Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:22:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228123 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A message from Ron
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A message from Ron  (Read 12068 times)
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 10:23:10 PM »

Here's a message my friend Laurent posted on his gnr fan page www.myspace.com/gnrfansaroundtheworld from Ron himself....

This letter comes after a site wanna go on strike if Chinese Democracy isn't released before 2007! Here's the letter _________________________________________________________
Ron here - this is not a statement on behalf of GnR, just speaking for myself, me to you. For whatever it's worth, I love you guys and appreciate all the support you guys have given the band. I haven't been in the band very long, but long enough to experience how great it is to have fans that care as much as you. Maybe it's too-little-too-late to let you know that, but that's how I feel, and it hasn't changed. From what I've seen, if ya give out info before it's 100% confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place. That's not a GnR thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else. If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone. Meanwhile, we're touring Smiley It's been fucking great Smiley Since my first show with Guns in May, we've played nearly 70 shows, in 20 countries (if I counted right, at 3am after being up 30 hours... lol) The way I see it, for two-and-a-half hours each of those nights, it's our time to connect with each other - we get to say *fuck it* to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves - that's what it's about. It's not about business or setlists or critics or anything else - it's about saying FUCK IT and gettin' high off it from beginning to end and a long time after. Hope y'all have been enjoying it to the fullest. Smiley Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have - enjoy what you do have. Not trying to change anything by writing ya, not answering the questions you want answered, just letting ya know that your support hasn't gone unnoticed, and I just wanna say *thank you* to the moderators and members of your forum. For the years you've devoted to the band, and hopefully years to come... Thank you Smiley Ron

Axl himself was the one who gave the info.? The man in charge knows best when to give any info.? We will have the album before the end of 2006.? If the album does not arrive, people will not feel betrayed.? They will be betrayed.? There have been many opportunities to rescind the release statement.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 10:32:21 PM »

hey is there a way you can ask W. Axl Rose himself when CHINESE DEMOCRACY is coming out? I know that i'm not the only one whos thought of this but has any one tried it latly? has any one been successful? ? Huh
Yeah, Ill give him a call after the show tonight.

Grin j/k but seriously.... asking the man himself won't acomplish anything but any fan that does it does have balls!

why what do you think Axl would do?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 10:34:13 PM »

I would ask if I ran into him.  Cheesy
EFISH
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 10:34:31 PM »

Just depends on the situation brotha. I mean, if you see him after a show or something and randomly asked about Chinese Democracy, he's probably say "itll be out soon"..... he wouldnt say anything more than that, I dont think.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »

There have been many opportunities to rescind the release statement.

Not really. They can't make that announcement during a tour when they are trying to maximize ticket sales. Can you imagine if they had told everyone in September/October there was a 100% guarantee CD was not coming out this year. People would not have been nearly as enthusiastic about the tour, and the press would have most likely jumped all over it making the negativity worse. By not rescinding the statement and allowing fans to think this could really be the year, they have saved the tour from becoming a potential problem, as well as maximizing their bottom line. At the end of the day those were the main objectives of the tour, as it is pretty clear this as not in support of any new material.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 10:59:15 PM »

You are absolutely correct.  It makes perfect sense from a financial perspective.  100% agreed.  Would that make Axl any less of a fraud if such were the case?  If this is the case, then Axl is in it only for the money.

Now keep in mind that "if" in fact the statement really is from Ron, then he neither confimed nor denied the 2006 release with this statement.  He more or less said that he sympathises with the fans.  This does not constitute an "official cancellation of Chinese Democracy's release for 2006" statement from the band.

Until such an official statement comes from Axl or Merck, or the official website, the release is still officially set for 2006.  Dare I say its much too late in the day for such a statement?  If such a statement is forthcoming, it had better be a damn good reason that does not have anything to do with any firemarshalls.  GNR is still on the hook for a 2006 release.  All indicators point to a Dec. 19th release. beer

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 11:17:54 PM »

Thanks for posting this.. Ron is a good guy and hopefully most people know by now that GNR plans change all the time, and for some reason they can't confirm things in advance for too long.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 11:44:13 PM »

yeah i wont say 06 is done, even though i think it is, but i dont want to be that guy who gives up and then the album comes out and i feel like a dumbass....the bottom line is this has been the best year for GNR since 1993...that is a fact...that means this is the best year for all of us in 13 YEARS!!!!  I am very appreciative of that,and if i have to wait till 07 for the new album so be it
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 11:48:06 PM »

Efish i wouldn't doubt it one bit that probibly what he would say.

You are absolutely correct. It makes perfect sense from a financial perspective. 100% agreed. Would that make Axl any less of a fraud if such were the case? If this is the case, then Axl is in it only for the money.

Now keep in mind that "if" in fact the statement really is from Ron, then he neither confimed nor denied the 2006 release with this statement. He more or less said that he sympathises with the fans. This does not constitute an "official cancellation of Chinese Democracy's release for 2006" statement from the band.

Until such an official statement comes from Axl or Merck, or the official website, the release is still officially set for 2006. Dare I say its much too late in the day for such a statement? If such a statement is forthcoming, it had better be a damn good reason that does not have anything to do with any firemarshalls. GNR is still on the hook for a 2006 release. All indicators point to a Dec. 19th release. beer

couldn't have said it better my self brotha, nice job ok

heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »

Assuming it's authentic, I appreciate the sentiment. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
estranged.1098
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:44 PM »

yeah i wont say 06 is done, even though i think it is, but i dont want to be that guy who gives up and then the album comes out and i feel like a dumbass....the bottom line is this has been the best year for GNR since 1993...that is a fact...that means this is the best year for all of us in 13 YEARS!!!!  I am very appreciative of that,and if i have to wait till 07 for the new album so be it

I'm not too sure about that. At least in 2002 we were told the truth about the album not being out soon.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 12:02:08 AM »

The man sure does like his emoticons doesn't he? haha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 12:13:05 AM »

yeah i wont say 06 is done, even though i think it is, but i dont want to be that guy who gives up and then the album comes out and i feel like a dumbass....the bottom line is this has been the best year for GNR since 1993...that is a fact...that means this is the best year for all of us in 13 YEARS!!!!? I am very appreciative of that,and if i have to wait till 07 for the new album so be it

I'm not too sure about that. At least in 2002 we were told the truth about the album not being out soon.

are you kidding? so far this year GNR has played like what 70 shows?? leaked several demo's, and came out with all new merch, and an officical website and myspace that actually gets UPDATED....you are going to compare that to 1 shitty VMa performance and a half canceled tour?
estranged.1098
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 01:05:58 AM »

are you kidding? so far this year GNR has played like what 70 shows?? leaked several demo's, and came out with all new merch, and an officical website and myspace that actually gets UPDATED....you are going to compare that to 1 shitty VMa performance and a half canceled tour?

You're missing the point.

2006 is the better year since 1993 as far as touring is concerned, but it's also the most disappointing one regarding the album's release date.

The web site and other stuff that you mentioned was nice, but in the end they served to get people's hopes higher for something that didn't happen.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:22:53 AM by estranged.1098 » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:34 AM »

So do we know if this is real yet?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 01:42:46 AM »

The way I see it, for two-and-a-half hours each of those nights, it's our time to connect with each other - we get to say *fuck it* to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves - that's what it's about. It's not about business or setlists or critics or anything else - it's about saying FUCK IT and gettin' high off it from beginning to end and a long time after.

That sounds great.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 01:43:55 AM »

The way I see it, for two-and-a-half hours each of those nights, it's our time to connect with each other - we get to say *fuck it* to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves - that's what it's about. It's not about business or setlists or critics or anything else - it's about saying FUCK IT and gettin' high off it from beginning to end and a long time after.

That sounds great.

thats my favorite line in the whole thing..   and once people have experienced the show themselves, its hard to feel otherwise.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 01:53:03 AM »

That sounds great.

thats my favorite line in the whole thing..   and once people have experienced the show themselves, its hard to feel otherwise.

Yeah, the energy they have onstage is amazing. If you've seen them live, you have to admit they really are enjoying what they are doing right now.. and that's the most important thing IMO.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 02:34:01 AM »

That sounds great.

Yeah, the energy they have onstage is amazing. If you've seen them live, you have to admit they really are enjoying what they are doing right now.. and that's the most important thing IMO.

nobody beyond a portion of us internet nerds even care that they are touring w/o the album yet.   people just want to see a kickass rock show, and this band delivers 110%.      I'll go see them any chance I get.  peace
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 02:49:15 AM »

That sounds great.

thats my favorite line in the whole thing..? ?and once people have experienced the show themselves, its hard to feel otherwise.

nobody beyond a portion of us internet nerds even care that they are touring w/o the album yet.? ?people just want to see a kickass rock show, and this band delivers 110%.? ? ? I'll go see them any chance I get.? peace

I just hope I get that chance again next summer. But Prostitute and Sorry on the setlist wouldn't kill me either I think hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: