Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MINNEAPOLIS 12-2-06 Target center [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MINNEAPOLIS 12-2-06 Target center [DISCUSSION]  (Read 15672 times)
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »

Damn, sounds like Minneapolis had the best show in the midwest. I would have loved to hear all those songs! They didn't play any thing special in Chi-town just the same list but again I know he was sick. Lucky ass mother****ers! Great reviews! Thanks everyone!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2006, 03:47:19 PM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3C1WMJ6Z

My pix from MPLS.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »

Here's my take on the show which I already posted in the reviews section....mine's a bit more drunken and I have to admit I forgot some parts of the show until I read your review...(that James Brown part was so cool)....anyways, here it is....

The show last night was awesome!! It was a roller coaster marathon of rock n' roll that had me exhausted when I walked out of the Target Center at 2:15 am. I already was nice and buzzed up when the show started at around 8:00 with the Suicide Girls doing their show which was actually pretty sweet  ....3 beers and a joint later, Sebastian Bach takes the stage and gets the almost sell out crowd rocking. This guy hasn't lost a thing in 20 years. I was really impressed with his whole show, especially "Youth Gone Wild". 2 more beers and another joint...things start to get fuzzy...Helmet takes the stage and after hearing the first two songs, I decide they kinda suck and decide to stock up on beer and food. While waiting in line for an overpriced sub, some dude comes up and comments on my GNR shirt, the shirt I got in Vegas on their first show back way back on 01-01-01. He asked if I was on the boards at all and I thought that was cool. Always good to see another fanatic. Keep on rockin whoever you were. I get back to my seat just intime to see the last two songs of Helmet. I thought their show was kinda sucky and I think most of the crowd agreed. The most exciting part of that was the fight that broke out right behind me. I saw some dude get punched and fall forward 2 rows of stairs. Then 2 chicks start pushing and shoving. I hadn't seen a catfight in a while, so I thought that was pretty cool. 11:37 the lights dim and the opening riff of "Jungle" bellows throughout the Target Center. The crowd explodes as Axl screams "Do you know where the fuck you are?!?!" The first 5 songs of the show (mostly off Appetite plus "Live and Let Die" were unbelievable...The energy was amazing and I'm surprised Axl's voice sounds awesome...considering he's been sick and shit. The first guitar solo starts and drags on far too long. I notice some Jimi Hendrix in the solo which was pretty cool. After this is when things really get fuzzy. I remember Sweet Child O' Mine starting and I can't help but think that I miss Slash. The solo at the end of the song breaks out and I don't miss Slash anymore, this band rocks the shit out of the song and gets the crowd right back into it. Then the ballads start, the beer and weed slap me in the face and I feel the momentum being dragged down again. I look around and everybody is holding up their cell phones. Axl comments that it looks like a christmas tree in there. Then a piano solo, I think I heard "Angie" that was pretty cool. "November Rain" and "The Blues" come on and the crowd was loving it. The next part of the show was so fucking sweet!! GNR rocked the shit out of "Down on the Farm" and once again, I'm in awe of the overall crowd response. Then came another long drawn out guitar solo...these things were cool in their own way, they just killed the momentum for me. I start to look for water, and get angry I can't find any. Maybe I shouldn't have drank that last beer. Then they picked it back up with "Out ta Get Me" and "You Could be Mine" which were simply amazing. I think to myself this was money well spent. I think the band went into another little jam and I get excited this should be the last little break in the show. Wow, i'm drunk...why'd I drink that last beer? The crowd gets rowdy as they pump through "My Michelle" with Baz (which was awesome) and Nighttrain and walk off stage. After about 2 minutes of the crowd going insane the boys come back onstage with "Chinese Democracy" The pyro was awesome as waves of fire went back and forth behind the band. The crowd went nuts and I was surprised to hear alot of people singing along. "Madagascar" was next and the crowd plateaus through this song in anticipation of "Paradise City". Once PC starts the crowd explodes again. I hear axl going nuts and I can't believe how good his voice sounds. The band played so well together, I couldn't believe it. Compared to the band I saw in Vegas in 2001, it was like night and day. It's like a whole new band now. They played better together, there was more energy, and they blew my mind. After Paradise City concludes with a hail of confetti, explosions, and fire. I have never heard the Target Center so loud in all the shows I've seen there. I apologize, everything was a blur for me, so I might have mixed up the order in the show or something. There were a couple other really cool parts but I can't remember right now. My body aches and I have a nasty hangover. I'm gonna go take a nap.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »

I just got back to Vegas.....fucking amazing show, IMO it was better than the 2 shows at the Hard Rock...I was still front row on the floor, just unbelievable....We rode the nightrain starting friday night well into sunday, and again sunday night, I'm shot....Sex drugs and Rock n' Roll all the way, booze, coke, pussy and Gn'R, what a weekend, I'm gonna go fall over now, rock n roll.

Axl is God.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2006, 09:19:39 PM »

that's what it's about, man
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2006, 10:16:02 PM »

Ok, so heres my review....although it's more about the weekend than it is about Gn'R, as it was written for my friends and not people here, but I hope you enjoy reading it none the less, I just copied and pasted it from my myspace blog cause im too lazy to write two...here it goes:

Sex, Drugs, and Rock N' Roll..........that pretty much sums up my weekend, since there was a lot of all. I got to Minneapolis at about 4:30...Peterson was there and we went to the Booze Mart then to his house. Everyone else then showed up soon, and the party was on. We went to a bar and sang Kareoke......my drunken rendition of "You Could be Mine" was the loudest that night. I won't go into too much detail, but I will mention that I was a druken coked out mess running around naked at 7 am screaming Gn'R songs. Then I fuck and then I sleep Smiley

Saturday....this is the big day. Up at 2 pm and grab a booze, crack the Nightrain bottle (one of MANY) and wake up the rest of the house by screaming "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!!!!!" Everyone gets up and we slowly start getting ready. By 6 pm, we are ready to leave. We went to Chevy's mexican place and ate and drank. Whitney spent 100 bucks on shots. At about 8:30 we proceed to the Target Center. We missed the Suicide Girls, which was fine, since I had my own girl before and after the show. Sebatian Bach fucking rocked, his voice is as powerful as ever. After Sebastian, I went out looking for my Crue. (Motley spelling intentional) I found Miranda and we drank in the lobby while Helmet was playing. (They sucked anyways) We then made our way up front to where Peterson and Whitney were. I was basically front row, eith only the two girls in front of me. The lights go out, and Robin Fink appears in front of me in the dark. He teases with "Welcome to the Jungle" and then came that scream filling the arena......"DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!" Absolute mayhem...This was the longest show of the tour so far, 21 songs total, even better than the Vegas shows. Peterson was going ape shit the whole time, especially when "Rocket Queen" was played. I was in tears for a lot of the show, I lost my voice by the end of the show. After Axl screamed "BABY...LEAVE.....MINNNEAPOLIS MINNESOTA....GOOD....FUCKING...NIGHT!!!!!!!" at 2:15 am, we all met and tried to find a cab back to Petersons. Once we got back, the party was on once again. I was so full of energy still (Miranda was happy about that ) We drnak, and everyone else passed out...Miranda and I had our own party till 7 am. I woke up 4 hours later, still in amazement. I then got to see my sister and her baby Lily, and then Everyone went home. Peterson and I continued the party, drinkin Nightrain by ourselves reminising about old times. We went to bed, got up this morning, I had luch with my sister, then went back to the airport and came home to Vegas. I am sad now. I love Minneapolis. Maybe one day I can move back there. I want to thank Everyone who came and partied with me this weekend. Whitney, Jodi, Terry, Gaj, Brandi, Amber and Josh. A special thanks to Peterson for letting his house turn into a Rock n' Roll Circus. And an extra special thanks to Miranda, for coming down and being the coolest girl I have met in a long time. Hopefully we will be closer together in the future. Well, that's my weekend. It's one thing to use the term "Sex Drugs and Rock n' Roll." But it's another thing to live it.

Here's the full setlist from the show:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's so Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Better
Robin Finck solo
Sweet Child 'o Mine
Knocking on Heavens Door
You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Down on the Farm
Band Intro
Out To Get Me
November Rain
Used to Love her
IRS
Bumblefoot solo
My Michelle
Rocket Queen
Patience
Nightrain
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Paradise City

P.S. I'm going agian January 13 in Reno....it's too bad everyone else can't come with me.

Rock n' Roll.

Axl is God.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2006, 10:24:30 PM »

Everyone's forgetting I Feel Good on the list. After NR and before Love Her.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2006, 10:28:53 PM »

he sang like 2 lines of i feel good.....and i just copied the list from someone on here, i really dont care if i got the order right

Axl is God.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »

he sang like 2 lines of i feel good.....and i just copied the list from someone on here, i really dont care if i got the order right

I know - but once John M. puts it up on the site, it'll be in the list.

How was Chevy's?

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2006, 10:34:35 PM »

I know - but once John M. puts it up on the site, it'll be in the list.

How was Chevy's?

Chevys was expensive, lol my friend Whitney spent 100 bucks for like 9 shots, it was packed, there were 12 of us, and we noticed a bunch of other people there for the show, good food though

Axl is God.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2006, 11:21:21 PM »

Yeah - sounds like a normal day for Chevy's.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2006, 12:01:48 AM »

I am relieved that Whitney and Peterson had a good time. I was really worried.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »

Since everyone's covered everything just wanna add a couple more points.

Ron owned this night and his energy was up 100x from the night before.  Very impressed with the way the band was on stage, absolutely incredible.

Second, for those of you message board nerds that always bitch about the setlist but have a wet dream every time a rare song is played just consider this:  Down on the Farm got FAR AND AWAY the LEAST fan reaction during the night.  I counted 3 people on the floor that were into it.  Sure it was cool to be apart of and hear since I've never heard it live before, but I wouldn't want that song substituted for a "normal" set list song......especially if it was my first GNR show.....which for many it is.  The only time it should be played is when they go over 20 songs like tonight. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »

Down on the Farm got FAR AND AWAY the LEAST fan reaction during the night.  I counted 3 people on the floor that were into it.

I was one of the 3, the crowd went dead for that song, no one knew it, the new songs and solos got a better reception.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »

Since everyone's covered everything just wanna add a couple more points.

Ron owned this night and his energy was up 100x from the night before.  Very impressed with the way the band was on stage, absolutely incredible.

Second, for those of you message board nerds that always bitch about the setlist but have a wet dream every time a rare song is played just consider this:  Down on the Farm got FAR AND AWAY the LEAST fan reaction during the night.  I counted 3 people on the floor that were into it.  Sure it was cool to be apart of and hear since I've never heard it live before, but I wouldn't want that song substituted for a "normal" set list song......especially if it was my first GNR show.....which for many it is.  The only time it should be played is when they go over 20 songs like tonight. 

Dude, the lower seating sections, EVERYONE was goin' nuts!

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

Little late, but here are a couple of decent pics from the show.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2006, 01:56:03 PM »

Very cool shots ipoopie. You're excellent at photography, aren't you?

@ Deeznuts, that's interesting info no one has reported.
no doubt the setlist is a well thought out and best chosen one.  yes

Thanks for the reviews, everyone.  beer
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »

iPoopie - Gee that side of the stage looks familer! :lol:

And, my pictures;
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o30/axlander3/120206/

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2006, 10:55:06 PM »

How can I make my pics pop up on my reply?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2006, 10:58:08 PM »

How can I make my pics pop up on my reply?
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16583.0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: