Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:16:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]  (Read 37606 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2006, 02:28:23 PM »

Is it correct that November Rain WAS NOT played?Huh peace

It such a signiture song, surprised it was omitted. Maybe because it is a longer song & they wanted to fit in more uptempo rockers?

It wasn't omitted. 
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »

? ?yes november rain was played, not sure when. and nobody threw anything at my son. like someone posted earlier robin gave the security guy a pick to give to him. and yes he has a guitar hero now, ?3 of em. ?along with the rest of the band. ?it was his birthday by the time guns came on, and i'm pretty sure he will never forget his little gift from robin. ? ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »

? ?yes november rain was played, not sure when. and nobody threw anything at my son. like someone posted earlier robin gave the security guy a pick to give to him. and yes he has a guitar hero now, ?3 of em. ?along with the rest of the band. ?it was his birthday by the time guns came on, and i'm pretty sure he will never forget his little gift from robin. ? ok

Aww that is so great!!!!!  Happy birthday to your son!  One he will never forget for sure! Grin
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

thats really cool!  your son must be over the moon!  sounds like a great atmosphere at the gig, thanks to all for the updates and setlists.  x
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »

Alright I just got back from the show, and it was fucking awesome!  Smeagol2124 did an awesome review of the show.  Me and him pretty much had the same seats except i was on the bumblefoot/Dizzy/Fortus side.  I think the crowd on his side must of been a lot better than on myside cause a lot of people on my side were fucking dicks.

I just wanted to clarify something Guns werent really that late getting on.  I don't believe it was even an hour wait.  People on my side were booing so early and just deciding to leave like 35 minutes into the wait.  The thing that blows me a way is do you not even know who you are going to see?  I also had this guy who kept flipping off axl every time he really close to us.  I thougt for sure this guy would be kicked out but axl didn't do anything.  I wonder if he just didn't see him?  People starting leaving after 2 but it just doesn't make any sense why people would leave when they paid to see this band.

That was the bad stuff.  The good thing is the band sounded incredible.  Not a thing went wrong.  Not a guitar, vocal, or keyboard problem.  Bumblefoot seemed upset though for some reason.  Actually during one of the songs I saw Tommy look over at bumblefoot and ask him "What's wrong? What's wrong?".  So I don't really know what that was about (by the way tommy was super into it the whole night).  People were really into the guitar solos from side, but when dizzy did his (by the way it was really awesome) people really didn't get the whole piano solo thing.  Frank is really good in gnr he trys getting the crowd into it.  Axl sounded incredible and looked great.   

Everyone go see this band.

smeagol2124 pointed this out earlier but in our town of Des Moines in the paper they did have a article saying that chinese democracy was coming out on dec. 18.  I called all of towns cd sellars and they didn't have anything about that, but i was just curious if anyone has heard anything about this date?  I'll call the newspaper today.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 03:21:46 PM by Hatts » Logged

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2006, 03:32:03 PM »

Listening to 94.9 FM on the way down at 7:30 the dj call interviewed Axl.  I'm sure it was recorded earlier in the day or the week.  They were in the middle of rehearsal.  Axl said that they were almost done and just were going to run through PC one more time.  The DJ's first question was "when is CD going to come out".  Axl gave the same answer "fall or late fall"  and the DJ's like, it's December and Winter Axl, do you mean fall 2007?   So there was a chuckle and that was the extent of the interview.  Then Axl held the phone up to must of been Bumble's amp cause there was a lot of noodling.

I remember that kid in front of Robin, he was cool and into the songs, Robin came out right in front with WTTJ.

Is it just me or did Madagascar get a huge crowd reaction?  People knew this song for some reason much more than the other four new ones.

Better really impressed me, havn't liked the youtube versions as much but live it was incredible.  The hard metal part really flows and isn't as start/stoppy like the demo. 

November Rain was played after Used to Love Her and before IRS I think.  Baz and Maria were down waiting to go on and I remember Baz singing along to NR and IRS to warm up for My Michelle. 

Axl was fantastic as always.  His sound was much better from "The Blues" on so they must have fixed something in the mix.  He was much more active than I remember at the Hammerstein shows.   

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2006, 03:37:52 PM »

Listening to 94.9 FM on the way down at 7:30 the dj call interviewed Axl.  I'm sure it was recorded earlier in the day or the week.  They were in the middle of rehearsal.  Axl said that they were almost done and just were going to run through PC one more time.  The DJ's first question was "when is CD going to come out".  Axl gave the same answer "fall or late fall"  and the DJ's like, it's December and Winter Axl, do you mean fall 2007?   So there was a chuckle and that was the extent of the interview.  Then Axl held the phone up to must of been Bumble's amp cause there was a lot of noodling.

I remember that kid in front of Robin, he was cool and into the songs, Robin came out right in front with WTTJ.

Is it just me or did Madagascar get a huge crowd reaction?  People knew this song for some reason much more than the other four new ones.

Better really impressed me, havn't liked the youtube versions as much but live it was incredible.  The hard metal part really flows and isn't as start/stoppy like the demo. 

November Rain was played after Used to Love Her and before IRS I think.  Baz and Maria were down waiting to go on and I remember Baz singing along to NR and IRS to warm up for My Michelle. 

Axl was fantastic as always.  His sound was much better from "The Blues" on so they must have fixed something in the mix.  He was much more active than I remember at the Hammerstein shows.   

the interview you are talking about was recorded on the Eddie Trunk show back in May before the Hammerstein shows.

Cool review Smiley   Lots of good reviews, its nice to see the band back out there after Milwaukee.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2006, 03:46:24 PM »

haha, I know that interview JB, I can almost recite it by heart, this was different, by a local DJ, hence the talk about it being December. 

There was nothing substantial about it anyways, same answers to the same questions. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2006, 03:58:46 PM »

Thanks again to everyone for the updates. Looks like another kick ass show even with the late start. Glad everyone had fun!

Here's the to the rest of the tour going smoothly and  maybe even an album soon!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »

^thats why you dont even bother going to the arena until at least 10:30  ok
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

I just got back from Ames.  I won't do a big review since others already have that covered, plus I need to take a nap for tonights show as well. But is was a GREAt show, Axl sounded amazing!! My favorite songs of the night were Better, and IRS.  It is amazing to hear those songs played live.  Axl nailed IRS!

As far as the late start, people were booing and getting restless, but it wasnt the whole crowd. I felt bad for Helmet, even though I thought they were boring, they still shouldn't get booed.  Axl apologized and mentioned it was weather reasons for the late start. (he said that at the end).

I thought it was a decent sized crowd, bigger than I expected, but few did leave early, their loss. Sorry for the crappy updates, I forgot to send them after they played OTGM.

Off to nap and get ready for tonight!

Don't believe that BS review by Kyle Munson.  I thought it was a great show and overall people enjoyed themselves. If it wasn't for the late start start, I am sure Mr Munson would have given it a better review.  The late start did kill some of the momentum of the show toward the end.  But hey, I loved every minute of the show, amazing!   

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2006, 04:15:44 PM »

^thats why you dont even bother going to the arena until at least 10:30? ok

Haha, we didnt get to the arena until 11ish last night.  Going around the same time again tonight! 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »

Thanks for the review and update, everyone.
Robin's interaction with cbeier78's kid is a nice sweet episode.

So although the weather wasn't nice to the band and early birds, it was a great show on a rare condition.

Cheesy thanks. Hehe good. Hope someone recorded this.

@ Minnie, Thorazine and daviebuckethead
I think the touchy bit wasn't really on the late starts or cancellation record.
It was the assumption displayed on the last two lines.

If you see a gross slander against your family or a close friend, especially when you know that can't be more wrong, you're entitled to get furious, don't you think? imagine your exasperation.
whether it's meant to be a joke or not, it's all the same to you. It can't be your idea of fun.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 04:38:33 PM by ppbebe » Logged
chemeister
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2006, 04:49:40 PM »

question..in what order do the openers play, don't want to miss Bach
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2006, 05:18:55 PM »

question..in what order do the openers play, don't want to miss Bach

dude be there by the time the doors open , and you are sure to catch Baz , its not just a Gnr show , But  Party amonsgt fans as well
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2006, 05:20:46 PM »

I just recieved this text...I'm assuming it was taken last night by ipoopie?  It's a shot of the crowd and looks pretty damn good to me

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2006, 05:22:41 PM »

LF, is poop going to be updating you again tonight?  Thanks to both of you for last night.  ok
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2006, 05:26:10 PM »

LF, is poop going to be updating you again tonight?? Thanks to both of you for last night.? ok

I'm not sure, this text was pretty unexpected lol

I'm willing though, gonna be up anyway! Wink

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »

So i'll start with standing in line. We get there at about 400 and there's less than a dozen people in front of us. The line for the GA was very small, I'd say about 30 people until about 630. Then the line started to get longer. The crowd was very diverse as far as age goes, there was a couple there that look like they were in their 60's. Then there was a family there with a kid that looked like he was 7 or 8. But lot of kids in high school n stuff like that. IT WAS COLD AS FUCK. I was wearing Chuck Taylor's so my toes were frozen like nobody's business. At 7 o'clock the doors finally opened. As we were running to get our front row spot, the old couple that I was telling you about, the lady fell on her face. NO BULLSHIT!!!!  rofl

But anyways, at 7:30, a band from St Louis played, forgot their names. I guess they won a spot from a radio contest or something to open. They were alright. Next were the Suicide Girls, HOT HOT HOT SEXY HOT. Nuff said. Then Baz, comes on with his corny ass. I was not a fan of him and still am not. However, I did enjoy his performance, better than what I expected. Blah blah blah.

Then shitty ass Helmet. I just did not get this. They SUCKED, THEY SUCKED, THEY FUCKING SUCKED. Their music was bland and boring, kinda killed the enthusiasm. The crowd booed them and a couple of things got thrown at them. I don't understand why Axl thought that EODM sucked and don't think Helmet sucks. But then came the wait.

12:30 am...................are you fucking kidding me?Huh When 12:00 o'clock rolled around, I thought that the show was gonna get cancelled and that we would have a Philly on hour hands but this time with pitch forks. But when Axl finally came on stage, all was forgiven. I would say that that Axl was in great form. Voice was good and energy was good. He did blow his nose just a couple of times and coughed a few. The highlight of the show to me was Tommy freakin Stinson. I asked him for a pick, and he threw one to me but I did not catch it. DAMN!!! But dude is hilarous. During November Rain, Tommy was looking down at us, and he was mocking Axl's lyrics. On the part that goes, " Don't you know you need sometime, all alone" Tommy mockingly rubs tears out of his eyes. Funny as hell. I will now say that Tommy won me over.

Overall, the show was good as expected, Axl looked great, but pretty short. And speaking of short, Baz's bass player looks like a midget. Either that or he could be a stunt double for an Asian in a kung fu movie. But anyways, seeing the concert front row and absorbing in the show did not change my opinion about this band. It was a great show, but the 1993 show was better. I still think that there is a lack of chemistry between the bandmates. Security was very cool. They were passing out cups of water to the people on the floor and they were very personable. We waited by the buses hoping to meet members but it got too cold, so we gave up.

I met a couple of people from this board and mygnr. I met Whatisitman, who by the way, is a season ticket holder to GnR shows.  hihi

Another cool thing was, our hotel was right next to this Mexican bar/restaurant who had $.99 Margaritas. beer 

That's how I get down.
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2006, 06:30:57 PM »

All I have to say is that it was amazing.  I went with 9 other people, most haven't heard their new shit and they fucking loved it.  This band rocks plain and simple.

The best part was the fact that there was almost a riot.  Axl took the stage very fucking late and a lot of people left before they went on.  But he made up for it with an great performance.

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: