Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things You Have Noticed At The Various GNR Shows This Year  (Read 13243 times)
anythinggoes
« on: December 05, 2006, 11:42:15 AM »

Hope this comes out as a good idea, basically what im looking for is an observation from any of the shows that have been played this years, things that band members have done, or people onthe sidelines have done, try and keep this as positive as possible and hopefully this will be a cool thread.

Ok ill start with an observation i have seen a lot of the shows during You Could Be Mine where axl used to sing "with your ass in the air" ive noticed he does not always sing it he mouths it and his face is a picture of joy and amusement as pretty much everyone in the crowd sings it to him.

Hopefully you get the idea so keep them coming
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:46:01 AM »

I like Axl's new hand gesture while he sings, "'cuz it would take a lot more time than you, have got for masturbation".   hihi

Everyone in the audience needs to do that along with him!

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 11:47:07 AM »

I noticed Axl sometimes likes to "tidy up" backstage. When he ran backstage, he would sometimes pick things up, adjust things, etc.....I got a big kick out of that, was the greatest frontman of all time seemingly picking up after people? ?He would also always pick up guitar picks while he was onstage and throw to the crowd too. ?When seeing them live and upclose you get to see all these tidbits that you can rarely pick up on while watching video. ?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »

Gn'R have the HOTTEST female fans ever, but I already knew that... Wink

& as much as Paradise City kicks ass live, it kinda sucks too, becuase you know the show is nearly over.. Undecided

I have tons more, but those are two I had on my mind just now.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »

George Chin has two digital cameras with him while he's scurrying around the stage.

Sometimes he takes a picture, leaves the camera to develop it, switches to another camera, takes a picture... One can only wonder how much picture material of the '06 tours there exists by now.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 12:54:42 PM »

George Chin has two digital cameras with him while he's scurrying around the stage.

Sometimes he takes a picture, leaves the camera to develop it, switches to another camera, takes a picture... One can only wonder how much picture material of the '06 tours there exists by now.

Im more interested in knowing how much pro-shot material of this tour exists, as per request from the Guns' camp.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »

I remember at Glasgow when they began 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door', Axl made a gesture to Robin to stop strumming so hard. Also at Glasgow during the same song, Axl stood singing with a towel under his foor wiping up a drink that had been thrown on stage.

At the Hammersmith Apollo, when they began Axl shouted 'D'you know where the fuck you are?! Hey we need to get this cleaned up before I slip on my ass man!' hihi

There's not anymore that I can do...
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 01:44:33 PM »

The one thing I've noticed on this tour as opposed to Europe and NYC 06 was Axl's associates standing stage left watching the band.  In Ottawa Beta was really rocking out to Better and in Quebec City I could see Merck standing there with a grin on his face (can't remember what song though - it's amazing I remember that show at all).

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 02:07:56 PM »

I like Axl's new hand gesture while he sings, "'cuz it would take a lot more time than you, have got for masturbation".? ?hihi

Everyone in the audience needs to do that along with him!

ha ha yeah let me get right on that lol.

the one an only horsey !
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:59 PM »

I know in Huntington WV he kept looking under the stage and putting his nose on the upper stage and then blowing his nose afterward. Has this occurred at other shows? I had a theory of what he could be doing but I am not gonna speculate because I don't know.
Edward Rose
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »

I've noticed that Axl doesn't sing "Don't Cry." And I think it's because the song relies heavily on female backing vocals to sound good, as well as Axl needing to have all his wind to sing it. (Not being out of breath)

With that said though, I think what Ron does with it is amazing. When the crowd is singing along it's like epic or somehting.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:38:25 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »

I know in Huntington WV he kept looking under the stage and putting his nose on the upper stage and then blowing his nose afterward. Has this occurred at other shows? I had a theory of what he could be doing but I am not gonna speculate because I don't know.

I think WV was one of the shows where he was sick.  Of course they announced that he had an ear infection and strep throat and cancelled one of the shows but i'm sure that this sickness was also accompanied with a running nose.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »

I've noticed that Axl doesn't sing "Don't Cry." And I think it's because the song relies heavily on female backing vocals, as well as Axl needing to have all his wind to sing it. (Not being out of breath)

With that said though, I think what Ron does with it is amazing. When the crowd is singing along it's like epic or somehting.

Elaborating on this, I have noticed that when Ron 1st started to play Don't Cry in his solo it was just briefly. ?As the tour went on and I saw some more shows the solo became longer due to the really positive audience reaction and sing along.

In Vegas I was watching the sound guys on the side of the stage since I was right up front against the rails. ?They have what looks like a really big digital clock on the side of the stage, I assume they use it to figure how long the show is running. ?
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 03:40:46 PM »

I noticed Robin smashed (multiple) guitars during "Better" and left the stage only to return for the solo (which Ron started because Robin wasn't back yet). hihi I enjoyed watching that exchange. Cheesy

This was at Worcester btw.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:47:13 PM by mrbrownstone8797 » Logged
Edward Rose
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »

I've noticed that Axl doesn't sing "Don't Cry." And I think it's because the song relies heavily on female backing vocals, as well as Axl needing to have all his wind to sing it. (Not being out of breath)

Elaborating on this, I have noticed that when Ron 1st started to play Don't Cry in his solo it was just briefly.  As the tour went on and I saw some more shows the solo became longer due to the really positive audience reaction and sing along.

In Vegas I was watching the sound guys on the side of the stage since I was right up front against the rails.  They have what looks like a really big digital clock on the side of the stage, I assume they use it to figure how long the show is running. 

I was wondering how this idea came about. (Don't Cry) That's cool. I didn't see them until the Hammersmith Apollo gig, and not again until Sheffield, England. So I didn't see it evolve.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »

Tommy throwing his bass, Axl giving some roadie the middle finger, the little jams.  All at Download 2006.

And the fact that GN'R kick serious ass.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »

Oh and I also noticed that Ron sometimes like to tinker around on his guitar when Axl is yelling at someone either in the audience or in the crew. ?I dunno why I find this amusing, like Axl needs some theme music for his rants. ? hihi
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »

Like how Ron does some Knight Rider thing right before Knockin' On Heaven's Door at Rock Am Ring.

Axl says: "Here's a song that was not written by David Hasselhoff", and Ron does some funky thing in the background.  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 04:36:54 PM »

I've noticed that Axl doesn't sing "Don't Cry." And I think it's because the song relies heavily on female backing vocals to sound good, as well as Axl needing to have all his wind to sing it. (Not being out of breath)

axl doesn't sing it because he retired the song in dedication to Shannon Hoon

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »

More than anything... I am really impressed (and pleasantly surprised) by how much of an exciting tandem Axl and Robin Finck have become live... both have improved their appearances and the quality of their live performances 1,000% since 2002.... and they have great chemistry together live. I really think this is THE main reason that the band has been getting (mostly) such positive reviews... GN'R has always been about multiple characters and personalities... and Robin is really starting to soldify himself in that #2 role.ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: