Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:44:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year  (Read 13310 times)
Hoggsg2
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »

at the first night at wembley during paradise city they brought two mini platforms on infront of the amps only for them to be removed mid set.
i believe this was meant for the dwarves that took stage with seb bach the next night but axl decided against it that night.
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 08:49:40 PM »

In San Francisco I noticed two mics coming from the stage monitors pointing straight out at the audience.? Maybe they're set up at the other shows too.? Anyone know what that's for?

They're probably there to record crowd noise for possible official-bootleg releases....?

a.

That's what I was thinking...unless it's for the monitor guy so that he can get an idea of the level of crowd noise vs. the levels of the band.? I'm not sure how that stuff works.? I hope it's for recordings.

Most bands that are recording their shows live also record the crowd noise. For instance, in live era, you can hear the crowd cheering and stuff. that isn't picked up from the mic's on stage - it wouldnt be that loud and it would be impossible to mix to the right level. so they dedicate mic's to recording the crowd noise itself incase they ever wanted to release the show. sounds silly, but its true.

its no secret that they are recording their shows. they do it so they have a record of it for themselves, too, to help them improve. you know they are recording it because in the sound tech area (in the back of the venue, with all the mixing boards and stuff) there are two mixing boards - one facing the stage (for the Front of House Sound) and one to the side, facing the left (this one is recording the show). In case you were wondering, monitors are controlled by a mixing board on the stage, to the right.

Yup, and you can see the software record it =).  It looks like a direct to disk hard drive recording setup.  Pretty neat.  I'm sure they can then mix the tracks from each mic and guitar as needed.
Ah, an official live release....  how sweet it would be (after CD..)   ok
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 08:50:29 PM »

This may have been said already, but towards the end of the Worcester show, someone threw a pink bra on stage, and Ron wore it as a hat and then over his shoulder. rofl
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 09:49:54 PM »

In Tampa a lot of the people on the floor kept asking for bottled water that the security guards had more than enough of, and Ron opened a bottle and told them to let us have it. Aw... too kind. =D

I also noticed how Axl doesn't say "with your ass in the air".. but like you all said, we all still yelled it to him! =)

And I also noticed that Axl was drinking something out of a paper cup.. someone told me tea before.. but I am not sure? Cause he had water there too and didn't drink that..

And anyone notice Axl's pinky when he plays piano?
For real.
Watch a UYI DVD and check it out. Then try it. Impossible. lololol.

peace

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 09:50:40 PM »

I've noticed that Axl sings lower than he used to. It's probably the mix or maybe there are 3 guitars now drowning out his voice.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2006, 11:30:04 PM »

I also like how we just about admitted to leaking Better before playing the song.

i was about to say that actually, just watched it again for the first time since it was broadcasted in september or whenever yes

I know what you're talking about, but i really didn't get that from him. I guess i didn't really understand - how did what he said make you believe he leaked it?

He called us a bunch of naughty downloading motherfuckers.  Then he proceeded to say that we downloaded them, and that's his story and he's gonna stick with it.  Grin

Anyone else notice that the confetti is now red and gold?
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2006, 11:34:20 PM »

What music is played between bands? Rock? Punk? Metal?

peace
Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »

I noticed that  no one in the band was drunk or strung out. How many people who saw the original band can say that, hell I saw then in 92 and everyone was either drunk or high....
Joblow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 01:04:31 AM »

I noticed that  no one in the band was drunk or strung out. How many people who saw the original band can say that, hell I saw then in 92 and everyone was either drunk or high....

And thats why they were the biggest band back then. Their songs are about drugs and they lived it.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:25 AM »

In San Francisco I noticed two mics coming from the stage monitors pointing straight out at the audience.? Maybe they're set up at the other shows too.? Anyone know what that's for?

They're probably there to record crowd noise for possible official-bootleg releases....?

a.

That's what I was thinking...unless it's for the monitor guy so that he can get an idea of the level of crowd noise vs. the levels of the band.? I'm not sure how that stuff works.? I hope it's for recordings.

Most bands that are recording their shows live also record the crowd noise. For instance, in live era, you can hear the crowd cheering and stuff. that isn't picked up from the mic's on stage - it wouldnt be that loud and it would be impossible to mix to the right level. so they dedicate mic's to recording the crowd noise itself incase they ever wanted to release the show. sounds silly, but its true.

its no secret that they are recording their shows. they do it so they have a record of it for themselves, too, to help them improve. you know they are recording it because in the sound tech area (in the back of the venue, with all the mixing boards and stuff) there are two mixing boards - one facing the stage (for the Front of House Sound) and one to the side, facing the left (this one is recording the show). In case you were wondering, monitors are controlled by a mixing board on the stage, to the right.

Most of the crowd sounded generic to me during live era... At least in between songs.. I mean in the odvious spots yes (Brownstone, PC, Rocket Queen), but all others sounded fake.... Could be wrong tho
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2006, 02:09:50 AM »

I've noticed that Axl sings lower than he used to.

I noticed this too...not all the time.  But his low voice (like the one he uses to say "And I don't Wanna Hear No More" on Civil War) hit considerably lower than usual. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2006, 08:21:14 AM »

peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39989.0

I've noticed that a lot of people get scared when the pyro goes off.....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Barney Fife
Opening Act

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!"

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2006, 09:19:53 AM »

peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39989.0

I've noticed that a lot of people get scared when the pyro goes off.....? Wink

I noticed people getting scared too, especially my wife. We were at the Cleveland show. She had never been to a GnR concert.

Another thing I noticed was that there wasn't as big of an response when they played the new songs as I expected.  They could have played Better 23 times and I would have been happy. 

I seen GnR in 92 in Dayton, and Axl still has the energy/enthusiam as he did then. And his voice is still great

Sebastian Bach has an amazing voice live.  I was blown away on a few songs.

I also noticed that the bass player for Bach is a little guy and his bass was almost as big as him.

"There once was a deputy called Fife,
Who carried a gun and a knife.
The gun was all dusty,
And his knife was all rusty,
Because he never caught a crook in his life."
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2006, 09:42:15 AM »

This may have been said already, but towards the end of the Worcester show, someone threw a pink bra on stage, and Ron wore it as a hat and then over his shoulder. rofl

ha i saw him actually give it back to the chick after the show.  only mr. nice guy ron Smiley  also, that thing about having to drag him away from signing autographs is true, after the show he was signing autographs in front of the stage and this big security dude came up to him and said, "ron we're trying to get the band outta here."  and he was like, "ok just a sec."  and this guy was like, "NO, NOW."  can you believe that shit?  i wished he woulda been like, "step off bitch i'm bumblefoot."  but off he went.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2006, 09:50:53 AM »

peace

i recall a real mixture at Hammersmith, esp. Alive - Pearl Jam was played, a lot of people were singing along smiling at the irony of the song title having waited for some time since the support finished and it was rather hot that day in there...  hihi 
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2006, 10:09:54 AM »

Anyone else notice that the confetti is now red and gold?

Gold? That's new then. In Europe was red, white and blue. At MSG was only red

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »

red ---> gold and red......it's getting Christmassy. yes

Isn't it very hot when the pyro goes off near you?
anythinggoes
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2006, 03:38:02 PM »

I remember being shocked by the heat at Dublin and like Jarmo says the people jumping when the pyro goes off is very funny.

Someone said they dont go on stage drunk?   Hmmm i dont know at MSG i swear Tommy was very drunk on Stage because he was in front of us and his antics were very funny he kept making me laugh maybe im wrong if anyone wants to put me in my place i wont be offended  Smiley
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2006, 04:18:37 PM »

Hammersmith was bloody hot... I ended up completely soaked, well I was at the front.

One of the things I will always remember, and I know it has already been mentioned is Ron's kindness

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »

oh shit yes, it gives off so much heat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: