Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dec 10th - Everett, WA @ Everett Events Center [discussion]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dec 10th - Everett, WA @ Everett Events Center [discussion]  (Read 9122 times)
ChinDem04
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 12:35:42 PM »

does anyone have a setlist? Regardless of how unchanged it was from previous shows?
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »

THX for the review.Setlist ?

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 03:08:03 PM »

Awesome Show!  I will give you a little review of the things that I saw that you don't always here about when reading a review.  I will first post the songs that they played.  And besides the beginning and the end, I'm have no idea what the order was, but this is close.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Better
Sweet Child O'Mine
Knockin On Heavens Door
The Blues
Out Ta Get Me
Used To Love Her
Rocket Queen
I.R.S
You Could Be Mine
My Michelle (with Bach)
November Rain
Patience
Nightrain

Encore..

Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Paradise City

They also had solo's for Dizzy, Richard, Robin, and Bumblefoot.

Ok, some things that I want to talk about that you normally don't get from a review.

Sebastian was very enteraining.  He got the crowd really going.  Put on a great show!  My buddy was actually making fun of him before the show, but came out of it saying "Sebastian really surprised me, that was awesome!"

Secondly, you can really tell that they are prolonging the stage setup and opening acts to time in with GNR's start time of 11:30pm.  I've been to a GNR show in the past where the lights go down, and you still wait 40 minutes.  Last night, Sebastian got done around 10:45 and the stage-crew didn't turn off all the lights until around 11:30.  Only a minute or two later, GNR hit the stage.  I think this is good because people don't get all pissy.  If people see the lights go out, they then expect a show.  Therefor, if you just prolong everything, people know there not coming on yet.  Plus, word seams to be getting around that GNR won't hit the stage until atleast 11:30.  I heard a lot of people mentioning that before the show.

Third, I thought the new songs got a really good reaction.  You can't expect people to hear something they have never heard before and be jumping all around.  I was both up front and also in the back sitting down for the show, and saw good reaction.  When I was sitting, just about everyone around me showed there appreciation (by clapping) for the new stuff, it was good to see.

Fourth, people have complained in the past about people leaving the show early.  I'm not going to say this didn't happen, because I saw a lot of people leave while I was sitting.  However, the people that were leaving were stoked.  I heard people walking out saying "wow, what a show", or "that was awesome"  The reason isn't because people think the show sucks, it's that people leave a Guns show because it's so late and they have jobs to go to the next morning.  Yeah, there are always a few people who don't like the show, but the majority of people last night were really into it.         

Fifth, I thought the new songs that were played were played a hundred times better when I have seen them in the past.  I personally love "Better" when I listen to it in my car, or house.  But LIVE, I have to say I.R.S, and Chinese Democracy were very fuckin impressive.  People around me started to head bang on those songs and really got into it.  For their encore, they opened with Democracy in a way that I've never seen them.  Robin stood upper middle stage and shared an opening riff similar to Welcome To The Jungle.  It obviously wasn't the riff of WTTJ, but the it reminded me of it.  People really liked that intro.

Lastly, I want to say that I think this album is very close to being released.  I say that because of how they played there new songs last night, and 5 at that.  Yeah, Axl may not say anything on stage about how "this is a new song on Chinese Democracy", but the way they presented there new stuff last night, and the way they played it, that's promotion right there!  During CD for example...Robin starting off with an awesome riff to get everyone going, Chinese pictures on the big screen in the back, flames going up behind stage during the whole song!  People knew it was new stuff, and new stuff that wasn't too fuckin bad, if you know what I mean.

It was a great concert and especially for the regualar fan.  What I mean by that is ofcourse, us true die hards have been getting pretty much the same setlist for ever now, and know the new GNR like the back of our hand.  However, the regular fan doesn't.  They go to a GNR show to listen to songs like November Rain, Paradise City, Patience, etc., and that's what they get.  They also get GNR introducing 5 new songs to fans off their forthcoming album.  For me, like I said earlier, I went back and sat down for much of the concert.  That wasn't because I didn't enjoy, but because I wanted a different view.  I have seen them plenty over the past years and wanted to get a different perspective.  What i saw were people really enjoying what they were watching and hearing comments like "Axl's back" or "that was awesome", and seeing people get excited and say "look at him go", while he was running from one end of the stage to the other.  We all know Axl's style and what he does or used to do.  It's nice to see people getting a chance to see it again.  We as die hards obviously want more all the time, but what we have to remember is that we are the minority.  Don't worry, the regular fan is having a blast!     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »

thanks for your review damnthehaters

for the last sentence: i`m probably as die hard as it gets when it comes to gnr, but i had a blast at the 2 concerts i went to as well. the people who are bitching are the people, who sit in front of their pcs and are waiting for prostitute to be played, while gnr kick ass live. those people should go to an actual show instead of commenting on live shows they never saw....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 03:23:40 PM »

Wow, nice review! Cool that you have seen them other times so you could have a new viewing perspective this time. And pretty cool what you said about the average  fan.

Must have been an awesome show!

Vicente

"all that anger, all that anger"
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 03:41:07 PM »

great reviews guys, glad to hear you had fun!
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »

Thanks for the review Damnthehaters. ok Probably one of the best reviews i've read. When guns come to OZ I will be buying tickets to all their shows because I want to get the to see the show from a few different views/perspectives also.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »

Thanks for the reviews msaxl43, damnthehaters.

Nice to know that new songs are getting good response on the spot. and that those who unfortunately have to leave the place before the show is over also look very pleased with what they've seen/heard there.

Guess people are ready for the democracy. yes
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »

Awesome Show!  I will give you a little review of the things that I saw that you don't always here about when reading a review.  I will first post the songs that they played.  And besides the beginning and the end, I'm have no idea what the order was, but this is close.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Better
Sweet Child O'Mine
Knockin On Heavens Door
The Blues
Out Ta Get Me
Used To Love Her
Rocket Queen
I.R.S
You Could Be Mine
My Michelle (with Bach)
November Rain
Patience
Nightrain

Encore..

Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Paradise City

They also had solo's for Dizzy, Richard, Robin, and Bumblefoot.

Ok, some things that I want to talk about that you normally don't get from a review.

Sebastian was very enteraining.  He got the crowd really going.  Put on a great show!  My buddy was actually making fun of him before the show, but came out of it saying "Sebastian really surprised me, that was awesome!"

Secondly, you can really tell that they are prolonging the stage setup and opening acts to time in with GNR's start time of 11:30pm.  I've been to a GNR show in the past where the lights go down, and you still wait 40 minutes.  Last night, Sebastian got done around 10:45 and the stage-crew didn't turn off all the lights until around 11:30.  Only a minute or two later, GNR hit the stage.  I think this is good because people don't get all pissy.  If people see the lights go out, they then expect a show.  Therefor, if you just prolong everything, people know there not coming on yet.  Plus, word seams to be getting around that GNR won't hit the stage until atleast 11:30.  I heard a lot of people mentioning that before the show.

Third, I thought the new songs got a really good reaction.  You can't expect people to hear something they have never heard before and be jumping all around.  I was both up front and also in the back sitting down for the show, and saw good reaction.  When I was sitting, just about everyone around me showed there appreciation (by clapping) for the new stuff, it was good to see.

Fourth, people have complained in the past about people leaving the show early.  I'm not going to say this didn't happen, because I saw a lot of people leave while I was sitting.  However, the people that were leaving were stoked.  I heard people walking out saying "wow, what a show", or "that was awesome"  The reason isn't because people think the show sucks, it's that people leave a Guns show because it's so late and they have jobs to go to the next morning.  Yeah, there are always a few people who don't like the show, but the majority of people last night were really into it.         

Fifth, I thought the new songs that were played were played a hundred times better when I have seen them in the past.  I personally love "Better" when I listen to it in my car, or house.  But LIVE, I have to say I.R.S, and Chinese Democracy were very fuckin impressive.  People around me started to head bang on those songs and really got into it.  For their encore, they opened with Democracy in a way that I've never seen them.  Robin stood upper middle stage and shared an opening riff similar to Welcome To The Jungle.  It obviously wasn't the riff of WTTJ, but the it reminded me of it.  People really liked that intro.

Lastly, I want to say that I think this album is very close to being released.  I say that because of how they played there new songs last night, and 5 at that.  Yeah, Axl may not say anything on stage about how "this is a new song on Chinese Democracy", but the way they presented there new stuff last night, and the way they played it, that's promotion right there!  During CD for example...Robin starting off with an awesome riff to get everyone going, Chinese pictures on the big screen in the back, flames going up behind stage during the whole song!  People knew it was new stuff, and new stuff that wasn't too fuckin bad, if you know what I mean.

It was a great concert and especially for the regualar fan.  What I mean by that is ofcourse, us true die hards have been getting pretty much the same setlist for ever now, and know the new GNR like the back of our hand.  However, the regular fan doesn't.  They go to a GNR show to listen to songs like November Rain, Paradise City, Patience, etc., and that's what they get.  They also get GNR introducing 5 new songs to fans off their forthcoming album.  For me, like I said earlier, I went back and sat down for much of the concert.  That wasn't because I didn't enjoy, but because I wanted a different view.  I have seen them plenty over the past years and wanted to get a different perspective.  What i saw were people really enjoying what they were watching and hearing comments like "Axl's back" or "that was awesome", and seeing people get excited and say "look at him go", while he was running from one end of the stage to the other.  We all know Axl's style and what he does or used to do.  It's nice to see people getting a chance to see it again.  We as die hards obviously want more all the time, but what we have to remember is that we are the minority.  Don't worry, the regular fan is having a blast!     
Awesome review dude! And I agree about that one of the diehards wanting more,that?s fucking true,once you?re there you want more and more and more.And when PC is being played you are like...shit, that?s the end  Cry

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 05:39:31 PM »

great review damn the haters, i love the perspective you put on there!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 07:09:17 PM »

How many were in attendance?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »

Some people Smiley
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2006, 07:55:36 PM »

great review thanks for posting  yes

Some people Smiley

were there really?  Grin
hunterwh
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2006, 08:05:43 PM »

Last night was a great show.
I had a blast. This was even better than the Tacoma 02 show I saw.
Looking forward to the Rose Garden tonight.
The Suicide Girls were awesome.
Helmet and Bach I could have done without.

rumpshaker1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 08:13:54 PM »

My wife and I thought the show was great.  We went to see them at the Warfield in September, which we enjoyed more just based on the venue.  I would only say the arena was at most 2/3 rds full,  and half full by the end.  Axl seemed to get stronger as the night went on ,  and was as good as he was in San Fransisco .  I don't know if anyone else noticed this but I thought Bumblefoot is playing a bigger part in the band now.  He was on fire last night.  Frank was really good last night.  The only person I didn't think was better then the last time was Robin.  I mean he was good but he was the one playing the big parts the last time,  I barely noticed him this time.   The crowd was good last night, but the thing I noticed where I was sitting was that the people leaving seemed to be 45 year old women , stuck in the eighties that just simply couldn't keep up all night.  There were also these 5 or 6 losers from Abbotsford in front of me whining all night because one of their girlfriends got kicked out for smoking.  He keep trying to get her back by telling the security his mommy worked for customs and he was going to give her the guys number on his yellow jacket.   What a little bitch.  I don't plan on going to anymore of there shows until the new album comes out,  but you never know.  Unless they come to Vancouver , which I doubt.  My favorites of the night was Better and out ta get me.
rumpshaker1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »

Last night was a great show.
I had a blast. This was even better than the Tacoma 02 show I saw.
Looking forward to the Rose Garden tonight.
The Suicide Girls were awesome.
Helmet and Bach I could have done without.

Suicide Girls sucked unless your a twelve year old who hasn't see boobs before.
Helmet did suck
Bach was awesome
hunterwh
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2006, 08:17:20 PM »

Bach is a great entertainer. It's just that everything he does is from 1988. His act is the same. I like his energy though. I'm not trying to insult him.
Suicide Girls are cool though.

rumpshaker1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »

Bach is a great entertainer. It's just that everything he does is from 1988. His act is the same. I like his energy though. I'm not trying to insult him.
Suicide Girls are cool though.
The only cool part of the suicide girls was the one that did that part with the hula hoop,  other then that....
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2006, 09:12:11 PM »

That was a really good review Damnthehaters, I agree with you. ?Sorry to all that my review was so brief, was tired this morning!! ?Last night was my third time seeing Guns in the last 6 months, it's so true, each time everything is so much closer to reaching it's perfection, I seriously don't how much room for perfection there is left. ?Last night I finally realized how much I loved "Better", and it was also the best performance of the song I had yet to see. ?I have so far been a fan of "The Blues", needless to say every song last night touched me hardcore down deep, the whole 21/2 hours I was in world where no one could reach me. As mentioned above, I think everyone in attendance aged from basically around 10 to mid 60's enjoyed the show fully, I did not hear any comments in regards to old band, nothing being thrown at band members, so I think everyone was really respecting the fact they were seeing GNR again. ?Axl seemed in a very good mood, and was very energetic for just being so sick, he spared nothing when It came to his performance last night. ?I also would like to say that I wasn't really so much of fan of the solo's at my last 2 concerts, but last night they all also took me to a new level. ?Bumblefoot had on his new hat, I saw Axl walk past him him then heard Axl say "nice wig Ron, with a chuckle. ?One thing that was missing was getting together and meeting some of you before the show, I guess it has become one of my missions when I go to a show, so that was definately a little different for me this time around but life goes on, hope yu guys had as great a time as I did. Since I did not come home with any souviniers such as a mike or its stand, or a Paradise City whistle, ?caught a bunch of confetti at the end of the show and brought it home in my ciggy cellophane, to glue into my scrap book. ?I can't really think of anything else to say, to those of you show-goers out there, well you know what we experienced last night, so with that said....

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »

This band is hypnotic.

Just got back into Portland from Everett and wanted to give a quick review.   I saw the Tacoma 02 show and this is like a whole new band.  I was in a trance for the whole 2 and a half hours they were on stage.  There is so much movement from everyone.  I thought Robin matched Axl in charisma last night and he was a focal point for me for a bunch of the show.  Every band member was really into it.  Tommy was bobbing his head like crazy and put on a red and white Sonics jersey for the oncore with Stinson on the back and the number 06.  Bumblefoot sounded great and loved his second solo on Better before the middle heavy part.  He did something a little different that sounded cool.  It was nice to hear RQ and OTGM.  My Michelle was great and it was cool to hear Axl's and Sebastian's voices bounce off each other and Axl seemed to dig extra deep on this one.  But the highlights for me were the new songs (the best performance of IRS I've ever heard) and the piano moving jams which kept the momentum of the show going and left me wanting more.  Robin's solo was another highlight.  He played in a slower emotional way with lots of bended held notes interspersed with a little shreding and razor slashing riffs.  Dizzy and Frank backed him up on his solo at midway through the end and then he started into SCOM.  I liked how he played his solo before SCOM as it established him with the audience as being really powerful on guitar and earned the right to play that iconic riff.

Richard and Robin played "Angel" by Hendrix for their solo.  It looks like they've dropped "Beautiful" for now.  Madagascar sounded better than I'd ever heard it.  Richard owned this song with his powerful "wah" solo over the MLK part.  I can't wait to hear more new material from this band.  I understand the need to give the fans the staples from Appetite and the Illusions but this band has progressed beyond those songs and they truly shine on the new material.  Great show and I'm heading to the Rose Garden in a few hours.  I'll give another review tonight when I get back.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: