Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:10:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The release of CD: More about closure or enjoying the music?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The release of CD: More about closure or enjoying the music?  (Read 3707 times)
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 11:29:33 PM »

Yeah that's a  Shocked pretty bad way to word it, whoever started this topic.

As a huge music fan, it's been #1 on my 'albums I can't wait to hear list' since I was 12 in 1996. Almost everything else has been #2 on down on that 'list' and I've bought like 450 CD's in the last 10 years or so.

Other than that...I have a great life, that's all CD is to me - a holy grail sort of album...that probably is never coming out  peace
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:31:17 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 11:32:08 PM »

i hope this has been addressed before and i also hope i'm just misreading the original post, but please don't put so much faith and belief in an album that your very happiness depends on it and your whole day is consumed by it.? again we're talking about a record not a religion or even philosophical view.

trust me this album will be awesome, but remember to breath.

Guns N' Roses and Axls new version of it has done far more for me than any religion and philosophical contemplation. To me, experiencing Axls brilliance is one of the pillars in life. This is what it's about I think to myself when another one of his strokes of magic has touched me to my soul. This is enjoyment, this is life.

Sure, there are more important things in life, but this project is definitely up there. It's beyond trivial matters and experiences.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 11:46:13 PM »

i hope this has been addressed before and i also hope i'm just misreading the original post, but please don't put so much faith and belief in an album that your very happiness depends on it and your whole day is consumed by it.? again we're talking about a record not a religion or even philosophical view.

trust me this album will be awesome, but remember to breath.

Guns N' Roses and Axls new version of it has done far more for me than any religion and philosophical contemplation. To me, experiencing Axls brilliance is one of the pillars in life. This is what it's about I think to myself when another one of his strokes of magic has touched me to my soul. This is enjoyment, this is life.

Sure, there are more important things in life, but this project is definitely up there. It's beyond trivial matters and experiences.

awesome post, i agree. Axl's lyrics are just really special and unique and nothing compares.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 12:28:41 AM »

I think both for me. In one way I want to just kick back and enjoy the music. But in another hand it will close a chapter in my life. It seems i've been waiting so long for this album and good or bad, just to have it in my hands would just mean so much. I sometimes imagine what it will feel like to finally have that cd in my hands after sooooo long. Its going to be a very sureal experience for me.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 12:31:56 AM »

For someone like myself, it's definitely about the music. I only found out about the leaks and got reminded about this album about a month ago, when I started work at a new place. Granted the new songs were fucking orgasmic and the anticipation for the album started fucking crankin almost straight away, but still,  I haven't had the years and years of anticipation that so many of you have had.

For me, it's all about the music.  ok

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »

Another thing that amazes me is that after all these years we're still somehow able to come up with fresh topics rofl

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 01:27:10 AM »

Another thing that amazes me is that after all these years we're still somehow able to come up with fresh topics rofl
haha thats true  hihi

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 01:53:51 AM »

LOL, indeed, it doesn't happen often anymore - But this is a good one, for sure.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 02:01:48 AM »

I will undoubtedly enjoy the music of this album (given what we've heard already), but the long wait and perception of the album has built it up in such a way that it has been assimilated into my life in such a way that it has become (in some part) part of my existence.  I'm sure listening to the album will finally provide some much needed closure, but the ride (and experiences thereof) was unforgettable.  The rumors, the leaks, the shows, to me it is beautiful.  In an odd sort of way I'll miss it, mainly because it was this anticipation that provided the common experience for us to come together and form a community on practically no new material.  Hopefully CD will be released soon, it's been a fun ride, and I hope the album will give us much closure. peace

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 05:21:35 AM »

Both closure and music, in my case.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 06:22:16 AM »

For me it's definitely about the music, but i have built it up in my head over the past few years. After i began to hear some of the material i knew how much i'll like this album, and i began to imagine it being on heavy rotation for a period in my life and how that will be a good time. I can remember times in my life that i associate with a great album that came out but as i've gotten older these albums are fewer, and even new albums i love just don't have the same legs... so i've really blown it up in my mind as already one of my favorite albums, and thats strange, but also exciting because i haven't felt anything like that in a long time.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 10:24:24 AM »

enjoying the music.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »

First of all this is an excellent topic. There will be a tremendous feeling of closure when the holy grail of albums has made its way into my sound system and is blasting out axl's brilliant magnum opus. But really it will be about the pure satisfaction and endless enjoyment that record will bring for years on end. I had about a six month period in 2004 when contraband did not leave the cd player in my car. After hearing the leaks from CD this year I can barely even listen to that record now. So I can only imagine how long CD will have a place in that slot. I really hope that this record is very well recieved. I keep having visions about rollingstone giving it 5 stars and talking about how it was worth the wait. And keep thinking shortly after Axl will appear on the cover and do a great RS interview and give us all of the backstory about the making of the record, why it took so long, ect....I think that would be a fitting end to one of the greatest sagas in rock as well as the start of a truly awesome new begginning.

There's a lot goin on here.....
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »

Chinesse Democracy means everything to me. not just an album that I can hear it over and over again. but also my future career, since I have similar voice like Axl (I can't sing another song besides GN'FR songs). my future life depends on it. If CD never comes out. maybe I'll be buried my dreams forever.
I remember how Guns in the late 80-early 90' invaded my country. everybody tryn to sing GN'R songs.dress like Axl and Slash.and that changes me till now. when everybody else here begin to forget about Guns N' Roses and even Rock music anymore.
sorry bout my english.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »

Chinesse Democracy means everything to me. not just an album that I can hear it over and over again. but also my future career, since I have similar voice like Axl (I can't sing another song besides GN'FR songs). my future life depends on it. If CD never comes out. maybe I'll be buried my dreams forever.
I remember how Guns in the late 80-early 90' invaded my country. everybody tryn to sing GN'R songs.dress like Axl and Slash.and that changes me till now. when everybody else here begin to forget about Guns N' Roses and even Rock music anymore.
sorry bout my english.

your life depends on chinese democracy, because you can sing like axl?  Huh

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 11:51:24 AM »

There's a lot of sad things in this thread.

I'm looking forward to "I told you so!" and putting to rest one of the last parts of my teenage years.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:06 AM »

sorry bout my english.

your life depends on chinese democracy, because you can sing like axl?? Huh

Yes,and after CD comes out I can played new GN'R song with my band.and make money by that. since not everyone can sing like Axl. ok
 just kidding man hihi.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 12:24:48 PM »

I want it for the music and the fact that Axl can finally prove the doubters wrong. That he waited so long for it to be a massive undertaking for a reason. I hope its as good as were all hoping. I'd hate to be let down but once it comes out I'll listen and be content as a G'n'R fan finally.

mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »

I only want the album in hand so I can get laid when I cruise the neighborhood in my van with the panther painted on the side. Pumping Chinese Democracy out the window, I don't need to use my usual line of , " Hey foxes, check out the ride, shag and all..." Instead, the b#$ches will be jumpin' in the back of my van, like bunnies in springtime...Do you think they'll release it on 8 track?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 02:22:13 PM »

i just realized my previous post here didnt answer the question.

I think it will a combination of the two. sure we will be sad in a way because getting what u want can be a dangerous thing, but im sure we'll all enjoy the music. im sure some people will inevitably be like OKAY, whens the next record coming out? and start the whole guessing game all over again, but i'll just be kicking back chilling to this new record that is going to be mindblowing! this new lineup is very talented and i want to them to finally be taken seriously and recognized as a force to be reckoned with.

also it will be nice to laugh in the faces of all my friends who dislike Axl and always bug me that it will never come out.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: