Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]  (Read 37680 times)
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2006, 12:19:48 PM »

Funny things AXL said last night

"sorry for being tartey, well like david lee roth said I don't fell tartey

Hope you guys aint tired(at about 2 am) we got a long night yet

MR bach put on a great show , helmut ok but went to long . really lost the crowd, suicide girls were different

was at the show last night ?show ended at 2:45 and there were alot of pissed off people

OH WELL

I had great seats and people around me were leaving like 15 minutes before guns came on, thought he wasn't showing LOL

when they came out, ?they got the crowd right away , but lost them after the solos and some of the slower tunes, alot of people left around 2 am

Bumblefoot didn't seem to exicted , maybe he was sick or something??

Axl threw the microphone into the crowd , he faked like he was going to throw it a long ways, but so many people had left the General admission area that he had to throw it short

Overall Great show now I must rest, In about 12 hours I will see it again in Minnesota

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2006, 12:20:13 PM »

i only posted what i diod, because i've reads minneapolisnewsman's posts for a while, and isn't an asshole. i took what was said as a joke not an attack but, hey... Smiley

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2006, 12:26:32 PM »

Beta and the whole GNR crew including the Mods here are disrespecting alot of fans that stood by over the years.

I'm glad you enjoy the hours of work we put into this place, trying to have some kind of order and make sure people understand that we have rules instead of being a total anarchy.

You're very welcome.

If you wanna talk about disrespect, take a look around you.

Beta has my permission to post whatever the fuck she wants.? ok

People use the band as an easy target, but I guess they don't expect Beta to reply. It's all fun as long as you can keep deliving the punches, but once the other guy punches back, then it's not fun anymore.

That ends this discussion that has nothing to do with the show. Thank you.

/jarmo

It's the asshole remarks that Beta, Axl, and you have been making over the past few months that are getting under my skin.

Thats all. ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »

Did I call you an asshole? Did I single you out?

Or do you feel targeted by the comments made about the whiners and the negative ones?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.  But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.  We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.  This is Axl, and this is GNR though.  Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

I appreciate the response, but I was not being serious at all.  Moreover, you confirm what many are well aware of and what my post said, that a major snowstorm hit the Midwest, and travel was delayed from Chicago.  Why go after me for that, isn't that a little touchy?  Trust me, I was in the storm, I know that a typical 5 hour trip can turn into 10 in that kind of weather--that's why I posted what I did.  I posted nothing that was untrue, trying to perpetuate a rumor, or insulted anyone.  Why that post, why go after that? 

I know there will be hundreds of synchopants here to now bash me to death's end, and for what?  Half-drunkenly postulating that someone who was an hour and a half from their original hometown maybe went home to recover from illness, and then was caught in an awful snowstorm?  It's too bad, in my opinion, that you felt the need to take this on.  I think it would have been better left to disapear into cyberspace.  The show went on, and it sounds like without a hitch.  So hope all is well, and glad everyone made the trip to and from safely.   Oh, and I am not into spreading lies, but am into spreading the "good" word about this GNR.  If you notice, I am a big-time supporter, that has spent over $5000 dollars to and from gigs across N. America since 2001.  The Replacements got me into rock music, and GNR sealed my love for it---so this combination of players, to me is heaven.  I let everyone I know, who are music aficianados like myself, how talented and powerful this band is.  I am very disapointed, that whatever GNR is, feels so insecure that they might be threatened by the messageboards.  It's just weird.  Really sorry to have caused an issue, but was not trying to stir the pot.   To be quite honest, I was getting ready to get in the car and head to tonights show, daring the bad roads (6 hour drive--four friends, none have tickets yet, were buying floor).  I've waited the the whole tour for these shows, saving my money.  It was going to be a helluva a party--but after this, I might have to reconsider.  Weirded out by the pure vanity and lock down going on here.    Undecided

It is the last part of your statement that Beta got pissed at.  Think about all the shit that gets said about GnR everytime they are late or a show gets cancelled it makes the fuckin news.  Any other band can cancel a show or 2 or 5 or 10 but no one says fuck all but because it's GnR and fuckin reporters and media are stuck in 1992 still that pisses of Beta and fans like myself. 

I expect one thing from GnR and that is to fuckin rock the house.  I do not expect them to do anything else.  I have friends and family that show me love I don't need a rock star telling me how great I am or holding my fuckin hand every 2 seconds telling me they will show up.  At this point GnR has played more then enought show that  I trust them to show for every one unless they state otherwise. 

I find it funny how some on these boards fell like Axl owes them something.  Sorry but I don't think Axl has a fuckin gun pointed at your head  telling you to waste hrs on these message boards.  If you go to the shows he thanks all the fans for coming out.  That is more then enough. 
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2006, 12:59:25 PM »

Funny things AXL said last night

"sorry for being tartey, well like david lee roth said I don't fell tartey

Hope you guys aint tired(at about 2 am) we got a long night yet

MR bach put on a great show , helmut ok but went to long . really lost the crowd, suicide girls were different

was at the show last night  show ended at 2:45 and there were alot of pissed off people

OH WELL

I had great seats and people around me were leaving like 15 minutes before guns came on, thought he wasn't showing LOL

when they came out,  they got the crowd right away , but lost them after the solos and some of the slower tunes, alot of people left around 2 am

Bumblefoot didn't seem to exicted , maybe he was sick or something??

Axl threw the microphone into the crowd , he faked like he was going to throw it a long ways, but so many people had left the General admission area that he had to throw it short

Overall Great show now I must rest, In about 12 hours I will see it again in Minnesota

this pretty much sums of everything from last night for those of you looking for a review, I was going to post every one of these topics.  Dead on about Bumblefoot, he looked tired and really only got into one song (better).  Everyone has their bad days though so it's cool.  Tommy and Robin were incredible and full of energy.  They'd even dance backstage in between solos and jams, pretty funny.  Sebastian actually had a bigger crowd than GNR because so many had left.  It felt like a high school band was playing at the end cause the floor was so empty but I don't care how many people are there as long as I got to see GNR.  During Jungle Bumblefoot came to the side and one guy pointed towards his watch and Bumble just kind of chuckled and gave the "not in my control dude" look to him. 

Helmet is absolutely horrible.  An hour long set consisting of not one melody and the guitarist playing one note for an entire solo with a bit of feedback.  For those of you that thought Bullet for My Valentine were bad they were much better than these guys.  The crowd even tried to cut them some slack for the first half hour. 

Got back to MPLS after 6am, I am officially on rockstar time right now.  I think I'll enjoy tonights show more just cause my body clock is a little used to it now.  Being the biggest fan in the world I was still getting so tired that it was hard to enjoy the show...so hopefully casual fans didn't let the time affect their experience. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »

Funny I said yesterday that if something happened regarding the weather that people would find a way to blame Axl and sure enough they did!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2006, 01:49:14 PM »

No need for insults and beating the old "it's started late" dead horse....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »

I am VERY glad to see the "Axl threw his mic stand at a kid!" line from another board was debunked by these reviews.  No, he didn't throw the mic stand, Robin gave him a pick!  Roll Eyes  I hate it when we have to doubt info, but this just shows we have to. 

Hope we get a few more reviews Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2006, 02:02:14 PM »

Still no complete setlist from the show?

M.

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »

From the Des Moines Register.com

From the jungle to the city, Guns N? Roses? setlist from Hilton Coliseum in Ames on Friday night ? err, Saturday morning:

1. ?Welcome to the Jungle?

2. ?It?s So Easy?

3. ?Mr. Brownstone?

4. ?Live and Let Die?

5. ?Sweet Child O? Mine?

6. ?Better?

7. ?Knockin? on Heaven?s Door?

8. ?You Could Be Mine?

9. ?The Blues?

10. ?Out ta Get Me?

11. ?Used to Love Her?

12. ?IRS?

13. ?My Michelle?

14. ?Patience?

15. ?Nightrain?

16. ?Chinese Democracy? (encore)

17. ?Madagascar? (encore)

18. ?Paradise City? (encore)

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2006, 02:12:19 PM »

Thanks for the setlist. Does anyone know the last time Guns N Roses played Estranged live? Has the new band ever played it?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2006, 02:13:34 PM »

Is it correct that November Rain WAS NOT played?Huh peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »

That setlist seems to be lacking NR....  confused

/jarmo

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2006, 02:16:21 PM »

Thanks for the setlist. Does anyone know the last time Guns N Roses played Estranged live? Has the new band ever played it?

New band has never played 'Estranged' live. They may have practiced it in the studios or wherever, but that much we don't know.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2006, 02:17:32 PM »

Yes missing November Rain...anyone at the show have a set list?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
benchiefjr
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »

First of all...Helmet is possibly the worst band I have ever seen in my life. ?That was THE most boring set in the history of the world. ?My friend and I sat outside the actual playing space for the whole time. ?Suicide Girls was pretty hawt, especially when i was sitting next to two 12-year-olds... rofl ?Originally we would've had shitty seats but they were reserved for lights so we sat in perfect seats in section 111/row 13/seats 6 & 7, for the price of Upper Bowl seats ?Cheesy ?Sebastian was good too. ?Anyways, Axl apologized (sincerely IMO) for being late and explained it was due to the weather. ?I knew it was going to happen because thats what my luck is hihi but it wasn't a big deal. ?Robin's solo owned, as did CD, Madagascar, Better, and IRS. ?It was probably the most amazing show I've ever seen. ?love

NOVEMBER RAIN WAS PLAYED OK!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 02:26:09 PM by benchiefjr » Logged
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2006, 02:18:45 PM »

New band has never played 'Estranged' live. They may have practiced it in the studios or wherever, but that much we don't know.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I've been looking for live versions of it and couldn't find anything later that UYI tour. I'd love to hear the new band play it some time.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

I think everyone would.....  ok

Thanks, that's what I thought. I've been looking for live versions of it and couldn't find anything later that UYI tour. I'd love to hear the new band play it some time.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »

Is it correct that November Rain WAS NOT played?Huh peace

It such a signiture song, surprised it was omitted. Maybe because it is a longer song & they wanted to fit in more uptempo rockers?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: