Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Locomotive--most underrated song?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Locomotive--most underrated song?  (Read 20287 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2006, 01:05:48 PM »

Locomotive guys, I know Ive said this several times, but damn I love that song... but mostly only the ending...  LOOOOOVE ..... ..... . not overreacting, ok Wink
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2006, 02:21:40 PM »

I think they should make a GH's II & release Locomotive as a single for it. Locomotive never got its' due.  peace

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
DCGNR2006
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2006, 04:00:24 PM »

You are definitely correct in saying this song never got it's proper due. I think the vocals are like a raw version of what came through on Oh My God, just in it's style. The rest of the song is tremendous and I never understood how that f*cking outro went un-noticed by anyone other than Hardcore fans -
I used to play it for people and always got cool reactions. Even chicks liked it.

I hereby state that the new band should take a crack at this song in concert this summer - 06'
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »

they should "take a crack" at many songs like locomotive, breakdown and i would really like to see them do coma. it's a long shot but...

and locomotive is a great song, slash's guitar sounds amazing on that one. but it would be really hard to take it out as a single considering it's 7+ min. now people get bored if a song has 4+ mins. but i'll still have locomotive as one of my favourites from the illusions  yes

plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2006, 11:52:43 PM »

Best song on UYI 2 in my opinion. Great lyrics.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »

is a kick ass, underrated song. Any thoughts?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2006, 05:58:05 PM »

My thought would be Dead Horse.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »

My thought would be Dead Horse.

As in, that's where you think this thread belongs or that's your favorite song?

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2006, 07:43:34 PM »

Amazing outtro. I like all voices Axl uses, from deep evil bass, mid level twang to screaming devil woman (props to GQ for that last nickname).
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2006, 07:47:02 PM »

The outro is amazing. ?Great tune.

The lyrics are written well, it's just that they are more than a tad misogynistic for me. ?Sure women'll break your heart from time to time but that's no reason to hate them like Axl appears to in many of his songs. ?Like he never broke anyone's heart. ?I think the worst example of this, is the song "Back off Bitch". ?Worst GNR tune. ?So immature. ?I cringe. ?At least "Used to love her" was funny, but in these cases Axl is really serious.

Axl - lighten up dude. ?Live, love, forgive, forget. ?Such things make you feel great...

...but I digress.

The band really rocks on Locomotive. ?The song is well placed beside "pretty tied up". ?Both tunes have a similar sound and feel.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2006, 07:50:18 PM »

The outro is amazing.  Great tune.

The lyrics are written well, it's just that they are more than a tad misogynistic for me.  Sure women'll break your heart from time to time but that's no reason to hate them like Axl appears to in many of his songs.  Like he never broke anyone's heart.  I think the worst example of this, is the song "Back off Bitch".  Worst GNR tune.  So immature.  I cringe.  At least "Used to love her" was funny, but in these cases Axl is really serious.

Axl - lighten up dude.  Live, love, forgive, forget.  Such things make you feel great...

...but I digress.

The band really rocks on Locomotive.  The song is well placed beside "pretty tied up".  Both tunes have a similar sound and feel.

Cack off bitch was actually written about his grandmother. not 100% sure what about. something about always telling him what to do trying to control him and putting him down.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2006, 07:53:08 PM »

The outro is amazing.? Great tune.

The lyrics are written well, it's just that they are more than a tad misogynistic for me.? Sure women'll break your heart from time to time but that's no reason to hate them like Axl appears to in many of his songs.? Like he never broke anyone's heart.? I think the worst example of this, is the song "Back off Bitch".? Worst GNR tune.? So immature.? I cringe.? At least "Used to love her" was funny, but in these cases Axl is really serious.

Axl - lighten up dude.? Live, love, forgive, forget.? Such things make you feel great...

...but I digress.

The band really rocks on Locomotive.? The song is well placed beside "pretty tied up".? Both tunes have a similar sound and feel.

Cack off bitch was actually written about his grandmother. not 100% sure what about. something about always telling him what to do trying to control him and putting him down.

Cack off Bitch? rofl

Interesting.  I don't know.  I think it's something each person's supposed to take in their own special way. hihi

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2006, 08:23:10 PM »

The outro is amazing.  Great tune.

The lyrics are written well, it's just that they are more than a tad misogynistic for me.  Sure women'll break your heart from time to time but that's no reason to hate them like Axl appears to in many of his songs.  Like he never broke anyone's heart.  I think the worst example of this, is the song "Back off Bitch".  Worst GNR tune.  So immature.  I cringe.  At least "Used to love her" was funny, but in these cases Axl is really serious.

Axl - lighten up dude.  Live, love, forgive, forget.  Such things make you feel great...

...but I digress.

The band really rocks on Locomotive.  The song is well placed beside "pretty tied up".  Both tunes have a similar sound and feel.

Cack off Bitch? rofl

shit ok i give in... you heard it here first. New song off CD.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2006, 08:32:23 PM »

Locomotive is great, but it's not the most underrated song. Breakdown and Don't Damn Me comes first.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2006, 09:15:33 PM »

yeah 3 songs that should have been released as sinlges instead of like the ?garden and the garden of eden is locomotive,  breakdown and don't damn me yes
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »

I believe Locomotive is the basis for the Use Your Illusion titles.  By far the greatest song on UYI2 (my favorite album) but breakdown is close.  Locomotive is a strong contender for my favorite song with November Rain, but in the end, November Rain takes it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2006, 09:29:57 PM »

No, it's not. The artwork is the basis for the titles.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2006, 10:05:43 PM »

Average song. The outro, however, is freaking amazing.

The song's just so repetitive, in my opinion.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2006, 10:16:19 PM »

Have always loved Locomotive. Never thought it got enough praise. "I bought me an illusion and hung it on the wall, let it fill my head with dreams I had to have them all" or something very close to that was such a brilliant line. I always liked Izzy's rythmn work on this track. Its very underrated to many but not to a true GNR fan

There's a lot goin on here.....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2006, 10:27:55 PM »

Average song. The outro, however, is freaking amazing.

The song's just so repetitive, in my opinion.

How is it repetive?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: