Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:40:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The police!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The police!  (Read 10793 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« on: December 01, 2006, 09:13:50 PM »

wow no threads on these guys.

Anyone like them? i recently got into them after hearing Stings cool basslines on message in a bottle. so ive been grooving to em all night.

anyone else like these? thoughts?

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:30:13 PM »

i like them, the songs i've heard i've liked i should get into them more. i love message in a bottle.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 07:59:58 AM »

Never really gave them the time of day but a while back i picked up a Machinehead album with their cover of 'message in a bottle' - truly outstanding song.

Picked up some stuff by the Police as a result, a geat band - but Machinehead's 'message in a bottle' is better Cheesy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »

Never really gave them the time of day but a while back i picked up a Machinehead album with their cover of 'message in a bottle' - truly outstanding song.

Picked up some stuff by the Police as a result, a geat band - but Machinehead's 'message in a bottle' is better Cheesy

i heard they put there shouty vocal style over it, would do my head in if they do, hate that vocal style.

do they actually metal it up or do it the same?

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 12:26:56 PM »

i heard they put there shouty vocal style over it, would do my head in if they do, hate that vocal style.

do they actually metal it up or do it the same?

it sounds like early Pantera, comes highly recommended. No stupid metalcore vocals here

Quick! To the bandwagon!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 04:59:08 PM »

And now it looks as if a reunion tour is in the works, to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/01/03/participate-in-the-swirling-of-police-reunion-rumors/
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »

Police reunion rumours heating up
By JAM! Music

Rumours are continuing to circulate that The Police will reunite this year for concerts in England and the United States, according to Billboard.com.

Billboard.com says it has been told by sources that reports of a reunion are legitimate but an announcement won't be made made public until details are ironed out.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of their classic single "Roxanne."

A posting on Sting's website hints that the band is in negotiations.

The news item -- attributed to an A&M spokesperson -- states: "Discussions have been underway as to how this will be commemorated. While we can confirm that there will indeed be something special done to mark the occasion, the depth of the band's involvement still remains undetermined."

The Police broke up in 1986 and have only played together twice in the last 20 years. They reunited for an impromptu set at Sting's wedding to Trudie Styler in 1992, and at the band's 2003 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »

Police to rehearse in Vancouver

The Police are set to rehearse in Vancouver before they kick off their reunion tour.

According to the city's classic rock station, CFMI, the band will hold their sessions at Lions Gate Studios.
It also rumoured that the Police will be a part of the opening performance at the Grammy Awards on Feb. 11.

Details of the band's summer tour are expected next month.
Before the reunion, Sting has a three-week tour in Europe for his lute album "Songs from the Labyrinth."

Wow this is actually happening

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

thats pretty cool. i also like "Every Breath You Take" the ultimate stalker anthem!! fuck yeah!!!  nervous

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »

The Police to Reunite for Grammy Awards

- - - - - - - - - - - -

January 30,2007 | NEW YORK -- The Police will reunite to perform at this year's Grammys ceremony, the Recording Academy announced Tuesday.

The award-winning group, which won five Grammys and turned out hits such as "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take," will open the event -- 23 years after breaking up.

The band -- singer Sting, guitarist Stewart Copeland and drummer Andy Summers -- fused reggae with pop and rock, and last performed together in 2003 when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

CBS will air the 49th annual Grammy Awards live from Los Angeles on Feb. 11.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 05:43:12 PM »

Now *that* will make the Grammy's worth watching.  I'm far from a die hard Police fan, but they were/are an amazing band, and made quite a mark with their material.  Great, great stuff.

Either that, or I'm just that old...sigh.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

Police sightings in Vancouver
By DARREN PARKMAN -- 24 Hours

One of the hottest rock bands of the '80s is continuing to stir things up right here in little old Vancouver.

Members of the original supergroup The Police, including famous front man Sting, have reportedly been spotted several times around town since Rock 101 broke the news they were rehearsing at Lion's Gate Studios in North Vancouver for a reunion tour.

Now that it's been announced they will indeed perform together at next month's Grammys, the hype and anticipation of diehard fans is growing.

Sting was reportedly spied strolling through Whistler Village a few days back, while bandmates Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers were seen walking downtown, and on the lot at Lion's Gate.

The band split up more than 20 years ago, after a string of mammoth hits.

Rumour has it a reunion tour, to mark the 30th anniversary of their breakout hit "Roxanne" could be announced shortly.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »

Cool reunite for the grammys, I hope they sing every little thing she does is magic  Cheesy

No man can be my equal
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 08:33:26 PM »

Cool reunite for the grammys, I hope they sing every little thing she does is magic? Cheesy

Nah...it's gotta be "Message in a Bottle."  Either way, no matter what the song is, it'll be great to see them again.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »

Im guessing theyll do a medley

Skid Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 11:13:05 PM »

Oooo The Police!! One of the best bands EVER!

Stewart Copeland is my favorite drummer.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 04:15:33 PM »

Secret Police on the move
Paparazzi

VANCOUVER -- Despite their efforts to stay incognito, members of the legendary 80s rock band The Police are getting noticed more and more around town.

Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland have even been "hotel hopping" around Vancouver in an apparent effort to avoid reporters and paparazzi.

Since showing up here to rehearse for a Grammys reunion and possible tour, band members have stayed at the Sutton Place Hotel, moved to the Four Seasons, and then transferred to the Wedgewood Hotel downtown on Friday.

One photographer who managed to snap some pictures, says security around the band is so tight he was quickly interrogated by Sting's handler who "thinks he's a private investigator".

Despite their trying to keep a low profile, all three members of the group were spotted dining together at Cin Cin restaurant on Robson Saturday night, with a representative of Brightlight Pictures.

The Police have been rehearsing at Lion's Gate Studios in North Vancouver for more than a week, and will perform together at Sunday's Grammys.

deadflowerII
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 05:52:05 PM »

I hate sting.....they suck..peace
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 05:23:59 PM »

While a reunion performance by The Police at the Grammy Awards in L.A. February 11 is big news, Pollstar has learned that the really big story will come the next day.
The band will hold a morning press conference February 12 at L.A.'s famed Whisky a Go Go, where they will announce what is being called "really big news" and will also perform a few songs.
Although the exclusive event is for industry and media only, L.A. radio station 93.1 Jack FM is holding a contest that will grant a few listeners a chance to attend.
The blogs have been buzzing for weeks about possible dates for a summer tour by The Police, and fans have been awaiting an official announcement. While Pollstar's sources have been extremely tight-lipped about exactly what really big news the band will announce at the Whiskey, it's a safe bet fans won't be waiting after Monday.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 05:30:26 PM »

Anybody a website member?

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The Police, who are reuniting to perform at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, will celebrate their 30th anniversary at the Whisky A Go Go the following day.

To enter the drawing for a spot at "The Police Rehearsals," fans must be "legacy members" of Sting's official Web site, Sting.com, the 55-year-old singer announced in a posting Wednesday. Twenty lucky winners will be notified Friday.

"After the event, we would like the winners to each submit to us 250 words that describes their experience of the day -- we can say with some certainty that none of you will be lost for words!" the announcement said.

Sting fanned speculation of a Police reunion and tour when he told the Television Critics Association last month that he and former bandmates Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers were "talking about" doing something to commemorate their anniversary.

The Police, whose hits include "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take," will open the Grammys, which will air live on CBS-TV from the Staples Center on Sunday night.

The band broke up in 1984 amid internal conflict. They last performed together in 2003, when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: