Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think Axl & Baz write together or will?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think Axl & Baz write together or will?  (Read 13138 times)
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:27 PM »

i doubt that they will do any extensive writing together.. i'm a huge baz fan.. but he isn't the greatest song writer.. i think it would be cool to hear.. and a great move by bach to try to get axl to be on a track or two on his new album..

He did write the lyrics for skid rows song "Wasted Time" which is about steven adler

That is a great song!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 06:00:23 PM »

i doubt that they will do any extensive writing together.. i'm a huge baz fan.. but he isn't the greatest song writer.. i think it would be cool to hear.. and a great move by bach to try to get axl to be on a track or two on his new album..

He did write the lyrics for skid rows song "Wasted Time" which is about steven adler

That is a great song!

axl wrote the lyrics?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »

I'd like to see Sebastian Bach teach Axl Rose how to use Sonar or ProTools on a laptop like Sebastian was doing on Supergroup...

something Axl probably already knows enough about, but if he doesn't it could really help....
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 02:16:26 AM »

I really hope not, I also saw that supergroup writing session and it was horrible on bas's side.  His lyrics are prepubescent.  I believe one of his ideas was "I am the master, and I bring disaster..."  good one bas.  Bas is a fantastic singer and SR was a fun band, but c'mon Axl doesnt need his help.  If Axl wants help hes still friends with Izzy and I think Izzy is one of the best songwriters of all time.  But other than that, Tommys solo album was great, deep lines and good rhythms, I really think Tommy in many ways took Izzy's spot in the band. 
axlroselocke
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2006, 10:27:42 AM »

i really hope they don't, i mean i love baz, but he's not on a level that axl is with writing words, skid row was awesome but it wasn't him writing anything, maybe helping with a handful of songs in their three albums. axl is in or the only one writing awesome songs on ever album he's put out. so hopefully not
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »

If it's anything like "take it back", no thanks-Axl's writing is fine-Izzy always added a sense of humor, I thought,-(pretty tied up) that Axl should use

libertad
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 07:43:12 PM »

Love baz.... my favorite vocalist.. BUT he only contributed about 6-8 lyrics in skid row total Although 'by your side' is awesome. I can't see axl getting much out of writing with baz.... its like a pro cyclist teaching a 3 year old how to ride with training wheels.... axl is just in a much higher league than baz... love him though

darkened room, wasted time, are great tunes!

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2006, 08:06:46 PM »

I just want Baz to convince Axl to perform Nice Boys again, like they almost did at Inland Invasion. I got so excited when I heard Axl sing in reply to Baz's suggestion.

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 05:56:44 AM »

I'd like to see Sebastian Bach teach Axl Rose how to use Sonar or ProTools on a laptop like Sebastian was doing on Supergroup...

something Axl probably already knows enough about, but if he doesn't it could really help....
why do you think the album is taking so long?
Axl's windows keep crashing.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 06:48:47 AM »

God No Please!

Baz is a 1980's hair band joke guys.  I am always perplexed that people here think so highly of Baz just because he supports Axl.  I saw him play two shows with Guns this year and its embarrassing IMO (at least in 2006 anyway).  He's just way too cheesy for my taste.  It's embarrassing that he is the best GNR could find as support (actually Papa Roach was the best and they werre surprisingly good live IMO).  But now Baz is the main warmup act, embarrasing.

I'll give him this, he has a great voice.  But he obviously can't write a lick.  His old songs (unlike GNR's back catalogue), have faded into irrelevancy along with all the Warrant, Poison, Cinderella and Dokken songs out there.

I love that he's such a great supporter of Axl and nuGNR, but Axl should not associated himself so closely, musically, with him IMO.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 08:14:43 AM »

God No Please!

Baz is a 1980's hair band joke guys.? I am always perplexed that people here think so highly of Baz just because he supports Axl.? I saw him play two shows with Guns this year and its embarrassing IMO (at least in 2006 anyway).? He's just way too cheesy for my taste.? It's embarrassing that he is the best GNR could find as support (actually Papa Roach was the best and they werre surprisingly good live IMO).? But now Baz is the main warmup act, embarrasing.

I'll give him this, he has a great voice.? But he obviously can't write a lick.? His old songs (unlike GNR's back catalogue), have faded into irrelevancy along with all the Warrant, Poison, Cinderella and Dokken songs out there.

I love that he's such a great supporter of Axl and nuGNR, but Axl should not associated himself so closely, musically, with him IMO.

skid row was NEVER a hair band... they toured with Pantera and Soundgarden for fucks sakes!!

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 08:18:10 AM »

God No Please!

Baz is a 1980's hair band joke guys.? I am always perplexed that people here think so highly of Baz just because he supports Axl.? I saw him play two shows with Guns this year and its embarrassing IMO (at least in 2006 anyway).? He's just way too cheesy for my taste.? It's embarrassing that he is the best GNR could find as support (actually Papa Roach was the best and they werre surprisingly good live IMO).? But now Baz is the main warmup act, embarrasing.

I'll give him this, he has a great voice.? But he obviously can't write a lick.? His old songs (unlike GNR's back catalogue), have faded into irrelevancy along with all the Warrant, Poison, Cinderella and Dokken songs out there.

skid row was NEVER a hair band... they toured with Pantera and Soundgarden for fucks sakes!!

They also toured with Bon Jovi, had very long hair, and wrote a song called "Big Guns"

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
guns_n_motley
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 08:22:37 AM »

God No Please!

They also toured with Bon Jovi, had very long hair, and wrote a song called "Big Guns"

ya, for one album 2 years of their career.... and long hair has NOTHING to do with hairband...

and whats your point??? GNRs appetite had songs like "anything goes" that sounds pretty typical hairmetal to me..
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 08:33:44 AM »

God No Please!

ya, for one album 2 years of their career.... and long hair has NOTHING to do with hairband...

and whats your point??? GNRs appetite had songs like "anything goes" that sounds pretty typical hairmetal to me..

I'm not putting them down.  I like Skid Row.  But you said they were NEVER a hair band.  The truth of the matter is they were lumped in with the other hair bands when they first came out.  This is not a label I use personally.  Their first album had a harder edge then some other bands lumped in this category such as Poison.  However, their music was more similar when they started to Poison then Pantera.  Yes, Skid Row got progressively heavier with each of their next two albums and moved away from the hair band conotation.  I for one don't particularly like the hair band label as it dismisses any talent whatsoever. 

Sorry for taking this thread so off topic.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
guns_n_motley
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006, 08:37:39 AM »

God No Please!

I'm not putting them down.? I like Skid Row.? But you said they were NEVER a hair band.? The truth of the matter is they were lumped in with the other hair bands when they first came out.? This is not a label I use personally.? Their first album had a harder edge then some other bands lumped in this category such as Poison.? However, their music was more similar when they started to Poison then Pantera.? Yes, Skid Row got progressively heavier with each of their next two albums and moved away from the hair band conotation.? I for one don't particularly like the hair band label as it dismisses any talent whatsoever.?

Sorry for taking this thread so off topic.

I dont like the hairband label either.. At first really, I dismissed the whole Genre, but sometime around I came through and judged the bands by their music and not by their cover.... Fact is NONE of the bands really fit the label...

and bands like Ratt, Dokken, Skid Row, Cinderella etc. are just really good bands...

its a shame bands get dragged down because of a label and ignorant people who havent even heard the music and make generalizations.. Roll Eyes
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 12:46:16 PM »

and bands like Ratt, Dokken, Skid Row, Cinderella etc. are just really good bands...

Wow, that's precious.? You don't often see people refer to those bands are "really good bands".? You know why?? Because they weren't really good bands.? GNR is a really good band.? Nirvana was a really good band.? Sound Garden was a really good band.? Aerosmith is a really good band.? AC/DC was a really good band.? Ratt, Dokken, Skid Row, and Cinderella were a fad that wrote nothing of relevance...nothing that will stand the test of time.....nothing even close to song with the same impact as the other bands I mentioned.? And I grew up litening to the 80's hair bands.? Trust me, I know the lyrics to every hair band song ever written.? I listen to Hair Nation as my #1 preset on my Sirius.? But to call that music great is not even right.? It's cheesy and I use it for nostalgic purposes, not because I think Warrant was awesome.? There is a reason that style of music never made it...a reason why it is no longer imitated.

Do I like Baz personally, yes.? Do I want to see him collaborating with a rock god like Axl....please NO!!!!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:48:31 PM by Perfect Criminal » Logged
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »

I would love to hear someone argue how Nirvana is a better band than Skid Row.  Im guessing it would be something like "cause they sold more records and i mean theyre nirvana."  I mean the fact is Nirvana blows, they didnt create grunge they were just the poster boys the media was determined to back.  Soundgarden was a much better band and a better example of grunge.  Skid Row was a much more talented band on every instrument and I would love to hear someone argue that they werent because it would be nonsense.  If Baz wanted to he could offkey mumble every word to his songs, but he doesnt, Kurt Cobain never could have sung like Baz.  Hell im not that big of a Skid Row fan, but to say so matter of factly that nirvana was much better is nonsense.  People can like what they like and you might like Nirvana better than Skid Row, but that doesnt mean they are better, unless youre going by albums sold in which case I think that makes Jessica Simpson the best musician right now.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 01:14:11 PM »

Wow, that's precious.? You don't often see people refer to those bands are "really good bands".? You know why?? Because they weren't really good bands.? GNR is a really good band.? Nirvana was a really good band.? Sound Garden was a really good band.? Aerosmith is a really good band.? AC/DC was a really good band.? Ratt, Dokken, Skid Row, and Cinderella were a fad that wrote nothing of relevance...nothing that will stand the test of time.....nothing even close to song with the same impact as the other bands I mentioned.? And I grew up litening to the 80's hair bands.? Trust me, I know the lyrics to every hair band song ever written.? I listen to Hair Nation as my #1 preset on my Sirius.? But to call that music great is not even right.? It's cheesy and I use it for nostalgic purposes, not because I think Warrant was awesome.? There is a reason that style of music never made it...a reason why it is no longer imitated.

Do I like Baz personally, yes.? Do I want to see him collaborating with a rock god like Axl....please NO!!!!

and ac/dc wasnt cheesey as shit??? angus ran around in a fucking school boys outfit and they sang songs like "big balls"...

I dont see what your saying... people today say the same stuff about grunge.. that was cheesey as shit... dress like you just got out of bed, wear some wrinkled clothes, play horribly live because you have "feel" .

what makes Nirvana a better band that someone like Skid Row??? because media tells you so? because the media sucks Cobains cock like he was the second John Lennon or something?? he was a depressed man who couldnt play guitar for shit...

even Dave Grohl said in an interview he didnt like what Nirvana was all about...

and a fad??? Ratt sold 20million albums world wide, their heyday was from 1983-1992 similar to the other bands posted?? How long was grunge around?? about from 1991-1994.. 3 years... sounds like more of a fad to me...

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2006, 04:11:12 PM »

well did baz wrote "quicksand jesus"

one of my favor balads

I have never seen so many tree
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 08:52:16 AM »

i think it would be bad ass if they did i remember you together.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: