Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:23:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  question about the cancelled dates in jan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: question about the cancelled dates in jan  (Read 16252 times)
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 05:49:08 PM »

Merck spoke of march the 20th, go by this and you can see why they may have to push thoses shows back.

I just hope the great artist delivers the goods!!!!!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 05:50:58 PM »

the legal team takes care most of the stuff that goes on after the album is handed it. The old gnr found a way to play shows after the UYI was  handed in, or did you forget that? They did not have to stop touring now did it?

Are you saying things in 2006 are exactly like they were in 1991?

The legal team takes care of most of the stuff?

I asked you, what makes you the expert on how this works? Care to enlighten all of us? Please!

What makes you the guy on the board who knows what can and can't be done regarding GN'R?

This thread seems to be yet another one of your attacks on the band.

As for the videos director. I find it hard to believe the first video is going to be some huge production like a nov rain type video esp since the label is in the hole for 14m on this album. You think they will want to throw 5m in for one video, or just so something simple and cost efficent? Plus the old gnr made videos while they were touring, and that was hundreds of shows, this band just has to do four.

You find it hard to believe?

You know absolutely nothing about the video. Nothing!

But yet you make all kinds of assumptions about it.

They could spend a week shooting the band. You don't know.

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the ?13 Tuesdays left? and ?It may just appear in your record store? approach offered by management.

It says right there that they want to get the promotion right.

You can also bet that if they had played these shows, Dave would be posting "why are they playing these shows? We just want the album out! They're just trying to make people go see them even though the album isn't out!"

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 05:54:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »

I don't see it as an attack at all.?

He has an opinion and it seems that several people disagree AND take it personally.? ?

To be honest I don't know why some of you are getting wound up.? This IS a discussion forum after all.? What's the big deal with talking about this stuff?  Really?   Perhaps he's wrong.  Perhaps he's not.  It's not the end of the world. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 05:55:05 PM »

the legal team takes care most of the stuff that goes on after the album is handed it. The old gnr found a way to play shows after the UYI was? handed in, or did you forget that? They did not have to stop touring now did it?

Are you saying things in 2006 are exactly like they were in 1991?

The legal team takes care of most of the stuff?

I asked you, what makes you the expert on how this works? Care to enlighten all of us? Please!

What makes you the guy on the board who knows what can and can't be done regarding GN'R?

This thread seems to be yet another one of your attacks on the band.

As for the videos director. I find it hard to believe the first video is going to be some huge production like a nov rain type video esp since the label is in the hole for 14m on this album. You think they will want to throw 5m in for one video, or just so something simple and cost efficent? Plus the old gnr made videos while they were touring, and that was hundreds of shows, this band just has to do four.

You find it hard to believe?

You know absolutely nothing about the video. Nothing!

But yet you make all kinds of assumptions about it.

They could spend a week shooting the band. You don't know.

/jarmo

Jarmo, what makes you an expert on how it works? You claim that about me but you dont know either. I am just going by how things work for gnr before UYI and how things works for every other band. You really dont have a point since I gave you a legit example of how they did it in 1991 and you just toss that aside. It proves not matter how many examples you get , you are just not going to accept any as evidence.

As for this thread being an attack on the band, how do you figure? If you were missing one of the shows I bet you would be upset. But I guess those fans dont matter right?

And I know just as much about the video as you do, but of course you claim it will take a long time. Again I am going by how gnr did videos when they were on tour during teh UYI era and how that never was a factor before.

Again more evidence and an example that ?you just toss aside.

If I am wrong I am wrong, but its a legit question.
No matter what you want to claim.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 05:58:38 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 05:57:37 PM »

does anyone know what "negotiations" need to be made between GnR and the record label?  are they negotiating money, or how the album will be released or what songs are on the final release?  I know nothing about the record biz...does anyone know what these "negotiations" usually entail?

I would be curious to know the answer to that also...if true.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 05:58:53 PM »

Okay, Dave, what about this:

They're doing it just in case. ?They want to make sure that the album's done and delievered to the label. ?What if they DON'T get it in by the 6th, and Axl needs to do more work on it or they need to add some little things or something?

Then those shows that they would have played would get in the way of recording and finalizing the album.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 05:59:59 PM »

They're doing it just in case. ?They want to make sure that the album's done and delievered to the label. ?What if they DON'T get it in by the 6th, and Axl needs to do more work on it or they need to add some little things or something?

Then those shows that they would have played would get in the way of recording and finalizing the album.

That is a fair answer and you did it with out attacking me or claim I am hating on the band. That is all I was looking for. I wish more people could discuss this topic with out all the extra BS. thank you for a good reply

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

Promoting the album; interviews, photoshoots, letting annoying interviewers suck up to you, endorsements, shooting videos, meetings, travelling from place to place...

You know, all the things that take little to no time at all.

Roll Eyes

How do you know how much money the label has spent on this album dave? I didn't know you were GN'R's accountant.

I think there is plenty of evidence by now that says this album cost 13 millions to record. ?You don't have to be GNR's accountant for that. ?Just do a little research. ?I'm not siding with dave here but it seems that some of you will attack anything he says.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 06:03:52 PM »

Jarmo, what makes you an expert on how it works? You claim that about me but you dont know either. I am just going by how things work for gnr before UYI and how things works for every other band. You really dont have a point since I gave you a legit example of how they did it in 1991 and you just toss that aside. It proves not matter how many examples you get , you are just not going to accept any as evidence.

I never claimed to be the expert, that's why you don't see me posting stuff like "they already filmed live shots they can use".

You use 1991 as an example. Things have changed....

They didn't tour for "The Spaghetti Incident?". See, that proves you can't tour when releasing an album. Right?

As for this thread being an attack on the band, how do you figure? If you were missing one of the shows I bet you would be upset. But I guess those fans dont matter right?

I've missed shows already.

Are you one of them Dave?

And I know just as much about the video as you do, but of course you claim it will take a long time. Again I am going by how gnr did videos when they were on tour during teh UYI era and how that never was a factor before.

Again more evidence and an example that  you just toss aside.

No Dave, you just assume things are like in 1991 and you know very well they aren't.

In 1991 GN'R were on the brink of becoming the biggest band in the world. They didn't need the same amount of promotion as they do in 2007 when most kids are more into My Chemical Romance than GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »

I never claimed to be the expert, that's why you don't see me posting stuff like "they already filmed live shots they can use".

You use 1991 as an example. Things have changed....

They didn't tour for "The Spaghetti Incident?". See, that proves you can't tour when releasing an album. Right?

I've missed shows already.

Are you one of them Dave?

Again more evidence and an example that? you just toss aside.

No Dave, you just assume things are like in 1991 and you know very well they aren't.

In 1991 GN'R were on the brink of becoming the biggest band in the world. They didn't need the same amount of promotion as they do in 2007 when most kids are more into My Chemical Romance than GN'R.

/jarmo

jarmo they taped most of the shows on this tour
so why wouldnt or couldnt they use that footage?
And that is called an IDEA of what the first video could
We are not allowed to have an option what the first video might be?
You dont pull ths shit calling peope experts when they say Better is goign to be the first? single
now do you? No because you have a personal problem with me that is why
other people in the past have said the first video for better might just be live shots
and you never once made that claim about them
but you did here with me
grow up

Yes you missed shows, but? you had other shows to go to. I am sure most of the people that got tix to the jan shows just got to one show and now it will be zero, big difference

Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 06:10:20 PM »

That is a fair answer and you did it with out attacking me or claim I am hating on the band. That is all I was looking for. I wish more people could discuss this topic with out all the extra BS. thank you for a good reply

Yeah!  beer
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 06:11:56 PM »

If you were missing one of the shows I bet you would be upset. But I guess those fans dont matter right?

I am one of the people missing a show because if this, and yes, when I first heard, on the radio, that this was canceled, I was upset. However, the Dj's forgot to mention WHY they were canceled. So when I got home, I read the nice surprise from Axl. I was no longer upset. In fact, I was VERY pleased with what AXL had to say. This thread seems to me to have exactly the same attitude you had in the admin thread.....so it seems this is all just another attention getting thread.

Axl is God.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »

Promoting the album; interviews, photoshoots, letting annoying interviewers suck up to you, endorsements, shooting videos, meetings, travelling from place to place...

Roll Eyes

How do you know how much money the label has spent on this album dave? I didn't know you were GN'R's accountant.

Like I said 4 shows would not get in the way of that. The old gnr with UYI were able to do all of that with a huge world tour. As for the 14m price tag, you know that is how much has been reported dont even try to deny it.

How the hell do you know what will or will not interfere in their plans to release the album on schedule? You don't so stop acting like you do. This is one of the things we were talking about in the other thread earlier, your spreading bullshit around.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »

Roll Eyes

Like I said 4 shows would not get in the way of that. The old gnr with UYI were able to do all of that with a huge world tour. As for the 14m price tag, you know that is how much has been reported dont even try to deny it.

How the hell do you know what will or will not interfere in their plans to release the album on schedule? You don't so stop acting like you do. This is one of the things we were talking about in the other thread earlier, your spreading bullshit around.

Because it never got in the way in the past and it does not get in the way over other bands who tour and make videos at the same time.? So that is why I ask why would it get in the way now. That is why I said QUESTION. Its looking for an answer. I wil ask you the same question. How do you knwo it would get in the way. You talk like it would but in fact you dont. So  you areand jarmo are doing teh same thing you asuse me of doing  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 06:16:52 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006, 06:16:12 PM »

How would doing the 4 shows in Jan set the band back with the album?

In that ?Axl? letter it said they have to have the album in EIGHT WEEKS before the release date to make the target date. If that is true that means CD has to be into the label by Jan 6th to make the march 6th release date, well those cancelled shows in Jan fall AFTER that target date and wouldn?t affect them getting the album done would it? So it makes no sense they cant do those shows because the album would already be finished and into the label by the time they happened.

Dude, don't worry about it.  It's not your CD to hand over to the label is it???

odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

I dont know why you are attacking Dave Jarmo, seems to me you are after him today?
Why do you insult your boardmembers like that. I have followed Dave and yours little fight today and I really dont like the way you (and Beta) have acted today.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 06:17:22 PM »

I think the simple, fair and enforceable answer is that nobody is allowed to post anything other than verifiable fact. ?

That way it's much easier for the mods and members alike. ?No more speculation, no more rumours and no more need for personal attacks.

We can have a Q&A with Beta if she's willing and we can discuss the actual facts around what we know. ? We don't KNOW for sure what's happening with the video and too many are incapable of discussing it in an adult fashion.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 06:17:34 PM »

If you were missing one of the shows I bet you would be upset. But I guess those fans dont matter right?

I am one of the people missing a show because if this, and yes, when I first heard, on the radio, that this was canceled, I was upset. However, the Dj's forgot to mention WHY they were canceled. So when I got home, I read the nice surprise from Axl. I was no longer upset. In fact, I was VERY pleased with what AXL had to say. This thread seems to me to have exactly the same attitude you had in the admin thread.....so it seems this is all just another attention getting thread.

Aren't all posts attention getting posts?

You bring up something interesting. ?with how the DJ's didn't say why. ?"When Axl says a release date it will be HUGE!" is something I think many thought. ?Probably a lot of posts like that this past year. ?Axl posted a release date, even if it was tenative, and uh, nothing's different. ?Story here and there. ?But just your standard copy-paste summary of the letters and the "we won't beleive it until we see it'. ?I'm sure it'll pop BIG for the single, though =)
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »

Right but only a small percent of the people that read the boards even know about the release date and why the show was cancelled. You forget that? And how is an attention thread? Its just a thread asking a legit question

Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2006, 06:18:49 PM »

We can have a Q&A with Beta if she's willing and we can discuss the actual facts around what we know. ? We don't KNOW for sure what's happening with the video and too many are incapable of discussing it in an adult fashion.

That's... an awesome idea. ?

The tour diary would be have been awesome too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: