Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228108 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dec 15th - Oakland ,California @ Oakland Oracle [setlists/discussion & reviews]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dec 15th - Oakland ,California @ Oakland Oracle [setlists/discussion & reviews]  (Read 41259 times)
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2006, 12:16:13 PM »

holy shit, they went on at 12 fucking 30?

i hope they aren't that late for the 19th show.  I mean, i won't care, because i know the show will be great, but thats an hour after Baz finishes, right?

that is not late for Gnr , why do people keep saying that ?

That is late for them, only in Ames and Oakland now have they gone after midnight on this leg of the tour.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »

I don't like Lars for many, many reasons. rant

That's my God-given right to decide who I like or, dislike. yes

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of my decision because, I don't give a shit. beer

I'm entitled to my opinion and I also don't like your obvious dig, at someone that I do like and respect. rant
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2006, 12:33:26 PM »

I don't like Lars for many, many reasons. rant

That's my God-given right to decide who I like or, dislike. yes

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of my decision because, I don't give a shit. beer

I'm entitled to my opinion and I also don't like your obvious dig, at someone that I do like and respect. rant

It's not a insult
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2006, 12:34:58 PM »

Wow. no

Can't say anything around here anymore can we? Lips Sealed
Chief
Legend

« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2006, 01:06:26 PM »

Thanks for the reviews, hope to hear more details esp. about the backstage thing.

I can't Wait till tomorrow's show!!!!!!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »

im not a fan of lars as an individual, but he's still a great drummer and to hear him play with gnr must have been something else. Shocked

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Chief
Legend

« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »

Has Lars ever jammed with GNR besides for that RIP magazine party thing?

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

man what a great show. they let us in at 7 and waited till 8 when the girls opened and did their thing. People were still coming in while they did their show and ended about 8:40 or something like that. Then another 20 minutes or so helmet opened. they were very weak in my opinion. After that another 25 minutes or so Bach opened and got people pumped up. I was standing on the floor and people were pushing and shit, it was fucking annoying but the thing that sucked was that i took my dad and I could tell he was getting really tired. Bach ended around 11:50 i think then the lights came on and security said it was gonna take about an hour till gnr starts but i still stayed at the same spot until gnr started around 12:30. While waiting for gnr fights were starting to happen in diffrent spots of the crowd which made me think a riot was gonna start ,then the show started .The show was great , ppl went nuts when lars showed up for out ta get me. all members were great, it was a cool show, nothing new but the songs were played very well and it looked like axl had fun. bach mentioned the return of GAK and i thought they were gonna play hair of the dog ,:( the only thing that really sucked was that the show ended up really late, around 2:40 . everybody on the floor had been standing up for about 6 and half hours and when everybody walked out we were walking like zombies because the back of our knees were numb.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2006, 02:45:33 PM »

It's cool that Lars came on stage!.

that means that they are still friends,? ?Who knows, a small change of Metallica/gnr tour in the future

that would be sweet!!!   beer

thanks for the updates, everyone!

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »

A couple of things I remember:

-When I said Axl had monitor problems, I meant his in ear monitor.  He ripped it out early in "Welcome to the Jungle".

-I would say the arena was about 2/3rds full, although it's hard to say exactly because a lot of people came late and a lot left during GN'R's set.

-I thought "Better" sounded great last night/this morning.  A true classic in the making.

-While I like Frank's energy and enthusiasm, I prefer Brain on drums, without being able to put my finger on exactly why right now.

-Axl said very, very little to the crowd.  He made a comment about being in the heart, or middle, of his Raider Nation, then he looked up at Dizzy and said "how do you like that?", knowing that Dizzy is a Broncos fan.  Axl also wished everyone a good night and a safe trip home after the final bow, which Lars was a part of.

That's about it for now.  If I remember anything else, I'll let everyone know.

Ali
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2006, 02:56:50 PM »

Any pics / you tubes of Axl / Lars?

Here today...ready to rock
Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »

Okay, so I am not gonna go step by step through it, I wil just say a few things.

-Bumblefoot has officially arrived. When I saw them in SF he was virtually non existant. He did the first solo, WTTJ, and was by far the most prolific guatarist of the night. Finck had his moments, and Fortus was his energetic self, but Axl has officially incorporated shredding into the set, and bumblefoot was on fire.

-Back to the show, Axl did not arrive until 12:04 am. By then there were three fights in the previous 15 minutes, and people were resltless, but by the time the lights went out, all was forgiven. Axl was in great form, the band was energetic, and he just did not lose it the whole show.

-Obviously they fired the sound guy or he is sober now, because there were NO sound problems, every song was clear and Axl could be heard in every song. In SF on 9/20 it was off and on. Big improvement.

-Axl seems to be having more fun singing the new songs than the old standards. His voice was epic, and he did not go "helium" once that can recall, he just dropped the high notes a few octaves and shorterned the noted and just executed them perfectly.
He seems to have elarned his limits.

-Best songs, Better, the Blues, WTTJ (due to Bumbles Solo), Nighttrain (energy), and Live and let Die.

-It was cool to see Lars play Out to Get Me. This really did show how much better the band can and will be when Brain comes back. Frank is okay, but is just not there im my opinion.

-The Solos were great, but if you are gonna start at midnight, you gotta cut em short, he ran over 2/1/2 hours and that is late due to the energy.

-Axl had definitly changed his attitude. During the set up, the roadies must have retaped the front corners of the stage two-three times, and sure enough, in the middle of Its So Easy, Axl went down ass over tea kettle flat on his back. Instead of getting up, cussing out the roadies or getting pissed, he cracked a smile, kept on singing and moved on. I was scared for like 10 seconds, but all was okay, thank god. It pumped up the crowd, we knew we were in for a helluva night.

-Pyro was great, and not overdone.

-I was a but dissapointed duing intros that pitman got no love *crickets chirping* but I like his flexible keyboard stand, wierd but cool.

-I am sure I am missing something, but I dont want to go on forever. I am tired. I now can kind of sympathize with some of the frustrated fans without the album because after seeing such a tremendous show, it does seem like this could have been something huge, and it is frustrating to see Axl play in front of 10-12k instead of a packed house. And the way the show was, he could have been HUGE with proper promotion and an album. So I get that.

-I apologize to all helmet fans for previous negative comments, they were really tight, and much better live. I rally enjoyed them.

-SG are okay, but I would rather have Axl out 45 min earlier.

Negatives

-Baz sucks, that is all there is to it, he just screams and if I just dont want to see Ron Jeremy playing lead guitar, and Frodo on bass.

-KoHD is a bit lame.  I have to be honest, that song with that little bit of a reggae touch is just wrong somehow.

-Finck solo a but messy, and superfluous.

Overall this show was better than SF, and I can see in just a few shows since SF that Axl is spreading the wealth, all three guitar players had a solos in November Rain, Again Bumble was the best. This is really a complete band now, and not once did I wonder where the other guys were. It is just another kind of band. The identity is there. They are no longer a cover band like in 2002. They are serious, and I am so glad bucket is gone.

The best way I can describe it is a rock n roll orchestra doing a rock opera, and they have arrived. I never held out much hope for them to be much more popular than they are now , but with the right promotion, this could be fucking huge, I sincerely believe that. though I dont know if they will ever do it right?

For the record, the new songs were my favorite part, because the band seemed to embrace them more.

Sorry for the typos, I am tired.

p.s. My son had a great time, and that made the evening perfect.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2006, 04:34:17 PM »

Thanks for the reviews!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2006, 04:34:55 PM »

Thanks gunzen, great review!!!

wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2006, 04:38:48 PM »

Okay, so I am not gonna go step by step through it, I wil just say a few things.

-Bumblefoot has officially arrived. When I saw them in SF he was virtually non existant. He did the first solo, WTTJ, and was by far the most prolific guatarist of the night. Finck had his moments, and Fortus was his energetic self, but Axl has officially incorporated shredding into the set, and bumblefoot was on fire.

-Back to the show, Axl did not arrive until 12:04 am. By then there were three fights in the previous 15 minutes, and people were resltless, but by the time the lights went out, all was forgiven. Axl was in great form, the band was energetic, and he just did not lose it the whole show.

-Obviously they fired the sound guy or he is sober now, because there were NO sound problems, every song was clear and Axl could be heard in every song. In SF on 9/20 it was off and on. Big improvement.

-Axl seems to be having more fun singing the new songs than the old standards. His voice was epic, and he did not go "helium" once that can recall, he just dropped the high notes a few octaves and shorterned the noted and just executed them perfectly.
He seems to have elarned his limits.

-Best songs, Better, the Blues, WTTJ (due to Bumbles Solo), Nighttrain (energy), and Live and let Die.

-It was cool to see Lars play Out to Get Me. This really did show how much better the band can and will be when Brain comes back. Frank is okay, but is just not there im my opinion.

-The Solos were great, but if you are gonna start at midnight, you gotta cut em short, he ran over 2/1/2 hours and that is late due to the energy.

-Axl had definitly changed his attitude. During the set up, the roadies must have retaped the front corners of the stage two-three times, and sure enough, in the middle of Its So Easy, Axl went down ass over tea kettle flat on his back. Instead of getting up, cussing out the roadies or getting pissed, he cracked a smile, kept on singing and moved on. I was scared for like 10 seconds, but all was okay, thank god. It pumped up the crowd, we knew we were in for a helluva night.

-Pyro was great, and not overdone.

-I was a but dissapointed duing intros that pitman got no love *crickets chirping* but I like his flexible keyboard stand, wierd but cool.

-I am sure I am missing something, but I dont want to go on forever. I am tired. I now can kind of sympathize with some of the frustrated fans without the album because after seeing such a tremendous show, it does seem like this could have been something huge, and it is frustrating to see Axl play in front of 10-12k instead of a packed house. And the way the show was, he could have been HUGE with proper promotion and an album. So I get that.

-I apologize to all helmet fans for previous negative comments, they were really tight, and much better live. I rally enjoyed them.

-SG are okay, but I would rather have Axl out 45 min earlier.

Negatives

-Baz sucks, that is all there is to it, he just screams and if I just dont want to see Ron Jeremy playing lead guitar, and Frodo on bass.

-KoHD is a bit lame.  I have to be honest, that song with that little bit of a reggae touch is just wrong somehow.

-Finck solo a but messy, and superfluous.

Overall this show was better than SF, and I can see in just a few shows since SF that Axl is spreading the wealth, all three guitar players had a solos in November Rain, Again Bumble was the best. This is really a complete band now, and not once did I wonder where the other guys were. It is just another kind of band. The identity is there. They are no longer a cover band like in 2002. They are serious, and I am so glad bucket is gone.

The best way I can describe it is a rock n roll orchestra doing a rock opera, and they have arrived. I never held out much hope for them to be much more popular than they are now , but with the right promotion, this could be fucking huge, I sincerely believe that. though I dont know if they will ever do it right?

For the record, the new songs were my favorite part, because the band seemed to embrace them more.

Sorry for the typos, I am tired.

p.s. My son had a great time, and that made the evening perfect.

That was a killer review with a nice San Francisco touch...fuck I miss that city and seein' GNR there....I saw the SF show on the 21st and to see "GUNS N' ROSES' on the marquee at the Warfield was so special....this band kicks fuckin' ass and I cannot wait until March for it to start again....ROUND 3!
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2006, 05:06:44 PM »

I don't feel like copying/pasting, so here is my review if anyone is interested.
http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1442&start=20

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Chief
Legend

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2006, 05:16:44 PM »

Thanks for the review.. glad to hear that you talked to Ron, i hope to meet him!!

I don't feel like copying/pasting, so here is my review if anyone is interested.

Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2006, 05:26:19 PM »

holy shit, they went on at 12 fucking 30?

i hope they aren't that late for the 19th show.? I mean, i won't care, because i know the show will be great, but thats an hour after Baz finishes, right?

that is not late for Gnr , why do people keep saying that ?

That is late for them, only in Ames and Oakland now have they gone after midnight on this leg of the tour.

they went on at exactly 12:04 a.m. dont know where 12 :30 came from
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 05:28:40 PM by Gunzen » Logged
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2006, 05:40:27 PM »

Cools story and pics!
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2006, 05:57:27 PM »

Durring it's so ez,

did he fall on 'see me hit you, you fall down' or before.  woulda been funny to change the line to 'see me run right, i fell down, ow'
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: