Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]  (Read 37667 times)
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2006, 05:27:42 AM »

It's been said before... but thank you (smeagol) for staying up and taking the time to write your review of the show.  In knowing that all went well, I'm sure you've put many restless/worried fans at ease.  yes

Cheers,
W.R.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2006, 05:31:58 AM »

I'd have no problem with Helmet playing as long as they want....

that band kicks fucking ass and Axl likes going on later, if Helmet wants to play, let em play... ok
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2006, 06:01:24 AM »

Show got a late start, normal setlist.? Setlist changes would be the inclusion of used to love her.? Other suprise/change was that the encore was Chinese, Madagascar, Ron Solo/Don't Cry/Paradise City.

My review:

Got there at 7:30, wanted to see everything.? Some band from St Louis played for 30 min, then suicide girls then bach then helmet then GNR.? Show started at roughly 12:40?Huh The crowd was restless early, buy Axl and crew had them won over by the time SCOM had ended.? We were seated on fincks side,parquet,? 3 rows up.? Great seats and had an awesome view of the "behind the scenes" stuff.? My wife and I even got Beta to wave to us Smiley? ?Highlight for me from this show was Madagascar -Axl nailed it better then any other show I have heard (and I have damn near every boot available from 02 thru this year).? No real downers, the band was very tight and was on top of their game.? I suppose if you are trying to criticize you could bitch about the show time.? Axl apologized and mentioned the weather.? I believe him 100% in his sincerity regarding the later then normal start.? He also made another EODM crack when bach came on.? I believe it was "pidegons of poop" but I can't swear to that.? Baz called him Getty Lee, baz was wearing a RUSH t shirt.? The crowd seemed to like the new songs, with Better getting the best applause.? Not many were singing along, but seemed to enjoy the new music.? There was a little boy (8, 10?) in the front row with his dad on Finck's side.? Robin made lots of eye contact and I believe gave the boy a pick.? I'm sure the kid has a new guitar hero.? Tommy seemed to be in a good mood, I believe ROn has lost the dreds.? Sorry for rambling? I am tired as fuck and wanted to get something out to you all.? BTW, Frank is one hell of a plus for these guys.? I'll tease you all with one last observation that a bootleg may help.? I swear that one of the guitar solos that Fortis and the other guys were "mini-jamming" on was a HELL OF A LOT like the clip we have of "Checkmate (Prostitute?).? I'll never say that it was for sure, but I'm a gambler and I know where my money would be.? ?

P.S.? Have faith in Axl and the boys, it's easy to see that they are having a good time and that this is all from the heart.? If we don't get a new record this year I won't feel like Axl let me down.? I hope someone? associated with the band reads this, I as a true fan appreciate everything they are doing.......Take care

*edited for some typos/spelling after a nice warm shower*

Mate cracking review! Nice to read real postive and genuine things like that!! Mike

ben9785
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2006, 06:03:25 AM »

Thanks for staying up to give us a review bud, no matter how ranting on it was, well actually it wasn't at all, thank you for the review
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2006, 06:33:07 AM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.? But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.? We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.? This is Axl, and this is GNR though.? Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2006, 06:37:39 AM »

any chance you could post up the setlist from the show beta?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2006, 06:39:10 AM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.? But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.? We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.? This is Axl, and this is GNR though.? Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

Thanks beta, for clearing things up...  ok
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2006, 08:56:46 AM »

man, i think its great that beta comes here and tells us the truths etc etc, but there's really no need to be as agressive.

i fully understand that you want to deny the harmful lies that are spread i about axl, i respect it.

but there isn't a need to get up on your high horse everytime someone says something you dont like.

dont take this as a personal attack ok

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2006, 10:42:18 AM »

man, i think its great that beta comes here and tells us the truths etc etc, but there's really no need to be as agressive.

i fully understand that you want to deny the harmful lies that are spread i about axl, i respect it.

but there isn't a need to get up on your high horse everytime someone says something you dont like.

Maybe she reacts this way because she is sick of all the shit that people say about Axl,that people talk about him as if they knew him when the truth is they don?t have a clue or about the wrong info or invented lies that people belive without stopping to think for a moment and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2006, 11:07:42 AM »

Hey, you've got to be a firecracker to follow a rockstar around. =)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2006, 11:20:47 AM »

Most of us here appreciate the fact Beta comes on and explains things to us.

Its one thing to be critical, sarcastic ( but not mean) and debate some things about the band. It makes for a more interesting board.

The few who like to be always negative and spread mis-information and are just using this as a primary outlet for their anger & frustrations I wonder why they spend their time here? Can you call these people fans?

Anyway, glad to hear they had a great show last night and happy that Helmet is working out well, they are a good fit for this tour. It may take a few dates to win over the crowds, but opening for GNR isnt always the easiest job to do.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
NickM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »

Thanks for the review, sounded great.  I'm seeing them in MN tonight.

Set list?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2006, 11:35:44 AM »

wow...wish i coulda been there!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2006, 11:41:49 AM »

Agreed. 

Beta and the whole GNR crew including the Mods here are disrespecting alot of fans that stood by over the years.

Annie
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »

YOU GO GIRL!
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »

Agreed. 

Beta and the whole GNR crew including the Mods here are disrespecting alot of fans that stood by over the years.
I don?t think so. What they do is just to stop people spreading crap and lies, and if anything, that?s a matter of respect towards the band IMO.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Annie
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »

Show got a late start, normal setlist.? Setlist changes would be the inclusion of used to love her.? Other suprise/change was that the encore was Chinese, Madagascar, Ron Solo/Don't Cry/Paradise City.

My review:

Got there at 7:30, wanted to see everything.? Some band from St Louis played for 30 min, then suicide girls then bach then helmet then GNR.? Show started at roughly 12:40?Huh The crowd was restless early, buy Axl and crew had them won over by the time SCOM had ended.? We were seated on fincks side,parquet,? 3 rows up.? Great seats and had an awesome view of the "behind the scenes" stuff.? My wife and I even got Beta to wave to us Smiley? ?Highlight for me from this show was Madagascar -Axl nailed it better then any other show I have heard (and I have damn near every boot available from 02 thru this year).? No real downers, the band was very tight and was on top of their game.? I suppose if you are trying to criticize you could bitch about the show time.? Axl apologized and mentioned the weather.? I believe him 100% in his sincerity regarding the later then normal start.? He also made another EODM crack when bach came on.? I believe it was "pidegons of poop" but I can't swear to that.? Baz called him Getty Lee, baz was wearing a RUSH t shirt.? The crowd seemed to like the new songs, with Better getting the best applause.? Not many were singing along, but seemed to enjoy the new music.? There was a little boy (8, 10?) in the front row with his dad on Finck's side.? Robin made lots of eye contact and I believe gave the boy a pick.? I'm sure the kid has a new guitar hero.? Tommy seemed to be in a good mood, I believe ROn has lost the dreds.? Sorry for rambling? I am tired as fuck and wanted to get something out to you all.? BTW, Frank is one hell of a plus for these guys.? I'll tease you all with one last observation that a bootleg may help.? I swear that one of the guitar solos that Fortis and the other guys were "mini-jamming" on was a HELL OF A LOT like the clip we have of "Checkmate (Prostitute?).? I'll never say that it was for sure, but I'm a gambler and I know where my money would be.? ?

P.S.? Have faith in Axl and the boys, it's easy to see that they are having a good time and that this is all from the heart.? If we don't get a new record this year I won't feel like Axl let me down.? I hope someone? associated with the band reads this, I as a true fan appreciate everything they are doing.......Take care

*edited for some typos/spelling after a nice warm shower*
I am so happy that you were able to see your show and that you had a great time! I thought about you at the Chicago show. Some space opened up around me and I was dancing away during GNR"S whole set just like at Hammerstein!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2006, 12:01:17 PM »

I'm glad you enjoy the hours of work we put into this place, trying to have some kind of order and make sure people understand that we have rules instead of being a total anarchy.

You're very welcome.

If you wanna talk about disrespect, take a look around you.

Beta has my support to post whatever the fuck she wants.  ok

I'm glad she has chosen to post here to set some things straight even though I know she doesn't have to.

People use the band as an easy target, but I guess they don't expect Beta to reply. It's all fun as long as you can keep deliving the punches, but once the other guy punches back, then it's not fun anymore.

That ends this discussion that has nothing to do with the show. Thank you.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 06:29:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2006, 12:01:33 PM »

Agreed.?

I'm curious to know how they are being disrespectful to the fans? The band entertains the fans, they make music we enjoy. We then buy the CD's and the dvds and concert tickets to once again enjoy the music. If you dont like it dont buy it. The same goes for the board. If you dont like the way things are then leave, dont post here anymore. Dont try to spread negativity through out it.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »

I appreciate the response, but I was not being serious at all. ?Moreover, you confirm what many are well aware of and what my post said, that a major snowstorm hit the Midwest, and travel was delayed from Chicago. ?Why go after me for that, isn't that a little touchy?? Trust me, I was in the storm, I know that a typical 5 hour trip can turn into 10 in that kind of weather--that's why I posted what I did.? I posted nothing that was untrue, trying to perpetuate a rumor, or insulted anyone.  Why that post, why go after that? 

I know there will be hundreds of synchopants here to now bash me to death's end, and for what? ?Half-drunkenly postulating that someone who was an hour and a half from their original hometown maybe went home to recover from illness, and then was caught in an awful snowstorm? ?It's too bad, in my opinion, that you felt the need to take this on. ?I think it would have been better left to disapear into cyberspace. ?The show went on, and it sounds like without a hitch. ?So hope all is well, and glad everyone made the trip to and from safely. ? Oh, and I am not into spreading lies, but am into spreading the "good" word about this GNR. ?If you notice, I am a big-time supporter, that has spent over $5000 dollars to and from gigs across N. America since 2001. ?The Replacements got me into rock music, and GNR sealed my love for it---so this combination of players, to me is heaven. ?I let everyone I know, who are music aficianados like myself, how talented and powerful this band is. ?I am very disapointed, that whatever GNR is, feels so insecure that they might be threatened by the messageboards.? It's just weird. ?Really sorry to have caused an issue, but was not trying to stir the pot.? ?To be quite honest, I was getting ready to get in the car and head to tonights show, daring the bad roads (6 hour drive--four friends, none have tickets yet, were buying floor).? I've waited the the whole tour for these shows, saving my money.? It was going to be a helluva a party--but after this, I might have to reconsider.? Weirded out by the pure vanity and lock down going on here.? ? Undecided

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 12:23:58 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: