Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year  (Read 13294 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 06:22:23 PM »

One thing I noticed at the Toronto show, and I personally really miss this side of Axl, is the lack of Axls stories/introductions for the new songs before they were played. It'd be nice to hear Axl say:-"This is a song WE WROTE about Tax Evasion. This is called IRS. I hope you like it."

Always nice to hear Axls stories. ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 07:01:55 PM »

Hey anythinggoes, Axl said the YCBM Part at Inland Invasion.  Jack and I just stared at each other in surprise.  Shocked

I also like how he just about admitted to leaking Better before playing the song.

And his little "Metal days are here again/Nice Boys" jam with Sebastian.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 07:16:44 PM by Garry » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 07:12:47 PM »

I also like how we just about admitted to leaking Better before playing the song.

i was about to say that actually, just watched it again for the first time since it was broadcasted in september or whenever yes
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »

I like Axl's new hand gesture while he sings, "'cuz it would take a lot more time than you, have got for masturbation".? ?hihi

Everyone in the audience needs to do that along with him!

ahha ya! this one---->
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 08:27:09 PM »

I noticed that I saw rockin' moms with their 13 yearolds.

That was sweet.

One thing I noticed in Chicago was a lot of folks on the floor were "too cool" to go crazy.  Maybe that's because they are rich or something... I dunno.

Every song seems to be recorded.  There's a spindle of CD-Rs in the sound booth.  The soundman has speakers that will pick up the chit chat of the band.
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »

I've noticed that Axl doesn't sing "Don't Cry." And I think it's because the song relies heavily on female backing vocals to sound good, as well as Axl needing to have all his wind to sing it. (Not being out of breath)

With that said though, I think what Ron does with it is amazing. When the crowd is singing along it's like epic or somehting.

axl doesn't sing it because he retired the song in dedication to Shannon Hoon

how do you know that? Axl's never said that, has he?

If he retired the song, he woulndt let Ron play it on his guitar. ?IMO Ron may be trying to show Axl how much the fans love that song. ?He may be trying to tell Axl to let them perform that song as a band
Edward Rose
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 01:55:46 AM »

Im more interested in knowing how much pro-shot material of this tour exists, as per request from the Guns' camp.

All of it... every show. It's also done for legal reasons. The camera footage was invaluable for the St. Louis court trial.

Oh and I also noticed that Ron sometimes like to tinker around on his guitar when Axl is yelling at someone either in the audience or in the crew.  I dunno why I find this amusing, like Axl needs some theme music for his rants.   hihi

I think it's psychology. He's doing that so the audience knows the show isn't over.

If it's true, Ron is still doing something respectful with it. If you think about it, it sounds more like a... what do they call a funureal song? Anyway, everyone singing along is cool. It's like something that would be cool for Shannon to look down and see/hear.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:58:40 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 04:59:48 AM »

Im more interested in knowing how much pro-shot material of this tour exists, as per request from the Guns' camp.

All of it... every show. It's also done for legal reasons. The camera footage was invaluable for the St. Louis court trial.

Oh and I also noticed that Ron sometimes like to tinker around on his guitar when Axl is yelling at someone either in the audience or in the crew.? I dunno why I find this amusing, like Axl needs some theme music for his rants.? ?hihi

I think it's psychology. He's doing that so the audience knows the show isn't over.

If it's true, Ron is still doing something respectful with it. If you think about it, it sounds more like a... what do they call a funureal song? Anyway, everyone singing along is cool. It's like something that would be cool for Shannon to look down and see/hear.

Maybe i've been living in a box but what happened Shannon Hoon? didnt realise he died!
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 05:00:57 AM »

Sorry what happened Shannon?
anythinggoes
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 05:03:48 AM »

Sorry what happened Shannon?

In 1995, Hoon and his long time girlfriend Lisa Crouse had a daughter they named Nico Blue. After the birth of his daughter, Hoon entered rehab again. Blind Melon needed to tour to support their album Soup with heavy pressure from the record company, so Hoon negotiated an early release from his drug rehab program with the stipulation that his drug counselor would accompany him on the road. The counselor, however, was unable to keep Hoon from falling back into his pattern of drug use and was dismissed from the tour less than a month into it. Without the counselor to rein him in, Hoon's usage of drugs escalated tremendously.

After a particularly disastrous performance in Houston, Hoon launched into an all-night cocaine binge, hurling blame all over the place. The next day, on October 21, 1995, Blind Melon was scheduled to play a show in New Orleans at the famed venue, Tipitina's. When one of the band's roadies went to the tour bus to wake Hoon up for a sound check, he was unable to rouse him. An ambulance was summoned and Hoon was pronounced dead on the scene at the age of 28. The cause of death was attributed to an intense accidental cocaine overdose.[1]

Hoon was buried in Dayton, Indiana; his grave is inscribed with the words to the first song he wrote, Change:

"I know we can't all stay here forever / So I want to write my words on the face of today / And they'll paint it"

RIP

EDIT sorry if any of the facts are incorrect i will remove if needbe
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 05:11:43 AM »

Oh right.....Thanks for the info dude!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:09 AM »

i like how Bach chips in with suggestions for songs to play.  i think it was at hammersmith that he said to axl "play IRS man" - its cool he is eager for them to play the kickass newer songs.

i also love the full-on crowd contact that robin and ron especially give the fans - giving them water, crowd surfing on them and thumbs-up stuff.  i love bands who adapt to their audience's passion - GnR do it well.  Bands like Oasis, i find incredibly boring live as they dont seem to move, or interact with actual crowd members or give off the energy that Guns does.  (sorry to stray onto oasis - just making an example.)
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 05:22:43 AM »

I also like how we just about admitted to leaking Better before playing the song.

i was about to say that actually, just watched it again for the first time since it was broadcasted in september or whenever yes

I know what you're talking about, but i really didn't get that from him. I guess i didn't really understand - how did what he said make you believe he leaked it?
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 06:18:42 AM »

At the end of the concert in Almeria when the band reunited together to salute the audience, we(the crowd) started to clap and sing "oe,oe,oe,oe.."because we wanted them to keep on playing,and they all were laughing and started to dance while we sang.It was very funny and cool. love

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »

Lanyards weren't popular in Europe

Neither are they in North America

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 09:26:12 AM »

In San Francisco I noticed two mics coming from the stage monitors pointing straight out at the audience.  Maybe they're set up at the other shows too.  Anyone know what that's for?
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2006, 10:00:07 AM »

In San Francisco I noticed two mics coming from the stage monitors pointing straight out at the audience.? Maybe they're set up at the other shows too.? Anyone know what that's for?

They're probably there to record crowd noise for possible official-bootleg releases....?

a.
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 11:02:09 AM »

In San Francisco I noticed two mics coming from the stage monitors pointing straight out at the audience.? Maybe they're set up at the other shows too.? Anyone know what that's for?

They're probably there to record crowd noise for possible official-bootleg releases....?

a.

That's what I was thinking...unless it's for the monitor guy so that he can get an idea of the level of crowd noise vs. the levels of the band.  I'm not sure how that stuff works.  I hope it's for recordings.
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »

a.

That's what I was thinking...unless it's for the monitor guy so that he can get an idea of the level of crowd noise vs. the levels of the band.? I'm not sure how that stuff works.? I hope it's for recordings.

Most bands that are recording their shows live also record the crowd noise. For instance, in live era, you can hear the crowd cheering and stuff. that isn't picked up from the mic's on stage - it wouldnt be that loud and it would be impossible to mix to the right level. so they dedicate mic's to recording the crowd noise itself incase they ever wanted to release the show. sounds silly, but its true.

its no secret that they are recording their shows. they do it so they have a record of it for themselves, too, to help them improve. you know they are recording it because in the sound tech area (in the back of the venue, with all the mixing boards and stuff) there are two mixing boards - one facing the stage (for the Front of House Sound) and one to the side, facing the left (this one is recording the show). In case you were wondering, monitors are controlled by a mixing board on the stage, to the right.

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 08:16:54 PM »

Lanyards weren't popular in Europe

Neither are they in North America

i'm actually looking forward to picking one up! ok

no joke

Fucked up and out of place
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print