Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game V: The Self-Destruction of Malcolm!(Bob Backlund Authorized)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game V: The Self-Destruction of Malcolm!(Bob Backlund Authorized)  (Read 93994 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:24 PM »

It is unfortunate.

That much is true.

We in the UK do have the advantage that Smackdown airs here, ahread of the States, so it's all swings and roundabouts, so to speak.

Now the rules aren't perfect, but in all honesty, there is not much i can do.? There is no "Yep, I'll reserve him" option or anything like that (I remember when D read a rumour the New Age Outlaws were returning and said if they did they were his for "Insert Name Here" & "Here").? Even funnier than that was the PPV where X-Pac was rumoured to return, now he did not buy the event but stayed online for several hours reading the rumour sites ready to pounce? rofl i found it hilarious when he didn't.

So some people have advantages at certain times, and at other times other people do.

The rule is this though, until someone debuts on tv, you can't draft them.

So, as you know, there are many wrestling boards, i recommend wrestlecrap.? Guys over there will have a thread dedicated to the show and will talk in it every 2 minutes, trust me, it's like a running commentary, so, if you are really desperate, you stay up, you view the thread, the you Pounce.....Period, and all that jazz.

Also a rule to note, is the having one member from every roster in your team.? Remember this when you make the trade, if you trade for the wrong person, if someone else notices before you can correct it then they can go for Brown since your trade will of been invalid and will not count.? Same goes for people making the trade before he debuts, i'll be checking board times and matching things up Tongue

Remember as well it will cost you 2 TRADES and you WILL NOT be able to trade any other debutants during this game, so be careful.? Chances are Lashley will be Champion through until 'Mania, someone better may come along, think first, be brave, stay up late, power to the people.....

.... smoking

Any complaints, queries, PM Evolution, if he's out, PM Jim, if he's drunk, PM Stoned

Wink
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »

PM Stoned....if he's Stoned, your fucked  hihi

Ok i understand it now  ok

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2007, 07:24:38 PM »

^ i was wondering the same as i was gonna pick him in the morning (when im sure the show would be definatly over)

yeah but you know he'll be gone in the morning.

I just want it to be known i asked for him first. ok

And i think this first come first serve basis is stupid for ECW coz of the reasons i've already stated.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2007, 07:30:02 PM »

It is unfortunate.

That much is true.

We in the UK do have the advantage that Smackdown airs here, ahread of the States, so it's all swings and roundabouts, so to speak.

Now the rules aren't perfect, but in all honesty, there is not much i can do.? There is no "Yep, I'll reserve him" option or anything like that (I remember when D read a rumour the New Age Outlaws were returning and said if they did they were his for "Insert Name Here" & "Here").? Even funnier than that was the PPV where X-Pac was rumoured to return, now he did not buy the event but stayed online for several hours reading the rumour sites ready to pounce? rofl i found it hilarious when he didn't.

So some people have advantages at certain times, and at other times other people do.

The rule is this though, until someone debuts on tv, you can't draft them.

So, as you know, there are many wrestling boards, i recommend wrestlecrap.? Guys over there will have a thread dedicated to the show and will talk in it every 2 minutes, trust me, it's like a running commentary, so, if you are really desperate, you stay up, you view the thread, the you Pounce.....Period, and all that jazz.

Also a rule to note, is the having one member from every roster in your team.? Remember this when you make the trade, if you trade for the wrong person, if someone else notices before you can correct it then they can go for Brown since your trade will of been invalid and will not count.? Same goes for people making the trade before he debuts, i'll be checking board times and matching things up Tongue

Remember as well it will cost you 2 TRADES and you WILL NOT be able to trade any other debutants during this game, so be careful.? Chances are Lashley will be Champion through until 'Mania, someone better may come along, think first, be brave, stay up late, power to the people.....

.... smoking

Any complaints, queries, PM Evolution, if he's out, PM Jim, if he's drunk, PM Stoned

Wink

I think if a wrestler is signed to WWE you should be able to sign them up at the start.

you could even make a rule that if they are yet to debut you cannot trade them until they have debuted, which would make it a risk. or maybe signing a undebuted wrestler is enough of a risk

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2007, 08:02:09 PM »

nah, the current rules apply well. Plus I don't really want Monty Brown that much anymore

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »

I drop shannon moore for monty brown or whatever his name is!  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:43 PM »

Right, so what happens if next time somebody is going to debut that I fancy, but I won't be up to catch it, I just run a program that posts "I swap *new wrestler* for HHH," every five seconds?

Eh?

Eh?!?!

Come on, answer men.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2007, 10:56:24 PM »

Right, so what happens if next time somebody is going to debut that I fancy, but I won't be up to catch it, I just run a program that posts "I swap *new wrestler* for HHH," every five seconds?

Eh?

Eh?!?!

Come on, answer men.

I understand your frustration, i dont see another way of doing it. I actually just got damn lucky, cuz i didn't really know what was going on and happened to see stone's post and well I need all the help i can get cuz i am sucking it, so i took him.? smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2007, 11:20:33 PM »

*Note Marquis Cor Von was drafted after his match so his points will not be awarded this week.

Raw
Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Val Venis.

Smackdown
Funaki, Jamie Noble, Scotty 2 Hotty, Tatanka, Vito.

ECW
Al Snow, Christopher W. Anderson, Shannon Moore, Stevie Richards, Little Guido Maritato, Tony Mamaluke.

Recurring Legends
Brad Armstrong, Brooklyn Brawler, Hulk Hogan, Kamala, Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes, The Rock, Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Steve Austin, Terry Funk, Ron Simmons.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Tazz, Armando Alejandro Estrada, Coach, Jerry Lawler, Shane Mcmahon, Vince Mcmahon, Kristal, Layla, Little Bastard, Jillian Hall, Josh Matthews, Michelle McCool, Sharmell, Ariel, Kelly Kelly, Maria, Ashley, Trinity, Torrie Wilson.

Inactive/Injured
Jazz, Paul Burchill, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, Rob Conway, Beth Phoenix, Candice Michelle.

Timothy: John Cena, JTG, Brian Kendrick, Balls Mahoney, Sylvan (6) = 0
Neemo: Edge, The Miz, Idol Stevens, Daivari, Eugene (6) = 0
sweet616: CM Punk, The Great Khali, Undertaker, Rory McAllister, Johnny (6) = 12
Stoned: Batista, Shad Gaspard, Gregory Helms, Elijah Burke, Lance Cade (6) = 12
Evolution: Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Joey Mercury, Trevor Murdoch (6) = 32
axl_rose_700: Randy Orton, Montell Vontavious Porter, Matt Hardy, Robbie McAllister, Mike Knox (6) = 0
Jim: Triple H, Dave Taylor, Jimmy Wang Yang, Sandman, Super Crazy (6) = 5
slash666: Johnny Nitro, Paul London. Hardcore Holly, Vladimir Kozlov, JBL (6) = 0
Gnrfan: Rob Van Dam, Kenny Dykstra, William Regal, Viscera, KC James (5) = 5
D: Chris Benoit, Carlito, Mickie James, Sabu, Melina (4) = 0
high_times: King Booker, Test, Chris Masters, Tommy Dreamer, Marquis Cor Von (4) = 5
Malcolm: Jeff Hardy, Finlay, Boogeyman, Victoria, Rene Dupree (6) = 0
BlowUpYourVideo: Shawn Michaels, Kane, Sylvester Terkay, Ric Flair, Kevin Thorn (6) = 0
Mallrat: Umaga, Ken Kennedy, Chavo Guerrero, Matt Striker, Snitsky (6) = 5

ECW
Matt Striker = 5
CM Punk = 12
Marquis Cor Von = 12
Elijah Burke = 12
Sandman = 5
Lashley = 32
Test = 5
Rob Van Dam = 5

Current Standings:
1. Timothy - 155
2. D - 134
3. Malcolm - 130
4. Evolution - 123
5. Stoned - 101
6. BlowUpYourVideo - 86
7. slash666 - 78
8. high_times - 76
9. sweet616 - 71
10. Gnrfan - 67
11. Mallrat - 59
12. axl_rose_700 - 48
13. Jim - 46
14. Neemo - 23
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »

woth this many people i'm wondering if about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through the game if some of us should be eliminated and our picks be dispersed in a draft...pickups would count as a trade of course

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2007, 10:33:22 AM »

woth this many people i'm wondering if about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through the game if some of us should be eliminated and our picks be dispersed in a draft...pickups would count as a trade of course
i think everyone should be involved, i just like the idea of a tag and singles division bein seperate and relegations are cool hihi

If, if, TNA Impact was live we could include them.  Unfortunately since Impact is taped 2-3 weeks at a time there are just way too many spoilers
Evolution
« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2007, 12:03:19 PM »

The trading issue and complaints will be addressed properly, soon as Evolution is about i'll have a chat with him and something will be sorted hopefully, don't worry.

On a totally different subject area, i had, an idea, probably won't be liked but i just had a long bus journey so i was thinkin' bout things, like you do.

One of the problems we faced this game was a numbers issue.  Each game we have got more and more people and although we said we'll put a 14 Player Limit on it, if new people want to join, well it's hardly fair.  So i had an idea, of sorts.

Let's imagine, theoretically, that, we have 16 Players next time, we could do a split.  8 for the singles game, 8 for the tag game.  The 8 singles players would be the top 8 in this singles game, the tag champs, if in the top 8 would have the option of choosing which game they wanted to do, if they chose the tag game then players 9-10 would receive their spots.  Now at the end of the game the tag winners would get the option to be "Promoted" if they wanted to the singles game to replace 7th and 8th who would join the tag game, if the tag people decided not to then the runner up tag peeps would get the chance.  Anyway, just a random idea to deal with the numbers and put a spicy bit of a relegation feel to it, i mean i rate the tag game but i know D & Evolution would see it as relegation and being failures.... hihi

All in favour say aye? I do and Stoned likes it, plus I'm told Jim wants it too.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2007, 12:10:30 PM »

Sounds cool or maybe do a regulation type of thing ....bottom 2 or 3 sit out the next game while 2 new people get a shot

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »

I say we do TNA but u cant drop anyone from your roster

Everyone adds like 3 guys each from TNA and u are STUCK with those 3 guys. That way spoilers wouldnt matter.

I Think something definitely has to be done, cause in a game of this size, draft order matters way too much.

I personally feel that New Debuts shouldnt be allowed. IF they debut, they have to wait till next game to be included, cause a big debut can swing the balance WAY too much.

Everyone's 4th and 5th picks are mediocre and if someone is able to grab a big time debut for their 5th spot, its just too big of an advantage and to me that isnt fair cause u are getting a first or 2nd pick talent with the last pick.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2007, 12:43:44 PM »

I say we do TNA but u cant drop anyone from your roster

Everyone adds like 3 guys each from TNA and u are STUCK with those 3 guys. That way spoilers wouldnt matter.

I Think something definitely has to be done, cause in a game of this size, draft order matters way too much.

I personally feel that New Debuts shouldnt be allowed. IF they debut, they have to wait till next game to be included, cause a big debut can swing the balance WAY too much.

Everyone's 4th and 5th picks are mediocre and if someone is able to grab a big time debut for their 5th spot, its just too big of an advantage and to me that isnt fair cause u are getting a first or 2nd pick talent with the last pick.

I also agree something needs to be done with numbers of players. Though I'm noob to this game on this board i do feel 14 is way to much. But I do think 8 is too few. I think we can do it, and still make it competitive if you do it with a 10 player limit.

I don't know if I agree with adding TNA and than on top of that several restrictions to the TNA part of the roster. I agree with whoever said no TNA till they go live.

Debuts should be allowed. Though with everyone in different times zones, and some places getting an edge on smackdown and others getting an edge on ecw. Maybe we should put it so debuts are only eligable starting 24 hours? after U.S. broadcast of the show they debuted on. That should give everyone ample time to know whats going on and who debuted.? smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »

you cant change the rules now.

i think its agreed by all that the people who choose in the middle have the worst positions. so i think you keep the list format as it was before this game and give the people in the middle first choice and work from there

so if there was 10 player position 6 would get first choice of the new talent and the 5 and then 7 and then 4 and so on. I think thats the fairest way.

Not to be rude but i will never get 1st choice coz i dont stay up till 2 to watch it. I have work to go to.

so not to knock the people who make decsions coz i know its hard and i know you got alot of people to please. but thats how i stand.

as far as TNA wrestlers go. i think you cant do it this game but it would be interesting for next game to have 8 wrestlers each from WWE and TNA

[/color]

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2007, 01:36:22 PM »

I love the idea of adding a few ppl from TNA to the roster and im still undecided about the whole debut thing...Maybe it would be fair to go from whoever is in last place can take the guy if they want him or work from the middle of thye draft outwards...Not sure

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #297 on: January 18, 2007, 04:38:53 PM »

Tony Mamaluke, Al Snow, Danny Basham, Doug Basham & Sylvester Terkay have been released by WWE

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #298 on: January 18, 2007, 04:43:02 PM »

there goes half the wrestlers available for trades hihi

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #299 on: January 18, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »

BlowUpYourVideo has Terkay in both games  hihi