Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Great review of Chicago show AND praise of Axl's determination...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great review of Chicago show AND praise of Axl's determination...  (Read 3444 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« on: December 09, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/2006/12/guns-n-roses-appetite-of-determination.html
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »

That is a great review. Not only because of the praise, but the guy did his homework and he knows what he talking about. Best review of the tour yet.  peace
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 03:53:27 PM »

That is a great review. Not only because of the praise, but the guy did his homework and he knows what he talking about. Best review of the tour yet.? peace

Took my thunder!! I agree. Best review I have read all tour. He took it a step beyond, and pretty much touched on exactly how I feel about this band.  Awesome!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:54:04 PM »

That is a great review. Not only because of the praise, but the guy did his homework and he knows what he talking about. Best review of the tour yet.  peace

Yeah I agree. It's also cool that he started out a skeptic just like most non-hardcore fans and journalists.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »

This guy knows A LOT for not wanting to see GN'R.  You see, going to a show makes u a fan or an even bigger fan then u already were...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 04:09:25 PM »

This guy knows A LOT for not wanting to see GN'R.? You see, going to a show makes u a fan or an even bigger fan then u already were...

Seems more that he was a fan of the old band and was converted by seeing them live.

Great review!!!! Grin
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 04:28:51 PM »

Wow, a fair review? It was a pretty good read, and level-headed too.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
colly
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 04:36:15 PM »

This person seems to speak of GN'R in the same breath as Bon Jovi - dissapointing. Anyone who sees the comparison between these bands misses the point of GN'R's existence completely.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 04:45:57 PM »

This person seems to speak of GN'R in the same breath as Bon Jovi - dissapointing. Anyone who sees the comparison between these bands misses the point of GN'R's existence completely.
He wasn't comparing the two bands per se, but how both singers are determined to get what they want.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »

Thought it was weird he mentioned the band making the audience forget a certain top-hatted guitarist as well as a faceless one.  Its like he puts Buckethead on the same level as the former members when we don't even know if he's gonna be on CD.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »

Nice review. I had to post my own comment after reading it. Not often GNr actually gets credit where credit is do!
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
BlackGuns_15
Opening Act

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »

Thought it was weird he mentioned the band making the audience forget a certain top-hatted guitarist as well as a faceless one.? Its like he puts Buckethead on the same level as the former members when we don't even know if he's gonna be on CD.

Buckethead, what are you talking about. He didnt mention Bucket's name at all.

I feel good......so good....so good...so good..............so good...so good!!!
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 07:31:59 PM »

Dude...that is not only a great review but,an awesome piece of character study.

This is the most telling part,something I've always understood and tried to explain to people for YEARS about Axl Rose. He lays it out here:

"The truth is that Axl Rose hits that stage planning on giving the audience his all and draining every last ounce of sanity from himself in the process as well. He views the concert stage as his work desk and when people distract him with fights up front, unnecessary shoving and flashes going off, he sees these people as interrupting his job and wants them removed so he can continue to give the rest of the audience his complete and total focus. Axl Rose is attempting to accomplish the impossible and even though the task of rebuilding GNR is maybe the most daunting task ever done in the annals of rock, there is no mountain Axl will not climb to bring his vision to reality, no matter how long it takes."

? ?
? I'm also a performer/entertainer (I'm an actor/writer) and I tell ya what...I wanted to make a short film last month (my first at directing),a film that I've wanted to do for a many years now but,I started thinking about the girl I was gonna have in it and even though she pretty much the choice I wanted for a particular role (she was like 95%-98% close),I didn't make it at all and put it on hold. And this was really close to filming!
'Cause I'd rather not do it at all then have to look back and say "Damn it,I knew I should've got someone else."
So I'm gonna wait until I find THE girl I really want to have in this. I'd rather not do it then have it not 100% of my vision...one I've had in my head and on paper for several years now. I don't care how long it takes.

Just because we might want CD to be out by Dec. of 2006,as promised,YES,before years end...but,in the end...it's his name on the line,it's his legacy and if this album isn't up to his standard by this year....then fuck it. He's gonna put it out when he feels it's really ready. Just like he takes what seems like a while for some people to come out to start a show,he just might feel the same about this disc.....so I say fuck it. ?

And YES,it has been A GOOD LONG WHILE but,..FUCK. IT.

If no CD by Dec. 2006,I'm still a fan,I'll be pretty disappointed and fuckin' angry and someone might get fuckin' clocked but,I'll be there whenever he decides it's worthy of his standards.

?No matter how long it takes.

? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?MATT
Annie
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »

Great article describing a great concert! yes
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 09:18:12 PM »

That is an amazing review. Thanks for posting.  ok

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 09:21:36 PM »

very good review  ok

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 09:28:31 PM »

Excellent article. Perfect description of a GNR show. Sounded exactly like the show at MSG. Very interested in that book he mentions with all of the insider scoop about Axl. Sounds very cool.

There's a lot goin on here.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 10:30:47 PM »

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

we need more people like that. he speaks from my heart ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 11:05:38 PM »

WOW  Shocked That's all I can say!!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 11:58:20 PM »

Really superb review (both in quality and in terms of supporting Guns).  I appreciate that he mentioned his own reservations about the new Guns and the ways in which they were overcome by the performance.  Good stuff! beer 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: