Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think Axl & Baz write together or will?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think Axl & Baz write together or will?  (Read 13091 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2006, 07:46:42 PM »

Why not just bring in Vince Neil and Brett Michaels too? That should sweeten things up on CD. Roll Eyes

The last thing GN'R needs is washed up 80s influences.

so axl should take himself off the cd??? hihi

jk.. but ya, Baz is heavy metal.. bret michaels is glam/pop-metal.. so dont compare them hihi

I compare them for their mediocricy, not their style.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
guns_n_motley
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »

Why not just bring in Vince Neil and Brett Michaels too? That should sweeten things up on CD. Roll Eyes

jk.. but ya, Baz is heavy metal.. bret michaels is glam/pop-metal.. so dont compare them hihi

Bach is in NO way mediocre.. the man has one of the best voices in rock ever.. with great range..

I like you Poloxxum your a good kid..  ok but I must disagree witth you!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2006, 07:49:09 PM »

I'm putting on my flame-proof gear here, but I think Bach has a better "metal" voice than Axl.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2006, 07:50:24 PM »

Bach is in NO way mediocre.. the man has one of the best voices in rock ever.. with great range..

I like you Poloxxum your a good kid..? ok but I must disagree witth you!

There's no doubt about the voice. Songwriting on the other hand, that I never felt went beyond good normal rock. Nothing against Skid Row, but GN'R is in a league of their own.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2006, 07:50:49 PM »

I'm putting on my flame-proof gear here, but I think Bach has a better "metal" voice than Axl.

We're not talking voice here.

Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2006, 08:18:35 PM »

How is Bach a washout from the 80s but Axl is not? You know, a lot of people would say Axl is a washed-up 80s star. Critics certainly will when CD comes out. You know those shots are coming.

I don't care about other people. Axl is a real musician with genuine music. That's the difference. Baz never went beyond standarised 80s rock. How can one even compare GN'R with nobodies like Skid Row? GN'R should be compared to Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and the likes of those.

. Skid Row was the first Heavy Metal/Hard Rock band to debut #1 on Bill board Charts
There first 2 CDs received rave reviews. There 3rd CD Subhuman Race was Much Heavier & Darker than it's
predecessors but also showed a band that was not really wanting to record with each other.

Many feel Sub was a head of it's Time some just did not like it.
Sebastian co wrote 4 out of the 11 songs on the CD.  Sebastian & Axl should work together
It makes sense For them to work together.
Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

I like Axl always have always will but against Sebastian in singing he falls short.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2006, 08:22:54 PM »

How is Bach a washout from the 80s but Axl is not? You know, a lot of people would say Axl is a washed-up 80s star. Critics certainly will when CD comes out. You know those shots are coming.

I don't care about other people. Axl is a real musician with genuine music. That's the difference. Baz never went beyond standarised 80s rock. How can one even compare GN'R with nobodies like Skid Row? GN'R should be compared to Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and the likes of those.

. Skid Row was the first Heavy Metal/Hard Rock band to debut #1 on Bill board Charts
There first 2 CDs received rave reviews. There 3rd CD Subhuman Race was Much Heavier & Darker than it's
predecessors but also showed a band that was not really wanting to record with each other.

Sebastian co wrote 4 out of the 11 songs on the CD.? Sebastian & Axl should work together

Britney Spears has also debuted on #1.

I don't care about charts. Baz and Axl does not fit in terms of writing, that's my stance.

Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2006, 08:33:27 PM »

Sebastian co wrote 4 out of the 11 songs on the CD.? Sebastian & Axl should work together

Britney Spears has also debuted on #1.

I don't care about charts. Baz and Axl does not fit in terms of writing, that's my stance.

I don't know anything about B Spears,Welcome to the jungel fits with
Yoth gone wild. But ok Sebastian did not write that song.

Sebastian has a much Heavyer edge than Axl but If they did a Ballad it would work.

Wasted Time & Noveber Rain are a great match & yes Sebastian wrote the words to Wasted Time.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:56:42 PM by Acekicken » Logged
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 11:16:01 AM »

When Slave made number 1 it was a different market than today. Back then, record sales ruled the roost. To get a number 1 album, you had to be good and sell a lot of records. Nowadays, the record plays second fiddle to touring revenue because of the popularity of downloading and the fact that almost everybody has access to a CD burner. It used to be that a tour promoted an album... now an album promotes a tour.

That said... Slave to the grind did cheat a little... The album was not going to be stocked in many US retailers thankls to the Tipper Gore demonisation of rock music. Get the Fuck Out was not a popular song title with these retailers, so Skid Row released 2 versions - the second version contained Beggars Day instead of the more offensive alternative. I wonder how many albums they would have sold if the second version didn't contain a song that was not available anywhere else? Many fans purchased both versions, so the sales figures were inflated somewhat.

Finally, any person who thinks Skid Row are a standardised 80's band have not listened to Subhuman Race. The critics loved the album. Some of their older fans did not like the direction it had taken the band, but a lot of new fans may well have been attracted to them had it not been for grunge coming along and spoiling the party.

Skid Row (the album) can not be judged as a good example of their creativity. Sure, it was 80's cheese-rock, but that is what they were told to make. Bon Jovi signed and promoted them (and took a chuck of their royalties as well). When they played these songs live around the Subhuman Race tour (I saw it twice), you got a much better apprecitation for the 'real' Skid Row, and they were a much more mature band than people give them credit for.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »

if Axl and Baz decided to collaborate, we wouldnt see the record till the year 3036......in case you havent noticed Sebatian Bach has not put out 1 album yet since he has been out of Skid Row...just Bring em bach alive in 1999 and the majority of the songs on that were live Skid Row songs.....The only guy who puts out records less frequently than bach is.....well you know who......
Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 11:06:43 PM »

if Axl and Baz decided to collaborate, we wouldnt see the record till the year 3036......in case you havent noticed Sebatian Bach has not put out 1 album yet since he has been out of Skid Row...just Bring em bach alive in 1999 and the majority of the songs on that were live Skid Row songs.....The only guy who puts out records less frequently than bach is.....well you know who......

Thats not true.

There is The last hard men  recorded in 97
Bach 2 basic put out in 2001 While he was doing his broadway shows

Fame Shift 2 an Absence of Empathy which was voted the # 2
CD of 2005 by Metal Edge & #1 by Prog Metal internet fans votes.

His next CD is another Solo one called ANGEL DOWN Sebastian has kept very busy since his first singel in 1985 came out with the band Kid Wikkid.

Here is a list
1985 Kid Wikkid / "Maple Metal" / lp & cassette / Attic Records / "Take A Look At Me"/ Canada
1989 Skid Row / Skid Row / all formats / Atlantic Records
1989 Skid Row / 18 & Life / single / Atlantic Records / US & ? /
1989 Skid Row / "Stairway To Heaven - Highway To Hell - The Make A Difference CD "/ CD , LP, & Cassette / ? / "Holidays in the Sun " / Worldwide
1989 Skid Row / "Moscow Music Peace Festival " / DVD, VHS & Laserdisc / Elektra Home Video / ? / Worldwide
1990 Skid Row / " Oh Say, Can You Scream ?" / VHS & Laserdisc / A*Vision Home Video / all / Worldwide
1990 Motley Crue / "Dr. Feelgood" / CD ,Cassette, & LP / Elektra / "Time For Change" / Worldwide
1990 Ace Frehley / "Trouble Walkin'" / CD , Cassette, & LP / Megaforce Atlantic / "Trouble Walkin'" ,"Back To School", "Too Young To Die" / Worldwide
1991 Skid Row / Slave To The Grind (version with GET THE FUCK OUT ) / all formats / Atlantic Records
1991 Skid Row / Slave To The Grind (version with BEGGAR'S DAY ) / all formats / Atlantic Records
1992 Skid Row / Bside Ourselves / CD & Cassette / Atlantic Records / C'Mon & Love Me , What You're Doing , Little Wing, Delivering The Goods / Worldwide
1992  Lenny Kravitz / "Give Peace A Chance"/ CD Cassette & Vinyl Single / ? /- / Worldwide
1993 Skid Row / Roadkill / VHS & Laserdisc / A*Vision Home Video / Worldwide
1993 Skid Row / "No Frills Video" / VHS & Laserdisc / A*Vision Home Video / Worldwide
1993 Gwar / "Skullhead Face" / VHS / ? / - / US & ?
1993 Gwar / Skulhead Face / DVD
1993 Duff McKagan / "Believe In Me "/ CD, Cassette, & LP / Geffen / "Trouble" / Worldwide
1994 Various / Airheads / VHS / ? / Born to Raise Hell / NOT CREDITED / Worldwide
1994 Various / Airheads (WITH SUBTITLES) / VHS / ? / Born to Raise Hell / NOT CREDITED / Worldwide
1995 Skid Row / Subhuman Race / All formats / Atlantic Records / all songs / all countries
1995 Skid Row / "SUBHUMAN BEINGS ON TOUR !!!" / CD & Cassette / East West Records Japan / all / Japan
1995 Skid Row / "13 & LIVE " / CD / East West /  United Kingdom
1995 Skid Row / "The Prophecy" / Laserdisc & VHS / Mirimax Films / "Breakin' Down" / Worldwide 1996 VARIOUS / "Spacewalk : A Tribute to Ace Frehley / CD, Cassette, & LP / ? / "Rock Bottom, Take Me To The City" DOMESTIC VERSION / US

1996 Various / "Spacewalk : A Tribute to Ace Frehley / CD, Cassette, & LP / ? / "Rock Bottom", "Take Me To The City" , "Save Your Love" IMPORT VERSION / Japan & ?
1996 Various / "Working Man : A Tribute To Rush "/ CD & ? / Magna Carta / "Working Man " & "Jacob's Ladder"/ US , Japan & ?
1997 Ritchie Scarlett / "Wise Guy From New York " / CD & ? / Axis Records /"Sly Little Bitch" + / US + ?
1997 Various / "Stairway To Heaven : A Tribute To Led Zeppelin" / CD & ? / East West Records Japan / "Communication Breakdown " & "Immigrant Song" / Japan & ?/
1998 Various / "Thunderbolt : A Tribute To AC%DC " / CD & ? / ? / "TNT" , "Little Lover " / Worldwide
1998 Various / "Forever Mod : A Tribute To Rod Stewart" / CD & ? / DeRock / Tonight's The Night / Japan & ?
1998 Skid Row / 40 Seasons / CD & ? / Atlantic Records  / all songs DOMESTIC VERSION
1997 The Last Hard Men / " Scream" Movie Soundtrack / CD, Cassette, & LP / TVT Records / "School's Out" / Worldwide
1998 / 2000  Sebastian Bach & Friends / "BRING 'EM BACH ALIVE! / CD / Atlantic - eASTwEST Records / ALL / Japan / Asia /
2000 Various / Iron Maiden Tribute : Slave To The Power / CD / Meteor City / " Children Of The Damned " /
2000 Various /Randy Rhoads Tribute / CD / EastWest Japan / "I Don't Know", "Crazy Train", "Beleiver" / Japan /
2001 The Last Hard Men  / CD / Get Off My Bach Inc. / 7 songs out of 18 / web only /
2001 Sebastian Bach / BACH 2: BASICS / CD / Get Off My Bach Inc. / All / web only / 
2001 Various / TWISTED FOREVER : ATribute to TWISTED SISTER / CD / Koch Records / "You Can't Stop Rock'N'Roll" /
2001 The Last Hard Men / Spitfire Records / 7 songs / worlwide / in stores now
2002 Various / The Dream's In You / The Dream's In You /
2002 Anton Fig / Figments / "Know Where You Go" ( with Ace Frehley ) /
2004 Sebastian Bach / Forever Wild / DVD / EagleVision
2005 Sebastian Bach, Richard Greico, Angie Everheart / Point Doom / DVD
2005 Various / Subdivisions: A Tribute To The Music Of Rush / "Lakeside Park" & "Tom Sawyer" / Magna Carta
<>2005 Frameshift 2 / An Absence Of  Empathy / All / ProgRock Records 
2005 Gilmore Girls / Complete Fourth Season Box Set / DVD/ Warner Brothers Home Video
2005 Micheal Schenker Group/ Heavy Hitters / CD / "I Don't Live Today"/ Cleopatra Records
2005 Gilmore Girls / Complete Fifth Season Box Set / DVD / Warner Brothers Home Video
2005 Skid Row / Hi Five / Internet Album / Atlantic Rhino
2006 Various Artists / BANG YOUR HEAD Festival BEST OF / DVD / 'Youth Gone Wild' / Locomotive music
2006 Various Artists /BANG YOUR HEAD FESTIVAL 2005 10TH ANNIVERSARY DVD / Big Guns /
2006/Liberty & Justice/Soundtrack of soul CD/Another Nail/L&J Records.

yes ok yes ok yes ok yes ok

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2006, 11:49:22 PM »

let me rephrase what I said....Sebastian Bach has not recorded anything that anyone gives a shit about in 15 years...I love Bach, I have all of his cd's....and I will by Angel Down the minute it comes out....but lets get real...he is milkin the Skid Row songs...I dont blame him though,,,they are great songs and he deserves to play them whenever he wants because he WAS IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SKID ROW......without him they would have been shit...much like they are now
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »

S Bach, hasnt written anything worth wild in years.   I hope Axl stays away from him in the writting dept.

If you dont like me, blow me!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2006, 11:52:56 PM »

let me rephrase what I said....Sebastian Bach has not recorded anything that anyone gives a shit about in 15 years...I love Bach, I have all of his cd's....and I will by Angel Down the minute it comes out....but lets get real...he is milkin the Skid Row songs...I dont blame him though,,,they are great songs and he deserves to play them whenever he wants because he WAS IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SKID ROW......without him they would have been shit...much like they are now

Everything you said about Bach could be applied to Axl. So, why are you so hard on Bach?

GNR arguments are ripe with hypocrisy.

Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2006, 12:18:14 AM »

Everything you said about Bach could be applied to Axl. So, why are you so hard on Bach?

Great point 
Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2006, 12:20:20 AM »

S Bach, hasnt written anything worth wild in years.? ?I hope Axl stays away from him in the writting dept.

UM you should hear the song Another Nail that came out this year on the Liberty & Justice CD Soundtrack of Sould Another Nail is a Killer song co written by Bach 2006.

It a Heavy tune yes
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2006, 12:20:57 AM »

Great point?

I just don't understand why a GNR ally like Bach is trashed so much. Hell, he promotes GNR as much as he promotes his own stuff. He's a public cheerleader for GNR when there aren't that many of those. He even saved the show in Europe when Axl got sick and couldn't finish.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2006, 12:50:16 AM »

Great point?

I just don't understand why a GNR ally like Bach is trashed so much. Hell, he promotes GNR as much as he promotes his own stuff. He's a public cheerleader for GNR when there aren't that many of those. He even saved the show in Europe when Axl got sick and couldn't finish.

I've got nothing against those aspects. I just don't see him as a great musician. Good singer, not much else.

Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2006, 06:13:28 AM »

Great point?

I've got nothing against those aspects. I just don't see him as a great musician. Good singer, not much else.

Great Singer ,All so seems? to be in demand as an? Actor.

Point Doom
Final Rinse
Jeckyll n Hyde
Rocky Horror
Don't fear the reaper
Gilmore Girls 4 seasons
Traylor Park Boys

Plus he was the host of 4 Ever Wild,a part of Super Group,The documentary I married Sebastian Bach,Host of the top 40 Metal Tunes & Celeberty Duets.

Damn is there nothing this multi talented guy can? can not do?

IMO Wasted Time is the best Ballad Skid Row ever did.
In a darken room was grate as well.

I think the new one he wrote with Roy Z By your side
is at that level if not "BETTER"? than those above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKtMVu2Owg&eurl=

The song was written by Sebastian Bach & Roy Z

& will be out in 2007 on the Angel Down CD all Killer Tunes
on Sebastians up coming CD

1. Angel Down
2. American Metal Head
3. Always & Never The Same
4. Devils d?j? vu
5. Take You Down With Me
6. Beyond The Law
7. Ripped You Away
8. Gemini
9. Bring You Down.
10. Just cant tell
11. Walk away
12. Stuck inside
13. Weight of the world?
14. By your side.
15. Love is a BITCH SLAP!
16. You don't understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWOg5NVvFnY
"You Dont Understand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqHmHj6PkiI
Take you down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s90bDGCb_oI&mode=related&search=
stuck inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GU7SdnXGdM
american metalhead- cuts in and out though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKtMVu2Owg
by your side London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3k-5fumhfU
By your side live at MSG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkFNt3TGe8U
Bring Me down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPrMCFMN4iU&eurl=
American metalhead/the threat from Beijing pop festival.

smoking

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 06:45:58 AM by Acekicken » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: