Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:05:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If there's a 2007 re-release/remaster of AFD - what do you want to be on it?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If there's a 2007 re-release/remaster of AFD - what do you want to be on it?  (Read 7548 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: December 13, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

AFD's 20th Anniversary is next year, and I think there's a good chance we'll see a remaster/re-release of it. So, for the sake of discussion and to get our minds off of CD for a while - what would you like to see on it?

- Complete album remastered
- Bonus Tracks: Shadow Of Your Love, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, Ain't Goin' Down, and any other unreleased/demo tracks that they feel like putting on there.
- Bonus DVD  of the '88 Ritz show.

Anything else?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »

It would be cool for a box-set or something like that. Comes with remastered AFD, DVD of their first show ever together, and DVD of the bands "best" show according to them. One that the old band can all agree on (if possible!) that was their best show to them.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:38:25 PM »

i want the AFD re-recorded tracks from the late 90s.  ok
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:39:35 PM »

Good call - I totally forgot all about that!  ok

olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:41:52 PM »

you can't fuck with AFD its classic and should remain as it is.- empahsis on period

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:10:14 PM »

AFD's 20th Anniversary is next year, and I think there's a good chance we'll see a remaster/re-release of it. So, for the sake of discussion and to get our minds off of CD for a while - what would you like to see on it?

- Bonus Tracks: Shadow Of Your Love, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, Ain't Goin' Down, and any other unreleased/demo tracks that they feel like putting on there.
- Bonus DVD? of the '88 Ritz show.

Anything else?

All the AFD filmclips that were released would be a nice addition too, including the rare It's So Easy promo.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »

Anything else?

All the AFD filmclips that were released would be a nice addition too, including the rare It's So Easy promo.

Good idea. Also, even if they didn't want to do that since Welcome To The Videos is still in print, just the "It's So Easy" video by itself would be a very cool addition as well.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »

you can't fuck with AFD its classic and should remain as it is.- empahsis on period

That's the one. Doesn't need to be remastered. Doesn't need bonus tracks. They can put a sticker on the outside that says "20th Anniversary," but AFD is a perfect album, period. It doesn't need bells n' whistles.
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »

thank you, the album revolutionized the time and they shouldn't fuck with that.

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 10:36:47 PM »

I don't think they should mess with the album.  If they were to include a second disc of bonus material, demos, outtakes, etc., that would be ok...but don't fuck with the greatest hard rock album of all time.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jamest
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:55 PM »

I think AFD is damn near perfect. If there is a 20th anniversary edition just throw on some bonus tracks. Crash Diet, Maybe the original You could be mine that was recorded at that time.

or....

Hopefully someone can back me up on this...I recall reading when Axl first got the reloaded GNR band going way back when. He had this line up rerecord all of AFD minus "I think about you" and replaced it with "You could be mine" and "Don't Cry". I remember reading this before 2002 because there were articles very specific to why he would do this. It was compared to Ozzy replacing certain musicians work on his old albums to cut them out of royalties. 
Let me walk a thin line here!!! I don't want to ever see the original AFD album out of print but, I would like to hear this REDUX version just to see if Axl "tweaked" anything and how it sounds different.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:43:30 PM by jamest » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 11:42:33 PM »

I think AFD is damn near perfect. If there is a 20th anniversary edition just throw on some bonus tracks. Crash Diet, Maybe the original You could be mine that was recorded at that time.

or....

Hopefully someone can back me up on this...I recall reading when Axl first got the reloaded GNR band going way back when. He had this line up rerecord all of AFD minus "I think about you" and replaced it with "You could be mine" and "Don't Cry". I remember reading this before 2002 because there were articles very specific to why he would do this. It was compared to Ozzy replacing certain musicians work on his old albums to cut them out of royalties. 
Let me walk a thin line hear!!! I don't want to ever see the original AFD album out of print but, I would like to hear this REDUX version just to see if Axl "tweaked" anything and how it sounds different.

It was "You Could Be Mine" and "Patience" if I remember correctly.

jamest
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »

Are you familiar with the rerecording of AFD?
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 11:53:59 PM »

- Bonus DVD? of the '88 Ritz show.

Anything else?

Hmm maybe it can come with a side disc called Chinese Democracy... oh wait we were supposed to get our minds off CD!? ?Seriously, I think AFD shouldn't be touched.? Leave it alone, it is a different line up and shouldn't be messed with.?

But I would like to hear the re-recorded AFD (even though I heard it live in concert, heh)? maybe release it on their website for downloading.? No profit being made off of it just for pure entertainment.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 12:18:24 AM »

I would like to hear the re-recorded versions from the late 90's...i really dug the end of Sweet Child from the credits at the end of Big Daddy....As far as old school songs, Shadow Of YOur love and Crash Diet would be cool
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 12:24:12 AM »

I'd like to hear re-recorded appetite but.... carreer suicide for axl.

plus the band has gotten much better since them with the addition of bucket/bumble, and fortus

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 01:14:08 AM »

They should leave AFD alone. rant

We want the new material. yes

You don't fix something if it's not broken and AFD isn't broken. beer
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 01:18:04 AM »

yes, i'll have all of that, that'd be sweet  beer

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 01:25:04 AM »

Me too. I like the old Appetite as it is, no reason to make a re-release. But it would be interesting to hear the new band playing it yes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
EFISH
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 01:27:46 AM »

i want the AFD re-recorded tracks from the late 90s.
Me too, I just don't want them to actually release it. It'd be one of the stupidest things Axl can do, but rest assured- I know he won't do that. I hope we get to hear them one day though, one way or the other.

They should leave AFD alone. rant

We want the new material. yes

You don't fix something if it's not broken and AFD isn't broken. beer
Exactally. I also think GNR are too busy with the tour and the new CD to wonder about that kind of stuff. Here's to hoping.  beer

I think a 20 year aniverery sticker as someone already mentioned will do.  yes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: