Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:47:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  My neibors
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My neibors  (Read 5041 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« on: December 06, 2006, 08:30:07 PM »

My brother and I moved into our new apartment about two months ago. Nice area. Everything we need is right down the street. The night we moved in I introduced myself to our neibors, which by the way are three 19 year old girls (SCORE !). I made small talk and we chit chatted, and she brought up that whenever they have there music to loud to just ask them politely to turn it down and they will, because they had the cops called on them for it. My brother is a supervisor at a pretty major company and I am a Veterinary Tech at an animal clinic. We get up pretty early and we like to get our sleep right ? We also like to have geusts over for drinks and what not. Not to mention when i bring a girl home we dont like to listen to that shit. Well one night, about a week after we had moved in they had there rap playing. And its not that the music was that loud its just that the bass must have been turned up all the way and our place was vibrating like hell. My brother walked over there and told them to turn it down, which they did. Same thing happend the next day, same situation, they turned it down. Well they started to do it day after day for days. So my brother and i talked to them about and they agreed that they would turn it down (its not that my brother and i are uptight party poopers we just dont want our place vibrating and we just dont wanna listen to that shit). Not 5 minutes after our little talk with the neibors they turn there shit up even louder. The nerve. So we went to the landlord about it and she said she would take care of it. Whatever she said must have worked because we didnt here any rap bullshit for a week. Well after a week they start playing there shit louder than ever. So nothing we say or do will convince them to keep there music turned down to a moderate level, the cops wont convince them to keep it down, the landlord wont convince them to keep it down, and we certanly cant convince them to keep it down. What can I do to show them i am serious ?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:31:49 PM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Casey Shelton
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:36:34 PM »

Big paragraph dude!

Keep calling the cops. Go to your local court and ask what you can do.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »

Play annoying music even louder.

I had a neighbor some time ago who played "Wind Beneath My Wings" like 100 times a day until I was ready to kill myself. 

So I found an old tape of Techno and would nicely leave it on at top volume for his pleasure when I wasn't there.  After a few days he got the hint.

Or you can do the sane thing and ask your local police if there is a noise ordinance in your town. 
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:53:28 PM »

Just tell them that bass vibrates your whole house and you dont thik rap is cool anyway. They shouldnt be allowed to play loud bass at nite.
Casey Shelton
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:08:28 PM »

Is it rap that they're playin?  Shit buy some barry manilow and get some headphones for your tv so you dont hear it when YOU CRANK IT UPPPPPPPP!

Or get some slayer reign in blood. That'll melt the paint off their walls.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 09:09:51 PM »

Good neighbours should be there for one another. Sad
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »

Is it rap that they're playin?? Shit buy some barry manilow and get some headphones for your tv so you dont hear it when YOU CRANK IT UPPPPPPPP!

Or get some slayer reign in blood. That'll melt the paint off their walls.

i would but i don't want to have to punish my other neibors

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:00:51 PM »

I'd say - Blast Back Off Bitch as loud as you can, along with One In A Million, and Hair Of The Dog on repeat for hours.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 11:55:24 PM »

I was sort of in your situation a few months ago with the new apartment I moved into.  I live on the bottom level and the apartment above me was empty.  Well a month after I moved in, these 2 dudes and a girl rented the one upstairs.  Everything was groovy until the weekend when it became party central.  Now I work 2 pm till 10 pm and I usually go to bed around 2 am.  I work different days all the time and usually always work the weekends.  Anyhow, every weekend these fuckers would be playing music FULL BLAST....the other 4 apartments didn't seem to care, but I felt the brunt of every note of music.  I let it go the first weekend, but the next it got worse.  There was a fucking full blown party up there with like 10 people and I noticed some trash got thrown down onto my patio.  These are pretty nice apartments and first and foremost to have trash thrown around on them is just bullshit.  Anyhow the next weekend same shit.  I let it go till 2:30 am.  I was laying down and I heard people upstairs jumping and banging shit.  I get dressed, go up and tell them I have to work and to please turn the music down and keep quiet.  The one kid gets smart with me and the next day I find even more trash on my patio.  I keep it cool, because in my old age there's not reason for me to lose my temper.  Needless to say, I went to the landlord (which was a very stern kind of guy) and he came down the next weekend that they were playing music.  30 days later, they were finding themselves a new place to live.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
EFISH
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 11:58:10 PM »

Cut the first 20 seconds off of Better, copy it on to a CD about 200 times. Then just play it full blast all night on repeat. I guarentee you it'll work.  hihi
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »

you guys have to realize, me playing my music LOUDER than theres would just dumb me down to there level. i want to do something creative.

i could bake them brownies and tell them there hash brownies when really they have a bunch of laxitive in them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 12:04:38 AM by Axlfreek » Logged

Hemingway
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 12:16:02 AM »

you guys have to realize, me playing my music LOUDER than theres would just dumb me down to there level. i want to do something creative.

i could bake them brownies and tell them there hash brownies when really they have a bunch of laxitive in them.

Why, when you can just keep complaining until somebody gets sick of hearing you complain and finally has to act on it.  If you have other neighbors, maybe they're pissed off about it also.  Make small talk with them, like "hey, man holy crap are those people loud with their music."  They may be like yeah, I've noticed that also..then you guys can form a little tenant union and approach the landlord in that fashion.  Don't stoop to their level, because in the long run it could bite you in the ass and cause you to get evicted. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 12:36:03 AM »

Talk to the landlord again and ask why this won't stop? The landlord can kick them out if he/she wants.

Personally I think the landlord can do more than the police will want to do.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 12:40:44 AM »

If that doesn't work, I would say kill them with kindness (at least make one last ditch attempt).   bring them a bottle of wine or something, calmly, thoughtfully explain your situations, agree to a compromise (no loud music after 10pm sun-thurs, something like that).

If that doesn't work, then you seek drastic measure, but at least give it all you got.  you said they are pretty young, not that that excuses them, but they are probably just really naive, ignorant and arrogant and just don't know better.

I agree with SLC, I would think your landlord would have to be able to do more then he/she is.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 12:45:23 AM »

I agree with SLC, I would think your landlord would have to be able to do more then he/she is.

Landlords don't want the other tenants to become upset and not want to live there. They want tenants who stay and renew their lease and pay on time. If another renter jeopardizes this, then they will want those tenants OUT.

That is why I'd call that landlord (nicely, you will get more with sugar than vinegar on this one) and notify them about these asshole neighbors.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 01:05:40 AM »

release a gator in their backyard  hihi

...or keep calling the cops, i guess  Huh

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 01:25:54 AM »

Send some dude to sabotage their stereo.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 02:13:14 AM »

burn down their door

cut their power off

Tongue

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 01:05:01 PM »

Haha, maybe they keep blasting the music because they want you to come over.  Grin

Seriously, tell the landlord that if he doesn't put a stop to it, you're moving.  I guarantee he'll make sure they stop.  If he doesn't and you move out, the next tenants will complain as well.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 01:17:37 PM »

I would say kill them

I agree
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: