Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]  (Read 37313 times)
parisrocks
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2006, 06:42:42 PM »

I, too, went w/ a group.  Out of 7, only 2 were die-hards.

All 7 left the show amazed.

On the long ass drive back to Missouri I received phone calls validating our position as long-term fans. 

It IS worth it!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »

I just recieved this text...I'm assuming it was taken last night by ipoopie?? It's a shot of the crowd and looks pretty damn good to me

Yes, I took that picture.? I thought the crowd was decent size, so I just wanted to let you all see it.? ?Wierd though, I sent the picture last night and LittleFly just received it?? I cannot send updates tonight because I am going with such a big group.? But if anything major happens I will text little fly again.? I will probably send a picture of tonights crowd as well.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 06:49:16 PM by ipoopie » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
SalamiGlasgow
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2006, 07:50:56 PM »

Greatest fucking show of my life! I don't know why people are bitching about the "late" start...This is Guns n Fucking Roses...I don't understand some people,its a fucking ROCK SHOW...It was a good sized show and everyone seemed into it...I know I was...I made my way up to the very front,right in front of Tommy and Robin...I kinda lost it during the show,I really went crazy during Better,Jumping and singing,sorry for any toes I crushed or heads I butted,haha!The guys noticed me and my buds really getting into the show and singing the new tunes,Robin was fucking awesome,pointing at us and giving us water bottles throughout the show...and Tommy...The guy was in outter space, The shit he was doing during November Rain had me laughing my ass off!Axl was in top form and this show had a great fucking mix, everything was totally clear and Axl was going nuts running the stage...People were passing out left and right from exhaustion, it was intense, that is a fucking rock show,and I hope everyone was okay,but that goes to show how intense Axl gets the crowd...After the lights went down and everyone started leaving the arena, the lights finally came back on and Beta was still on stage, We yelled at her and she gaves us the thumbs up and pointed, then Axl came back out and she gave him his coat, we yelled our thanks, and he yelled 'Thank you very much' and clapped for us few left on the floor...Amazing night....The openers were great....Some people are just impacient twats and got to boo people...Whatever...Everyone was awesome...Grade A fucking show...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2006, 10:47:37 PM »

I gotta give Axl some props for riding on a bus for 12 hours.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
benchiefjr
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2006, 11:09:25 PM »

again...Helmet effin sucks. Cry
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

I gotta give Axl some props for riding on a bus for 12 hours.

where did you see that AXL ROSE was on a bus for 12 hours?  Maybe someone in their crew or party was, but no one said he was...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »

if the airline was down , he was done also , think about it
pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2006, 11:38:02 PM »

Helmet fuckin rocked balls. 
parisrocks
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2006, 01:07:08 AM »

been a Helmet fan for more than 10 years.

No one has any business preceing GN'R than Sebastian Bach.
benchiefjr
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2006, 01:44:09 AM »

if the airline was down , he was done also , think about it
cool...band with no melody whatsoever  Roll Eyes
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2006, 02:44:27 PM »

I want to tell you guys the show was top notch for a man that I truely think was still a bit ill. He coughed a few times and when he spoke during the Roth comment (which everyone has posted about) and got cut off when he said something like "Well I didn't know how this was gonna turn out but, okay thanks" then the band started playing. I also felt that he was still a bit under the weather when he introduced the band. Yet, he still sounded better than ever. If he was sick he masked it very well.? The mix was perfect the crowd seemed into it but, I really could not tell you because SalamiGlasgow and I and a few others near us went nuts. We were head banging, yelling Robin, Tommy, Richard, Axl and Ron. People were surfing and getting kicked out. People were just plain passing out. Security was very nice... they handed out water... Thanks Phil Donahue and Co. (one of security looked like him) Some Interesting things that have yet to be mentioned Personal and None. 1) During November Rain Tommy was going crazy like people said but, during the lyric, "Everybody Needs Some Time On Their Own" He was bent down in the same area as me and my friends (FRONT ROW CENTER RIGHT) and looked to us and said," I Do" stuck his tongue out and laughed and was totally hellarious. 2) Tommy the entire concert... he made funny faces and looked like he really enjoyed himself. 3) Robin Finck gave me the first water bottle. I yelled and cheered for him the whole time since he was on our side most of the night-morning. I just yelled " Robin Water" and he threw it to me. Also a bit earlier than that I yelled Robin and pointed with SalamiGlasgow and he did a kickass smile and and nod. Later, He threw one to SalamiGlasgow too. Robin was the best and I always think is the best at a show. Hence, when the show was over one of the three shirts I bought was a rf shirt... it is badass. Never seen it before. 4) Before? The Blues Dizzy Played Angie On Piano 5) Axl did the a hellarious nut grab on the "Suck Me" I about cried with laughter. Yet he was all over the place and you were utterly amazed 6) Oh, before their set like during Modern Day Zero and Helmet you could see GNR members like Robin, Tommy, Frank, Ron. Robin was either getting hit on by one of the Suicide Girls or she was trying to spark conversation but, Robin was having none of it and proceeded to stretch out... It was funny to me and SalamiGlasgow. 7) Helmet was good but the crowd was too eager for GNR and I think they should have maybe opened and Modern Day Zero been last... MDZ was awesome. The Suicide Girls should only come out when the stage is being switched for bands. Cool Beta was dancing on the right of the backstage... she danced through like the first 5-6 songs and then she just hung outside Axl's dressing room and gave pats to him and Tommy and whomever went by. She seemed very excited and loving. 9) When the show ended and people cleared out I seen Beta with "the white robe" and I yelled Beta and she bowed and kinda waved but had "the white robe" then Axl came out again and I yelled for her and she waved and then I yelled Axl and he turned before he got the robe and kinda did the stop motion wave freeze thing. My friend SalamiGlasgow yelled and pointed too now and I yelled you are the best and thanks and kept pointing and then he turned again and did a extended wave thing and said thank you thank you and pointed kinda and Beta and him were all smiles. They seemed like the nicest people in the world. 10) I got merchandise... I got the rf shirt, gnr star logo with with ivy and the similar image on back (note before now I never knew the gnr shirts had sparklies on them it's kinda cool) and the blue gnr shirt with the guns. This was the one hell of a performance by a amazing band. This band appears to be getting better and better. There should be no bad reviews. This show probably was the best show he has done of the tour til this date. Everyone was on key and Axl was perfect. One minor funny was It's So Easy Had to Be started twice... some problem with Tommy's Bass or His sound or something... It was not his fault I believe... He was crazy but, never missed a note. If you can see GNR do it... this band is 1,000,000,000 times better live and than the "other" band. This Is GNR and I love them. Also, to the Pirates Of The Caribbean Mother Fucker at the show... Thanks for punching me in the back a dozen times... preciate it. You were never gonna get the front and guess what you didn't... Jackass. On a scale of 5 stars this show was 5 stars... Kyle Munson of The Des Moines Register doesn't know a good show or music for that matter. I challenge you for your job and a fight. I hope you get fired. If I think of anything more I'll let you know... Later
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:45:05 PM by hbk_cvh » Logged

Cos I'm A Human Being...
david rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2006, 03:15:09 PM »

wow
that was awsome man
thanx for sharing
im here in israel but reading this make me feel im just there
loved the "beta and axl part"
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2006, 08:13:03 PM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.? But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.? We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.? This is Axl, and this is GNR though.? Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

I appreciate the response, but I was not being serious at all. ?Moreover, you confirm what many are well aware of and what my post said, that a major snowstorm hit the Midwest, and travel was delayed from Chicago. ?Why go after me for that, isn't that a little touchy?? Trust me, I was in the storm, I know that a typical 5 hour trip can turn into 10 in that kind of weather--that's why I posted what I did.? I posted nothing that was untrue, trying to perpetuate a rumor, or insulted anyone.? Why that post, why go after that??

I know there will be hundreds of synchopants here to now bash me to death's end, and for what? ?Half-drunkenly postulating that someone who was an hour and a half from their original hometown maybe went home to recover from illness, and then was caught in an awful snowstorm? ?It's too bad, in my opinion, that you felt the need to take this on. ?I think it would have been better left to disapear into cyberspace. ?The show went
 on, and it sounds like without a hitch. ?So hope all is well, and glad everyone made the trip to and from safely. ? Oh, and I am not into spreading lies, but am into spreading the "good" word about this GNR. ?If you notice, I am a big-time supporter, that has spent over $5000 dollars to and from gigs across N. America since 2001. ?The Replacements got me into rock music, and GNR sealed my love for it---so this combination of players, to me is heaven. ?I let everyone I know, who are music aficianados like myself, how talented and powerful this band is. ?I am very disapointed, that whatever GNR is, feels so insecure that they might be threatened by the messageboards.? It's just weird. ?Really sorry to have caused an issue, but was not trying to stir the pot.? ?To be quite honest, I was getting ready to get in the car and head to tonights show, daring the bad roads (6 hour drive--four friends, none have tickets yet, were buying floor).? I've waited the the whole tour for these shows, saving my money.? It was going to be a helluva a party--but after this, I might have to reconsider.? Weirded out by the pure vanity and lock down going on here.? ? Undecided

Please, do us all a favor and stay home.  Bad jokes, innuendo, double meanings and cheeky sarcasm only leads to online confusion which in turn becomes bastardized into fact.  You say you're concerned about the psychophants?  You have no legs to stand on or for that matter fingers to type with.  Try being on this side of the fence.  Oh yeah, you would have to be a responsible professional and not someone spends way too much time being negative on the internet.  The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.   
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2006, 08:21:25 PM »

Beta, I appologize for the disruption but I think you are picking on the wrong guy this time. This guy has been actually very positive and supportive of the band. You can read his posts if you don't believe me. It's just the bad joke that he made that probably misled you. Just my humble opinion. Peace.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
EFISH
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2006, 12:04:31 AM »

Yeah, Minneapolisnewsman has been around for a while and is positive towards the band.

Ah well, just a misunderstanding from both parties I assume.

And hey, Beta's online now, isnt there a show right now?! Maybe Beta can give us the live updates.  hihi
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2006, 11:20:12 AM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.? But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.? We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.? This is Axl, and this is GNR though.? Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

I appreciate the response, but I was not being serious at all. ?Moreover, you confirm what many are well aware of and what my post said, that a major snowstorm hit the Midwest, and travel was delayed from Chicago. ?Why go after me for that, isn't that a little touchy?? Trust me, I was in the storm, I know that a typical 5 hour trip can turn into 10 in that kind of weather--that's why I posted what I did.? I posted nothing that was untrue, trying to perpetuate a rumor, or insulted anyone.? Why that post, why go after that??

I know there will be hundreds of sychopants here to now bash me to death's end, and for what? ?Half-drunkenly postulating that someone who was an hour and a half from their original hometown maybe went home to recover from illness, and then was caught in an awful snowstorm? ?It's too bad, in my opinion, that you felt the need to take this on. ?I think it would have been better left to disapear into cyberspace. ?The show went
 on, and it sounds like without a hitch. ?So hope all is well, and glad everyone made the trip to and from safely. ? Oh, and I am not into spreading lies, but am into spreading the "good" word about this GNR. ?If you notice, I am a big-time supporter, that has spent over $5000 dollars to and from gigs across N. America since 2001. ?The Replacements got me into rock music, and GNR sealed my love for it---so this combination of players, to me is heaven. ?I let everyone I know, who are music aficianados like myself, how talented and powerful this band is. ?I am very disapointed, that whatever GNR is, feels so insecure that they might be threatened by the messageboards.? It's just weird. ?Really sorry to have caused an issue, but was not trying to stir the pot.? ?To be quite honest, I was getting ready to get in the car and head to tonights show, daring the bad roads (6 hour drive--four friends, none have tickets yet, were buying floor).? I've waited the the whole tour for these shows, saving my money.? It was going to be a helluva a party--but after this, I might have to reconsider.? Weirded out by the pure vanity and lock down going on here.? ? Undecided

Please, do us all a favor and stay home.? Bad jokes, innuendo, double meanings and cheeky sarcasm only leads to online confusion which in turn becomes bastardized into fact.? You say you're concerned about the psychophants?? You have no legs to stand on or for that matter fingers to type with.? Try being on this side of the fence.? Oh yeah, you would have to be a responsible professional and not someone spends way too much time being negative on the internet.? The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.? ?

Jarmo, this is a personal attack, if there every has been one.  Just want to point that out.  Secondly, this is getting ridiculous in nature, and insane.  Jarmo, can you please let whoever this is, know, that I have been a big supporter fo this band (I guess my other post did not explain that enough, or was not read thoroughly).  I hope, this is not the modus of operandi for this bands management; if it is, there is much more to worry about than late starting times.  I am a huge fan of the band, have never attacked the band, and am quite certain this is a very unprovoked attack.  Weird, and disapointing.  Jarmo, PM me if you have any questions or a reply.  Very sad about this, as I have been a diehard supporter and fan for over ten years, and now am attacked like this for no reason or a misunderstanding.  It is too bad, and disheartening.

FYI, There is a big difference between "psychophants" (is that a word), and "sychopants".   Axl used that word in a few songs, on UYI's.  It is one who is servile, in nature, no matter what the circumstances.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2006, 11:35:03 AM »

There's no question about the fact that you're a big supporter of the band, but that joke was lame....

You're not the first person to make that kind of jokes.

That's what this is about.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2006, 01:26:22 PM »

There's no question about the fact that you're a big supporter of the band, but that joke was lame....

You're not the first person to make that kind of jokes.

That's what this is about.

/jarmo

Oh well, at least they made it to the gig, even if they were a little "tartey"!? I do think, this was a little too much and you need to defend or explain the joking side people, who helped make your board what it is, to management or whomever these assistants are.? You've done a great job building this place Jarmo, and I think there is some underlying tension going on, that maybe making this place a little strange, and could become another downer for longtime fans. 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:41:20 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2006, 09:20:21 PM »

I want to tell you guys the show was top notch for a man that I truely think was still a bit ill. He coughed a few times and when he spoke during the Roth comment (which everyone has posted about) and got cut off when he said something like "Well I didn't know how this was gonna turn out but, okay thanks" then the band started playing. I also felt that he was still a bit under the weather when he introduced the band. Yet, he still sounded better than ever. If he was sick he masked it very well.? The mix was perfect the crowd seemed into it but, I really could not tell you because SalamiGlasgow and I and a few others near us went nuts. We were head banging, yelling Robin, Tommy, Richard, Axl and Ron. People were surfing and getting kicked out. People were just plain passing out. Security was very nice... they handed out water... Thanks Phil Donahue and Co. (one of security looked like him) Some Interesting things that have yet to be mentioned Personal and None. 1) During November Rain Tommy was going crazy like people said but, during the lyric, "Everybody Needs Some Time On Their Own" He was bent down in the same area as me and my friends (FRONT ROW CENTER RIGHT) and looked to us and said," I Do" stuck his tongue out and laughed and was totally hellarious. 2) Tommy the entire concert... he made funny faces and looked like he really enjoyed himself. 3) Robin Finck gave me the first water bottle. I yelled and cheered for him the whole time since he was on our side most of the night-morning. I just yelled " Robin Water" and he threw it to me. Also a bit earlier than that I yelled Robin and pointed with SalamiGlasgow and he did a kickass smile and and nod. Later, He threw one to SalamiGlasgow too. Robin was the best and I always think is the best at a show. Hence, when the show was over one of the three shirts I bought was a rf shirt... it is badass. Never seen it before. 4) Before? The Blues Dizzy Played Angie On Piano 5) Axl did the a hellarious nut grab on the "Suck Me" I about cried with laughter. Yet he was all over the place and you were utterly amazed 6) Oh, before their set like during Modern Day Zero and Helmet you could see GNR members like Robin, Tommy, Frank, Ron. Robin was either getting hit on by one of the Suicide Girls or she was trying to spark conversation but, Robin was having none of it and proceeded to stretch out... It was funny to me and SalamiGlasgow. 7) Helmet was good but the crowd was too eager for GNR and I think they should have maybe opened and Modern Day Zero been last... MDZ was awesome. The Suicide Girls should only come out when the stage is being switched for bands. Cool Beta was dancing on the right of the backstage... she danced through like the first 5-6 songs and then she just hung outside Axl's dressing room and gave pats to him and Tommy and whomever went by. She seemed very excited and loving. 9) When the show ended and people cleared out I seen Beta with "the white robe" and I yelled Beta and she bowed and kinda waved but had "the white robe" then Axl came out again and I yelled for her and she waved and then I yelled Axl and he turned before he got the robe and kinda did the stop motion wave freeze thing. My friend SalamiGlasgow yelled and pointed too now and I yelled you are the best and thanks and kept pointing and then he turned again and did a extended wave thing and said thank you thank you and pointed kinda and Beta and him were all smiles. They seemed like the nicest people in the world. 10) I got merchandise... I got the rf shirt, gnr star logo with with ivy and the similar image on back (note before now I never knew the gnr shirts had sparklies on them it's kinda cool) and the blue gnr shirt with the guns. This was the one hell of a performance by a amazing band. This band appears to be getting better and better. There should be no bad reviews. This show probably was the best show he has done of the tour til this date. Everyone was on key and Axl was perfect. One minor funny was It's So Easy Had to Be started twice... some problem with Tommy's Bass or His sound or something... It was not his fault I believe... He was crazy but, never missed a note. If you can see GNR do it... this band is 1,000,000,000 times better live and than the "other" band. This Is GNR and I love them. Also, to the Pirates Of The Caribbean Mother Fucker at the show... Thanks for punching me in the back a dozen times... preciate it. You were never gonna get the front and guess what you didn't... Jackass. On a scale of 5 stars this show was 5 stars... Kyle Munson of The Des Moines Register doesn't know a good show or music for that matter. I challenge you for your job and a fight. I hope you get fired. If I think of anything more I'll let you know... Later

I was Front Center, a bit to the left. I don't know if you heard me but I was heckling Helmet's roadies. Telling them to get all of their bullshit off of the stage.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »

I just recieved this text...I'm assuming it was taken last night by ipoopie?? It's a shot of the crowd and looks pretty damn good to me

Yes, I took that picture.? I thought the crowd was decent size, so I just wanted to let you all see it.? ?Wierd though, I sent the picture last night and LittleFly just received it?? I cannot send updates tonight because I am going with such a big group.? But if anything major happens I will text little fly again.? I will probably send a picture of tonights crowd as well.

You were pretty close to me up there, I was row 10 (actual row 6).  Did you see those skinny 40 year old ladies stumbling up and down the stairs all night?  The one time she came down and her boyfriend was just holding her up by her jacket.  Do you have any more pics?  I could only find LALD, Used to Love Her, and a bit of Brownstone on youtube, has anyone else found any more?  And can people please stop whining in this thread, sorting through Beta, Newsman, and Jarmo's posts are pretty boring and old. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: