Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  question about the cancelled dates in jan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: question about the cancelled dates in jan  (Read 16297 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: December 17, 2006, 05:12:25 PM »

How would doing the 4 shows in Jan set the band back with the album?

In that ?Axl? letter it said they have to have the album in EIGHT WEEKS before the release date to make the target date. If that is true that means CD has to be into the label by Jan 6th to make the march 6th release date, well those cancelled shows in Jan fall AFTER that target date and wouldn?t affect them getting the album done would it? So it makes no sense they cant do those shows because the album would already be finished and into the label by the time they happened.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:17:48 PM »

In that ?Axl? letter it said they have to have the album in EIGHT WEEKS before the release date to make the target date. If that is true that means CD has to be into the label by Jan 6th to make the march 6th release date, well those cancelled shows in Jan fall AFTER that target date and wouldn?t affect them getting the album done would it? So it makes no sense they cant do those shows because the album would already be finished and into the label by the time they happened.

"approximately 8 weeks "

So i guess that these days are very importent if they are gonna make it to the mars 6:th.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »

when axl hands the record to the record company, the negotiations will start. merck states in his later, that axl has to deliver, before any further actions will be taken...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 05:20:43 PM »

a video? Roll Eyes

A video could be done in a week or even a day and any time in feb to meet the march release date

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »

a video  Roll Eyes

A video could be done in a week or even a day and any time in feb to meet the march release date

that REALLY depends on the production of this video. if its a video like NR or Estranged then theres no damn way itd be done and ready to be out as a single in 1 week.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »

a video? Roll Eyes

that REALLY depends on the production of this video. if its a video like NR or Estranged then theres no damn way itd be done and ready to be out as a single in 1 week.

If the video is going to be better like most people around here think that is the first single then 90% of the video is done because t hey have all the video for teh live shots.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »

Do you know what goes on after the album has been handed over to the record company?

I'm curious since you claim there's nothing stopping them from playing the shows.

If the video is going to be better like most people around here think that is the first single then 90% of the video is done because t hey have all the video for teh live shots.

And who made you the video's director since you're now chosing what footage will be used in the video?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »

well those cancelled shows in Jan fall AFTER that target date and wouldn?t affect them getting the album done would it?

Yeah, I'm sure there's nothing to do once the album is handed over. Guess they'll all just be kicking back at home in their bathrobes, drinking mint julips and whipping the houseboy.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:43 PM »

who says it will be live shots?!
and live shots are corny. it sucks. leave that for bon jovi. GNR should try to push the envelope.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 05:29:10 PM »

Do you know what goes on after the album has been handed over to the record company?

I'm curious since you claim there's nothing stopping them from playing the shows.

And who made you the video's director since you're now chosing what footage will be used in the video?

/jarmo

the legal team takes care most of the stuff that goes on after the album is handed it. The old gnr found a way to play shows after the UYI was ?handed in, or did you forget that? They did not have to stop touring now did it?

As for the videos director. I find it hard to believe the first video is going to be some huge production like a nov rain type video esp since the label is in the hole for 14m on this album. You think they will want to throw 5m in for one video, or just so something simple and cost efficent? Plus the old gnr made videos while they were touring, and that was hundreds of shows, this band just has to do four.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 05:31:21 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 05:30:04 PM »

Promoting the album; interviews, photoshoots, letting annoying interviewers suck up to you, endorsements, shooting videos, meetings, travelling from place to place...

You know, all the things that take little to no time at all.

Roll Eyes

How do you know how much money the label has spent on this album dave? I didn't know you were GN'R's accountant.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 05:31:04 PM »

I guess the band has to find the muse at least for a couple of days before the record is done, right?

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »

Promoting the album; interviews, photoshoots, letting annoying interviewers suck up to you, endorsements, shooting videos, meetings, travelling from place to place...

Roll Eyes

How do you know how much money the label has spent on this album dave? I didn't know you were GN'R's accountant.

Like I said 4 shows would not get in the way of that. The old gnr with UYI were able to do all of that with a huge world tour. As for the 14m price tag, you know that is how much has been reported dont even try to deny it.

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 05:33:38 PM »

the video for st anger (metallica) was shot at san qeutin in 2 days max.With the band in LA for a week , anything is possiable , plus using live footage shots
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 05:35:51 PM »

Roll Eyes

Like I said 4 shows would not get in the way of that. The old gnr with UYI were able to do all of that with a huge world tour. As for the 14m price tag, you know that is how much has been reported dont even try to deny it.

He can cancel all the shows he wants if it means CD will be ready March 6.

Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »

Like I said on ChiDem.com, if the work spills over a week, better to be safe than sorry.
conjurer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 05:39:27 PM »

does anyone know what "negotiations" need to be made between GnR and the record label?  are they negotiating money, or how the album will be released or what songs are on the final release?  I know nothing about the record biz...does anyone know what these "negotiations" usually entail?
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »

6th March is a tentative date.... they could need one week more in January to work out some details, so they took free that week to be sure... the album could be out March 13th for example

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »

Why over analyze this point?  First the first time ever Axl feels comfortable with a specific release date.  Whether we get it Mar. 6 or a month later, its coming very soon.  Chill out.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
sandman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »

i agree with dave. something isn't right.

we don't know everything, so if they HAVE to cancel those shows, fine.

but it seems like they are quick to just toss shows out the window, which i think is poor. cancelling shows is a big deal, and i think should be avoided at all costs. ?

the four shows are within one week. so push the tentative date back to march 13, or just say "march". an extra week or two won't hurt as much as feeling fucked if you were planning on going to any of those shows.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: