Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:12:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  can someone validate if this is true for me.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: can someone validate if this is true for me.  (Read 4103 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« on: December 17, 2006, 04:34:25 PM »

shops can no longer advertise something as a christmas sale in england because muslims moaned it was offensive? (i heard this, is it true)

as in "IKEA 50% CHRISTMAS SALE" type ad.

html sucks
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »

With all the things I've been hearing about that little conflict I wouldn't be surprised.

gnrevolution.com
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:42:43 PM »

Yes, isn't it now a "holiday sale"?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 04:43:27 PM »

Yes, isn't it now a "holiday sale"?
so they did change it to acustom muslims protests?

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »

i think if they dare to they can still say "christmas sale" but they are afraid of getting sued or wanna be political correct or something, just like most public people don't say happy christmas they say happy holidays if ya know what i mean
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 04:52:59 PM »

if it is true. i think its disguisting.

Its our country, not theres, they come here then they should be prepared to live how we live, they have all there temples built for them they cant moan, yet we cant do our own traditions/religious celebration.

html sucks
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 04:54:28 PM »

Its our country, not theres, they come here then they should be prepared to live how we live, they have all there temples built for them they cant moan, yet we cant do our own traditions/religious celebration.

agreed  ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:45:34 PM »

yeah i think so too, like here in sweden they (most of the immigrants) don't follow our rules but if we would come to their counrty and live there they would force us to live by there rules and stuff..

i aint racist (if someone was going to call me that) or anything but that's the way it is no
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 06:11:22 PM »

It's not for a country to change for immigrants but to immigrants to adapt to the country they were let in.

Nothing to say
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 06:16:22 PM »

It's not for a country to change for immigrants but to immigrants to adapt to the country they were let in.

so basically. they should get used to how things are run round here and not get everything changed for them?

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 06:22:01 PM »

most of the time they don't do that at all
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »

so basically. they should get used to how things are run round here and not get everything changed for them?

Yes, they come to a mainly protestant country, fully knowing it is and knowing the country has the possibility to offer  a brighter future to them and family. That should be enough.

Nothing to say
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 06:37:01 PM »

Yes, they come to a mainly protestant country, fully knowing it is and knowing the country has the possibility to offer  a brighter future to them and family. That should be enough.

They piss me off. They are killing english culture and they know it.

html sucks
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:26 PM »

Stand up and do something about it.  Be vocal about it.  There's plenty of people that will call you racist because they can't provide an intelligent counter argument to what you're doing.  I strongly oppose letting hispanics invade America and refusing to adapt and change to our culture and our language.  If people are scared to take a stand, then you are tacitly consenting to their takeover and refusal to assimilate.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 06:52:20 PM »

Yes, they come to a mainly protestant country, fully knowing it is and knowing the country has the possibility to offer? a brighter future to them and family. That should be enough.

that's not only in england, it's happening in sweden and most of the other countries that let them in, they should be grateful and adapt but they have no respect but they expect respect
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »

It's not banned but alot of companies do it to appease religious minorities.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

it doesn't appease them, the old adage is right, give a hand, they'll take an arm.

What's appeasing, just like when you raise a kid, is to give barriers and say no, it's healthy.

Basically, if no one says no, things will escalade and so will violence and " tantrums".

Nothing to say
Hysteron
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »

Nonsense.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

you got it pretty much spot on man.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 11:04:18 PM »

This went on last year as well here in America. Even some schools here aren't allowed to call it Christmas and I know of some that have completely banned CHRISTMAS songs from schools.  When I was young we would always have a Christmas concert of some sort and sing songs for our parents or whatever, but now I don't think some schools are even allowing that. 

And yes the whole "Holiday Sale" instead of saying anything about Christmas is how I've been seeing it all year in advertisements.  Why would people actually get that offended by it to the point of them protesting it??  That's so fucking stupid.  I'm sorry but the majority of people in this country celebrate Christmas and because there are more and more people of other religions moving here doesn't mean we should change everything. It's fucking stupid if you ask me.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: