Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think Axl & Baz write together or will?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think Axl & Baz write together or will?  (Read 13128 times)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 09:31:34 AM »

I hope not. Bach is a horrible songwriter. Most of Skid Row's songs were written by Snake Sabo and Rachel Bolan.

Look to his first solo album for examples of his "brilliant" songwriting: "I"ll Never Turn My Back On Rock N' Roll." Yeah, cool. Whatever man.  Roll Eyes

Oh yeah...Sweet Little Sister and Rattlesnake Shake are real classics Roll Eyes

People don't like Baz is one thing, but say that he's a bad songwriter is ridiculous! A man that can write songs like "Wasted Time", "Slave to the Grind" and "By Your Side" just CAN'T be a bad songwriter!!! Ok, he's not as good as Axl, but he's a great songwriter!!

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »

I hope not. Bach is a horrible songwriter. Most of Skid Row's songs were written by Snake Sabo and Rachel Bolan.

Look to his first solo album for examples of his "brilliant" songwriting: "I"ll Never Turn My Back On Rock N' Roll." Yeah, cool. Whatever man.  Roll Eyes

Oh yeah...Sweet Little Sister and Rattlesnake Shake are real classics Roll Eyes

People don't like Baz is one thing, but say that he's a bad songwriter is ridiculous! A man that can write songs like "Wasted Time", "Slave to the Grind" and "By Your Side" just CAN'T be a bad songwriter!!! Ok, he's not as good as Axl, but he's a great songwriter!!

I wanted to argue with you but you had to go and throw in "Wasted Time". That really is a great song.

I do know that one of the reasons he left Skids was because he wanted to write more and they wouldn't let him. On the other hand, their tunes without him have been TERRIBLE so who knows.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »

Baz has never been a good singwriter, he didn't even write that much in Skid Row, so I highly doubt it. Plus if Axl wanted to move on in his music, a Baz tinted song wouldn't be the best idea to be honest now would it.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2006, 06:51:21 PM »

Do you guys know why Sebastian Bach didn't write a lot with Skid Row? Have you guys ever seen that movie "Rockstar", that tells the history of a band called "Steel Dragon"? So...do you guys remember the reason why "Izzy" left the band? So...same reason!

EstrangedReality
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006, 06:53:54 PM »

Dear God, I hope not.

Baz is a cool guy and I admire the enthusiasm he shares for Guns N' Roses and Axl's work, but he is nowhere NEAR as musically talented as Axl - and his "has-been" status over the past ten years is proof of this.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2006, 07:06:34 PM »

Do you guys know why Sebastian Bach didn't write a lot with Skid Row? Have you guys ever seen that movie "Rockstar", that tells the history of a band called "Steel Dragon"? So...do you guys remember the reason why "Izzy" left the band? So...same reason!

do we have to solve a puzzle first, or will you just tell us

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2006, 07:20:40 PM »

Baz is a great vocalist and an amazing performer. Back in my youth, if I wasn't listening to GN'R I was listening to Skid Row... that said, his songwriting style is not GN'R and any collaboration with Baz would be out of place on a GN'R album.

Then again... a Duet for a B-Side might be welcome... or Axl writing with Baz for a Baz solo album Smiley
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2006, 07:48:44 PM »

do we have to solve a puzzle first, or will you just tell us

To make a long story short...the band was Rachel's band, Baz was not a member that started the band, so he just couldn't write a lot of lyrics because it was "Rachel's band"...there's a tv show - which name I forgot - where Maria(Baz's wife) said that she remember of spend some time in a room with Baz while Rachel and Dave were writing songs for the Subhuman Race album, baz couldn't help them out just because they didn't let him do it...so, if people are gonna claim that "Baz is a bad songwriter because he didn't write most of the skid row songs", well, there's the reason why he didn't write most of the songs!!!

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 09:10:00 PM »

That's his excuse for his timein Skid Row.? It's been 15 years since then.? With his amazing voice, if he could write a lick, he'd be a rock god like Axl today.? But because all he has is a voice with no song writing ability, he is who he is.? The 2 times I saw them this year, those 5 new songs by his band that he performed were horrible.? Maybe it will take a few listens, but on first impression they were generic cheese.

And AC/DC was certainly chessy in their own way, but they wrote music that will be with us forever folks.? They wrote anthems.? As a matter of fact, back in the day, GNR would crank up AC/DC before gigs to pump themselves up for shows.? To even utter BAz name in the same breath as Ac/DC is a crime against good taste.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »

ACTUALLY, Baz left skid row in 1995.. thats about 12 years... and from 1995-1999 NEITHER SIDE was allowed to record music...

one of the reasons baz left is because he wanted to write more music and the skids guys didnt want him too because they had a way of doing things..it was rachel, snakes, scottis band!!

to this day current skid row hates/doesnt play wasted time because "baz wrote most of it"
 Roll Eyes
Hysteron
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 03:27:29 PM »

I find it unlikely, there both in rock bands, but realistically they have different sounds, I have nothing against Bach, but after seeing them sing ?My Michelle? together, I hope not.

hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »

I think axl is too smart to let baz write anything with him for at least the next 5 years. He helped him enough with all of the exposure he has given baz recently
guns_n_motley
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »

I think axl is too smart to let baz write anything with him for at least the next 5 years. He helped him enough with all of the exposure he has given baz recently

Baz already HAS had alot of exposure in the past... And Hes good friends with axl.. is it not allowed for axl to have friends?? Roll Eyes

hell he scared most of the ones hes had away!!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 03:32:39 PM »

well baz wrote 5-6 lyrics for "slave to the grind",and i'm sure he have atelent for it
btw baz is the one of the greatest frontman for me,just look skid row performance at donington 1992 of "youth gonna wild"

btw he gave a badass in skid row atitude,but i don't talk about skid row because it was my second band

I have never seen so many tree
Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2006, 06:42:10 PM »

Wow I hat for this to be my first post but Im a facts not a fiction kind of guy.
Sebastian wrote most of the lyrics to the Songs Slave to the Grind ,Wasted Time
Fire Sign,Remains to be seen.

From his Solos CD that came out in 99 Counter Punch,Done Bleeding
& Never Turn my back on Rock n Roll.

New songs slated for Angel Down

Take you down with me,By your side love is a Bitch slap & Always & Never
the Same are great songs. Baz dose not write songs by him self since he dose not
play an Instrument to the level of his singing.

Other facts he was fired in 96 from Skid Row for treating to Kick Rachel Bolans
rear end, He has not really had time to do a Solo CD since the first one do to staring in Broad way
shows like Jekyly n Hyde Rocky Hoarer Musical,& In the biggest tour of his life Jesus Christ Super Star.
He was also in the Movies Don't Fear the reaper,Final rise ,Point Doom,hosted VH1 Shows like Forever Wild

He did find time in 2005 to record the Vocals for The Frame Shift 2 project an Absence of Empathy
which if you have not heard this CD you are truly missing out.

Sebastian & Axl in a calibration would be great.  ok

JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »

hopefully not..

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »

Why not just bring in Vince Neil and Brett Michaels too? That should sweeten things up on CD. Roll Eyes

The last thing GN'R needs is washed up 80s influences.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 07:41:59 PM »

Why not just bring in Vince Neil and Brett Michaels too? That should sweeten things up on CD. Roll Eyes

How is Bach a washout from the 80s but Axl is not? You know, a lot of people would say Axl is a washed-up 80s star. Critics certainly will when CD comes out. You know those shots are coming.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 07:42:23 PM »

so axl should take himself off the cd??? hihi

jk.. but ya, Baz is heavy metal.. bret michaels is glam/pop-metal.. so dont compare them hihi
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 07:46:01 PM »

How is Bach a washout from the 80s but Axl is not? You know, a lot of people would say Axl is a washed-up 80s star. Critics certainly will when CD comes out. You know those shots are coming.

I don't care about other people. Axl is a real musician with genuine music. That's the difference. Baz never went beyond standarised 80s rock. How can one even compare GN'R with nobodies like Skid Row? GN'R should be compared to Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and the likes of those.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: