Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Commitee says Bush policy in Iraq "Not working"...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Commitee says Bush policy in Iraq "Not working"...  (Read 9607 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 03:54:42 PM »

That should solve most of the problems.  We don't have to worry about Osama and Al Qaeda.  They were just a creation of the US Government to cover up the attack that Bush planned on 911 so that he could start a war with Iraq to get his oil buddies in Texas rich, help Cheney's shares in Halliburton, and get revenge for his father. 

Funny you mention that, since his oil buddies did get rich(er), Halliburton's stock doubled, and it is on the record that Bush wanted in Iraq well before 9-11.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2006, 08:29:12 PM »

Commitee says Bush policy in Iraq "Not working"...

No shit...

you took the words right out of my mouth..

Edward Rose
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2006, 11:30:40 AM »

I won't take part in the discussion, but just say that it's a helluva week for me. I've had an anti-Bush/anti-war movie on the internet for several months now, with the expectation that this dumb fuck President would be called out eventually, no matter how much control his family has over the majority of the U.S. media. And I actually wrote the script almost a year ago!  hihi

Great pic SLC...

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:52:42 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2006, 03:35:19 PM »

Great pic SLC...

Im not comfortable with it.  Its cheap and lazy.  Simply juxtaposing the president with dead soldiers or caskets can be done in any conflict, no matter how justified it may be.  So in itself, it proves no substantive point.  The issue isnt that soldiers died per se, as thats a terrible fact in any war; its that they died in such a grossly unjustified, terribly planned, terribly executed war.  Such a simple attempt at satire doesnt appeal to me much. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:12:43 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Hysteron
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2006, 03:39:12 PM »

Great pic SLC...

Im not comfortable with it.? Its cheap and lazy.? Simply juxtaposing the president with dead soldiers or caskets can be done in any conflict, no matter how justified it may be.? So in itself, it proves no point.? The issue isnt that soldiers died per se, as thats a terrible fact in any war; its that they died in such a grossly unjustified, terribly planned, terribly executed war.? Such a simple attempt at satire doesnt appeal to me much.?

War? I still remember when it was called an invasion.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2006, 03:43:02 PM »

so now pro-bush understand what we all said 3 years ago ? or they're still in denial , that they've been fucked over.?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2006, 05:16:36 PM »

Bottom line- we need to get out of Iraq and give the govt there a chance to be able to control their own country. It will get to a point where we are going to have to tell them they need to wipe their own asses and that's it. We can only do so much. Things are getting better, but slowly, media doesnt cover those stories though. The worst thing we could do is hand over the reigns to Iran like they have suggested. One Iran is bad enough.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »

Things are getting better

Really?  Please expound.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 11:35:41 PM »

Such a simple attempt at satire doesnt appeal to me much. 

Do you really think it was meant to be satire?

Bottom line- we need to get out of Iraq

Ready to "cut n run"?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:37:13 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 01:20:34 AM »

Unless the intent of the pictures creator was to earnestly connect the "Mission Accomplished" slogan with dead soldiers, and we know it wasnt, it would be classified as satire.  Cheap, simple-minded satire.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 01:34:38 AM »

Unless the intent of the pictures creator was to earnestly connect the "Mission Accomplished" slogan with dead soldiers, and we know it wasnt, it would be classified as satire.  Cheap, simple-minded satire.

I'm not sure what the original intent was, although I disagree with using satire as a way to define it.

If I remember correctly the majority of soldier deaths occured since Bush claimed "Mission Accomplished".
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 04:30:05 AM »

I'm not sure what the original intent was, although I disagree with using satire as a way to define it.

Its obvious that the intent was ironic; your usage implies that much.  You dont really think the picture was meant to be non-ironic, do you? 

Satire denotes use of ridicule, irony, sarcasm, etc., to expose folly or vice or to lampoon an individual.  Thats clearly what it was intended for, and thats clearly how you used it.

If I remember correctly the majority of soldier deaths occured since Bush claimed "Mission Accomplished".

Thats right.  Whats your point?

Maybe you misunderstood what I meant when I said "connect the slogan with dead soldiers."  I didnt mean the literal "Mission Accomplished" event or slogan.  I meant the sentiment with which the picture was made and whether it was meant to be non-ironic.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2006, 05:27:33 AM »

I see it as a method to make a serious point, not poke fun at Bush.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2006, 11:07:39 AM »

Huh

Most satire does make a serious point - it does so through sarcastic or ironic means, as that picture does. 

I should also clarify that Im not necessarily offended by it - the only offensive part to me is its laziness.  I actually posted something similar myself during the John Kerry nonsense, in which photographs of fallen soldiers were played during Bushs delightful "Where are the WMDs?" bit, though I posted it despite the commentary and not because of it (it was the first version of the speech I found).  I didnt have much of an issue with it because I felt the point was relevant, unlike this picture.  It pointed out the inappropriateness of the commander-in-chief goofing on his own bogus justification for war while soldiers are dying for of it.  This picture makes no similarly substantive point.   
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:14:07 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »

alright, guys, enough semantic Smiley

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »

Who are you kidding. You take every oppurtunity to "poke fun" at Bush even if it means using the deaths of American soldiers as an angle. ?You have so much respect for the dead and the sacrifices that they believed in making (remember the vast majority of military members support the war) that you use them in your personal agenda and for something they wouldn't support. ?You're no different than that nitwit Cindy Sheehan who exploits her son's unfortunate death in Iraq. ?Did anyone ever stop to ask if her son would support her cause? ?Obviously the answer would be no since he volunteered to go back there a second time and believed in what he was doing.

You do and can make valid arguments SLC without invoking emotional responses that dishonor the dead. ?Don't try to backpedal and claim it was something else. ?All of your pictures are simplistic "answers" that lack any merit and only appeal to the uneducated and stupid. ?Anti-abortion nuts use the same techique when they spam towns with pictures of aborted fetuses. ?You're no different and both acts are dishonest.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

Who are you kidding. You take every oppurtunity to "poke fun" at Bush even if it means using the deaths of American soldiers as an angle.  You have so much respect for the dead and the sacrifices that they believed in making (remember the vast majority of military members support the war) that you use them in your personal agenda and for something they wouldn't support.  You're no different than that nitwit Cindy Sheehan who exploits her son's unfortunate death in Iraq.  Did anyone ever stop to ask if her son would support her cause?  Obviously the answer would be no since he volunteered to go back there a second time and believed in what he was doing.

You do and can make valid arguments SLC without invoking emotional responses that dishonor the dead.  Don't try to backpedal and claim it was something else.  All of your pictures are simplistic "answers" that lack any merit and only appeal to the uneducated and stupid.  Anti-abortion nuts use the same techique when they spam towns with pictures of aborted fetuses.  You're no different and both acts are dishonest.

I do poke fun at Bush quite a bit as he deserves it.

But I find nothing funny about dead Americans coming home. In fact it really pisses me off. Maybe your guys getting put into a meat grinder over a bunch of fucking lies is ok with you, but it ain't with me. Like I've said in the past, my family is military and against the war. If anybody is "for the troops" it is me, the guy who didn't want to send them into that hellhole for a bunch of trumped up charges in the first place.

The rest of your post is not worth responding to. I have about 6k in political posts I bet, I've addressed plenty. Take your lies about me, your non thinking yellow ribbon waving ass, and shove it.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2006, 01:39:42 PM »

I do poke fun at Bush quite a bit as he deserves it.

But I find nothing funny about dead Americans coming home. In fact it really pisses me off. Maybe your guys getting put into a meat grinder over a bunch of fucking lies is ok with you, but it ain't with me. Like I've said in the past, my family is military and against the war. If anybody is "for the troops" it is me, the guy who didn't want to send them into that hellhole for a bunch of trumped up charges in the first place.

The rest of your post is not worth responding to. I have about 6k in political posts I bet, I've addressed plenty. Take your lies about me, your non thinking yellow ribbon waving ass, and shove it.

Are you shitting me?? You're mister "I got a picture for every response" and you're saying I don't think.? You repeat the same rhetoric day in and day out and delude yourself into thinking you know something most don't.? I've told you a million times that I was against the war from the start, but I'm not gonna use the deaths of people who died for a cause they supported to push my personal agenda.? Basically what you're doing is calling the dead troops to stupid to be able to decide if their cause was worthy.? You buy into bullshit conspiracy theories such as 9/11 was orchestrated by the govt (don't you even dare rebut this, you made it clear as crystal on your personal site) that standup to no scientific scrutiny, yet I don't think.?

You address dick, you post pictures that appeal to your xenophobic base that has no interest in learning or understanding what is going on.? They've had their opinions pre-made and spoon fed and ain't nothing gonna change their mind.? Attack me for waiving a yellow ribbon, but when is the last time you submitted a care package?? ?If you care so much, why do you spend endless hours bitching on a GN'R forum.  Actually go out and do something.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 01:45:01 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2006, 01:50:36 PM »

You continue to lie about me, says a lot about you.

I post all kinds of pictures, but that would probably make up about 1-2% of my posts (political and non political.)

Same rhetoric huh? Yup, I have not wavered from my stance since day one, if that is what you mean. And I have been right. I was right about everything regarding Iraq. I know you guys hate hearing that. The NIE report concluded what I have said since day one.

My personal agenda? Care to explain what that is?

My "agenda" is that we don't invade countries under false pretenses. That we don't slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians for nothing. That we don't, as Americans, torture people. That we don't spy on our citizens, and lie to our citizens. That we start acting like who we say we are: America. Not some fascist regime with a stooge at the helm.

The only thing I claimed was that we should accept different opinions of 9-11. That there is overwhelming evidence that we were not told the entire truth about that day (this would fall under: not lie to our citizens.) But you keep posting that I "believe all these conspiracy theories." Why do you keep lying like this?

You are really out of your mind nuts man.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »

Not that SLC needs defending, but....

Are you shitting me?  You're mister "I got a picture for every response" and you're saying I don't think.

True, usually to be humorous, sometimes to be poingant.  Why are pictures any less of a way to communicate than words are?  Why do you think people have been using them to communicate for the last, oh, few thousand years?

You repeat the same rhetoric day in and day out and delude yourself into thinking you know something most don't. 

Pot. Kettle. Black.   Ain't mirrors the most wonderous things?

I've told you a million times that I was against the war from the start, but I'm not gonna use the deaths of people who died for a cause they supported to push my personal agenda.

Yet you do...because you continue to say things like this:

"You're no different than that nitwit Cindy Sheehan who exploits her son's unfortunate death in Iraq.  Did anyone ever stop to ask if her son would support her cause?"

Basically what you're doing is calling the dead troops to stupid to be able to decide if their cause was worthy.

Do you know anything about the military?   I mean..the real front line troops who do the serving and the shooting and the protecting and most of the dying?  You don't get to "decide if your cause is worthy". You follow orders.  You protect your fucking country and do what the CIC says.  It's not your JOB to agree with him, or make policy decisions, or even objective decisions.   Being a soldier means not having the luxury you and I do to debate what's right and what's not....a luxury THEY provide, I might add...other than the fact they get to vote same as you and me every 4 years.  It's not about "being stupid"...or anyone thinking "the troops are stupid"...they do their job, and do it well.  They're loyal and honerable men and women.  SLC is calling the CIC "stupid"....not the troops.  Any assertion to the contrary is an outright lie.

You buy into bullshit conspiracy theories such as 9/11 was orchestrated by the govt (don't you even dare rebut this, you made it clear as crystal on your personal site) that standup to no scientific scrutiny, yet I don't think. 

Might want to read his site again.  Because he does no such thing, nor has he ever said he believes our government orchestrated 9/11.  He's said there are lots of unanswered questions (true) and we have not been told EVERYTHING about what led up to the attack (also true).  Both of those assertions stand up to scrutiny just fine.

You address dick,

Then you're not paying attention.

you post pictures that appeal to your xenophobic base that has no interest in learning or understanding what is going on.

Not true, on any level.  They just contradict your way of thinking so you choose to rail against them.

They've had their opinions pre-made and spoon fed and ain't nothing gonna change their mind.

Says the guy who quoted Ann Coulter but refused to cite her as a source.  Please.....might want to examine your own batch of knowledge and opinions....

Attack me for waiving a yellow ribbon, but when is the last time you submitted a care package?   If you care so much, why do you spend endless hours bitching on a GN'R forum.  Actually go out and do something.

First off, wave the yellow ribbon all you want.  To me..that means supporting the troops.  As for what I (or SLC, or anyone) does for the troops and their families.......just like the charity discussion...that's between me and my family.  And you bringing it up is crude, crass, and classless on SOOO many levels, it doesn't even bear discussion.

As for posting on a GnR forum...how many posts do you have again?  That Kettle's gettin' blacker and blacker by the second....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 02:11:50 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: