Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:23:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Its taken 10 years but Blair finally sorts himself out!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Its taken 10 years but Blair finally sorts himself out!  (Read 9482 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: December 08, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »

Well done Mr Blair! - Finally - FINALLY - says what he needed to say so many years ago

Damn shame he's leaving office, this might have been the start of something - its just this kind of common sense we need - free from the fear of election she can actually tell it like it is

People entering the UK must be prepared to be tolerant or not become part of society, Tony Blair has said.
In a speech at Downing Street, the prime minister said that tolerance was "what makes Britain" and warned "we must be ready to defend this attitude".

The threat came not from "generalised extremism" but "a new and virulent form of ideology associated with a minority of our Muslim community".

The Muslim Association of Britain said Mr Blair's speech was "alarming".

Wars 'not helping'

A spokesman said the prime minister should be "investing in our society" to help the deprived, rather than investing "millions and billions in illegal occupations" which had "not helped to promote multiculturalism in this country".

"Rather than standing up and lecturing us, it's time he puts his money where his mouth is," the spokesman said.

Mr Blair also used the speech to announce a crackdown on funding for religious and racial groups, saying in the future they would have to prove they aimed to promote community integration.

Conservative community cohesion spokesman Dominic Grieve said the speech was a "remarkable turnaround".

"Many of the problems in relation to the issues he addresses are at least in part the consequence of a philosophy of divisive multiculturalism and political correctness that has been actively promoted by the Labour Party over many years at both national and local government levels."

Funding crackdown

Liberal Democrat communities spokesman Andrew Stunell said: "We must ensure that the voices of moderation have their say, but support for organisations must not be distorted by government-driven targets or Tony Blair's personal agenda."
He said: "The right to be in a multicultural society was always implicitly balanced by a duty to integrate, to be part of Britain, to be British and Asian, British and black, British and white."

Mr Blair "multicultural Britain" should be dispensed with, adding: "On the contrary, we should continue celebrating it,"

But he said the suicide bombings in London on 7 July last year had thrown the whole concept of a multiculturalism "into sharp relief", the prime minister said.

"The reason we are having this debate is not generalised extremism. It is a new and virulent form of ideology associated with a minority of our Muslim community.

"It is not a problem with Britons of Hindu, Afro-Caribbean, Chinese or Polish origin. Nor is it a problem with the majoirty of the Muslim community."

'Essential values'

But he said there was a "problem with a minority of that community, particularly originating from certain countries".

The failure of that part of the community to integrate did not mean multiculturalism was dead, said Mr Blair, but it would be useful to define "common values" all citizens were "expected to conform to".

"When it comes to our essential values - belief in democracy, the rule of law, tolerance, equal treatment for all, respect for this country and its shared heritage - then that is where we come together, it is what we hold in common."

Mr Blair also said: "If you come here lawfully, we welcome you. If you are permitted to stay here permanently, you become an equal member of our community and become one of us.

"The right to be different, the duty to integrate: that is what being British means.

"And neither racists nor extremists should be allowed to destroy it."

Race equality

Mr Blair said the Equal Opportunities Commission would be looking at concerns about women's status inside Muslim communities.

He also praised Tory leader David Cameron, saying it was "not conceivable in my view" that he would seek to exploit immigration to win votes.

Labour MP Keith Vaz MP has criticised the newly formed Commission for Equality and Human Rights for taking just one of its nine commissioners from a background in working for race equality.

Only chairman Trevor Phillips had this experience, he added.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Psychophobia
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »

It was a very good speech addressing a sensitive issue. Blair did a good job of it. It's a shame that he chose to get involved with Bush on Iraq, as it's going to be a glaring stain on his otherwise respectable political career, IMO.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »

im really not a fan of this multi cultural england vision.

html sucks
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »

Fuck them

That's a hatrick for Doull
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 03:46:37 PM »

Fuck them

Absolutely. One way tolerance died on 7/7/05.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Hysteron
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »

Fuck them

Your comments are racist the Muslim community of Britain or the World are not to blame for that.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »

Fuck them

Your comments are racist the Muslim community of Britain or the World are not to blame for that.

Islam isn't a race, dopey.

Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 06:21:23 PM »

i actually feel sorry for tony blair, i mean he came into power everybody loved him, now he can't do nothing right, same thing happend with thatcher, and the same thing will happen with cameron, who'd be a leader? they only remember u after ur gone!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 01:39:43 AM »

Baaaaah!!!   hihi
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 01:36:55 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 06:36:05 AM »

the Muslim community of Britain or the World are not to blame for that.

as Mr Blair says:

"The reason we are having this debate is not generalised extremism. It is a new and virulent form of ideology associated with a minority of our Muslim community.

"It is not a problem with Britons of Hindu, Afro-Caribbean, Chinese or Polish origin. Nor is it a problem with the majoirty of the Muslim community."

There are about 4 billion people in the world bloody sick of Muslim whining and paranoia.

The problem comes from within the Muslim community - not the Hindu community, not the Sikh community - and its about time free speach in this country meant just that - the freedom to address a problem and for the muslim community to start taking responsibility for its members.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hysteron
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »

Since your an idiot, here's the meaning of the word racist, for you.

http://uk.ask.com/reference/dictionary/wordnetuk/142797/racist
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 04:54:23 PM »

I wish somebody in the U.S. would fucking say something like this...

Is it to much to ask people to conform to where they move a little bit? I think not. In California some people would rather wave the Mexican flag than the American flag.. billboards are in Spanish.. ect. I just think, if your gonna move here you have to accept some of the culture.. Immigrants used to be proud to become American.. now they act all offended at the suggestion.

Whatever  Roll Eyes

gnrevolution.com
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 07:03:04 PM »

Since your an idiot

You're an apostrophist.

Psychophobia
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »

There are about 4 billion people in the world bloody sick of Muslim whining and paranoia.
If that were true, then the US wouldn't have had such a difficult time recruiting allies to join in on the Iraq war.  Roll Eyes

As far as I'm concerned, Christianity is just as cancerous a force as Islam in this world, and as I live in North America, I see the Jesus-heads as being a much greater threat to our rights and freedoms than a bunch of riled up Muslims living in a cave half a world away.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 11:48:12 AM »

Fuck them

Politically no but Islam sees all Muslims as one brotherhood

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »

Fuck them

how about "no." The only reason why they said it was alarming is because there were deep suggestions of "Muslims" not "terrorists" to blame for this. this is a problem with terrorism not islam. I am quite confused how "islamic terrorism" can exist

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »

Politically no but Islam sees all Muslims as one brotherhood

Until a muslim commits an act of terror in the name of Islam, right? Then it's 'racist' to ask the 'brotherhood' to show some collective responsibility. Thanks for confirming my point.

Hysteron
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 04:13:21 PM »

Until a muslim commits an act of terror in the name of Islam, right? Then it's 'racist' to ask the 'brotherhood' to show some collective responsibility. Thanks for confirming my point.

The Spanish inquisition, the holocaust, the holy wars, the witch burnings and hangings. All started by Islam right?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 04:18:17 PM »

The Spanish inquisition, the holocaust, the holy wars, the witch burnings and hangings. All started by Islam right?

Nope, your point?

Hysteron
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 04:20:11 PM »

Nope, your point?

What religion was primarily responsible, and should it not be criticized?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: