike. ?No more speculation, no more rumours and no more need for personal attacks.

We can have a Q&A with Beta if she's willing and we can discuss the actual facts around what we know. ? We don't KNOW for sure what's happening with the video and too many are incapable of discussing it in an adult fashion.

GNR doesn't have to answer to us. Axl wrote us a letter, and Beta came on here and made a few more comments. That should be enough.

I'm not suggesting that they "have to answer to us".   But Beta DOES come here.  Mysteron tried to arrange an Axl Q&A a while back.   He wasn't ostracized for it. 

What leaks??
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2006, 06:43:20 PM »

Promoting the album; interviews, photoshoots, letting annoying interviewers suck up to you, endorsements, shooting videos, meetings, travelling from place to place...

You know, all the things that take little to no time at all.

Roll Eyes

How do you know how much money the label has spent on this album dave? I didn't know you were GN'R's accountant.

Like I said 4 shows would not get in the way of that. The old gnr with UYI were able to do all of that with a huge world tour. As for the 14m price tag, you know that is how much has been reported dont even try to deny it.

How the hell do you know what will or will not interfere in their plans to release the album on schedule? You don't so stop acting like you do. This is one of the things we were talking about in the other thread earlier, your spreading bullshit around.

Because it never got in the way in the past and it does not get in the way over other bands who tour and make videos at the same time.  So that is why I ask why would it get in the way now. That is why I said QUESTION. Its looking for an answer. I wil ask you the same question. How do you knwo it would get in the way. You talk like it would but in fact you dont. So  you areand jarmo are doing teh same thing you asuse me of doing  Roll Eyes

I know dave isn't around anymore for awhile, but I feel I have to respond to this.

I never claimed I knew for a fact that it would get in the way, like you are claiming it wouldn't. I'm just saying we don't know if it would or not so why take the chance? If there is even the slightest chance that it would delay things then I really don't think they should chance it. Most people would rather they take the time and get the album out on the tentative date, rather then play those 4 shows and risk the album being pushed back.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2006, 06:48:14 PM »

Huh

Daves recent posting has been very bizarre.

Judging by its absence on this board, Im assuming that Mercks letter isnt allowed to be discussed.  However, in it he says that the tour dates contributed to delays in the albums engineering (or something similar).  These dates might have a similar effect.  It seems a lot goes into these shows and they could be distractions if Axl is seriously focusing his efforts on the albums release. 
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:08 PM »

If it is as Axl says that the album should be with the label by mid January I don't see why they couldn't have played the shows. True, things could change or get delayed, that's to be expected. But it is a little puzzling that they decide to cancell the shows immediately instead of waiting to see what will happen.

And to say they can't make 4 shows while in preparation for a release sounds like bullshit to me. A band is never all that much involved with that stuff. They have to make the decisions, be where they have to be and appear on certain things. But it's not like they're out being busy for the whole of those 60 days.

Dave makes a valid point with them being able to do it in the 90s. These cancellations are definitely questionable.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2006, 06:50:31 PM »

We can have a Q&A with Beta if she's willing and we can discuss the actual facts around what we know.? ?We don't KNOW for sure what's happening with the video and too many are incapable of discussing it in an adult fashion.

Please.

She gets attacked for not being nice enough for your tastes and now you're asking her for favors.

/jarmo

Jarmo?   When did I attack Beta? 

What leaks??
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2006, 06:51:08 PM »

I really don't understand all this forum war. On one side, there are the trolls, who attack, shit on the band and smoke some elvis-rumours, and on the other side Jarmo, Beta and co. But they are not right too because I think they feed all the hate on the board by answering the trolls.  Wink
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »

If Axl feels he needs the time to focus on the details of the album's completion, more power to him. I completely empathize with the problems of a divided mind: there are times when one needs the freedom to focus only on a single idea and await inspiration to find its lightning rod. Axl may also have to coordinate between the label, legal, management, engineering, artwork.....Clearly he is the only guy from the band who could manage these day to day details.

Give him the time.

I dare you to find any GnR fan who would want a show in place of an earlier release date.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2006, 06:56:01 PM »

Jarmo?   When did I attack Beta? 

"You" meant fans in general, not you personally.

Sorry.

/jarmo

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2006, 07:33:17 PM »

How would doing the 4 shows in Jan set the band back with the album?

In that ?Axl? letter it said they have to have the album in EIGHT WEEKS before the release date to make the target date. If that is true that means CD has to be into the label by Jan 6th to make the march 6th release date, well those cancelled shows in Jan fall AFTER that target date and wouldn?t affect them getting the album done would it? So it makes no sense they cant do those shows because the album would already be finished and into the label by the time they happened.

What are you getting at? Do you think the album won't come out in March? Do you think they cancelled these shows because they hate the fans? Is this just bored conversation that has nothing to do with anything and no thoughts behind it? Maybe the band needs to do five hundred million things to finish up everything in the first week or two of January and then to promote this album to the extent that it deserves. Everyone complained like crazy that the band/management was doing everything wrong in how they promoted (or rather didn't promote) the album when we thought it was coming out by the end of the year. Now, they say they need time to promote it to the extent that it deserves and you are complaining? Or maybe you aren't complaining, I really don't know what your intentions were when you started this topic.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »

I just think the UYI comparison is silly, things have changed a lot since 1991.. I believe they need these 8 weeks to launch a big promotional campaign, one that goes hand in hand with the greatness of this album, remember CD is not just your average album, i think they are gonna try to promote it in a fair way that meets up to the expectations of this album

I could be wrong though

ben9785
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2006, 08:01:05 PM »

I understand and feel there is justification to the developments of the album, and the cancellation of the dates.
I sympathise and feel bad for the fans, but I can understand they are taking every possible measure to tie up any legal issues and finally turn the album over to the record company to release. If the album is on schedule for release by the record company and a legal issue intervenes, it has the threat to fuck everything up for the album and the band completely no matter how small or insignificant it may deem to be.

I believe 8 weeks is a fairly reasonable period of time for the album release. Sure, it could be done in less time, but considering the nature and status of the album, I'm sure they would implement each week at least of those 8 weeks to 'roll' out the album.. whether it is a 'part by part' MTV exclusive, or an ongoing interactive feature on their website.. the possibilities are endless.

Just on a more personal, immediate note here, these people who are trying to pick fights or question everything or ruin the nature of this forum. Please, I know this is a public forum, and I'm not a moderator, but I don't understand why everybody is against each other. This should be the greatest period as Guns and Roses fans. Everybody for the most part is very excited about this news and the developments. Put all the differences aside. For starters, its just a forum, no need to be offensive or take things seriously or too personally. Let's all just take it as it comes, please.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »

It has already been mentioned that the period of time that was meant for these 4 shows is critical to some last minute negotiation.  I suppose the band could have chosen to play the gigs, but anyone that believes that Axl will not be heavily involved in all of these meetings is underestimating his involvement with every minute detail with regard to CD.

While it is an unfortunate occurrence for GNR fans who had tickets to these four shows, I sincerely doubt that any fan would hesitate postponing these shows for a properly executed and timely release.  Now, if for some reason, it is discovered that this time was not used in an effective manner, thereby delaying the release, then there is reason for anger.   
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2006, 12:43:03 AM »

Dave is also now on a short break from this board. He deserves it.

/jarmo

Wow! Shocked

Hey jarmo, how long do you anticipate daves 'short break' to last? Huh

Just curious as I didn't know you could actually get temporarily banned. nervous

Perhaps dave needs to have some negative karma applied to himself as well? confused
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2006, 01:32:46 AM »

I can't believe he got banned for that.

This board is out of control with the deleting posts, banning etc.

I'm sure this post will get removed.

It has been out of control here for a few months now but it seems to only be getting worse.

Pretty much every post Jarmo makes has a really nasty negative tone.

Just some observations.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2006, 01:39:45 AM »

I can't believe he got banned for that.

This board is out of control with the deleting posts, banning etc.

I'm sure this post will get removed.

It has been out of control here for a few months now but it seems to only be getting worse.

Just some observations.

I hate when anyone gets banned, but this board has been very unpleasant the past two days.

If anything can calm it down and return us to the controlled excitement of Friday night, then it should be done

Dave will be back.

He will be better than ever too.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2006, 01:40:23 AM »

jarmo does seem a lot different as of late. Cry

There was a time around here when he wasn't like this and I remember the difference. yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: