Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MINNEAPOLIS 12-2-06 Target center [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MINNEAPOLIS 12-2-06 Target center [DISCUSSION]  (Read 15705 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 03:40:48 AM »

That was the most excvited ive been about a GN'R show for ages. The set ruled. Hope there is a video of it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
asianstyles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 04:09:43 AM »

Just got home from the show and it was awesome, except for the fact that the lady sitting next to me spilled about half of her beer on me. The setlist was unbelievable - they played all the songs that I had hoped for. I was really hoping for Rocket Queen and Madagascar and both were played. The fans were really into it and even seemed to enjoy all of the guitar solos. It seemed that the majority of the crowd hadn't heard the new songs before, even Madagascar, as there were very few people singing along with these songs. Axl didn't provide us with any rants, but he did say something to the effect, "Isn't it like 17 degrees outside, you must be some tough motherfuckers."

The only thing I didn't like about the show was Helmet. I thought that they were boring. All of their songs sounded the same to me and their stage presence wasn't that great.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 04:13:51 AM »

Did Helmet play Unsung? I fuckin love that song

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 04:15:06 AM »

ta muchly for the updates!  down on the farm again!!  peace  glad you enjoyed so much asianstyles.
Wingman17
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 04:25:35 AM »

What a night!  Definatly the best Gnr show I have seen.  The crowd was amazing.  The floor was packed, lower level about 95% full, and upper was pretty scarce.  Not sure if it was more than the '02 show, but it seemed close.  Axl was in a great mood, very appreciative toward the crowd.  Great set, pretty much same as Ames, but Rocket Queen and down on the farm, which was very cool to see.  No sound issues, everyone sounded great.  It  was one hell of a show, I hope everyone get's a chance to see show like this. 
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2006, 04:28:41 AM »

I just got back from the show...

It was amazing.

Helmet played Unsung. ?They are a great band, not really made for arena style rock shows, though, unfortunately.

The crowd was into it, and most people stayed until the end and were always into it. ?There was some drunk assholes bitching about how "they love guns n roses but axl is an asshole" and then they starting harassing my girlfriend for "being so hot" (forcing me to confront them, which is not something I want to waste my fucking time doing at a Gn'R concert). ?Once WTTJ started, they shut the fuck up, and actually left by the sixth or seventh song, being so wasted. ?So that was nice ?ok

Axl and the whole band were incredibly. ?Everybody seemed into it, nobody seemed to be "having a bad day" as I've heard in other reviews. ?Axl was singing his heart out at every turn, Richard, Robin, and Bumblefoot all tore it up in fine fashion as expected. ?The solos were incredible. ?Tommy seemed to be having a great time and as commented by a friend of mine, Dizzy's buttcrack was in full view (to her satisfaction)

Axl did make a joke about how we're all "tough motherfuckers" for being able to handle the cold, and that's why he left indiana, it was too cold. (or something along those lines). ?At the end of the show, after PC, he thanked the crowd for a great night, his voice sounded a bit horse. ?Tommy said something into the mic, I couldn't understand it, but Axl said, "and tommy thanks you too"

So, all in all, great setlist, amazing performance, I can't wait until they come back!!

Other stuff:
Axl jumped on the piano for the blues.? ? During a solo, Axl put on Ron's Russian looking cap thing, and did a little dance with it.? ?Somebody chucked some sort of item on stage, which axl swung around with playfully.? ?This might have been mentioned before, but Axl has shaved his goatee.? Earlier on during the show, Axl said something to the effect of "Tommy said he had a lot of friends here" (Tommy is from Minneapolis, for those who don't know).? Also, when Axl asked us to help him "sing this" on KOHD, the crowd response wasn't so great.? He said, "Is that a yes or a fuck off?" - in a very joking and friendly manner - ? and then the crowd cheered louder and got into it.

The band sounded particularly tight on Nighttrain, as expected.? I thought Axl sounded amazing on The Blues, better than I remember at Hammerstein.? His voice was solid through the whole show.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:41:21 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2006, 04:33:39 AM »

Tommy said something into the mic,

He said he had fun tonight.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2006, 05:06:54 AM »

Just got back from the show!  Best one of the tour so far!

Down On The Farm, Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, OTGM, Chinese, Madagascar!

Awesome!   beer

anythinggoes
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2006, 05:20:49 AM »

The band sounded particularly tight on Nighttrain, as expected.? ? His voice was solid through the whole show.

I think they must really like and enjoy playing this song beause every time i hear it they sound so tight and amazing i love hearing the new band playing this live.

Thanks for the updates everyone and that sounds like an amazing show i wish i could of been there
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2006, 06:13:51 AM »

That was the most excvited ive been about a GN'R show for ages. The set ruled. Hope there is a video of it.

peace

I seen a red LED light from a camera going through out all of Bach's set. So let's hope.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 06:16:30 AM »

Oh - and it was a Bra. Axl threw it on the stairs, then went up and then kicked it off the stage.

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 06:28:07 AM »

Wow,last night?s show seemed like an amazing show!Congrats to all of you who attended it and thanks for keeping us who can?t be there so well informed ok

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 06:53:32 AM »

As much as I'm disappointed about the lack of updates with regards to CD, it's good to see that Axl and the band are still keeping up the GN'R tradition of playing 2 hours and longer shows. I know partly that's due to the solos in there, but damn, they played 21 songs tonight and that's pretty damn impressive at Axl's age (or anyone Axl's age!), especially with what the songs require from him vocally, and the rest of the band too.

And without starting a VR vs GN'R debate, that's one thing I felt a bit short changed on when I saw VR live, they played 1.5 hour show, while GN'R still manage a 2.5 hour show. Which I guess we were spoilt from the UYI tours, but have come to expect from GN'R.

Anyway, great setlist, good to hear that the few days rest did Axl some good! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
danny9894
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 07:43:45 AM »

Just got back from my first concert ever (seriously) and I am still in awe. I cannot sleep so I will tell you my experience. I sat with my friend in section 138 in like row 8 so the seats were pretty good but I will never sit in the stands ever again if I see them. The first opening act mdz or w/e was ok, suicide girls were pretty fucking awesome, sebastian bach was top notch but helmet was a BIG disappointment. Almost everyone of their songs sounded the exact same and their singer sucked imo. Then the first note of WTTJ was played and I was in complete awe. After watching MANY gnr concerts live I couldn't believe I was actually experiencing at the concert in person listening to it. IMO Axl's voice was top notch tonight and I am glad they played a good amount Chi-Dem (hopefull) songs. All in all I will definitely go see them again hopefully next time with a new record!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:24 AM »

I've gotta say it was very cool reading the updates from this show - One day it seems it's all gonna come crashing down and then you hear about shows like this and you think the exact opposite. I'm getting the feeling he's testing out cities and trying to determine if they'll go back there, should the album be released. Milwaukee is probably not on that list. ( Based on ticket sales )
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »

Wow - what a great setlist!  Glad to hear you guys had fun.....    beer

I'm not surprised that some people are saying that Helmet sucks - they do!   hihi
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »

Gotta admit it.  I'm feeling some jealousy about Rocket Queen.  Lucky fuckers.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 11:48:31 AM »

Gotta admit it.  I'm feeling some jealousy about Rocket Queen.  Lucky fuckers.

Man, the whole fuckin' joint was into it, EVERYONE in my section that I could hear were singing along, and it was fuckin' awesome.

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »

Sounds like you guys in MN got a kick ass show! I wish they would've included Rocket Queen, Down On The Farm, and Used To Love Her when they played Chicago.  Oh well.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »

Damn that show must have been great.

Rocket Queen, I.R.S, Madagascar, Down On The Farm and Used To Love Her drool drool drool

I didn't hear any of those at my show. Fuckin' festivals smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: