Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year  (Read 13240 times)
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2006, 04:40:35 PM »

In Tampa a lot of the people on the floor kept asking for bottled water that the security guards had more than enough of, and Ron opened a bottle and told them to let us have it. Aw... too kind. =D
It was like that in san francisco too. security keeps a case of water under the stage, and wouldnt give any out, so robin started giving them to me to pass around, security was getting mad because of it, and robin leaned down and yelled at one of them.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »

Anyone else notice that the confetti is now red and gold?

Gold? That's new then. In Europe was red, white and blue. At MSG was only red

Yep, I have my red white and blue confetti too.  But ever since the "real" tour started, they only use communist colors, so to say.  In preparation for the album release I suppose.

Anyone else notice that Axl tosses an expensive pair of sunglasses out into the crowd every night?
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »

I definitely noticed the pyro scaring people. One of the girls I was with kept jumping every time it went off. I was like, take it easy, we are not going to start on fire.

Also, I didn't get to see the Suicide Girls and this may be a bit off topic - but did anyone see the "Real Sex" HBO special on them? I saw it last night and they are a horny, weird bunch. And if you see the faces up close, only one of them is really pretty. They just have the bods to show off. They also explained why they call themselves the Suicide girls - cause they have liberated themselves from being who they are supposed to be and now are being who they want to be - they committed "Society" suicide by not following the main stream. They killed their old selves. Pretty deep man.

It was quite interesting. Don't know if it was a rerun or not? But they are one of the things I noticed at the GNR shows this year that I have never seen in my life. I saw a guy in a skirt with his pole hanging out but never chicks like this and doing the things they do on stage - almost like you are at a titty bar.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »

I've noticed that Axl sings lower than he used to.

I noticed this too...not all the time.  But his low voice (like the one he uses to say "And I don't Wanna Hear No More" on Civil War) hit considerably lower than usual. 
I meant you can bearly hear Axl's voice because of the 3 guitars or maybe Axl wanted it that way. Whatever, all I can say is that Axl's voice is not that powerful right now.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »

Lower singing happens with age. Trust me, I know. Also, smoking, I don't know if he smokes, alters your voice and knocks it down some octaves. And partying plays a part as well. I actually think his voice is fine. I don't mind the lower voice.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 06:14:18 PM »

Lower singing happens with age. Trust me, I know. Also, smoking, I don't know if he smokes, alters your voice and knocks it down some octaves. And partying plays a part as well. I actually think his voice is fine. I don't mind the lower voice.

LOL, What I noticed @ donnington was that it comes no-where near Wembley 91.
Guns in their day rocked and Axl limped @ Download Festival.
I am Gunner from 80s so don't fill thread with knocks! I wish the new Guns all the best but they ain't the original and they got a long way to go. I think this album will fail too.  Their day has passed, any original fan from 80s will know this!
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »

I definitely noticed the pyro scaring people. One of the girls I was with kept jumping every time it went off. I was like, take it easy, we are not going to start on fire.

Also, I didn't get to see the Suicide Girls and this may be a bit off topic - but did anyone see the "Real Sex" HBO special on them? I saw it last night and they are a horny, weird bunch. And if you see the faces up close, only one of them is really pretty. They just have the bods to show off. They also explained why they call themselves the Suicide girls - cause they have liberated themselves from being who they are supposed to be and now are being who they want to be - they committed "Society" suicide by not following the main stream. They killed their old selves. Pretty deep man.

It was quite interesting. Don't know if it was a rerun or not? But they are one of the things I noticed at the GNR shows this year that I have never seen in my life. I saw a guy in a skirt with his pole hanging out but never chicks like this and doing the things they do on stage - almost like you are at a titty bar.

ya, i knew none of them were actually that good looking
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2006, 11:02:04 PM »

The red cup of hot tea.  It's always brought out about 5 minutes before the show starts.  Best indicater that the show is a go.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2006, 12:42:44 AM »

Axl's box of Puff's tissues.  Sad
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2006, 02:19:16 AM »

LOL, What I noticed @ donnington was that it comes no-where near Wembley 91.
Guns in their day rocked and Axl limped @ Download Festival.
I am Gunner from 80s so don't fill thread with knocks! I wish the new Guns all the best but they ain't the original and they got a long way to go. I think this album will fail too.  Their day has passed, any original fan from 80s will know this!

I'm from the 80's dudio and I have to disagree. But lets not get off topic.........
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2006, 06:14:28 AM »

anyone who thinks Axl's voice is bad never heard many shows from the UYI tour.

Axl's voice is far superior now than it was on the UYI tour.  That is a fact.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »

i agree  Roll Eyes axl sounded awful back in the uyi days he sounds awsome now !!

thing i noticed from the gigs i saw was the fuckin cool leather jacket axl wears !!

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »

Axl's box of Puff's tissues.  Sad

hihi I loved pointing that one out.

Also in San Francisco, I noticed that someone had thrown a shoe on stage sometime before November Rain. 

Axl quote: "This [Used To Love Her] is a song from our tender past... it's a song of love, which spelled backwards is EVOL."

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2006, 02:41:26 PM »

Axl's voice is far superior now than it was on the UYI tour.  That is a fact.
Dude, I have seen many shows from youtube. You can't just shut off somebody's opinion by saying that. I can tell the difference from Axl's voice back then and now. And how would you know "That is a fact." Roll Eyes A fact is something that the majority agree on, besides the board.

While I can see CrazyCheryl is right about that, I just hope that isn't true.

I came to see Axl Rose. And the only reason for that is his (powerful)voice, not the members playing music.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2006, 02:48:38 PM »

During Better he doesn't change the words. He repeats "Now I know You Better" instead of "Now you..." and "Now we.."

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
EFISH
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »

Axl seemed drunk in Estero. He didnt talk at all, but would mumble some weird phrases and shit, no one had any idea what he was saying. I could be wrong but me and my brother agree he was drunk that night.  Grin
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2006, 11:33:18 PM »

if they "dont drink onstage" then how did the canida show get cancelled?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2006, 11:41:19 PM »

Axl's voice is far superior now than it was on the UYI tour.? That is a fact.

That is open to interpretation. Some aspects are better now than they were then, and some are not. In my opinion there can be no doubt that he had alot more power in his voice back then. Even when he sang like shit he could always get it kind off right. If he sings like shit now, well then he sings like shit. That seems to be the main difference to me.

But I agree with you that he's a steadier performer these days, and he has at times shown that he can outdo himself on certain songs compared to the Illusion tour.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2006, 11:59:29 PM »

Doesn't Axl not play Don't Cry due to the lawsuit that was filed against him because of the song?  I can't remember the details but I know that a Spanish (I think) guitarist claimed that Guns N Roses stole the guitar parts for "Don't Cry" from him.  He claimed that almost every note and even the length of the guitar parts were all identical to his personal work.  I beleive they settled out of court and I have the feeling he is not allowed to play it live now.  That is why Ron plays the lyrics to don't cry, not the guitar parts.   While I like to beleive that this man was a nutjob, I find it odd that "Don't Cry" just happens to be the only song with two seperate lyrics.

Am I the only one that remembers this lawsuit?  I think it was around 1998.

If I missed the mention of it in this threat I apologize.

Finally found the link
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/12054691
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 12:22:36 AM by shaved » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2006, 12:15:33 AM »

Maybe not a fact, but listen to some YouTube Axl from 92 or 93, he is hoarse and squawky on most of the songs. Now he hits the notes pretty clean but still raspy.

If i over blow it some, thats just cause I am tired of people criticizing Axl's voice when in reality its better than the UYI tour days.

Listen to the Jungle intro from the VMA's or the live and let die screams.

They are far superior than in 92.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: