Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl comments on better what do you think he meant??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl comments on better what do you think he meant??  (Read 14276 times)
gnfnr2006
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 01:03:10 PM »

I think it was Axls way of commenting on everyone complaining about the fact that he never says anything about the new songs.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »

I cant believe this topic has a second page. You guys analyze to deep into the dumbest shit.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

At least he talked about the album.

Still no hope for 06 though.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mofo91105
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »

I think we should dig Sigmund Freud up out of his grave...I think he would be able to tell us what Axl really meant hihi

Regardless, this is vintage Axl dropping lines that he knows will get people talking and speculating, which he thrives on. I rule out 2006, and even the first quarter of 2007. The CD itself would get lost in the Christmas season if they rushed it out at this time. While spending power is high at this time, I think it would be better to release it at a time when a big deal can be made of it, because it will need all of the publicity it can get, not a front page ad in a Best Buy circular with a 4973498573 inch Flat Screen TV for $8.97.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 01:34:11 PM »

I cant believe this topic has a second page. You guys analyze to deep into the dumbest shit.

If he said it last month, this thread would be on page 20 by now.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

At least he talked about the album.

Still no hope for 06 though.

its not coming out in 06.. thats a definite I think...

As long as it comes out within the next 3-4months ill be happy yes first quarter of 07
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 02:19:54 PM »

Yeah I was the one that relayed Axl's comments from the Portland show.  I was straining like hell to hear every word so I could bring you guys some kind of info.....
But he was definitely smiling the whole time he was talking about it.  I'm not sure who told him not to talk about it.  One possibility is Universal told him not to mention the album any more so that:

A.  People may forget all that talk about an '06 release (yeah right!)

or

B.  They're planning some kinda mass promotion for a rapid end-of-year release.

Ya never know.......

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 04:03:36 PM »

I was at the show last night and I could have swore that he said "and I guess I'm supposed to say, that was a song on our forthcoming album".

I think he just said that because people have been bitching that he doesn't say anything at all.

that's my take

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »

^ that sounds about right

axl...you little message board reader, you   hihi

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

^ that sounds about right

axl...you little message board reader, you? ?hihi

hihi  if you think about it, if there was a message board about you out there talking about your every move, it would be hard not to read.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »

Can you imagine hundreds of people talking about you 24/7 nervous

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 04:28:27 PM »

I think It is coming SOON, very soon actually.... I mean fact is GNR probably doesnt even know when its going to come out right now..

once you hand the master to the record company there is ALOT of stuff that has to be worked out... Im sure the goal all along was to get it out during the U.S. tour, maybe it still is (remember there are dates in Janruary.) but something happened, or Universal Couldnt meet that deadline...it wasnt universals deadline, only axl/merck... Universal has their own agenda..

It was onnly a wishful thinking deadline...IMO

fact is, This isnt 2002, and it looks like GNR is in for the long haul. they are already scheduling dates far into next year... Chinese democracy is coming..
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 04:34:25 PM »

I was told that the chinese democratic party sued the band for the album title copyright...
someone call merck1!1one!!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »

According to Jeff Boerio, a long time GN'R fan who owns the Dust N' Bones mailing list:

After Better, [Axl] said that he's learned that he's supposed to say things like 'that's a song from our forthcoming album.'

turboflutter
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 04:44:54 PM »

Guys, I think it has been the plan all along to stay silent and then drop the album without warning. Maybe the plan all along was to release it on December 19th? Axl did say all year that it would be out "late fall" and i believe fall ends the 20th. If so, shit should leak out later this week or the weekend, maybe release the single on Monday. Yea, i know i'm an optimist.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 04:52:10 PM »

According to Jeff Boerio, a long time GN'R fan who owns the Dust N' Bones mailing list:

After Better, [Axl] said that he's learned that he's supposed to say things like 'that's a song from our forthcoming album.'

as long as axl said something about album, and forthcoming, fine with me hihi
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »

We read WAY too much into everything...like the people on here who think that, because he hadn't mentioned the album in concert, it hasn't been recorded and will never arrive... no

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 04:56:33 PM »

it means he is MOCKING us and those who say he never talks about the new songs...

Its a joke or a jab as you may see it.
estranged.1098
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 05:00:06 PM »

It's great that Axl is having fun with all of this.

Roll Eyes
gnfnr2006
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 05:03:35 PM »

it means he is MOCKING us and those who say he never talks about the new songs...

Its a joke or a jab as you may see it.

Thats exactly what it is! We know Axl and or Beta read what we say and it was not only a joke, but I think an honest attempt to please us. We really cant expect him to start introducing every song ! but that was a start.? Hell- If I was the singer and was playing several tracks that had been leaked for months, I think I would be slightly dissapointed to have to introduce the songs to the fans. But I guess if we had CD- he wouldnt have to introduce them !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: