Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A message from Ron
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A message from Ron  (Read 12060 times)
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »

I hope and think that the letter is for real but wtf is this:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=103339802&blogID=200843368&MyToken=4b91e729-8cd1-4b62-a89b-bb7933f8fb93

I never heard of that interview, is that for real?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2006, 03:31:26 AM »

Axls comment is real, but the interview is not. Pieced together from the Trunk thing in may.

It's bullshit.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2006, 04:36:07 AM »

Ron Thal is the best thing that could have happened to this band. He actually gives a shit about the fans. Beats the hell out of freakish (albeit mega talented) robots who only communicate through fucking hand puppets any day.

Kudos, Ax. Keep Ron.
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 04:57:13 AM »

Axls comment is real, but the interview is not. Pieced together from the Trunk thing in may.

It's bullshit.

Ok so the statement is from may and is way miss quoted? Thats not the words he used at all.

Anyway, not suprised its bullshit, thanks for telling me.
Gordi
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:07 AM »

Ron comment seems to mean that they wouldn't have said that it would be out this year if they didn't mean it. At least I hope so...  Undecided
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006, 05:12:39 AM »

Ron comment seems to mean that they wouldn't have said that it would be out this year if they didn't mean it. At least I hope so...? Undecided

We know they meant it, but that doesn't mean, like Ron eludes to, that things always (never Tongue) go as planned.

He's basically telling us the record isn't coming out this year. But that most of us already knew weeks ago.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:14:45 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 07:19:39 AM »

the message its true, the guy who received the mail first has sent that stuff to some guy of another forum, they confirmed it's true.

however, I'd like to know how management will explain the "13 tuesday" stuff if nothing will happen (and I'm not talkin about a dvd release or some australian tour..)... confused
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 07:21:53 AM »

however, I'd like to know how management will explain the "13 tuesday" stuff if nothing will happen (and I'm not talkin about a dvd release or some australian tour..)... confused

They won't. It will just be one of those things. ..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 07:35:06 AM »

the message its true, the guy who received the mail first has sent that stuff to some guy of another forum, they confirmed it's true.

If they offer an explanation we pretty much know what it will be: Due to unforseen events blah blah blah blah no details blah blah blah soon is the word

But if they for once should offer something decent, and I think they may, I'll be thrilled.

hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 07:49:01 AM »

you guys think there will be an explanation for not realeasing CD in 2006? dream on

I guess you were not here in 2002...

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »

you guys think there will be an explanation for not realeasing CD in 2006? dream on

I guess you were not here in 2002...

I guess you were not here in 2006.

Some things have changed.

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has issued a response to the news that the Italian GUNS N' ROSES fan site Gnronline.it has gone "on strike" to protest the lack of official information regarding the band and its long-awaited album, "Chinese Democracy".

As previously reported, the Gnronline.it administrators are claming that GN'R management is playing favorites with the two big American fan sites, while other worldwide fan sites are being left in the dark despite their efforts over the course of the last ten years to support the group. The Gnronline.it web site is not being updated and the almost 3,000-user forum is not being moderated until January 1, 2007. After that day, the entire site will be closed.

In a message that was released yesterday (Dec. 11, 2006), Thal had the following to say:

"Ron here ? this is not a statement on behalf of GN'R, just speaking for myself, me to you.

"For whatever it's worth, I love you guys and appreciate all the support you guys have given the band. I haven't been in the band very long, but long enough to experience how great it is to have fans that care as much as you. Maybe it's too-little-too-late to let you know that, but that's how I feel, and it hasn't changed.

"From what I've seen, if ya give out info before it's 100% confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place. That's not a GN'R thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else.

"If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone. Meanwhile, we're touring. It's been fucking great.

"Since my first show with GUNS in May, we've played nearly 70 shows, in 20 countries (if I counted right, at 3am after being up 30 hours... [***]) The way I see it, for two-and-a-half hours each of those nights, it's our time to connect with each other ? we get to say *fuck it* to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves ? that's what it's about. It's not about business or setlists or critics or anything else ? it's about saying FUCK IT and gettin' high off it from beginning to end and a long time after.

"Hope y'all have been enjoying it to the fullest. Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ? enjoy what you do have.

"Not trying to change anything by writing ya, not answering the questions you want answered, just letting ya know that your support hasn't gone unnoticed, and I just wanna say *thank you* to the moderators and members of your forum. For the years you've devoted to the band, and hopefully years to come..."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=63653

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 09:03:18 AM »

As previously reported, the Gnronline.it administrators are claming that GN'R management is playing favorites with the two big American fan sites, while other worldwide fan sites are being left in the dark despite their efforts over the course of the last ten years to support the group.

This is kinda odd, considering HTGTH (the fansite most supported by management) is a Swedish site.

micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 09:10:59 AM »

was thinking that myself who is the other big 'american' site meant to be
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:22 AM »

From what I've seen, if ya give out info before it's 100% confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place. That's not a GN'R thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else.

Bullshit. The GNR thing was to create rumours from within the camp that Chinese Democracy would be released in 2006, to sell tickets for a cash-in tour. Information was given out, things didn't happen, and fans have already been betrayed.

It is nice, however, to see the protest didn't go unnoticed. We all need to follow their lead until we stop getting messed about.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:37:44 AM by TWAT » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 10:00:08 AM »

As previously reported, the Gnronline.it administrators are claming that GN'R management is playing favorites with the two big American fan sites, while other worldwide fan sites are being left in the dark despite their efforts over the course of the last ten years to support the group.

This is kinda odd, considering HTGTH (the fansite most supported by management) is a Swedish site.

Swedish? Why? hihi

Even though Jarmo is Finnish, the site is still in English. I think that's what they meant.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »

Also...

To whom it may concern,

According to the unaccountable ongoing situation concerning Guns N' Roses, with this communication this website's Staff adopts a definite position, being in deep disagreement with the conduct that has been taken on lately.
GNROnline.it especially complains about the fact that some foreign websites, obviously manipulated by the band's management, refuse to give any useful information ending in an impossibility to continue to work properly on the service we give.
This situation has grown unbearable, since it is 6 years the staff spends time, money, and care to support a band that doesn't do anything to acknowledge these efforts, acting only through two american websites that are clearly not able to run such advanced fansites.

Due to these matters, reluctantly, the staff communicates that NEWS WILL NO MORE BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE and that there will be NO MORE FORUM MODERATION, leaving the conduction only to registered users.

This until 01/02/2007, when the Staff will decide the fate of this website. If changes are not coming shortly we will be forced to shut down the website.

We only ask for some clearness, at least toward us and the owners of the most important GNR-related websites worldwide, not only to some websites that then bask in a dictatorial regime that doesn't bring anywhere neither the Fans nor the Band.

We just ask for some clearness, to continue properly in what we have been doing for al these years.

The Staff of GNROnline.it and GNROnline.org

Let's be realistic here... I'll say the same thing I said on 2k: I'm not gonna speak for both websites, but one of them is obviously HTGTH, and if Jarmo "is clearly not able to run such advanced fansites", then I really don't know who is.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 10:13:40 AM »

it's weird for a fan site to call time on a band.  I dont get why a website that is completely unofficial can give their main reason for ceasing to act as a website because a band "refuse to give any useful information".  why should they?  they certainly dont have to.

it's not GnR fault or problem that people have spent time and/or money over a period of years on a website - the sites are voluntary.  Do it for the love of the music, rather than anything else.

Nice to hear Ron responding - he's wicked bloke and a GREAT part of GnR.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »

Ron, the very newest member of the band and therefore the one you would think would have the least commitment to fans, is the one that makes the most effort to communicate and show appreciation. ?Anyone at GnR management taking notes?
makane
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 10:28:17 AM »

Ron, the very newest member of the band and therefore the one you would think would have the least commitment to fans, is the one that makes the most effort to communicate and show appreciation. ?Anyone at GnR management taking notes?

Actually I would say just the opposite. He wants/needs to be accepted by the fan community, so therefore he keeps contact with the fanbase, in favor he just wants to be accepted as the "new family member".

What comes to the Fan s(h)ite shutting down due lack of "acknowledgement", is just ridiculouse. Since when have a band owed anything to FANSITES or any Fan-based action? If they did, then it just wouldn't be a "Fan" thing anymore?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:30:25 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: