Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:21:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl comments on better what do you think he meant??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl comments on better what do you think he meant??  (Read 14272 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2006, 05:07:09 PM »

According to Jeff Boerio, a long time GN'R fan who owns the Dust N' Bones mailing list:

After Better, [Axl] said that he's learned that he's supposed to say things like 'that's a song from our forthcoming album.'
it means he is MOCKING us and those who say he never talks about the new songs...

Its a joke or a jab as you may see it.

You're right lol.  But I don't think it is for those who say he never talks about the new songs but for those who say he never mentions the cd.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2006, 05:09:30 PM »

okay lets test this out... axl, if you're reading this, use the word "doodoo" during the next show.  while we're at it, will you be my best friend?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2006, 05:11:57 PM »

Looks like its in the record companies hands.  I thought everything was Axl's decision, the silence, the hold-up, the money being poured into it, etc.  But I'm guessing there is some legal issues going on in using the GN'R name on a new album maybe??
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 05:18:27 PM »

Looks like its in the record companies hands.? I thought everything was Axl's decision, the silence, the hold-up, the money being poured into it, etc.? But I'm guessing there is some legal issues going on in using the GN'R name on a new album maybe??

Only time will tell, but we can only hope that time is shorter than longer. I hope to hear a lot about all this "behind the scenes" stuff, if that is what is going on.

Nonetheless, I can't wait!!!  ok

a.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »

According to Jeff Boerio, a long time GN'R fan who owns the Dust N' Bones mailing list:

After Better, [Axl] said that he's learned that he's supposed to say things like 'that's a song from our forthcoming album.'

Sounds like a good sign. Most artists DO do that... say shit like "This is our new song xxxxxxx from our forthcoming album"....

Not GN'R though (until last night apparently).. most people have no clue what the songs are or where they're from...

So I view this as a good sign. Sounds like people are overreacting though

gnrevolution.com
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »

Looks like its in the record companies hands.? I thought everything was Axl's decision, the silence, the hold-up, the money being poured into it, etc.? But I'm guessing there is some legal issues going on in using the GN'R name on a new album maybe??

i disagree. why would there be any legal issues using the gnr name? If they can use it everywhere else, ie. tour, rolling stone, every other article in any type of medium that has been in the media...and so on, then there would be no hold up on when the album comes out, as far as that point is concerned. 
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »

Sounds like a good sign. Most artists DO do that... say shit like "This is our new song xxxxxxx from our forthcoming album"....

Not GN'R though (until last night apparently).. most people have no clue what the songs are or where they're from...

oh god, jack, you're missing the whole fuckin point.  he was mocking ppl on the boards.  it's not like he literally just learned that he should say that.  He was making a joke.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 06:17:10 PM »

oh god, jack, you're missing the whole fuckin point.  he was mocking ppl on the boards.  it's not like he literally just learned that he should say that.  He was making a joke.

Lol did I really?

While I was typing it.. I was kinda like "maybe I should read into why people seem pissed.."

hihi

My bad. I wasn't trying to be an Axl defender

gnrevolution.com
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 06:19:44 PM »

I dont think he said "we arent supposed to talk about" I think he said  " there are things I am supposed to talk about like "this is a song from our forthcoming album"    He was just telling the audience that "better" was in CD.
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 08:46:49 PM »

I dont think he said "we arent supposed to talk about" I think he said? " there are things I am supposed to talk about like "this is a song from our forthcoming album"? ? He was just telling the audience that "better" was in CD.

first off he told all the downloading motherfuckers the song was from CD at the broadcast of the inland invasion, and second by this time you'd think he wouldn't need to inform the crowd it was a new song...come on Roll Eyes
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 09:08:56 PM »

I think it was a jab at that Kaneda dude over at mygnr. He's been bitchin' for months that Axl never introduces the new songs or mentions the new album at concerts. Now he can shut up about that.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 09:14:49 PM »

okay lets test this out... axl, if you're reading this, use the word "doodoo" during the next show.? while we're at it, will you be my best friend?

For some reason this cracked me up.   hihi  I guess there's just something about "doodoo" that is and always will be funny to me.   hihi

As far as the original question ("Axl comments on better what do you think he meant??"), I take it at face value: "Better" is a song off of GNR's forthcoming album.

<shrugs>

<leaves>
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 09:16:45 PM »

I think he was takin a shot at jarmo for not letting us discuss certain things and to all of us who have bitched about the censorship hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Z
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 09:27:17 PM »

Actually..........I think it is because the record label wants him to start saying things like that to start "promoting" the album.

I'm sure the delay has more to do with Axl and the record compnay involved in some sort of dispute.

Axl was bitching about the lack of support record companies give old bands.  I'm sure its Axl's way or no way.
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2006, 06:15:23 AM »

okay lets test this out... axl, if you're reading this, use the word "doodoo" during the next show.  while we're at it, will you be my best friend?
You've got me worried now..

Imagine the next show: first the band will jodel for 2 hours and then Axl will say "doodoo" instead of goodnight  hihi

I don't think he meant much with his comment on Better. Worst case scenario I think would be if he's fighting the record company and CD will be pushed back.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2006, 09:06:22 AM »

Actually..........I think it is because the record label wants him to start saying things like that to start "promoting" the album.

No, you're being mocked, which is funny because it means Axl thinks that jerking his fans around is his idea of a funny joke.

*shrugs

It is what it is, we'll always have the leaks, the Boston promo and the minute and a half of static that everyone swears is a studio version of the Blues.
ChinDem04
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2006, 03:42:54 PM »

what minute and a half of static that is the blues??
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »

I think he was making a joke of himself by introducing the song - he never has done that. Also, record companies are bullshit - how many rock stars have publicly complained about record companies ripping them off, taking most of the earnings, and limiting their creative ability, not to mention the bullshit they have to put up with. Most recording artists would rather create their own label then deal with the fuckers at record companies. It is not an easy life in the music business. People get ripped every day.

I still think what I originally thought - Axl will tour with these guys, decides if he likes them, get into the studio as it seems he does like the guys, and we'll have a disc next year with a new tour. I really don't think he is touring just to bring in some cash - he knows he will look like a fool if a new disc isn't released.

I wonder why Axl hasn't started his own record label? Does he need the backing of a record company?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

I think he meant it as a joke  yes

and i love those little jokes! beer
Axl love

shit happens when you party naked
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »